read this when you're lonely...

Da renlcve

two broken hearts mend each other back together. "if you ever feel lonely while I'm gone, read this" - ✼ sch... Altro

read this when you're lonely
PROLOGUE
01.
02.
03.
04.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54.
55.
56.
FINALE.
EPILOGUE

05.

802 29 27
Da renlcve

"why do you like me, jinhong?"

"me? why I like you?" jinhong gently carresses aeri on the cheek. "because you've always been there for me"

he cups her cheek, looking into aeri's eyes with that innocent look of love, leaning in he-

--

eunha covers her eyes with a shy excited smile and pulls her legs to her chest, looking away. her body turns back a few moments later to check, peeking through her fingers.

and true enough, they were still kissing.

throwing her head back, she squeals and hugs herself, feeling her cheeks heat up. "oh my god they're so fucking cute together I'm gonna cry if something happens to them in the middle of the show"

the sound of the OST slowly growing louder in the background signals the end of the episode and eunha has a hand clutched to her heart, still processing the whole scene that gave her butterflies.

the slaps herself lightly. "get your shit together eunha"

but she can't, again squealing and having a mental breakdown over some kdrama.

"gosh I'm really fucking lonely" she sighs out, turning off the tv and shifting her position to lie on the couch. grabbing her phone, she scrolls through multiple Instagram posts. double tapping some of her friend's pictures a few animal posts.

for a while, her thumb hovers over the screen and something pops into her head. unconsciously, she taps out of the explore feed and goes to the DMs. scrolling and scrolling until she finds:

@hanjuyeonx_

she taps into the DM.
the last message sent was:-

eeunjung
happy birthday juyeon!

have a great one ❤

hanjuyeonx liked a message

"jerk... never even said thank you" eunha spits out. yet that doesn't stop her from scrolling up to the older messages until she reaches the very first DMs she sent him. the day a friendship was brewed so easily and the day she really thought she connected with someone, only to be ghosted just a few weeks later. just right before her birthday.

bastard didn't even send her a happy birthday message.

scrolling down slowly, she reads every message that once made her happy.

𖥸

hanjuyeonx

hanjuyeonx
eunhhhaaa

did you get home
safe today?

eeunjung
yeah I did. thanks for
asking!

how was school? :)

------

hanjuyeonx
eunha eunha

LOL at 10?

eeunjung
I have something to do
at 10.

maybe 10.30?

hanjuyeonx
sure. I'll wait >:>

---

hanjuyeonx
hope you had a great
day today.

remember if you
need anything, I'll
be here to listen ❤

>:)

---

finally, she reaches the point in their friendship where he got drier... and drier.

---

eeunjung
hey yeon. how was ur day?

hanjuyeonx
okay. you?

eeunjung
it was okay too

hanjuyeonx liked a message

---

eeunjung
so what did you do
today?

hanjuyeonx
really boring so
nothing much.

u?

eeunjung
lol. hyuntae kept making
a bunch of weird jokes.

teacher didn't come
do the whole class
was a mess :p

really great day

hanjuyeonx
lmao.

---

"where did I go wrong in this friendship... " eunha mutters. "am I boring or something?... he even stopped asking if I wanted to play league everyday.. "

....

"I thought we were best friends...."

----

"hey, juyeon said he made a new best friend over the weekend" dasom says to eunha.

"really? who? "

dasom smirks and nudges her playfully. "you. juri told me that she heard juyeon tell his friends about his new best friend aka you and basically talked a lot about you"

eunha chews her lip in a shy smile and dasom teases her until they reach the cafeteria.

---

"bastard.. " she feels her throat get sore and she feels stupid for tearing up. "I really liked him... he was so caring at first.. made me feel special.. "

---

"yeah. you know, I think juyeon really warmed up to you. he doesn't really let anyone get too close to him and look at you. just yesterday you two were comfortably walking side by side on the way home!" yoona, one of juyeon's classmates says to eunha.

"really?"

"yeah. juyeon usually doesn't like being too close to people that he doesn't really know. and you two literally became best friends over the weekend. he must really like you"

---

"I got my hopes up too fast. should've known nobody has a crush on me.... why'd I think he would like me? why'd I think I have a chance" she places her phone down beside her, staring up at ceiling deep in thought.

"and I even imagined him confessing.. dating him. shouldn't have gone too far.... but can I blame myself? not that I knew he would stop talking to me in just a few weeks.. maybe it's because we're from a different class..." she sucks in a deep breath. "but that doesn't give him the right to cruelly rip apart that letter-"

tears freely fall down her face with quiet sobs and she continuously curses at herself for being hung up on someone clearly not good for her. remembering how excited she was while writing the letter and even imagining all the things that could happen after, only crushed her more.

imagine feeling in euphoria for one moment, only to be shot down like a deer getting killed for sport.

doggy seemed to have sensed the depressing atmosphere. quickly standing on her hind legs holding onto the side of the couch for support, she looked at her owner who had beads of tears falling from her glassy eyes. gently, she hops onto eunha, trying to bring her comfort.

THE NEXT DAY ─ LUNCH TIME 

eunha sits at the table alone with food in front of her. dasom had told her that the four of them were stuck in class because Mr Irritating aka Mr Oh, won't stop his lecture even though the bell rang 10 minutes ago. the whole class was dying on the inside as their precious lunch time slowly faded away.

eunha lets out a sigh and opens the sandwich box, mind still numb and cloudy from the day before. all those memories that made her happy still floating about in her head, unable to disappear.

these were one of the days where eunha felt awkward to be alone. suddenly self conscious of how she looks and feeling like eyes were always on her when they weren't. it felt so weird sitting alone in the table that was usually filled with her favorite friends. but they were stuck in class and she just had to wait.

taking the gorgeous looking egg sandwich into her hand, she nibbles on it quietly, not really having that much energy to eat. soon enough, she starts eating properly and her eyes wander around the canteen just to occupy herself. looking down at the table while eating would make it look like she was a loner.

finally, her eyes land on one of the table that sat juyeon and his friends. a few boys, and a few girls. all from his class. they chatted away happily. he made crazy jokes with his guy friends and the girls would laugh along. the girls really fit in with his group and for a moment eunha wished she was there like she once was.

she remembers a time where she was only eating with minjeong and dasom. the two girls wanted to buy another drink and left her alone for awhile to line up before the line for drinks got too long. juyeon who sat one table in front with his friends, noticed eunha alone and asked her to sit with him; letting them be her company until her friends returned.

"what really was all that kind gestures? was it genuine for a while, or was it all an act as if testing the waters... "

"eunha!" a voice calls out along with the sounds of running and 4 tired friends who finally escaped history.

"oh. you guys are here" eunha says and they all nod tiredly.

"fucking hell-" hyuntae panted out. "he really never stops giving assignments. suddenly talking about spoons then we have to write an assignment about how they were made a long time ago??? he's killing me!" he cries out in frustration, slipping into the seat with the other 3 doing the same.

"you know he's like that. that's why we call him Mr irritating" eunha shakes her head.

"god I'm starving-" jinsoo whines. "I'm gonna buy food. what about you guys?"

"me too" hyuntae says.

"I'm gonna accompany eunha. I'll go when you guys come back" dasom says. the boys give a thumbs up and run to line up for a plate of spaghetti.

"hey dasom, you stay with eunha, I'll help you get food. what do you want?" minjeong asks, getting out of her seat.

"oh- uh. I think some milk and any sandwich will do" dasom fumbles for her wallet and gives minjeong 6 bucks. "but nothing that contains cheese"

minjeong sends a playful grin. "got it" and she runs off.

dasom and eunha sit in silence for a moment. eunha casually chewing on her sandwich while her eyes stay glued to someone. it takes dasom a while to notice who exactly, eunha was staring at.

"hey" she sends eunha a stern hit to the shoulder.

"what the- ow" eunha whines out rubbing her arm, her mouth filled with half chewed bread.

"don't think I don't know who you're staring at. cut it out. you already know he's a fucking jerk" dasom scolds the girl who continued eating like a sad puppy.

"I can't help it"

another hit

"what do you mean can't help it" dasom mocks. "you're only hurting yourself you know? and I don't like it" her tone begins to soften as she tries to knock sense into eunha.

"I know... it's just- you know how much I liked him"

"I know very well. but if he dated you now, you know it won't be sincere. so what's the point in staring. just find someone else and don't get hung on that rotten fish"

eunha looks down.

"come on. I promise you, there's somebody out there that likes you okay? maybe they're too shy to talk to you." dasom says. "plus, coming from experience" she gestures at herself. "it's best not to rush things. you don't have to do date now. we still have time"

"yeah.. you're right. I'll try my best to get over him faster"

dasom sends another hit to her lower back. "not try. will "

eunha chuckles. "yes ma'am. I will"

they both salute at each other and their friends finally run back to the table, food in hand.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

360K 16.6K 31
↳ renjun has some problems he can't deal with on his own and lucky for him, jaemin and jeno are more than happy to help him ↳ t/w; alcohol use 「 star...
18.6K 470 36
☁︎ ɪ'ᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ
782K 19.4K 65
❝I'm pretty, you're naughty. Together, we'd be... pretty naughty.❞ ©DONGHYUQUE , 2019
171K 5.9K 57
❝ I needed to lose him to find me.❞ I guess highschool's it-couple didn't have the perfect relationship like they thought. Two years after their brea...