Peace [Destiel]

By 14Katherine14

Dean saves Cas from the Empty and they both admit their feelings for each other. They later defeat Chuck and... More

Intro
I - Lost
III - Empty
IV - Give him back
V - I got you
VI - Now what
VII - Trust you
VIII - Ground
IX - Wait
X - Carry On
XI - Embrace

II - Despair

208 6 4
By 14Katherine14

Chapter Two - Despair

A/N: Last chapter before my actual Ideas finally come through. This is also pretty much word for word 15x18 except for the LAST paragraph. Ok get some Kleenex, you might cry.

Sam and Jack called Donna to make sure everyone got to a safe place. Jack drove nervously while Sam looked through lore for protection spells.

Meanwhile Dean and Cas burst through the bunker doors. "Alright, man," Dean said, rushing down the stairs. "We gotta move fast. You got the key to Billie's library?"

"Yeah." Cas replied. "But we don't even know for sure that she'll be there."

"Then we'll wreck her place. We'll burn her books." Dean grabbed Billie's scythe and turned towards the angel. "Whatever it takes to smoke her out."

Sam and Jack arrived at the silo they planned to keep everyone in and began to set up wardings against Billie. Donna told Sam that everyone that was on Death's list was on their way, and all the other hunters were on high alert.

Everyone was waiting nervously inside, and Bobby approached Sam. "They get it, Sam," he said reassuringly. "Now, whether you like it or not, you're the big man here. Told them getting here was the order from the boss, they came running, no hesitation. My only worry is the lav situation," he joked. "Didn't have time to truck in a Port-A-John."

"Yeah, well, uh, if Dean and Cas can pull this off, we shouldn't be here too long."

"Okay," Bobby replied. "I brought a bucket." Sam chuckled. "You think it'll work?"

"Well, angelic warding, Aramaic, Enochian, and uh, I have this, I found it in Rowena's things," he opened up a spell book. "A spell, "Praeses Magna". Should boost the strength of all the warding."

"'Should'" Bobby said.

"Bobby, this is all I got," Sam said, wishing he had more. Everyone inside the Silo was settling in, not knowing how long they would have to be there, Donna and Jack still setting up some wardings.

Jack caught sight of something next to him and knelt down. Donna walked over to him. "You know," she said. "I'm no expert on this hoodoo stuff, but best we patch that up, yeah?"

"Yeah, uh, I guess," Jack said, uncertain. Donna walked back to finish her wardings. Jack tried to touch the plant near him, but it died as his hand approached it. Jack pulled back, afraid of what that could entail.

Dean and Cas carefully entered Death's library. Dean signaled to Cas to go one direction and he went the other, both looking for Billie. Dean found her and walked up behind her.

"So, I guess this is the part where I say, 'Hello, Boys,'' Mocking all the others that the Winchesters had come across. She turned and found Cas approaching her as well. "Hello, Boys. What's the plan?" She leaned against a counter. "Take me down with my own weapon?"

"Something like that," Cas said.

"Well, he better work on his aim," Billie said, nudging her head towards Dean. Cas glared at her.

"Thing is," Dean cut in, gripping the scythe. "That time, I wasn't trying to kill you."

"Hmm," Billie pouted. "What's changed?"

"Oh, I don't know," Dean seethed. "Could be that you've started killing all my friends." Billie looked at him, eyebrows raised, as Dean started approaching her.

"Interesting," Billie said, and threw Dean across the room. Cas angrily marched towards her but she started choking him. Cas reached a hand to his throat as he struggled for air and groaned. Dean ran towards the scythe he dropped. "Castiel," Billie started, pushing him into a shelf. "Remember when you stabbed me in the back? 'Cause I do."

She tightened her grip on Castiel's throat and Dean swung the scythe at her. Billie cried out in pain and dropped Cas. The hunter swung the scythe again and Billie caught it, groaning. "It's over," Dean said, pushing the reaper into a shelf. "Call it off! Stop killing my people!"

"I didn't hurt your friends," Billie panted, holding her scythe off.

"What?" Dean tilted his head, and Cas looked over, confused. Billie laughed at their expressions.

"You're in the wrong place, Dean," she told them, breathing heavily.

"What are you talking about?" Dean asked.

Meanwhile, Sam chanted the spell he found in Rowena's book to strengthen the wards they had created. Everyone looked around nervously. Once the spell was finished, the wardings began to glow. "So now what do we do?" Charlie asked.

"We wait," Sam replied.

"If people are getting gone," Billie said. "I'm guessing it's Chuck. And that means you're just wasting time." Horror dawned on Dean as he realized Sam hadn't warded against God.

A girl screamed. "Lily?" someone asked, worried.

"Sam?" Bobby said, alarmed.

"Dana, where's your sister?" A man asked, looking around.

"I don't know!" The little girl, Dana, screamed. Everyone began panicking.

"It's not working," Sam realized. Everyone began to scream and tried to run out. Chaos ensued as everyone started to disappear.

"Sam," Charlie gasped. "What do we d-"

She disappeared. Sam looked, terrified, to Bobby just before Bobby vanished as well. He looked over to Donna, teary eyed, and they both looked around the empty Silo.

"Sam?" Donna cried out, as she vanished as well. Sam and Jack were the only ones left in the Silo.

"I'll let you in on something," Billie said. "When you cut me? That little nick? It was fatal." Cas looked over in surprise. "Something I can't survive. See for yourself." She pulled aside her jacket and showed them the infected wound, which had begun to spread and grow. "You killed me, Dean. So, yeah, no, I don't care about your friends. I don't care about your family. But seeing you here has reminded me of something. There is one thing I'd like. One wish before I go. I'd like to see you dead."

She pushed aside the scythe and punched Dean. In shock he let go of the weapon, and Cas stepped in front of him. Billie swung at both of them and they jumped back. She tossed them back towards the ground. They both stood up quickly. "I'm so glad you came," Billie said, walking over to them slowly. Dean and Cas ran away from the angry reaper, back into the bunker.

"Come on," Dean said to the Angel as they ran through the bunker. "Come one, Dean," he muttered to himself. "Think, think!"

"Dean, where are you going?" Cas asked the pacing hunter.

"I-I don't know," Dean stuttered out.

"You know she can find us anywhere?"

"I know. I know that! I just-" he exclaimed. "What do we do, Ca-" Dean groaned out in pain and kneeled over. Cas looked behind him and saw the reaper at the stairs. He rushed to Dean and pulled him away. "My heart, I can feel her."

"Come on, Dean. We got to go," Cas supported the hunter.

"It's you, Dean," Billie said, approaching them. "It's always been you. Death-defying, rule-breaking. You are everything I lived to set right. To put down. To tame. You are human disorder incarnate." She arrived at what she assumed was their hiding spot, and found that the door was open.

"I've got you," the angel said to the hunter.

"Come on, Dean," Billie called out. "You can't escape me." She dragged the tip of her scythe against the wall. Dean groaned out as they began to walk faster. "Don't you think it's finally time? Time for the sweet release of death?"

Cas pushed Dean into the dungeon. Dean crouched over, breathing heavily and groaning in pain. Cas closed the door quickly and grabbed a small switchblade from Dean's pocket. He cut his palm and began drawing a warding in his blood.

"Did it work?" the angel asked when it was finished. Dean nodded, panting in relief when the pain stopped. "It blocked her grip on you." Billie felt the warding and began pounding on the door. "Dean, she said that wound was killing her. Maybe we can wait her out," he tried optimistically.

"Yeah, and if we can't?" Dean asked, ever the pessimist.

"Then we fight."

"We'll lose." He looked sadly at the angel. "I just led us into another trap. All because I- I couldn't hurt Chuck. Because I was angry and because I needed something to kill and because that's all I know how to do." He let out a sob at those last few words.

"Dean," Cas said angrily, walking towards the hunter.

"It was Chuck all along. We never should have left Sam and Jack. We should be there with them now." Dean scoffed. "Everybody's gonna die, Cas, everybody. I can't stop it." They both noticed the ward had begun to get weaker. "She's gonna get through that door."

"I know," Cas said quietly.

"And she's gonna kill you, and then she's gonna kill me. I'm sorry."

Cas looked around. "Wait there is- There's one thing she's afraid of. There's- There's one thing strong enough to stop her." Dean looked at Cas, perplexed. "When Jack was dying, I- I made a deal to save him."

"You what?" Dean looked over, shocked.

"The- the price was my life. When I experience a moment of true happiness, the Empty would be summoned and it would take me forever."

"Why are you telling me this now?" Dean asked, both angry Cas had made a deal to sacrifice his life, but understanding since it saved Jack.

"I always wondered, ever since I took that burden, that curse, I wondered what it could be, what- what my true happiness could even look like. I never found an answer. Because the one thing I want...it's something I know I can never have." the angel said, teary eyed. "But I think I know- I think I know now. Happiness isn't in the having. It's in just being. It's in just saying it."

"What are you talking about, man?" Dean asked.

"I know," Cas said, taking a step closer to him. "I know how you see yourself, Dean. You see yourself the same way our enemies see you. You're destructive and you're angry and you're broken. You're- You're 'Daddy's Blunt Instrument'. And you think that hate and anger, that's- that's what drives you. That's who you are. It's not.

"And everyone who knows you sees it. Everything you have ever done, the good and the bad, you have done for love. You raised your little brother for love. You fought for this whole world for love. That is who you are. You're the most caring man on Earth. You are the most selfless, loving human being I will ever know. You know, ever since we met and ever since I pulled you out of Hell, knowing you has changed me. Because you cared, I cared. I cared about you. I cared about Sam. I cared about Jack. I cared about the whole world because of you. You changed me, Dean."

"Why does this sound like a goodbye?" Dean asked. Cas, crying, looked over at his hunter.

"Because it is. I love you."

"Don't do this, Cas." The Empty began to appear on the wall behind Dean. Dean looked over his shoulder, tears forming in his eyes, but Cas still looked at Dean. Billie burst through the door. "Cas," Dean said, worried.

Cas laid his bloody hand on Dean's shoulder, the one he had left a mark on all those years ago. "Goodbye, Dean." The angel threw Dean across the room. Dean looked at Cas upset, but Cas only looked happy, happy that he had finally told Dean and that he could save his hunter. The Empty reached towards Castiel, but also grabbed Billie. It pulled them both in.

And at that moment Dean knew what he had to do. He jumped towards the black goo, towards the thing that had taken his angel in.

A/N: 😭 I cried so hard rewatching and writing the confession scene, but we finally get to actually go to our happy ending, and my idea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 3.8K 23
Sam and Dean wake up to find that they have been put into each other's bodies. Little do they know, Cas and Gabriel have been put in the same situati...
1K 81 12
Dean and Castiel have been friends since highschool. Now they're graduating University together, and everything has been great. Until they're cleanin...
31.6K 1.8K 33
when Sam, Dean, and Cas accidentally get transported to another universe, they find help from a hunter with a familiar face. Dean instantly takes a...
33.2K 1.4K 30
Destiel high school AU Castiel the punk meets the new kid Dean Winchester. Dean is a depressed teenager and Cas is there to help. WARNINGS: Self harm...