a second time // yandere dsmp...

By food_truck22

" if we have souls, they're made of the love we share... undimmed by time, unbound by death. " karl went so f... More

INTRO // PLEASE READ!
PROLOGUE: PARALLEL UNIVERSE
CHAPTER I: HOROMETRY
CHAPTER III: TIME DILATION
CHAPTER IV: EXCURSION
CHAPTER V: SPACETIME
CHAPTER VI: ANACHRONISM
CHAPTER VII: CHRONOGRAPH
CHAPTER VIII: SIMULTANEITY
CHAPTER IX: SPECIAL RELATIVITY
CHAPTER X: ETERNALISM
CHAPTER XI: PRESENTISM
CHAPTER XII: ITINERARY
CHAPTER XIII: CAUSALITY
CHAPTER XIV: WANDERLUST
CHAPTER XV: INTERIM
CHAPTER XVI: EPHEMERA
CHAPTER XVII: GRANDFATHER PARADOX
CHAPTER XVIII: TIMEWAVE THEORY
CHAPTER XIX: TIMIST
CHAPTER XX: FUTURITY
CHAPTER XXI: TIME MACHINE
CHAPTER XXII: ASTROPHYSICS
CHAPTER XXIII: PASTNESS
CHAPTER XXIV: UNTIME
CHAPTER XXV: CONCURRENT
CHAPTER XXVI: SOLAR APEX
CHAPTER XXVII: ARROW OF TIME
CHAPTER XXVIII: TRANSIENT
CHAPTER XXIX: WORMHOLE
CHAPTER XXX: TIMEOUS
CHAPTER XXXI: ETERNITY
CHAPTER XXXII: TACHYON
CHAPTER XXXIII: CIRCUMNAVIGATION
CHAPTER XXXIV: CHRONOLOGY PROTECTION CONJECTURE
CHAPTER XXXV: PEREGRINATION
EPILOGUE: THE FINAL TIMELINE
FINAL RELATIONSHIP METER.
LAST A/N.: UPDATES
// THIRD BOOK OUT NOW!!!
EXTRA PLAYLIST.
*BONUS CHAPTERS NOW AVAILABLE*
AFTER PASTNESS: TOMMY
BEFORE PEREGRINATION: KARL
AFTER EPILOGUE: KNIGHT'S UNION
BEFORE SOLAR APEX: THE THREE OF US AGAINST THE WORLD
THE PRESENT I: KINOKO KINGDOM
THE PRESENT II: LAS NEVADAS
THE PRESENT III: DREAMXD
THE PRESENT IV: CHARLIE
THE PRESENT V: METAMORPHOSIS

CHAPTER II: QUANTUM MECHANICS

3K 85 38
By food_truck22

quan·tum me·chan·ics
/ˈˌkwän(t)əm məˈkaniks/
the branch of mechanics that deals with the mathematical description of the motion and interaction of subatomic particles, incorporating the concepts of quantization of energy, wave-particle duality, the uncertainty principle, and the correspondence
principle.

GUIDE TO QUANTUM MECHANICS
- quantum mechanics is important so that travelers understand the science behind time travel. its principles explain how time is relative to and how particles move through space.

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of obsessiveness.

**

KARL LET OUT A shaky breath and grabbed his communicator from off the shelf, turning it on. the screen's blue light reflected on his face.

he knew it was now or never. he just hoped quackity would understand.

he sorted through his contacts before he stopped at quackity's number, dialing it.

it didn't take long for the butler on the other end to pick up.
[ karl - normal
[ quackity - bolded

—#####—

" hey karl! what's up man? it's been a while. "

" yeah hey alex! um.. i'd just like to.. meet up. to talk. "

" about?? "

—#####—

karl bit his lip nervously, trying to find the right words before quackity noticed the change in atmosphere and replied.

—#####—

" hm. i see. where do you wanna meet up? "

—#####—

karl scratched at his neck.

—#####—

" uh just our usual restaurant. you know the fancy one by the greater dream smp entrance. "

" gotcha. "

—#####—

karl and quackity always met up in the same restaurant, liking the atmosphere and modern-greek inspired architecture.

they both have a lot of memories stopping by the restaurant during breakfast and dinner times, having both light-hearted, humorous chatter, and very serious moments.

from karl's tone, quackity could tell it would be a serious one. it's been a while since the two talked because of quackity's work in manberg. it's too bad that the time they finally meet up, it's going to be about something important.

quackity wanted to ask more questions, but he also didn't wanna pressure karl. he'll just have to be patient with his friend.

—#####—

" i'm free lunch time. is that okay? "

" yeah yeah that's perfect. i'll get reservations. "

" alright. talk to you later, karl. "

—#####—

**

——-                       ——-                       ——-

GREATER DREAM SMP.

IN THE WAITING LOUNGE, karl sat with a sci-fi novel in his hands, his knee slightly bouncing out of anxiety. he was worried sick about bringing up the conversation about y/n with quackity.

don't get him wrong, he trusts alex. he just doesn't think that revealing any information about what he's doing to anyone is a good idea. anything could happen. even those who you trust could snitch at any moment, and he had to learn that the hard way in a past reality.

"hola amigo!" quackity's voice interrupted karl's thoughts, causing him to whip his head up from his book and smile back at his friend. he put his book down on his seat as he stood up and hugged quackity, both of them patting each other's backs and exchanging some inside jokes.

they got out of the lounge area and sat at their table, conveying their drinks and usual orders to the waiter. once the waiter turned from the table and walked away, karl's eyes darted to the side of the table, playing with the utensils provided.

quackity noticed his nervousness from across the table. "hey man.. i know you have something serious to talk about from the way you sounded on the phone. what is it?" he leaned in to get closer to karl, talking in a softer tone.

karl looked up at quackity with glossy eyes. i have to do this. it's the only way to try and get information. if i can't get it from him, i'll just have to get it for myself. he thought to himself. he took a deep breath to mentally prepare himself.

"you promise you won't think i'm crazy, alex? because this involves other people." quackity tilted his head to the side a bit. "i promise, karl. you know you can tell me anything. i won't say a word. i swear by that." he took in quackity's reply, nodding to himself while biting his lip before ranting on.

"y/n.. i'm trying to figure out why they went missing and how to save them. alex, here's the part that's gonna sound insane... i'm.. i'm a time traveler. i already lived in a parallel universe where y/n went missing just like they did right now, but then they came back about a month and a half or so later. however, it just doesn't seem right. there's a lot of factors that i can't shake off and i know someone whose been obsessed with them.. like in an unhealthy way. i've been trying to do a solo investigation during the time they went missing and i couldn't find anything. so i was wondering if i can get info off of you. i need to interrogate you and get anything i could to see if there's any connections towards y/n's disappearance. i swear it would help a lot. think about it, you work in manberg. you have inside eyes."

karl went on about the information he found and the accusations he's created, trying to piece things bit by bit. quackity listened intently, soaking in every word despite his head starting to hurt. he did understand every word karl was saying. he continued to listen even when they got their food.

he was shocked to hear karl's thoughts, and the fact that he was a time traveler. it was insane, but with all the knowledge he has, he already knew when y/n was going to disappear.. but why is the real question... and how do we save them is the main concern.

"can we take a step back for a sec?" quackity said after karl was done rambling. "what is it?" "so.. you say you time travel, right?" "yes... where are you going with this, alex?" quackity looked around before turning back to karl and whispering, "is there any way to prove it? i do believe you! but like... there's a way to prove it right?" quackity put his hands up a bit in surrender, but ultimately had curiosity filling his eyes.

karl let a small smile play at his lips, crossing his arms at the beanie-wearing man across from him. "what do you think?" quackity chuckled. "i'm gonna take that as a yes. how will you prove it though?" quackity asked, a bit skeptical.

"alright alright. let me show you a little trick called traveling back in time. show me what's in your wallet right now." karl requested, making quackity quirk an eyebrow but obey him, reaching in his suit pocket to take out his wallet and place it on the table.

karl opened the wallet carefully, taking out the money inside it to count it, and counting the amount of credit cards. he then put it all back and memorized all the items, handing the wallet back to quackity.

"okay so i'm gonna go to the bathroom, rewind time, and when you ask me to prove myself again, i can tell you exactly what's in your wallet. you got me?" karl said, making quackity nod. karl got up from his seat. "good. because you won't remember this conversation." before karl went off, he patted quackity's shoulder and walked away, adjusting his suit with confidence.

when he got to the men's restroom, he locked himself in a stall and calmed down, trying not to get excited by his antics. whenever people doubted his powers, he had fun tricks up his sleeves. he used to perform for crowds in another timeline, but now that he has to lay low, he's never been able to do this again. this is his opportunity to shine, especially in front of quackity.

he looked down at his chronograph, tapping at the watch's glass, making some purple and green sparks come out from it to signal that the watch is working. he rewinded the dial on the chronograph, making sure it was accurate.

once the clock's hands ticked on a certain position, he tapped down on his watch, immediately disappearing from the stall within a purple-green, warping light.

he adjusted to his senses after a passing of nanoseconds. he found himself back in his body, sitting across from quackity at their table. his watch had a slight gleam in it that soon subsided.

"can we take a step back for a sec?" quackity asked again, karl already knowing what to say like he was replaying a script in his head. "what is it?" "so.. you say you time travel, right?" "yes... where are you going with this, alex?" quackity looked around before turning back to karl and whispering, "is there any way to prove it? i do believe you! but like... there's a way to prove it right?" quackity put his hands up a bit in surrender.

karl smiled, shaking his head and crossing his arms. "what do you think?" quackity chuckled. "i'm gonna take that as a yes. how will you prove it though?" quackity asked. karl scoffed and leaned in, prompting quackity to do the same. "you know, i just went back in time. i had this exact conversation with you and you asked how i would prove myself. i told you that i would be able to tell you what you had in your wallet because you showed me what was in it."

karl had a smug smile on his face. "really? what is in my wallet then einstein?" quackity challenged, crossing his arms to imitate karl. karl laughed a bit. "exactly $238 in cash and four credit cards. one visa, two citi, the other boa. and one of the credit card numbers is [insert numbers here].. and i believe that's the visa one."

quackity raised his eyebrows in surprise. "if you don't believe me, count your money, will you?" karl suggested, making a skeptical quackity rummage through his suit pocket for his wallet.

quackity looked through his wallet's cash and credit cards, counting out the money by hand and looking at the brands and numbers on the cards. his jaw dropped when he realized karl was dead on.

"wow.. holy shit dude. you did do it!" "told ya." karl proudly sipped his on drink. "do that again!" quackity exclaimed.

ALEX LOOKS FUNNY WHEN HE'S SHOCKED, OR MAYBE IT'S JUST ME.

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
this chapter is inspired by life is strange :)

w.c.: 1.7k+

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 662 25
▄︻デ where she escaped her foster parents and thought she can finally live a normal life, what could go wrong?══━一 Everyone I welcome you...
2.2K 48 15
(Discontinued sorry) This is my first story on wattpad so it's not going to be the best. I'm writing this as a little experiment because I was bored...
299K 8.8K 37
"I know what it's like to be used! ...and so do you. Stay with me, please." A story in which the reader becomes a Technoblade apologist. ===== Cover...
109K 3.8K 53
Many people have had questions regarding technology, but in a world like yours, are people still wondering? Who is to decide who is human and who is...