Who are you ||Moonsun||

By Yong08

Kim Yong-sun was a detective investigating a murder case along with her subordinates. After hitting dead end... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10

5

190 12 0
By Yong08

Whee-in gained her consciousness when the cold floor was biting on her. Every part of her body felt numb. She remembered being surrounded by guns and she had to surrender. What about Hye-jin?

Whee-in looked around and she was all alone inside a room with boxes. The place was lit up by artificial light. When she looked at her wrist to see the time, her gadgets were missing.

She got up to checked the door and it was locked from outside. She strolled around in the room and open the boxes. Some were empty while some contained old clothes and dirty towels. She falls back when the pungent smell spread. There was no window nor any opening.

She sat down at the place where she woke up and waited, waiting for the time to save them. Waiting for her father to choose between losing her and saving her. Afterall, this was the only chance in all the seven years that they have to capture Moon Byul-yi, the unidentified murderer. They needed to arrest her and admit her crimes so that she could receive the judgement she deserved.

The door unlocked and two big men walked in. Whee-in stood but didn't do anything stupid. She quietly followed them in a long dark hallway. Muffled noise of crowd could be heard in a distant. As they go nearer, the sound became clearer. One of the men opened the door and the sound of crowd cheering blast out from the room. Whee-in stood there in shock when she saw Eric badly beaten up by those men. The noise grew when Eric staggered and tried to fight back.

"SILENCE"

Everyone shuts up and the room was quiet. From the built-in balcony in the room, Byul looked down to everyone. She proudly grinned as she did so. When she spotted Whee-in, she signaled the two men to bring her up there.

"Whee-in!", Yong-sun rushed towards Whee-in but she was blocked by one of the men.

"Hey, hey. Not so fast." Byul sat down on the sofa. She carefully scanned Whee-in with a stern face for a whole minute, then she smiled. "Wow. You have a great body."

Yong-sun clenched her fist in frustration. She never wanted to make Whee-in involved in this but Whee-in's skills were a necessity. Moreover, Yong-sun hated that Hye-jin was the reason to which all of these started. But who was she to blame? Yong-sun always wanted the man behind the murder to be arrested and it was because of Hye-jin that they finally know who the person is.

After Byul's men caught Whee-in and Hye-jin, all of them were transport to another place while they were knocked unconscious. On the ground, Byul's men were having their play time with Eric and Byul was occupied upstairs with Yong-sun and Whee-in.

In the mean-time, some of the men were having fun with Hye-jin in another room. No matter how much Hye-jin begged, those men showed no mercy nor sympathy. All they seek was pleasure.

"Yong-sun ssi, I wish we didn't meet this way. Because if we haven't, we could have been friends. Right?", Byul spoke like a mature person for the first time.

But Yong-sun could not care more. "I am actually glad we met this way. I won't want a friend like you."

Byul suddenly bang on the table angrily, making Yong-sun and Whee-in flinched. "Do you think I wanted to be like this?" Byul curled up on the sofa, "I just wanted to be friends. I want my sister to be by my side. I want you to love me."

Byul gazed at Yong-sun making eye-contact, "Is that really hard to do?.....I know. It's all because of him. If only he had already said that he was proud of me."

Yong-sun was surprised to see this vulnerable side of Byul.

<<<

[20 years ago]

"Seulgi, I can't wait to see papa." Byul happily eat her lunch in the plane. Seulgi beamed and nodded. "Me too." The two seven years old girls who looked alike and wore the same clothes were in the plane flying from Seoul to Italy to meet their father for the first time.

When a man came to their old house asking their mother to take them to Italy, the twins thought it was because their father missed them and what they didn't realized then was their mother has given up on them.

"Papa", Byul ran and hug the first person she saw once they reached the huge mansion. Seulgi did not move and kept standing beside the man who came to pick them up from Seoul. Seulgi noticed the forced smile on their father's face whom they knew only in the photo. Mr. Moon ordered his guards to take them to their room and feed them. Byul brightly followed those people and walked away.

"Seulgi? Are you okay?", Marco crouch down because Seulgi hasn't let go of his hand ever since they landed in Italy.

"Ahjussi, I am scared."

"Don't worry. I will come with you." Marco smiled and took Seulgi to her room.

Days, months passed by and the life of the twins only got worse. Their father never laid an eye on them since the next day they arrived and their step-mother never missed a chance to rebuke them. Despite all the hardships, the sleepless nights, the sisters' hugs and cries in the eve of the night, the twins grew up to be strong and beautiful teenagers.

Byul would learn how to fight from Marco and would always get in troubles. The more she got whipped as a punishment from her father, the more their step-mother loved it.

Seulgi was smart and beautiful unlike Byul who was all the time covered with bruises. She was popular in the school and everyone loved her. This ignited a jealousy on their step-sister who was their same age. She complained to her mother and out of it bore an evil plan.

Byul as usual was late. Seulgi was in their room studying while she waits for Byul to return. The door slowly opened and Seulgi turned around happily to greet her sister but she was wrong.

"Brother, what are you doing here?"

"What do you mean? I came to see my sisters." Their step-brother who was three years older than them sneered as he replied. He entered the room and made himself comfortable on Byul's bed.

"It would be nice if you knock first." Seulgi spoke politely.

"Knock? Why would I do that in my house? By the way, which one are you? The mad tomboy?", he joked.

Seulgi tried to control her anger. "I am Seulgi." She slowly slided her hands to the side of the table to grasp the scissors. Before she could reach the scissors, the brother stood up and walked around in the room.

"Seulgi. Yes. The beautiful one."

"Byul and I look just the same."

"No, you are more beautiful." He bent over to Seulgi, looking at her lips lustfully. Without a second delay, he finally showed why he was there. He constrained Seulgi on Byul's bed and tried to get in between her legs.

Seulgi called for help but none came to her aid. Seulgi pulled her step-brother's hair and when she saw the opening, she kicked him in the crotch.

She jumped over to her table and grasp the scissors, holding it up as her defense.

"Don't make me angry. Put it down. Be a good girl."

Seulgi just need to buy the time until Byul arrives. She threatened to stab whenever he tried to snatch it away. The brother pretended to give up and when Seulgi let her guard down for a second, he pounced on her. The two fought over the scissors and accidentally, Seulgi stabbed her step-brother.

Blood oozed out from the wound and Seulgi trembled in fear. She stepped back and breakdown on the floor on seeing her brother laying there calling for help.

"Help me. Call someone."

But Seulgi was too afraid to move. Right that moment, Byul returned and aghast at what was happening. She immediately called for help and their brother was taken to the hospital.

Seulgi and Byul stood in the hall with their heads hung low. Their father stood in front with a belt in his hand. "Tell me. Who did it?"

Both of them did not utter a word. Byul looked at her sister from the corner of her eyes. Seulgi was sweating beads of sweat and biting her lips.

Mr. Moon yelled at them this time. "Are you not going to speak?"

"I did."

Seulgi snapped and stared at Byul. Byul smiled at her before she was hauled away by their father to the dark room.

Blood dripped from the chin while her hands were tied up by the chain hanging from the ceiling. Byul felt numb after her father whipped her multiple times with the belt. She could only hear muffle sound and the ground was swaying in her eyes. Maybe it was from the thrashing that snapped a nerve or was it an epiphany but that bitter night was the beginning of a new Byul.

Byul had always worked hard to get her father's attention. All she wanted was his praise and to hear him say he was proud of her. She would run errands for him and fight anyone who bad-mouthed him. But that night, hatred bloomed in her heart. Not to her father but towards her very own twin sister, Seulgi. Because Byul believed everything was ruined because of Seulgi.

Byul became a different person. She quit school and started working under Marco. And it didn't take long before she joined them in killing people.

Marco noticed the change in Byul and tried to make her stop. But he was left speechless when he heard Byul said, "Killing is fun."

After 12 years, Byul came back to South Korea to carry a mission for her father along with Marco and his men. They were to make a political candidate sign a paper about no interference in Moon's business. He was a threat to the illegal business the Moons carried out in the country.

They made the man sign the paper but Byul was not satisfied. Her blood thirst was never quenched. She shot the man in the head as she cackled. Marco knew he had to do something.

In the night before they leave the country, Marco sneaked in Byul's room to stop her before she gets out of control. But he underestimated her. He forgot that he was the one who taught Byul about all of these.

Marco was caught red handed. With the gun pointed on his head, Byul called her father about what she should do with Marco.

Byul hang up the phone and took a deep breath.

"Byul, you don't have to soil your hands again." Marco had always loved Byul like his own child. Now, he felt like a failed father.

"Marco. Thank You for everything. If not for you, I don't know what would happen to me." Byul teared up.

"It's okay, Byul. You still have time. You can stop now."

"I love you, Marco. But you never try to understand me. I am sorry. I want to make my papa proud of me."

Marco's tears never got the chance to fall from his eyes nor did he got the chance to say 'I love you too'.

On the grave stone, there carved 'Here lies our beloved Marco'. Seulgi stood there with a bouquet in her hands. She crumpled the flowers as she sniffled; missing Marco who was her first friend in Italy.

Seulgi dried off her tears and turned her head to the right to glare at Byul who was standing far away, minding her own business. "Moon Byul-yi. I swear."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

774 64 24
Three girls are already missing. Now, Kim Jisoo has been drugged by her vice principal nearly to death. Was she about to be another victim? Or was th...
103 4 5
This story follows Hwasa, who goes by her real name, and Wheein. They are stepsisters. Hyejin and Wheein are extremely smart duos. They work with det...
880 30 10
Hwasa is a well known police officer who catches every bad person. Her mission is to track down the mastermind behind all of the kidnappings and murd...
2.3K 101 8
Wheein is a detective in Seoul and Hwasa (or Hyejin) is a gang leader. Hwasa's gang is one of the most notorious gangs in Seoul, South Korea, and is...