BEFORE PEREGRINATION: KARL

key
- trigger warnings!: none
- fluffy fluff

RECAP

everyone in the living room cheered as the wormhole shrunk and disappeared. "KARL!" quackity yelled out, jumping up and down, and hug-tackling eret. while karl was trying to straighten out his senses, feeling like he might pass out, you came into his vision, making his heart flutter. you chuckled at how lovestruck he looked while staring at you. you sat across from him on the floor, hugging him tightly. he immediately hugged back, embracing you. "i'm glad you're back, karl." you whispered in his ear, making his smile widen.

—- Y/N WAS BEYOND HAPPY that karl was back, showering him with affection. of course, karl was very flustered at the sudden love he was getting from his crush, but overall, he felt like he was over the moon. he hugged and held y/n back just as tightly and lovingly, feeling like he was gonna lose them again.

of course, your mom instincts activated, immediately bombarding karl with questions and offering to take care of him. you wouldn't leave his side for a while, taking him to the couch and giving him food. you felt like you were being a bit annoying and clingy, however, karl loved it, his heart skipping beats at a time in an irregular rhythm.

after he was done eating and talking to everyone, you led him into your shared bedroom, hand in hand. once you were in the room, you looked him up and down carefully. "you know you gotta get cleaned up before you fall asleep. therefore, i recommend a bath. want me to set it up for you or do you wanna take a shower?" you said in a serious tone, making karl crack a sloppy smile.

"bath please." he replied softly, his throat still somewhat raspy. you sighed. "alright. get some extra clothes. i'll get it ready." you said, reaching up to karl's hair as he nodded. you ruffled his fluffy hair, letting the smooth locks run through your fingers. karl started to blush, giggling at your antics. "yes, y/n/n." he said, stepping a bit forward and planting a kiss to your temple before quickly navigating to the walk-in closet for pajamas.

that's when you started to blush, giggling quietly as you saw karl have a moment of confidence before getting shy again. you marched into the bathroom, lighting up some candles to give the room a soft lighting. not too blaring like a torch, but something that helps you see everything.

you then ran the water, making sure it was warm, before mixing bath products in to make some small, iridescent bubbles cover the surface of the water like a blanket that smelt like lavender. when you were done with your work, you proudly looked down at the bath you fixed, placing your hands on your hips.

it reminded of you when you took care of parker back in k/n, fixing him baths and telling him bed time stories, slipping him some pieces of chocolate while he was in the tub. the memory made you giggle, an unnoticed smile widening on your face.

you felt the weight of a hand on your shoulder, bringing your attention to the man standing beside you. "it looks amazing. thank you so much." karl said softly, trying his best to maintain eye contact at you despite his flustered state. he never had someone besides his family care for him this much, and it felt really endearing.

"no problem!" you grabbed his hand off your shoulder and gave it a squeeze before walking towards the door. "holler if you need anything." you said, making him nod and exchange a warm smile with you. god that smile. you felt yourself wanting to stare at him, immediately making yourself shut the bathroom door, and mentally curse yourself for being in love.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

AFTER ALMOST A half hour later, y/n felt like using the bathroom. getting lost in themselves, they completely forgot that karl was still in the bathtub, soaking in warmth and bubbles.

you got up from your bed and went to open the bathroom, recognizing a figure in the bathtub in your peripheral vision. you glanced at a shirtless karl and quickly looked away, starting to become flushed.

"sorry i should've knocked." you said, feeling your cheeks starting to turn pink. karl chuckled. "it's alright, y/n/n." "i forgot you were here haha." karl smiled. "you can look you know." he said lowly, feeling your embarrassment from the other side of the room.

"yeah..?" you muttered, almost sounding like a question as you turned your head to stare into his eyes. you saw how they glimmered even under the candle light, making your heart flutter.

"what do you need?" karl asked. you just pointed to the toilet. his face contorted into an "oh" expression and then nodded. "i'll just use the other bathroom. sorry about that!" you said, trying to laugh it off. "no no it's alright y/n/n!" karl said profusely, almost as if it was his fault.

you chuckled and brushed your hair back. you nodded, turning to leave. before your hand grabbed the doorknob, you heard karl speak up. "o-oh wait!" you turned back around and faced him, tilting your head in curiosity.

"could you um.. stay in here with me? i-i just want someone to talk to.." karl trailed off, drumming his fingers quietly on the bathtub. you only smiled at him. "of course, karl. i'll be back alright?" you said softly, making him return a wider smile and excitedly nod.

you went out of the room to do your business and then came back with a book, shutting the door behind you and sitting against the bathtub, looking at karl with a gentle smile. he obviously returned the smile, feeling all giddy inside like he always does around you.

the two of you sat around on what felt like a lonely night outside, talking to one another, even exchanging jokes to the point where you had to try your best to hold in laughs as to not wake anyone up. and that entire time, karl admired you.. lovestruck, with a grateful gleam in his eyes.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK.
CARRY ME HOME - JORJA SMITH.
if the title of this song doesn't make it obvious, the song expresses wanting to go back to home—particularly, somebody that represents protection and safety, especially after enduring someone else's problems. this feeling overall fits the way karl feels about y/n, feeling like he's safe and reminded of home when he's around you.

PREVIEW LYRICS.
Midnight strikes, where is my prince?
Lost my comfort, more time to think
Broken and bruised, tell me what I am
Feel so unused, help me find your hand
I guess the sun still waits here
Got to hold it up for him
Carry me home
Bear my weight on your shoulders
Carry me home
Nothing else matters.

——-                       ——-                       ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
wow all warm fluffiness and whatever. i'm more into writing angst though so ig this is a nice change :)

also i miss accompanying people when they're taking baths (that sounds so freaking weird but yk what i mean when someone sits against the bathtub and keeps you company. it do be relaxing though. especially when they start playing the ukulele🥴 // not me having nostalgia)

w.c.: 1.2k+