THE PRESENT II: LAS NEVADAS

key
- trigger warnings!: mentions of different addictions such as drugs and gambling.
- besides drugs, there's also implications of sex in the chapter soundtrack lyrics.

ON THE OTHER HAND, quackity built up a kingdom called las nevadas. although, he had pretty inferior intentions to karl's. why did he found las nevadas in the first place?

it started with quackity's gambling addiction. when he learned how to play poker and gin rummy at eret's house, he developed a weird fascination with it. he joined the mock poker tournament that nearly everyone except you and the kids were participating in. nobody expected to be beat by quackity's aggressive betting within the first rounds.

meanwhile, he discovered how much he really liked gambling. he didn't care for strategy nor expertise when making bets. he liked the thrill that started bubbling in his stomach, making a sloppy smile crack on his face. it was a satisfying feeling.. almost similar to being in love. however, it didn't feel like butterflies to him.

it felt like a completely different type of rushing euphoria—an ecstasy overdose—that he knew he couldn't experience from a person. so of course, to make those feelings last, he bought a casino. now his eyes were able to be filled with the colors of blinding led lights from the casino's decorative signs to the lights from diamond-winning slot machines.

right when quackity walked onto the red carpets to see his finished structure, he started feeling the bubbling.. that one feeling he's been craving that could only last for a poker game at a time. now it's wired in him just looking around at the new place he owned, thinking of all the tourists he'd be able to attract and steal money from. he couldn't even fathom the pure joy he felt.

even while on vacation, he hit up casinos and bars like they were his life, being surrounded by people hitting on him and buying him drinks after he won immense amount of bets in a row. now, he'll get to do that again on his own accord.

once the casino in las nevadas opened, word went around to the gamble-loving elites, the grand opening filled with a huge line of people waiting outside in the cold air, all dressed in suits and dresses, wearing their finest jewelry to flaunt and perhaps risk betting on, and holding things from money to cigarettes.

it made quackity feel accomplished and beyond excited, like his stomach was dropping from riding a roller coaster. ever since that day he cut the red ribbon and opened his casino doors, he easily became filthy rich, practically sitting on a chair made of pure gold coins and cash stacks. the front of his casino started appearing on the front covers of magazines and in the foreground of photographers' photos. he even started attending interviews, smugly answering questions about building a gambling empire.

it was shocking to see the reputation quackity built up, him also being surprised at himself. despite all the fame and money he was shrouded with, there was still the downside of his gambling addiction that didn't establish anything good for his political side. after all, he would only focus on the casino and nothing more.

after seeing the success of the casino, some political authorities offered to give quackity land to build up his own city in the desert, an interesting area that nobody would've expected, especially in the sandy biome. however, the weather presented summer time and joy to many. therefore, quackity agreed, knowing he'd only benefit. and he was right.

elite citizens were on the rush to move into las nevadas and flock out there for vacation. nevertheless, it was amusing to see las nevadas' population grow, and somewhat stabilize itself as 'the people who party all the time.' quackity watched his citizens on the streets having the grandest time of their lives, everyone going out at night to catch the casinos, night clubs, and concerts in order to let themselves off the hook, reflecting the feelings that quackity craved when he gambled.

people held each other up by the shoulders while drunk; people smoked in the alleyways, passing each other freshly rolled blunts and lsd—everyone realized that las nevadas was a place to let loose, mostly adults going there for mature entertainment. quackity obviously didn't expect it at first, but wasn't surprised. he was happy to see people enjoying themselves and getting lost within the night life that he highly invested in for las nevadas—it reminded him of high school. that's what it was known for after all, and that's all the city became, barely providing the fleeting feelings that it did at night during the day.

all the rich could spend their money on spas, manicures, shopping malls, pools, and quality food within las nevadas. but everyone living there knew that it was the night time where they'd lose their money for ecstasy. quackity only profited from both sides, especially the night side of things. was it really a healthy city?

——-                       ——-                       ——-

CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK.
NOVACANE - FRANK OCEAN.
novacane is a song that tells a story of feeling joy yet also numbness during heavy sexual experiences. it's basically the feeling of being on the brink of addiction.

this song's vibe and the lyrics fit very well, the lyrics being a metaphor for las nevadas as it relates with the experiences that people (including quackity) are feeling during night time—getting high to the point of feeling numb yet craving that feeling again. that is what keeps people wanting to stay in las nevadas, despite knowing the many unhealthy things from drug addictions to kinks that people indulge in heavily, knowing las nevadas is the right place for that.

PREVIEW LYRICS.
You put me on a feelin' I never had
Never had, never had (Never)
And ever since I've been tryna get it back
And pick it up and put it back
Now I'm something like the chemist on campus
But there's no drug around
Quite like what I found in you, you
I still can't feel my face
What am I smokin' anyway? (Ahh)
She said, "Don't let the high go to waste" (Ooh)
But can you taste a little taste?
Novacane, baby, baby (Ohh)
Novacane, baby, I want you
Fuck me good, fuck me long, fuck me numb
Love me now, when I'm gone, love me none

——-                       ——-                       ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
wanted to include a chapter that had a completely different vibe compared to kinoko kingdom.

also wanted to allude to the vibe in the book about king's past. when i start writing that, there's gonna be some mature themes in there and will go into more detail about the birth of the camarvan to l'manberg (at least according to the stories that you've been reading so far. this is obviously my interpretation of the storylines connecting with the actual lore from dream smp).

w.c.: 1.1k+