One Step At a Time

By Idontknowwhattoname4

Arabelle Vine, a 22 year old photographer in Seattle Washington, is happy with her current life. She has frie... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1: Pain
Chapter 2: Training
Chapter 3: Guys Night Out
Chapter 5: Him
Chapter 6: Girls Night Out
Chapter 7: Shower
Chapter 8: Eye Contact
Chapter 9: Mystery Girl
Chapter 10: Nacho Cheese
Chapter 11: Homecoming
Chapter 12: Text message
Chapter 13: Dog park
Chapter 14: Model
Chapter 15: Cooties
Chapter 16: Beautiful
Chapter 17: Skipping stones
Chapter 18: Pretty Boy
Chapter 19: Middle Names
Chapter 20: Paparazzi
Chapter 21: Kiss Me
Chapter 22: One Step At a Time
Chapter 23: Ideas
Chapter 24: Taste
Chapter 25: Cat Scratch
Chapter 26: Crazy Bitch
Chapter 27: My girl
Chapter 28: Home
Chapter 29: Things Happen
Chapter 30: You Were Always Mine
Chapter 31: Something is Wrong
Chapter 32: I need her
Chapter 33: I'm Sorry
Chapter 34: Surprise
Chapter 35: Promise Ring
Chapter 36: Good Vibrations
Chapter 37: Thanksgiving
Chapter 38: Mr.Darcy
Epilogue
NEW BOOK!

Chapter 4: Parents

14K 235 26
By Idontknowwhattoname4

song/ I'll be good by Jaymes Young

My fingers dance across the fabric of the different clothes in my closet. Yellows, pinks, greens, whites, blacks and every color you could think of filled my closet.

Dinner with my parents was always interesting. Having one stereotypical gay dad that will scold me if I call a shirt blue when it's really cerulean. Then we have my other dad who barely knows the difference between white and cream, but he's definitely learned a lot from my dad throughout the years.

Jackson and Will, the high school sweethearts. They are so in love with each other it's unbelievable. Constantly giving each other little kisses and brushing each other's hands. Binge watching some dumb reality show or screaming at a Seahawks game on the t.v.

I remember when I could barely walk up until I left for college we would have bake offs. Blasting random music, and making a mess of the kitchen as we danced around it. When I was young I always won, but after I turned 11 they were done with me always winning and it got very competitive. Dad once cut his finger and it was bleeding everywhere. Being his dramatic self he scared poor little 12 year old me and fake passed out, I thought he was dead.

I use to crave that kind of love, but after what happened I don't know if i'll ever get it.

Dinner was casual and just at the house so I choose to go with a sage green long sleeve top, with Blue jeans with a slight flare at the bottom, and cream heels.I added some gold jewelry as well. My makeup was very light with just some mascara, bronzer, concealer, and lip gloss.

I added some light curls to my hair and grabbed my bag. Saying goodbye to my cat June and I was out the door.

                                          ••••••

Pulling up the long driveway to our house, I notice my parents sitting in the chairs on the front porch. Parking my car and gathering my bag I open my door and make my towards the porch.

"Belle, darling." Dad says pulling me into a tight hug. I smile up at him as I turn to Papa

"Hello sweetheart." He says smiling down at me and pulling me into a huge bear hug. "How are you?" He asks pulling away his eyes filled with concern. They know I hate pity, but as my parents they can't help but worry.

"I'm doing better." I sigh. " Definitely doing better."

"That's great to hear." Dad says.

We make our way inside and the smell of chicken and parmesan fill the air.

"I made my famous chicken parmesan." Papa claps his hands together as he makes his way into the kitchen. We follow after him, Dad pulling out three wine glasses and pouring some red wine into each. "By the way I love your outfit, that light green looks great on you."

"It's sage!" Dad practically screams at Papa. "We've gone over this."

"Why does it even matter? Isn't sage just another form of light green?" Papa argues back.

"Oh good lord." I say shaking my head. I grab the three glasses and place them on the table. This is normally how their fights go. Sure, their a married couple so they get in worse arguments than this, but this is normally how it goes. I go back into the kitchen and hold back a laugh, as I see Dad with his arms crossed glaring at papa as he checks the chicken in the oven.

"It's ready." He states as he pulls it out of the oven placing it on the kitchen counter. "Jackson get over yourself for goodness sake." He says pulling out plates.

"Fine." Dad huffs, "But I will be giving you a lesson on colors later. We don't need you embarrassing yourself later." He says grabbing a plate and putting some chicken on it. "You have a husband in the fashion industry for fucks sake, you should know the difference between green and sage green." He says putting salad on his plate. Papa turns to me and moves his pointer finger around his head calling him crazy. I chuckle as I grab a plate.

Once we are all seated we make small talk about the most random things.

"So how has work been Belle? I saw a picture of yours in one of the fashion magazines your dad has. I hung it up in my office." Papa asks.

"Oh it's been amazing. I love it so much. I've been doing a lot more modeling shoots lately, which I didn't expect to like so much. You can create so much emotion out of people it's insane."

"That's amazing. You know, I might be able to pull a few strings and get you into a runway show for you to shoot. I have many connections." Dad says taking a bite of his salad.

"That would be amazing. I was also thinking that I would email someone and see if they would let me take pictures for the Seahawks. It's always been my dream." I say sipping my wine. " But the chances are slim that they would even let me. I just thought i'd give it a shot."

"Are you serious. Your work is some of the best i've ever seen. They'd be crazy to say no to you." Papa says.

••••••

Once dinner is over, I gather the plates and head over to the sink.

"Sweetheart." Papa says as he and Dad enter the kitchen.

"Mhm." I hum as I place the last dish into the dishwasher and shut it.

"We just wanted to remind you that we are always here for you. And that we are so proud of how far you've come." Papa says as they stand on the other side of kitchen island.

"What you went through is unbelievable and even though it's been months we want you to know you can always talk to us." Dad says.

"I know." I say swallowing the lump in my throat. " You guys have been there every step of the way and I don't know where i'd be right now if I didn't have you guys." I say leaning my elbows on the table. Dad takes my hand in his giving it a squeeze. "Right now you must believe that I am doing okay." I say

"But you must see how hard it is for us. That's what you said for months and we didn't suspect anything. If we had noticed we could have prevented so much." Papa says his voice wavering a little bit at the end. I take my other hand and take his holding it.

"I completely understand, and i've learned it's okay to speak up." I say looking them in the eyes. "I am doing okay." I say squeezing their hands before letting go and walking around the island. Before I can hug them they are both pulling me into a huge hug. "I love you guys so much I say." I couple tears slipping out and sliding down my face.

"We love you to sweetheart." They say in unison. We stay like that. holding each other like we will slip away from each other.

When we pull away each of our cheeks are stained with a few tears. I wipe my hand across my cheeks and under my eyes, thankful I wore waterproof mascara.

"Alright." I sigh, "I think it's time for me to head home. And you to old guys to get in bed."

"Excuse me young lady do you really think 48 is old." Dad says placing his hand across his heart pretending to be hurt.

"Oh definitely. And don't forget to take your pills." I say as I grab my purse.

"There is only a couple wrinkles on my gorgeous face, so you better take that back." Papa says as he and Dad follow me to the front door.

"Never." I say opening the door and blowing them a kiss, making my way back to my car. "I love you." I shout. The two of them just stand there glaring at me but I see them mumble that they love me too under their breathe. I chuckle as I get into my car and pull out of the driveway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WORD COUNT: 1458

A/N

What i picture her outfit to look like

How I imagine her parents

I decided to call one of her parents dad and the other papa to make it easier to understand.

Jackson(dad)

Will(Papa)

Hi guys! I hope you are enjoying the story so far. I am trying my best to complete this story fast so that it is done and complete.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 23.8K 43
"You are not going there and that's the end of our conversation." He yelled while tightening his grip on my wrist. I tried to free my wrist but no av...
994K 43.3K 47
C O M P L E T E D ☙❦❧ "Who would ever love Medusa?" "The blind," he whispered. ...
53.7K 1.7K 19
"Are you going to read me some bedtime stories now?" He grins as he places his hands behind his head. "What?" "You heard me right. Nanny~" He's obvi...
7.6K 269 45
*TW: mention of disease* Madellaine Wilson A 18 year old girl. Living. Dreaming. A friend. A family. Sounds like the perfect life right ? But this p...