The Loner Girl

By newfiebear

"Are you Gabriel Trudeau?" she said, studying my face. "It's just Gabe." I corrected her. "And you are?" "I'm... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eightteen
Chapter ninteen
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Authors note
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Bonus chapter!!!
Authors note

Chapter twenty

6.2K 209 6
By newfiebear

It's been great having Salma around. She is the closest thing I have to a sibling and even though some people find it weird to be close to your family, we are close and I like it that way. The only thing I don't like about her being here is that I have another person to annoy me about Aiden. I swear everyone that I know has this fantasy about us dating, it's getting ridiculous.

On thanks giving day we had turkey like everyone else, but the best part was eating my aunt's homemade cinnamon buns, which I haven't had since the spring. Me being me I ate at least twelve.

I really wasn't looking forward to when school starts again. For one my family will be going back to Florida, which is all the way on the other side of the country, and also I'm still worried about Keysha. I act like I'm not around Aiden so she doesn't freak out but I have a really bad feeling about this. Plus to add more stuff to the pile of stress I am already in, I still need to start shopping for christmas gifts, which reminds me that the winter formal is coming up and i still don't have a date. Then there is also Aiden's birthday coming up and I have no sweet clue on what to get her. So yeah I really need to relax.

"I can't believe this is my last night here and I got stuck babysitting." Sal complained as I walked back in the media room.

"We got stuck babysitting." I corrected and handed her the can of Dr.pepper she wanted.

"I know!" She half shouted. "It sucks."

"Sal he is already asleep." I pointed out. "But if you are so loud he won't be."

"Couldn't my parents just hire a babysitter." She said.

"I don't know." I answered. My mom and Sal's parents went out to a bar and we were left to watch Vincent. I over heard my aunt talk about how she is hoping to get my mom a boyfriend tonight, which i highly doubt will happen since my mom barely dates.

"We could have been doing something fun tonight." She said.

"Like what?" I ask.

"I don't know, hung out with your friends." She answered.

"We hung out with them pretty much every night this week." I said. Which was true, we have been with at least one of my friends every night except when it was actually thanks giving.

"Still, I only see them like twice a year."

"We are allowed to have friends over."

"Really?" She ask getting excited. I guess she assumed my mom's rule of never having friends over when she wasn't home was still in play, but that rule ended when I turned thirteen.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Okay." She said pulling out her cell phone and started texting.

"Hey you still have to ask my premission before you invite someone over." I said.

"Gabe can I invite someone over?" She ask not even looking up from her phone.

I sigh, knowing she will do it anyway. "Fine, but we can't be to loud."

"I know that." She said.

"Who are you inviting over anyway?" I ask.

"Aiden."

"What." I said. Not that I minded Aiden coming over but it seemed weird that Salma would pick her.

"Well I want to get to know her before I leave."

"When did you even get her phone number?"

"I stole it from your phone yesterday." She said like it was totally normal

"But you don't even..."

"Your password is one, three, four, three."

"How did you..."

"I know you and I know that is the letters in AC/DC turned into numbers." She said. Darn her for being intelligent. Or maybe I'm just predictable.

"Well time to change my password again." I said as I went into my phone settings to change it.

"Elephant." Sal said. Okay how did she know that's what I was changing it to, I picked a random thing that has nothing to do with me.

"I'm not even going to ask."

"Good idea. Aiden is going to be here in about ten mintues."

"Okay."

Aiden did arrive ten mintues later. She was dressed in her usually shirt and jeans, and black braclet she never seems to go anywhere without. "Hey." She said to Sal and sat down. "Here." She handed me a book, when ever she finds one of her books she thinks I would like she gives it to me.

I look at the cover. The book is called Holes, it looks interesting enough. "What's it about." I ask.

"You will have to read and found out." She said smirking.

I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Okay if you two are done flirting I would like to do something fun before I go home." Sal said from the chair.

Me and Aiden both looked away from each other embarresed. Even though we were not flirting, what Salma said still managed to make us both blush.

"What do you even want to do Salma?" I ask a little annoyed by her.

Salma thought about what she wanted to do. "Video games." She suggested.

"Okay." Aiden and I both agreed.

Just to point out, Sal is really bad at video games, like extemely bad. She thinks she is good but that's only because the only people she plays are her friends, who suck way worse than her, and her parents, who are a little confused by what a video game actually is. So she thinks I am some gaming master because I almost always beat her, the few times she wins I let her or something messes me up like me almost falling over while playing. And since Aiden is also surprisingly good she thinks she is a pro to.

"How did you guys get so good?" Salma ask while still trying to stay focused on the game.

Aiden and I look at each other. I mouth for her to play along with Sal's video game fantasy, which she thankfully didn't notice me do.

"Oh I guess we have had more practice." Aiden said,while blowing me up in the game.

"Trust me Gabe." She said seriously. "The next time we see each other I will be better."

"I'm sure you will." I say, even though she says the same thing every time we play.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A couple hours after midnight mom came home completely drunk. To some people this is not a weird sight but my mom never gets drunk, maybe once in a blue moon she will but it always surprises me when she does. She wasn't just a little drunk either, my aunt was practically carrying her in the house and she wasn't making any sense at all.

"Hey honey!" She shouted at me as she plopped down on the couch. "What are you doing still up?"

I don't get time to answer before mom moves on to something else. "Has this couch always been this color?" She asked looking at our black couch, the same one we had for five years.

"Yes it has.'' I say. Hoping my mom doesn't wake Vincent or Salma, Vincent is hard to get back to sleep and Sal is a little bit mean when she is woken up.

"Hahahaha!" She said laughing really loud. "You're in your pajamas!"

"Mom keep your voice..." I start to say but then I hear foot steps coming down the stairs.

"Why are you guys being so loud?" Sal ask glaring at all of us. She then notices my mom lying on the couch, acting like a idiot. "Aunt Tristen are you drunk?"

"Me?" Mom ask. "No of course not, I'm perfectly fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course..." mom said. "I'm feeling sick." Mom ran upstairs to the bathroom.

"And this is why she doesn't drink." I said to my aunt.

"Yeah I will remeber that next time." My aunt said. "Well I will go hold her hair."

"I'll get the towels." Sal said.

"I will go to the store and get some medicine." Uncle Manny said.

"I will go prepare myself for morning." I said. Everyone looked at me funny. "And I will go find her clean pajamas."

......

The next morning mom was extremely hung over, all she wanted to do was eat fried food and take meds.

"Here." I say handing her a glass of water and some pills. "You know all the reasons you told me why drinking was bad applies to you to."

"Yes Gabe I know." She said and took what I gave her.

"Are you going to be able to drive to the airport?" I ask.

"Yes I will be fine." She answers as Sal comes down stairs.

"Hey guys." She said. "Have you guys seen my headphones?"

"Gabes room." My mom answers and rubs her head.

"You okay aunt Tristen?"

"No but I will be."

"Next time I think you guys should just see a movie."

''Yeah." Mom said agreeing.

After that we all went to do are own thing. Mom went to lie down on the couch, I went to play xbox, and Salma started tp pack her stuff. A couple hours later the phone rang and I could hear mom groaning from the living room. "Gabe!" She shouted. "Get that!"

"Okay!" I shouted back and picked up the cordless phone. "Hello." I answered.

"Hello." A voice I didn't reconize came over the phone. "May I Speak to Tristen Trudeau?"

"Yes one second." I said. "Mom it's for you!"

"Ugh." Mom said but picked up the phone in the living room anyway.

I went back to playing my game, I was currently trying to beat Ian. I was just about to win when mom said my name causing me to jump and mess up. "Mom." I complained, but then I turned around and saw moms face. "What's wrong?" I ask worried

"We have to go to the police station."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 81.2K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
85.9K 2.2K 17
"How much of that did you hear?" "Everything after 'he's in the guest bedroom' " Great, that means he heard it all. Maybe im not prepared for this...
931K 25.2K 60
"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to see me like this. I'm a wreck. Wyatt does...
276K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...