Crushin' and a Blushin'

By wakamonster

Harry is scary. Or he's at least intimidating, with his long curly hair and piercing green eyes. People tend... More

Chapter 1 - harreh
Chapter 2 - the 's' is silent
Chapter 3 - fool('s gold)
Chapter 4 - h's mind and niel
Chapter 5 - z, stares, and touches
Chapter 6 - kings, queens, and the irish princess
Chapter 7 - laddy lads
Chapter 8 - plans and louis' big bum
Chapter 9 - crinkles with bread
Chapter 10 - end of the day
Chapter 11 - acknowledgements and coffee
Chapter 12 - why is he so hot?
Chapter 13 - playing family
Chapter 14 - domestic daddies
Chapter 15 - you're the one that i want
little chit chat cause it's cute :)
Chapter 16 - stay the night
Chapter 17 - now kiss me you fool
Chapter 18 - the morning after
Chapter 19 - footie and flirting
Chapter 20 - a lot of feels in princess park
Chapter 21 - tommo the tease gets some
Chapter 22 - avocados and love bites
Chapter 23 - boy friend not yet boyfriend
Chapter 24 - no control
Chapter 25 - thoughts, decisions, and gossip
Chapter 26 - lots of new things
Chapter 28 - boyfriend
Chapter 29 - sweetcheeks and baby cakes
Chapter 30 - louis' cheerleader
Chapter 31 - firsts
Chapter 32 - endings
HAPPY 11 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!

Chapter 27 - heartbreak

6.9K 227 148
By wakamonster

*Note: This is a longer chapter with a little bit of angst but it's literally the smallest amount imaginable. Also this is in no way hating on Taylor!! :)*

Harry's POV
I wake up early with a massive hang over. I consider going back to sleep but ultimately get up because I want to see Louis. I throw on a Rolling Stones shirt, some black skinny jeans, and some sunglasses to protect myself from the light.

When I get to school Louis is already there standing by his locker. He's wearing a large black hoodie with a white shirt under it and black Adidas joggers. He looks so fucking good and doesn't look hung over at all, just a little tired maybe.

He hands me some water in a Starbucks cup, "Sorry, I went to Starbucks like usual but I just couldn't remember why I was there and I was really thirsty so I just ended up getting two waters," he gives me an apologetic smile.

Never mind he's definitely hung over but he looks so hot and cute at the same time and it's messing with my brain.

"Don't be sorry, I probably need this more then the coffee," I assure him.

He smiles at me and I have to restrain myself from kissing him by drinking the water. I actually did really need it as I down nearly half of it in one go. I look back at Louis who looks away quickly and blushes as if I just caught him doing something he shouldn't have. Maybe he was watching me drink all that water the whole time.

"You know you're wearing two pairs of sunglasses right?" he finally speaks up.

He goes on his tippie toes to poke at the pair in my hair. I think I did it on purpose but I honestly can't remember.

"Yes," I confidently state.

Louis chuckles, "You're cute," he smiles up at me.

I can feel my heart melting. No Louis, you're cute. You're literally the definition of cute.

"Do you want to wear a pair?" I say instead giving him a dimpled smile.

His eyes light up, "Sure! We can be matching!"

I laugh and take off the ones in my hair. I then place them on Louis' face and adjust them to fit. They're a bit big on him but he looks so hot. He could do whatever he wants to me in those glasses. Actually he could do that without them too. God he could just-

"Actually never mind," I say suddenly and pull them off Louis' face.

He pouts at me, "Why not Hazza?"

"You look too good in them," I mumble as I place them back into my hair.

He beams seemingly satisfied with that answer as he drops the subject. I walk Louis to his class and we talk about how tryouts went. Apparently there was a kid who kept trying to slide tackle Louis. I asked him who it was but he said it didn't matter since the kid didn't make the team anyways. After that I had to remind myself to Treat People With Kindness because I was thinking about doing some not so kind things to that kid.

Anyways it's after fourth period and I'm currently waiting for Louis outside his classroom. I watch him put away his stuff very slowly. Usually he's already out the room when I arrive but I don't mind the wait. He finishes putting away everything and finally looks up. He sees me and I smile at him but he doesn't return it. Instead he walks right past me without even acknowledging me. I walk behind him thinking he'll stop at his locker but then he doesn't.

I follow after him, "Louis what's wrong?"

He doesn't answer me and continues to speed walk to the exit it seems. I notice some people looking at us but I continue to run after Louis. Once we finally get outside and away from everyone he turns to me.

"Was I just some joke to you? A fucking game?" he asks with tears threatening the corners of his eyes.

"Boobear what are you talking about?" I plead.

I'm so confused. Did I make Louis cry? What the fuck did I do?!

"Don't call me that," he snaps, "You know what you did. Everyone's talking about it."

I shake my head and reach out to him but he pulls away from my touch, "Louis," is all I can say.

"You really had me fooled, you know. Making me think that you actually liked me. But no. It turns out I was just some lousy experiment for a straight boy. But I don't do things like that Harry! I don't kiss or touch just anyone without it meaning something! And I really thought it did mean something. I really thought last weekend meant something to you. But as soon as it's over you move on to the first pretty girl that you can get your hands on huh?" Louis' tears start to roll down his cheeks, "It hurts Harry. It really fucking hurts. Especially since we're friends. I knew I shouldn't have fallen for you and I knew this was all too good to be true, but I still let it happen. Fuck!" he finishes choked up.

"Louis, please. Can we just talk about all this," I beg with tears of my own falling down, "Can we talk about us?" I plead softly.

"I don't want to talk to you anymore," his voice cracks and it breaks my heart.

He walks past me sniffling and all I can do is watch him walk away. I fucked up. But I still don't know what I did which is the really fucked up thing. I should know what made Louis cry, I should know what broke him and somehow I have no fucking clue. Fuck! I wipe away at my tears when I hear footsteps marching towards me.

"Harry! What the fuck did you do to Louis!" I hear and I immediately recognize it being Zayn.

I turn around and sure enough I'm met with Zayn, and also Liam and Niall who all look pissed off. They seem taken aback when they see my red eyes and tear stained cheeks but they keep up their fronts.

"I don't know, I don't know, I don't know," I mumble shaking my head.

"How could you not know?!" Zayn throws his hands up in the air.

"Harry, I thought you liked Louis?" Niall says in a stern voice but it's much softer then Zayn's.

My eyes widen, "I do like Louis," I state which is my first time admitting that to them.

They all look at me a bit confused, "You do?" Liam asks.

"Yes! Of course I do! How could I not?" I exclaim.

They still look stumped, "Like you mean you like like him right? As in more then a friend?" Zayn asks.

"I like Louis way more then a friend. I have since day one, I thought that was obvious," I clarify for them.

"I mean it is," Liam states, "But we're just confused then. Why did you go on a date with that Taylor girl if you like Louis?"

*Flashback to the "date"*
"So then Louis said, "And what do you bring Liam? No hair!"' I laugh, "Liam has a buzz cut, if you didn't know," I add for context.

"Oh I see," Taylor smiles and sips her drink, "Anyways Harry, tell me about yourself? What does your ideal type look like?" she asks in a kind of flirty way and touches my hand.

I smile at the question, "I don't really care about looks too much," she beams at that, "But I do like blue eyes, also like a caramel colored hair that's mostly short and in a fringe usually, I like when they're shorter then me and super small, I like tattoos, a nice smile, the crinkles by their eyes when they smile, insanely prominent cheekbones, a cute button nose, sometimes a stubble or no stubble, both work, small hands, long long eyelashes, a big bum-"

"Okay Harry, I get it," she puts her hands up to stop me.

"Should we move on to personality now? This is fun!" I smile.
*End of flashback*

I raise my eyebrows surprised, "I didn't go on a date with Taylor," I quickly say, "We hung out, but it was just as friends."

"Well clearly there was just a misunderstanding since everyone is saying you two went on a date," Zayn explains.

Everything finally clicks now, "Oh my god! Is that what Louis is upset about?" I cover my mouth in shock.

"Yes mate! He thinks you were just "experimenting" with him I guess, and that you're straight," Niall elaborates.

"Well I'm not! And I would never do that to Louis!" I say desperately, "I'm fucking falling in love with him!" I choke up as tears start to roll down my cheeks.

"Aw Harry," Niall says softly before rushing over to hug me.

Zayn and Liam soften as well as they seem to understand my side. They come over and join in on the hug. I sob lightly before I can finally somewhat get it together.

"Louis totally thinks I don't like him and that everything meant nothing to me," I say wiping at my tears.

"No, Harry, you just have to explain that this was all just a misunderstanding," Liam assures me.

"He doesn't want to talk to me," I sniffle.

"Louis' stubborn. It might take a while for you to get him alone but once you're talking, he'll listen," Zayn smiles.

I nod, "Thank you guys for understanding," I give them a small smile.

"Of course!" Niall says giving me another quick hug.

"Yeah, sorry I was yelling at you," Zayn apologizes rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's okay. I was mad at myself too," I blink rapidly trying to prevent more tears.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did this all happen? I mean like all of it. The full story," Liam asks.

And so I explain to them my side of things starting from the beginning. I told them all about how in denial I was the first day I met Louis but I came to accept my crush and myself  soon after. I mentioned all the things I like and love about Louis, the list ranging from his kindness towards others to his big bum. I told them the weekend we shared but left out a few of the spicy details just giving them the basics. How confused I was about how Louis felt and all the questions running through my head. I told them about the bullying and the rumors and all that stuff in the beginning of secondary school because I felt like it was time to get it off my chest. I told them about my "date" with Taylor and how that same night me and Louis made out in the pub bathroom. How everything was fine between us this morning but he must have heard all these new "date" rumors after that. And lastly I told them about all the things Louis said to me and how I couldn't even respond because I was so confused about what he was talking about.

"From Louis' perspective, I can definitely see why he's upset," Liam comments after I'm done.

"I know," I whisper, "He's heart broken and he hates me," I can feel my eyes burning.

"No, no, no, no," Zayn rushes, "He might be heart broken but I know for a fact Louis could never hate you."

"Yeah," Niall smiles, "I know you're scared Harry, but just talk to him. Explain how this is all a misunderstanding and tell him how you feel," he pats me on the back.

"We can all one hundred percent say without a doubt that he likes you back," Liam grins.

"Yes, obviously!" Zayn exclaims, "He'll listen and he'll understand Harry," Zayn smiles at me, "Just maybe not today. I think he might need more time."

I nod in agreeance, "In the meantime we'll talk to him. Put in a good word for you," Liam winks.

I laugh, "Thanks guys. This means a lot to me."

"Of course Harry! We love you and Louis," Liam starts and Zayn nods along.

"And we love you two together," Niall interrupts laughing.

Liam smiles and continues, "We love you both and we love you together," Liam says glancing at Niall who's giving him a big smile, "And we just want to see you guys happy. Which clearly you two make each other happy, so-"

"We want to see you together," Zayn finishes for Liam.

"Aw lads! Thank you, you're too sweet! I love you guys too!" I smile and give them all a big hug.

My eyes tear up again but this time their happy tears. But when I think back to Louis they quickly become sad. I really need to fix this. Fuck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 2.1K 22
ยป ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š–๐š™๐š•๐šŽ๐š๐šŽ ยซ Cแดแด แด‡ส€ แดแด€แด…แด‡ ส™ส สŸแด€แด…ส แดษชsแด›แด€แด‹แด‡s. [ ษชษข แด€แด„แด„แดแดœษดแด›: @ladymistakes_ ] Louis didn't know how precious life was until he met someone who had...
346K 13.3K 32
Harry Styles is a loner with social anxiety and a boring life. His past constantly mocks him and he has a severe self harm addiction that nobody, not...
66.9K 2.7K 22
actions and reactions. (or: harry hasn't spoken for a year and his boyfriend, louis, has yet to figure out why. harry is a sophomore in college and...
20.7K 568 26
Harry loves dressing up he loves skirts and dresses but never dares to dress up in public what happens when his crush shows up at his front door... "...