π•³π–Šπ–’π–” π•³π–Šπ–†π–—π–™

By roughietough

Scarlett (You) transfers to a grim academy, Hemo Academy, for a better education. It's not all that you expec... More

π•³π–Šπ–’π–” π•³π–Šπ–†π–—π–™
π”šπ”¬π”―π”¨π”¦π”«π”€ 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ β„œπ”¬π”°π”’π”±π”±π”ž
π”šπ”¬π”―π”¨π”¦π”«π”€ 𝔄𝔩𝔬𝔫𝔒
π”šπ”¬π”―π”¨π”¦π”«π”€ 𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔉𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔱
β„œπ”¬π”°π”’π”±π”±π”ž 𝔀𝔬𝔱 𝔢𝔬𝔲 π”ž π”…π”žπ”«π”‘π”žπ”€π”’
𝔐𝔒𝔒𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔀 𝔇𝔲𝔨𝔒 π”žπ”«π”‘ π”„π”«π”€π”’π”©π”¦π”«π”ž
π”šπ”¬π”―π”¨π”¦π”«π”€ 𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 π”…π”žπ” π”¨
𝔓𝔒𝔯𝔰𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔀 β„œπ”¬π”°π”’π”±π”±π”ž
𝔒𝔣𝔣𝔒𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔀 𝔱𝔬 β„œπ”¬π”°π”’π”±π”±π”ž
β„‘π”«π”³π”’π”°π”±π”¦π”€π”žπ”±π”¦π”«π”€
π”Šπ”¬π”¦π”«π”€ π”…π”žπ” π”¨ 𝔱𝔬 β„­π”©π”žπ”°π”°
ℑ𝔫𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔑𝔲𝔠𝔦𝔫𝔀 β„œπ”¬π”°π”’π”±π”±π”ž
𝔄 π”Šπ”’π”± 𝔗𝔬𝔀𝔒𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔯
π”ˆπ”­π”¦π”­π”₯π”žπ”«π”Ά
π•±π–Žπ–“π–†π–‘
π”„π”£π”±π”’π”―π”΄π”žπ”―π”‘π”°
β„­π”₯π”žπ”―π”žπ” π”±π”’π”― 𝔓𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔰
𝔗π”₯𝔒 β„Œπ”’π”ͺ𝔬 β„Œπ”’π”žπ”―π”±

𝔐𝔒𝔒𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔀 𝔄𝔩𝔒𝔡

3 2 0
By roughietough

It is now your second month of school, October. Ever since the incident you are on your guard, and Rosetta was right though: most of the Vampires aren't interested in taking a humans blood. She says it's because a lot of the students are full-bloods, which means that they were once humans themselves. And luckily for you, half-bloods (primarily not vegetarian) are the type of Vampire that can't turn others. So it just worked out and you aren't waking up every morning terrified to go to school. On September 11th Rosetta celebrated her birthday, however she didn't invite you to her party in fear that her friends will viciously attack you. You were mildly sad but relieved at the same time.
"Instead Scarlett, you will have a one on one hangout with me!" She had smiled and you widened your eyes,
"No gifts needed, okay?" She said. Your eyes softened and your mouth had slowly turned into a light smile.
"You're getting a gift anyways." You said and you two had laughed lightly.
Today, October 6th, you were wearing,
A)

B)

You pressed open the tall black gates, and walked into the heavy doors, still feeling unaccustomed to the Academy. The whole building smelt old, and of bitter flowers, similar to wine. You got to your locker and saw Epiphany. She was wearing a longer tight brown skirt, a yellow shirt with pink ruffles on the bottom and on the sleeves. Over the past month you've remarked Epiphany's mature yet young look.
"Hey." You smiled and hugged her.
"Hey~!" She hugged back.
"How you doing?" You asked casually as you rummaged through your locker.
"I'm doing pretty good, how about you?" She asked and closed up her locker. Good looking people eyed you while passing by and you felt a guilt. Does Epiphany know? You thought to yourself. You haven't told her the secret, you just couldn't find the will to.
"I'm okay. Been working all night though..." You frown at the thought of all your homework.
"Tell me about it." She rolls her eyes.
"Well, imma head to class now, okay?" She says and you nod, but as she's walking away she slips and falls onto the floor.
"Oof..." She groans and holds her head.
"Are- are you okay?!" You quickly rush over to her side, praying that she won't have an exposed wound.
"Uhh... Yeah, I'm fine." She murmurs. You look at her worried, but even more worried as you notice a huge scar on her head.
"Whoa! What is that scar?" You point to her head. It's kind of hidden by her hair but you can still see it. She looks at you confused.
"Huh?"
"There's a big scar on your head." You say, then start picking up her things and lift her up. She takes her things from you and answers.
"Ohhhh. It's probably from the accident." She says like she's had a sudden realization.

A) "What accident?"
B) "Accident?..."
C) "Are you okay?!"

A) "Well, apparently I had an accident a few years ago. My dad tells me about it sometimes. That's probably where it's from... It's all a little foggy..." She taps her head.
B) "Yeah. A few years ago I got into an accident. It's a big blur for me though." She says looking concentrated yet foggy.
C) "Hahah! Yeah, I'm fine... It was when I was younger. My dad tells me about it sometimes. However, the memories are foggy. It's all a big blur!" She laughs half-heartedly.

"Oh, I see. Well, if you're feeling dizzy or sore, text me right away! Don't worry about if I'm in class." You say. She laughs and nudges you.
"You're like my mom. I'm fine! But thanks for worrying about me. Oh yeah-" The warning bell cuts her off.
"I'll tell you after!" She says and you're kinda disappointed.
"Later!" She waves goodbye and you rush to class.

In English you were starting a new essay, and you hated essays with a passion. Paragraphs were annoying enough, but when you had to write three top quality paragraphs and put them together and slap an introduction and conclusion on it, you wanted to quite your education all together. In math class you finished the worksheet given to you so Professor Inganamorte gave you a sudoku to do for bonus marks.
(Complete if desired)

You were finally done your morning classes and it was lunchtime. You went to the cafeteria through the dark creaky halls and found Epiphany sitting down at a two person table. She waved you over with a smile.
"Hiya." She said.
"Sup?" You ask and sit down, getting your food ready.
"Uff, classes have been so dull..." She says and looks down at her food. You watch her silently as you notice something stir in her.
"Especially since... he's on my mind all the time..." She lets the words escape and you look at her confused.
"He?" You ask. She looks up at you and blushes lightly.
"I... uh, yeah. His name is Alex..." She smiles down to her food. Oh no... don't tell me she has a crush on a vampire?!... You think to yourself.
"Oh... I see..." You drag the words trying to filter out your concern.
"Honestly... This is going to sound so weird, cause it is so weird..." She said and looked up, pink hair falling slightly, and her kind naive eyes connected to yours.
"But I felt a love at first sight kinda thing with him." She spills. You nod to her and take a bite of your food. Love at first sight?? You think to yourself.
"I actually first saw him on the second day of school, just passed him in the hall. He didn't notice me or anything, but I was taken aback. He is so good looking, and it's like I instantly fell in love with him. My heart was warmed and I felt so content to be with him..." She said and you were silent.
"...I think I'm crazy too." She said staring at you.
"What! I don't think you're crazy!....

A) "It's just that... I don't really believe in love at first sight..." You confess.
B) "I believe you!" You say and remember what you read about vampires, appear really attractive and beautiful, to lure in their victims...
C) "I've just never seen you like this before." You cover up your true stresses.

A) "Ohhhh. I understand. You know, I usually don't believe in girly things like that, but love at first sight, I do believe in. It's on the tip of my tongue... the reason why I believe in it... Ugh, I can't remember." She says defeated and takes a sip of her drink.
B) "You do? Thank you. I needed someone to other than me. I haven't told my other friends about it." She says.
C) "Ahahahah... Sorry if I'm weirding you out. I haven't seen myself like this either." She says with a light laugh.

"Well, either way, he's actually in your grade, and about a week ago I started talking to him. I was surprisingly not that nervous! I was proud of myself!" She said. You couldn't help but think she looked so beautiful smiling like that.
"And he said he would take a walk with me today, around the school. So maybe before we leave you can meet him!" She smiled. A walk, together... alone?! Your heart was beating fast hoping that when you'd meet him you'd see that he didn't have that quality that most of the students had here, that his canine teeth weren't pointy, and his eyes weren't a sharp beautiful colour.
"I'd love to meet him!" You smile. The hope that he was a human was stronger than ever.
"Really? Great! Once we're done eating I'll take you to see him! He said he'll meet me at my locker." She cheered.
"Great." You dragged out. You guys kept eating and you got to know Epiphany better. You only really knew a little about her.
"Hey Epiphany, what's your favourite colour?"
"Light pink." She pointed to her hair with a smile.
"When's your birthday?"
"July 2nd." She said. And it went on with the little questions until you were finished eating. She took you by the hand and dragged you out of the empty cafeteria, you were feeling slightly nervous to meet him. Once you got to your lockers you put away your things and you grabbed your binder for the next class. Epiphany closed her locker and when she turned around she spotted Alex.
"Hey, hey, hey... That's him." She whispered pointing mildly to a boy. Your eyes widened then narrowed. You recognized him. Suddenly he came to Epiphany and was before the two of you.
"Hey Alex, this is my friend, Scarlett." Epiphany said. Alex... Alex... Alex! That's right, he's in my French class! You thought to yourself. You observed his right side labret piercing, and messier dark brown hair that faded into a musty red. His outfit looked more schoolboy than the other students here. You looked into his yellow brown eyes. Your blood went cold... Vampire. You thought to yourself. The corner of his mouth curved up as he lightly smiled.
"Hello Scarlett, I'm Alex, from your French class." He said. You were taken aback that he actually remembered you from when he picked up your pen. That was the first day of school.

A) "Ahh, yes, hello, nice to meet you Alex." You struggled with your words.
B) "Yeah, I remember... Hi." You waved awkwardly.
C) "Hi, nice to formally meet you Alex." You say trying your best to sound professional.

Epiphany laughs quietly at your behaviour, covering her mouth.
"You already know each other? Awesome! I've been friends with Scarlett since the first day." She says and you notice her voice is even softer around him. Alex laughs lightly and you struggle to find words, feeling off-put by the whole situation.
"Ah yeah, hahaha..." You fake a laugh.
"Well, I'll be off now, see ya guys later." You wave goodbye and they do as well, but when they've turned their backs you watch from a corner. Epiphany links her arm around his and they exit through a dark fancy side door.

A) I need to go investigate... You think to yourself.
B) Relax, there's a very good chance that Epiphany already knows the school's secret, and besides, even if she doesn't that's not your business. Just go back to class. You think to yourself.

(If you chose option A, go to the chapter called, 'Investigating'. If you chose option B, go to the chapter called, 'Going back to class'.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 2.6K 32
~COMPLETED~ "How do I know I can trust you?" I looked straight into his eyes, my hand inching towards the knife in my back pocket. He moved closer t...
51 2 14
Crystal discovers a huge secret that changes her life forever and goes on an adventure into a new world of darkness, power and secrets of the new sch...
The School Escape By Meli

Mystery / Thriller

1.4K 101 27
It was a normal day, until we heard those static noises. The next thing you know everyone is running out the classrooms. I can hear students screamin...