āœ”ļøš‘†šøš¶š‘…šøš‘‡š‘† š‘Šš¼š‘‡š»š¼š‘...

By -SKYDRAGONN-

"š–§š—†š—†. š–¶š–¾š—…š—…, š—š—š–ŗš— š—†š–ŗš—„š–¾š—Œ š—š—š—‚š—Œ, š—š—š–ŗš—, š—š—š–¾ š—š—š—‚š—‹š–½ š—€š—Žš—’ š—š—ˆš–½š–ŗš—’?" š—Œš—ˆš—†š–¾š—ˆš—‡... More

āšš’¾š“ƒš“‰š“‡š‘œāš
āšš‘œš“ƒš‘’āš
āšš“‰š“Œš‘œāš
āšš“‰š’½š“‡š‘’š‘’āš
āšš’»š‘œš“Šš“‡āš
āšš’»š’¾š“‹š‘’āš
āšš“ˆš’¾š“āš
āšš“ˆš‘’š“‹š‘’š“ƒāš
āšš‘’š’¾š‘”š’½š“‰āš
āšš“ƒš’¾š“ƒš‘’āš
āšš“‰š‘’š“ƒāš
āšš‘’š“š‘’š“‹š‘’š“ƒāš
āšš“‰š“Œš‘’š“š“‹š‘’āš
āšš“‰š’½š’¾š“‡š“‰š‘’š‘’š“ƒāš
āšš’»š‘œš“Šš“‡š“‰š‘’š‘’š“ƒāš
āšš’»š’¾š’»š“‰š‘’š‘’š“ƒāš
āšš“ˆš’¾š“š“‰š‘’š‘’š“ƒāš
āšš“ˆš‘’š“‹š‘’š“ƒš“‰š‘’š‘’š“ƒāš
āšš‘’š’¾š‘”š’½š“‰š‘’š‘’š“ƒāš
āšš“‰š“Œš‘’š“ƒš“‰š“Žāš
āšš“‰š“Œā„Æš“ƒš“‰š“Ž ā„“š“ƒā„Æāš
āšš“‰š“Œā„Æš“ƒš“‰š“Ž š“‰š“Œā„“āš
āšš“‰š“Œš‘’š“ƒš“‰š“Ž š“‰š’½š“‡š‘’š‘’āš
āšš“‰š“Œā„Æš“ƒš“‰š“Ž š’»ā„“š“Šš“‡āš
āšš“‰š“Œā„Æš“ƒš“‰š“Ž š’»š’¾š“‹š‘’āš
āšš“‰š“Œā„Æš“ƒš“‰š“Ž š“ˆš’¾š“āš
āšš“‰š“Œā„Æš“ƒš“‰š“Ž š“ˆš‘’š“‹š‘’š“ƒāš
question!!
āšš“‰š“Œā„Æš“ƒš“‰š“Ž š‘’š’¾š‘”š’½š“‰āš
āšš“‰š“Œā„Æš“ƒš“‰š“Ž š“ƒš’¾š“ƒš‘’āš
āšš“‰š’½š’¾š“‡š“‰š“Žāš
āšš’¶š“Šš“‰š’½ā„“š“‡'š“ˆ š“ƒā„“š“‰ā„Æāš

āšš“ƒš’¾š“ƒš‘’š“‰š‘’š‘’š“ƒāš

448 18 38
By -SKYDRAGONN-

"...it was just a dream..."

⊱⎻⎻⎻♡⤽⤼◇❀◇⤽⤼♡⎻⎻⎻⊰

flashback to San Juan: eight months ago

"Y/N come here and help us with the sandcastle!" Rosa called out to you.

"I'm coming. I'm coming," I chuckled.

I enjoyed the little moments like this with them. They're so precious and I would do anything to protect them.

I ran over to the two girls, Rosa (7) and Clara (3), to aid in their sandcastle building.

"y/n! yay!" the younger one shouted.

"You guys!" their mom scolded. "You can't make her do everything with you. Let her have her fun at the beach too."

"but mama!" Clara whined. "i love y/n! she's the best! i want her to be my sister!"

"Honestly, Maria, I don't mind spending time with the girls. They're the sweetest," I told her.

"If you say so, but you know how they get sometimes," she chuckled.

Before you left Japan, you contacted the embassy and set up a homestay with a local family, informing them that you were a student studying abroad. You set everything up to make your lie believable so you could truly focus on your mission, whilst blending in with the locals. You and Maria met when you first came to San Juan. Just like with the embassy, she was under the impression that you were a college student studying abroad in Puerto Rico and looking to stay with a host family.

What you didn't know was that she was a single mother with two beautiful children to who you soon became attached. They looked up to you like a big sister in the short month that you had been there.

You were dreading leaving the country because you knew you'd miss their smiling faces waking you up every morning.

"y/nnnnnnn," the small girl whined, dragging out my name and shaking me out of my thoughts. "i want to go see the fishies in the ocean!"

She began dragging my arm to pull me towards the water. For only being three, she was surprisingly strong.

"Come on Rosa!" I called out to the older sibling. "Can you grab Clara's floaties on your way?"

"Sure!" she spoke, picking up two pairs of floaties.

We spent some time in the water, having fun and constantly splashing each other until Maria told us to come back. I looked up at the sky to see that it was overcast with thunderclouds. Puerto Rico frequently got tropical storms and bad rain, so we knew it was time to go back home.

As we packed up our belongings, I noticed the sandcastle we made was still there.

"Hey, Maria can you take a quick picture of me and the girls next to the sandcastle!" I asked.

"oo! picture!" Clara shouted, jumping into your arms.

"Of course. Sit down around the castle girls, and smile!" Maria grinned.

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Cheese!"

I woke up sweating and panting. Was that a dream? It felt so real.

Looking over to my right, I saw Neji sleeping peacefully and snoring lightly. His arms and legs were sprawled out on the bed, so I quietly got off the bed, careful not to move too much.

I walked to the bathroom and splashed some cold water on my face. I gripped the edge of the sink and stared at myself in the sink, breathing heavily.

"It was just a dream," I told myself.

Switching off the bathroom light, I made my way towards the bed, sitting down at the edge to collect my thoughts.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and went to my camera roll. I scrolled up to my photos from eight months ago and stared at the image on the screen. It was Clara, Rosa, and I next to our sandcastle on the beach, smiling proudly.

I couldn't stop the silent tears streaming down my face. Thinking about them hurt too much. I wish I never went to San Juan.

Eventually, my sniffles woke up the man next to me.

"Y/N?"

"Oh Neji I'm sorry," I replied, attempting to wipe my tears so that he didn't see them.

"Are you crying? What's wrong baby?" He sat up in the bed and scooted close to me, hugging me from behind.

"It's nothing. Just a nightmare," I sniffled.

"Are you sure? I'm here if you want to talk." He moved from his spot on the bed and sat parallel to me, using one hand to rub my back and the other to wipe my tears. "Was it about the Akatsuki?"

"Yes," I lied.

The pain the Akatsuki caused me was nothing compared to the ache in my heart whenever I thought about my temporary family.

"Oh baby. It's okay. They can't get to you anymore. I'll protect you with my life." He wiped another tear that fell and kissed my forehead. "Come back to sleep."

"Okay."

He moved back to his side of the bed and opened up the covers for me to slide under. I shifted under them, getting comfortable. I didn't dare face him, in case more tears threatened to escape.

"I've got you baby," his voice soothing and calming in my ear. He scooted behind me and wrapped his arm around me.

If only he truly knew the demons that were eating me alive.

Eventually, I fell asleep against Neji's chest, our breathing in sync. The only thing that could be heard was my occasional sniffles and I prayed my nightmare was over.

flashback to San Juan: eight months ago

"Y/N come on! You're trailing behind," Rosa yelled to me.

"Hey! Your sister isn't exactly the lightest three-year-old ever! It's not my fault she fell asleep on the walk back home." That only caused her to giggle and break out in a sprint, leaving me behind.

"This kid," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

I watched as her short, wavy brown hair disappeared from my sight, leaving Clara and me in a trail of her dust.

"y/n. are we home yet?" Clara asked sleepily.

"Not yet sweetie. Almost!" I responded, gazing at her sleeping figure in my arms.

She was the cutest toddler I had ever seen. My favorite feature of hers was her large, bright emerald eyes that shimmered for every occasion. They contrasted her almost-black, long curly hair and tan skin.

I watched as she shifted in my arms, making herself more comfortable.

"You are too cute Clara," I said to her, bopping her nose.

After five long minutes, we eventually reached the small house. Maria didn't make too much money as a maid, so they got by with the bare necessities. Since being here, I've contributed some money to the family, much to Maria's dismay.

I began to laugh at the memory as it appeared in my mind.

"You can't give us any money!" she pleaded.

"Maria please! I've been living with you guys for two weeks and I'm an extra mouth to feed. It's the least I can do to help. I'm not taking no for an answer. At least let me help with the groceries. And I can pick up the girls after school," I replied, out of breath.

"Fine! Only because you won't give up on this," Maria sighed, rubbing her temple.

This led to you helping the family more than you would've imagined. But you didn't mind, they became like your second family.

"We're back!" I called from the front door.

"Took you guys long enough!" Rosa shouted from the bathroom.

"Y/N, sweetie come into the kitchen. I'm just going to finish making dinner," Maria called.

"Of course. Let me just put Clara in her room and wash my hands!"

Placing the small child on the bed, I brushed some stray curls from her face and placed a blanket on top of her.

"thanks sissy. i love you," she mumbled in her sleep. 

I walked to the kitchen and washed my hands in the sink. I saw all of the food that Maria had placed on the counter, ready to be seasoned and cooked. While her cooking was completely different from that in Japan, I did enjoy the tasty cuisines.

"Oh no!" Maria exclaimed, running her fingers through her hair.

"Maria what happened?"

"I don't have any more beans. And you know how important the beans are!!" She was pacing around the kitchen, double-checking the cupboards for a spare package of beans.

"Maria it's fine. I'll just run to the store real quick and get some," I assured her.

"Okay but don't take long. It's getting dark out!" She handed me a five-dollar bill, which I pushed from her hand. I grabbed my wallet and left before she could protest.

You really did enjoy spending time with them. The sole purpose for coming to Puerto Rico was to gather intel on the drug trafficking coming in and out of Japan. The man in charge of the group, Danzo, has a base of operations in the capital, and you were determined to shut them down.

After the stint in Japan with those mafia buffs, you decided to work on your own from then on, utilizing the skills you were taught under Hizashi.

"Hey little lady," a voice called out from the shadows. I whipped my head to the right and saw a tall man standing in the ally, but it was too dark to make out any facial features. "It's getting late, you know there are all kinds of people that wander around at night," he licked his lips.

"Yep. All kinds of weirdos. I'd love to chat but I have to get going now..." I picked up my pace and headed to the store, knowing there'd be a crowd of people.

"Hmph. We know you've been trailing us," I faintly heard as I ran down the hill.

I brushed it off and ran into the store, picking up the beans and leaving just as fast as I came.

The sun was barely shining, meaning I had to return fast. It wasn't a far walk, but it was uphill, which meant it'd take me a little longer going back.

I kept my eyes peeled for any suspicious activity and hugged the bag close to my chest.

To avoid another run-in, I jogged a bit to the house, hoping the family wasn't waiting too long for my return.

"I'm back and I've got the beans. I saw some weird guy in the alleyway outback, so let's make sure to lock up tonight!" I yelled from the front door.

"What did he want?" an unfamiliar voice called from the living room.

I dropped the bag and gasped at what I saw.

It was the same man from earlier, only this time, he was clutching the oldest daughter by her hair with a knife pushed to her throat.

"Y/N! Please help me!" she sobbed.

"Wh-where's your mom?" I asked hesitantly.

"The bad man took her in the bedroom and she hasn't come out! But I heard her screaming!" she said in between cries.

I gulped, unsure of what to do. I had no weapons on me and I knew I wouldn't be fast enough to make it to her before he slashed her throat.

"What's it gonna be little girl? You can only save one of them. This one here or that little one sleeping upstairs. She's just so cute," he smiled menacingly.

"You guys are sick!" I spat out. "What the fuck do you want with them? If you have problems with me then let's handle this like adults. Leave this family alone!"

"Hmm. Let me think for a moment...No!" he laughed.

"D-do you work for Danzo?"

"Oh, sweetie. I am Danzo," he chuckled.

"B-but..."

"Yes? Take your time..."

"You couldn't have known I was tailing you! I was careful!" While talking to the disfigured man, I began to plot up a way to get everyone out of the house safely.

He dragged the knife against Rosa's skin, causing the young girl to wince at the pain. "You slipped up. It's just that simple," he shrugged.

"And because of that," he continued. "This beautiful family has to pay the price. So, who's it gonna be? Who are you gonna save?"

"I-I..." I slipped up? How? When? A thousand thoughts clouded my mind, preventing me from thinking straight.

"Times up!"

He took the same knife pressed again Rosa's throat and dug it deep into the side of her neck.

"ROSA! NO!" I shouted, running towards her and catching her limp body.

"Y/N..." she tried to say. "I-I..."

"No Rosa don't speak. It's all going to be okay. I'm here!"

"Where's mommy? And Clara? Y/N, did you turn off the lights? It's getting dark." She was gasping for air, and her talking had used up any energy she had left.

"Take care of mommy and Clara. I-I'm going t-to miss them a-and you." I watched as she closed her eyes, a smile on her face. Her body stopped moving and I pressed my ear to her chest, listening for a heartbeat.

"ROSA!" I shouted.

"ROSA! PLEASE!" I sobbed.

I hugged her lifeless body close to me, crying uncontrollably.

I remembered the situation and quickly composed myself.

"Forgive me, Rosa," I sighed, hesitantly yanking the knife from her neck and standing up.

"Oh? You're finished already? I was almost moved to tears," he frowned.

I heard a muffled cry from the first bedroom. "Maria!" I exclaimed.

I pushed past Danzo, shoving him with all my might, causing him to stumble and fall back. I grabbed Maria's favorite vase from the counter and broke it on top of his head.

He fell to the floor, trying to compose himself.

"You fucking piece of shit," I spat at him, kicking him in his stomach.

He tried gasping for air, but I continued to kick him until he coughed up blood from his mouth.

I quickly ran to the bedroom and kicked it open, seeing a man naked on top of Maria in her bed.

Her hands were tied and her mouth was gagged. She looked towards the door and I saw the tears streaming down her face.

I threw the sharp kitchen knife at the man, which, unfortunately, he quickly dodged.

"Fuck," I exclaimed.

"Be quicker next time bitch," he spoke, pulling a gun from his back pocket and aiming it at me.

"Next time," he continued, "don't interrupt me while I'm busy."

He pointed the gun at Maria's forehead—her eyes wide—and fired.

"MARIA!"

"Take one more step and I'll blow your fucking brains out!"

I stood still in the doorway. I couldn't even look at Maria. She was completely naked and battered and her blood was splattered all over the wall behind her.

The sight of it made you sick like you could throw up.

"Where's Danzo?" he asked.

"Don't know."

"Don't test me bitch. I'm not one to mess with."

I was discreetly scanning the room for anything to defend myself with. I could run and try to find Clara since I'm right by the door.

This seemed like the only option at that moment, so I ran as fast as I could to Clara's room, making sure to close the door behind me and push the bookcase in front of it.

"You're in for it now you little fucker!" he shouted from the other side of the door.

I pushed open Clara's door and sighed in relief at the sight of her sleeping figure.

"Thank God," I smiled, running to her bed.

"Clara sweetie. It's Y/N. Wake up!"

"huh? y/n? i'm scared!" she trembled.

"Why are you scared honey? I'm here now," I reassured her.

"the scary man said i'm gonna die!"

"What? Who said that?"

"y/n i can't feel my leg."

I lifted up her covers to reveal her bloody sheets and a large gash running from her ankle to below her knee.

"Clara," I gasped.

"it's hurting. make it stop!" she cried. "i miss mommy. i want mommy."

"I know sweetie. But I'm here now. I'm going to make it all better," I comforted her.

"are you sure? i-i'm really scared," she began sobbing.

"I'm going to get out of here. Can I wrap up your leg?"

"i want mommy," she continued crying.

Instead of continuing to console her, I grabbed a shirt from her closet and began wrapping her leg to stop the bleeding.

I took out my phone and immediately dialed the police. I wasn't sure how long they were going to take so I contacted the embassy as well, hoping they'd take care of Danzo and his thug. I neglected to leave my name and phone number, as I didn't want anyone to know who I was.

I stayed with her in the room until I heard the sirens from outside.

"Okay. Y/N is going away now, but the nice people will take care of you," I told her.

"wh-where are you going? i don't want you to leave," she pleaded, grabbing my arm as I stood up.

"I know but I can't stay here. But you'll be safe with them."

"no! stay with me please. you're my big sissy," she said through tears. "if you love me then you stay with me!" Tears threatened to fall from my eyes if I stayed there any longer.

It was a lot for her three-year-old self to understand, but I knew I couldn't stay. She'd be safer with the police and people from the embassy.

I wouldn't be able to explain to the police what happened here, nor would I ever see Clara again. But I had to do what was best for her.

"This is the police! Open up!" I heard from outside the front door.

"I love you, Clara. I'll come find you one day." I kissed her forehead and went out through the window.

I could hear her screams and pleas from inside the house. Wiping the tears from my eyes, I sprinted in the opposite direction.

I stopped for a quick breath of fresh air and took out my phone, calling the only person I could trust at the time.

"Hidan?"

"Y/N where are you?"

"San Juan."

"I'm sending a chopper to you now.
I'll text you the details.
Sit tight until we arrive."

I shot up from the bed once more, clutching my throat and gasping for air.

Tears were streaming down my face and this time I couldn't contain them.

"Y/N what happened? I'm here," Neji said from next to me.

I couldn't catch my breath and respond to him.

"It's okay. Take your time," he said, stroking my head.

"Neji," I said through pants. "I killed them. I-I killed them!"

"Who? It was a dream baby," he tried assuring me.

"No. I-I...It was real."

"Let's go back to sleep and talk about it in the morning," he replied, patting my back.

"You go ahead. I'll be back soon. I just need to go outside and clear my head," I told him.

"Okay. Take your time," he nodded. He was a bit weary and nerved by her response, so he told himself he'd follow after her.

I stood up and grabbed my phone from the table and headed downstairs. It was still a little hard to walk on my own, but I took my time.

Once I was outside, I took in the fresh air and sighed.

I opened my phone and stared at the picture of the three of us once again.

The day when everything changed.

Tears brimmed my eyes again. I couldn't stop thinking about how I cost that family their life.

"If I could go back in time, I'd trade my life for theirs in a heartbeat."

"Whose life?" Neji asked from the door, confusion written all over his face. "What happened?"

⊱⎻⎻⎻♡⤽⤼◇❀◇⤽⤼♡⎻⎻⎻⊰

i was going to take this chapter in a different route and make it be Neji who was the one that killed the family but I couldn't make her hate him again...

new guren ichinose book coming out on sunday called playboy.

next update: monday < 3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461K 13.1K 93
š‘¼š’›š’–š’Žš’‚š’Œš’Š š‘“š’Šš’”š’‚, š’•š’‰š’† š’šš’š’–š’š’ˆš’†š’“ š’•š’˜š’Šš’ š’”š’Šš’”š’•š’†š’“ š’š’‡ š‘¼š’›š’–š’Žš’‚š’Œš’Š š‘µš’‚š’“š’–š’•š’ š’˜š’‰š’ š’Šš’” š’’š’–š’Šš’•š’† š’•š’‰š’† š’š’‘š’‘š’š’”š’Šš’•š’†...
287K 6.9K 91
š˜/š š–š€š’ š€ happy girl with a smile that could light up any room, she had a bright personality and a warm feeling that attracts you to her. She w...
192K 6.4K 21
"Hunter x Hunter" ||various x reader|| š™“ššŸššŽšš› šš ššŠšš—ššššŽšš šššš˜ ššŽšš”šš™ššŽšš›šš’ššŽšš—ššŒššŽ šš šš‘ššŠšš šš’šš šš šš˜ššžšš•šš šš‹ššŽ šš•šš’šš”ššŽ šš’šš— šššš‘ššŽ š™·šš„š™½ššƒš™“ļæ½...
30.2K 1.2K 11
ā€¢ DO NOT READ THIS STORY IF YOU DON'T LIKE MULTISAKU. *ļ½„悜ļ¾Ÿļ½„*:.ļ½”..ļ½”.:*ļ½„'(*ļ¾Ÿā–½ļ¾Ÿ*)'ļ½„*:.ļ½”. .ļ½”.:*ļ½„悜ļ¾Ÿļ½„* ā˜… Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto nor the story. It...