Things we do for love

By piano2099

Naruto, a demon. A monster. A murderer. Or so they said. In reality, he was just a kid, with a tailed beast s... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Update Schedule
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
A/N- Additional content
HOLY SHIT!
Hello people
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Shippuden
Shippuden Chapter 1
Shippuden Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
100K
Chapter 13
A SUPER DUPER UBER IIMPORTANT QUESTION
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Story
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 9

3.1K 77 14
By piano2099

Currently, Guy was panting as his team was stuck in three different water prisons. 

'Should I do it? No questions, my students need my help, I need to do it,' he thought as he proceeded to open his gates. However, before he could, three kunai came and destroyed the clones.

"Guy sensei, save your energy for later," said Shikamaru as he jumped next to him.

"Shikamaru! Be careful, he is an extremely dangerous opponent," said Guy.

"And yet you don't remember me," said Kisame.

"Really Guy sensei? He is Kisame, the one you kicked?" said Shikamaru, trying to remind him.

"I do know that I have met him. But I can't remember," said Guy as he rubbed his chin.

"Troublesome sensei," muttered Shikamaru.

"Anyways, Shadow Possession jutsu," said Shikamaru as his shadow extended towards Kisame. However, Kisame jumped at the last moment.

Shikamaru's shadows went after him trying to stab him, but he was only able to deliver shallow cuts.

"8 Trigrams 64 Palms," said Neji as he hit Kisame from the back.

Kisame tried to dodge but due to being in the field of divination, he was hit on multiple spots. He then jumped back as Samehada supplied him chakra.

"Aah, this is painful you know. You are a skilled kid," said Kisame as he opened his chakra points.

However, due to being distracted Shikamaru bound him in his shadow. He then used his shadow to separate Samehada as Lee and Guy delivered devastating attacks at him.

'That kid is a problem,' thought Kisame as he was sent flying.

"Water Clone jutsu," said Kisame as he went through the hand signs mid-air. Three Kisame appeared and went after Lee, Neji, and Guy carefully avoiding the shadows, engaging them.

Kisame suddenly appeared behind Shikamaru and kicked him before he could do anything.

"You are a smart and strong brat. I must deal with you," he said as he swung his sword, which Shikamaru skillfully dodged while slashing his knees. 

As Kisame bent in reaction to the pain, Shikamaru kicked him in the face.

"You're troublesome you know," said Shikamaru panting.

"Now I am going to kill you slowly and painfully," said Kisame as he hit him with the hilt of Samehada sending him flying.

"He then appeared behind Shikamaru kicking him in the back.

The next moment he appeared in front of him as he swung Samehada scratching his face.

"Shadow Stab," said Shikamaru as his shadow stabbed Kisame.

"Heh. This is the best you can do?" asked Kisame as Samehada healed him. Shikamaru by now was physically tired.

Kisame swung his sword as he went for the kill.

'I can't die here!' thought Shikamaru.

Kisame was about to finish him when something stopped his sword. He looked at the wielder of the sword that had stopped Samehada only to see a recovered Tenten.

"Thank you Shikamaru, because of you, I could recover. Now you sit back and recover," said Tenten.

She then attacked Kisame with a multitude of weapons pushing him back.

Guy then came behind him punching him in the back.

Shikamaru was just standing there, panting.

---Flashback---

An eight-year-old Shikamaru was sitting next to his father playing Shogi.

"Dad, why does everyone hate Naruto this much? I get it he is the vessel of the nine tails, but it's not like he himself is nine tails," said Shikamaru as he made his move.

"Sometimes people forget the most basic things in life. They let fear dictate what they do," said Shikaku.

"Too troublesome," said Shikamaru.

A few moments later, he once again asked him something.

"Why is he working so hard to get stronger then?" asked Shikamaru.

"He wants to protect those close to him. That's why," said Shikaku.

"Troublesome..." he muttered.

"What do you want to do?" asked Shikaku.

"I want to become an average ninja, marry an average woman, have an average life," said Shikamaru.

"Then quit trying to become a ninja," said Shikaku.

"Huh? What do you mean?" asked Shikamaru.

"Being a ninja isn't a game. The average doesn't survive. They lose their lives, or worst, their comrades, Do you want to live with the fact that your comrades died because you didn't work hard enough?" asked Shikaku.

"No..." said Shikamaru.

"Just because you have brains does not mean you can do anything. To become good at anything, you need to put in the continuous effort," said Shikaku as Shikamaru made his move.

"Because sometimes even geniuses lose due to lack of experience or lack of practice," said Shikaku as he defeated Shikamaru with the next move.

Shikamaru pondered on these words, and increased his training, only to forget these words until someone would inspire him to do more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE ME! I won't run. I can't let my teammates fail. I will take it. But even if it means being stuck as genin forever, I will become Hokage no matter what it takes. I AM NOT SCARED!" declared Naruto. 

'That Naruto. He always takes any challenge head-on, and somehow comes on top. Troublesome, but nice,' thought Shikamaru while holding his pen in between his lips and nose.

"Being a ninja isn't a game. The average doesn't survive. They lose their lives, or worst, their comrades, Do you want to live with the fact that your comrades died because you didn't work hard enough?"

'... Naruto is right. Dad was right. I need to work hard like them. I can't just work less, or whatever would happen to those I care about would be on me. I too can't let my teammates down,' thought Shikamaru as he sat up straight, paying attention to someone after a long time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A team from the land of water was in front of Shikamaru's team. Choji's feet were stuck into the ground and Ino was injured.

'Shadow possession jutsu,' he thought as he took control of one of the ninjas. He made him attack the second ninja from behind, one that was against Ino.

The second ninja on instinct stabbed the first whose scream echoed the area. The second one's eyes were as wide as saucers. Meanwhile, Ino took control of the second one who threw his Kunai at the third one hitting him in the back.

"Choji now," said Shikamaru as Choji expanded his hand and punched the third one sending him flying towards the second as Ino went out of him at the last moment. The third member collided with the second and Shikamaru made the first knock them both out. 

He then stopped his jutsu as the first one fell on the ground.

"That was genius Shikamaru. I never knew you were this awesome," said Ino excitedly.

"Yeah yeah, too troublesome," he said. 'I won't let anything happen to you both, or Naruto for that matter,' he thought.

---End--

'Yeah, no. No rest, they need my help,' thought Shikamaru as he saw Tenten losing against Kisame.

"Everyone, get back," said Shikamaru as he used his shadow to trap Kisame again.

"Huh? But Shikamaru san-" started Lee but was cut off.

"Just do it," said Shikamaru as everyone gathered around him.

The four Kisame were standing side by side as Shikamaru had trapped them all.

"What are you gonna do, stab me? Face it you can't wi-"

"Shut up," said Shikamaru with a glare while releasing killer intent worthy of the jonin he was. But along with that killing intent was immense pressure and anger, one to surprise even Kisame.

---Flashback---

"Shikamaru, let me warn you. This technique is very complex. It is true that you can make multiple attempts until it is complete and still use it, but you need to get a hang of it. Don't just use it on an S-rank ninja," said Naruto. 

It was the previous night and Naruto was currently making the seals on his hand.

"I'll be careful," said Shikamaru with a smile.

---End--

"Screw it," he said.

'Spit out the depths of my shadow, worry about the shape and structure later, and just push it as soon as I collect my chakra. The future of mine isn't being an average ninja spending a normal life. I imagine a future where I have surpassed all my limits of today."

"I WILL DO IT."

'A strong foundation and a little bit of sense and imagination, that's all that is needed, both for this jutsu and for a successful ninja.'

"Domain Expansion: Shadow Garden," said Shikamaru as he made a hand sign and his shadow flowed like a liquid in a circle.

The next moment the whole area was covered in white light and then the surrounding followed.

(Shikamaru as Fushiguro, i.e., the human and Kisame as the curse. Also, Guy, Neji, and Tenten are next to Shikamaru)

'It's incomplete. Ugly work at its best,' he thought as he closed his eyes.

'But it's enough.'

=============================================

Hello everyone, hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Thank you all for over 87K reads and 1.9k votes.

Also, if there is an MHA fan here, check out my MHA fanfic.

Finally, please vote, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 1.3K 71
What is Naruto wasn't the only child of kushina and Minato..what if they had a child before Naruto.. That older child is you Y/n Uzumaki,the first so...
24.6K 529 11
Naruto, the jinchuriki of the nine tails, is beaten, berated, used, and scarred. He has had a rough life, but he will never give up. He will rise aga...
137K 1.6K 43
Their is a boy named Naruto who being mistreated by everyone in the village including his own family. Ever since he was born, he was treated like an...
26.7K 562 11
Naruto's eyes turned grey. One with true horror and terror and the other one with sadness and loneliness. Will someone help this child and recolor hi...