Chapter twenty

It's been great having Salma around. She is the closest thing I have to a sibling and even though some people find it weird to be close to your family, we are close and I like it that way. The only thing I don't like about her being here is that I have another person to annoy me about Aiden. I swear everyone that I know has this fantasy about us dating, it's getting ridiculous.

On thanks giving day we had turkey like everyone else, but the best part was eating my aunt's homemade cinnamon buns, which I haven't had since the spring. Me being me I ate at least twelve.

I really wasn't looking forward to when school starts again. For one my family will be going back to Florida, which is all the way on the other side of the country, and also I'm still worried about Keysha. I act like I'm not around Aiden so she doesn't freak out but I have a really bad feeling about this. Plus to add more stuff to the pile of stress I am already in, I still need to start shopping for christmas gifts, which reminds me that the winter formal is coming up and i still don't have a date. Then there is also Aiden's birthday coming up and I have no sweet clue on what to get her. So yeah I really need to relax.

"I can't believe this is my last night here and I got stuck babysitting." Sal complained as I walked back in the media room.

"We got stuck babysitting." I corrected and handed her the can of Dr.pepper she wanted.

"I know!" She half shouted. "It sucks."

"Sal he is already asleep." I pointed out. "But if you are so loud he won't be."

"Couldn't my parents just hire a babysitter." She said.

"I don't know." I answered. My mom and Sal's parents went out to a bar and we were left to watch Vincent. I over heard my aunt talk about how she is hoping to get my mom a boyfriend tonight, which i highly doubt will happen since my mom barely dates.

"We could have been doing something fun tonight." She said.

"Like what?" I ask.

"I don't know, hung out with your friends." She answered.

"We hung out with them pretty much every night this week." I said. Which was true, we have been with at least one of my friends every night except when it was actually thanks giving.

"Still, I only see them like twice a year."

"We are allowed to have friends over."

"Really?" She ask getting excited. I guess she assumed my mom's rule of never having friends over when she wasn't home was still in play, but that rule ended when I turned thirteen.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Okay." She said pulling out her cell phone and started texting.

"Hey you still have to ask my premission before you invite someone over." I said.

"Gabe can I invite someone over?" She ask not even looking up from her phone.

I sigh, knowing she will do it anyway. "Fine, but we can't be to loud."

"I know that." She said.

"Who are you inviting over anyway?" I ask.

"Aiden."

"What." I said. Not that I minded Aiden coming over but it seemed weird that Salma would pick her.

"Well I want to get to know her before I leave."

"When did you even get her phone number?"

"I stole it from your phone yesterday." She said like it was totally normal