My Bestfriend is an Idol | JU...

By K-pzy_Nana

Love is painful in two ways. It hurts to let go. It hurts to leave. ☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎ Each time I caught... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1- How Famous is BTS?
Chapter 2- My Ex-Bestfriend and our Past
Chapter 3- SSU Art Gallery
Chapter 4- Home
Chapter 5- Make it Right
Chapter 6- Unexpected Guest
Chapter 8- Love is Not Over
Chapter 9- In Front of You
Chapter 10- Cheers to my Forgotten Friendship
Chapter 11- Lee Ji Hyo Doesn't Exist
Chapter 12- You are the Most Important to Me
Chapter 13- Promises are Meant to be Kept
Chapter 14- Just A Dream
Chapter 15- The Truth Untold
Chapter 16- The Truth Untold pt. 2
Chapter 17- Nothing Like Us
Chapter 18- Friends Forever
The Interview
My Bestfriend is an Idol Part 2
Chapter 19- 생일
Chapter 20- Running Towards Home
Chapter 21- A Good Night's Kiss
Chapter 22- Young Hearts
Chapter 23- Sickly
Chapter 24- Her Secret
Chapter 25- The Lowlife Heiress
Chapter 26- Damsel in Distress
Chapter 27- Dying in Your Arms
Chapter 28- I Will Protect You
Chapter 29- I Will Never Let You Go
Chapter 30- I Will Never Let You Go pt. 2
A/N
Chapter 31- Why Can't You See?
Chapter 32- Stay
Chapter 33- Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 34- Confession
Chapter 35- The Rightful Owner
Chapter 36- R.A.G.E.
Chapter 37- I Need U
Chapter 38- Last Letter
Chapter 39- Last Letter pt. 2
Chapter 40- My Father's Enemies
A/N
Chapter 41- Hope
Chapter 42- Goodbyes Hurt
Chapter 43- Let Me Love You
Chapter 44- Min Ho's Confession
Chapter 45- The Meeting
Chapter 46- Last Night, Last Moment
Thank You ~
Chapter 47- All Because of Love
Chapter 48- Welcome Home
Chapter 49- Stay With Me Forever
His First Love Story

Chapter 7- The Promise

4.9K 134 4
By K-pzy_Nana

"Jungkook is here- he's here! What should I do?" I looked down at my shoes to hide the panic in my eyes. "Just act normal. If he recognizes me, I will tell him I never met him before. Right. No, I can't lie to-"

"D-did you say that RM is here??!" Lily blurted out, excitement drawn all over her face. "Oh my god, my bias is here! Let's go see them. Come on!"

The negative thoughts lurking in my mind suddenly disappeared with Lily's intense enthusiasm while Min-ho and I exchanged awkward glances, making my tensed shoulders relax a bit. While she took a flight down to the ground floor, we followed slowly on the stairs.

"Jealous, are you...?" I whispered to my assistant.

"A bit," Min-ho answered, a pink shade forming on his swollen cheeks.

I let out a chuckle and pat his lower back. "Don't worry. It was just a crush. Unnie knows her parents won't let her date an idol, anyway."

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Min-ho turned to me and asked, "Then to whom do her parents want her to marry?"

"Someone who is business-minded. A man who can help lead their company in the future, because soon, she will become an heiress but her family knows that she was indifferent to it."

"You both share the same passion... and family background. Is that why you're friends?"

"Maybe," I smirked before patting his shoulder and walking away.

When we arrived at a corner, Kim Namjoon was the first to notice me and greeted me with a bow. Another handsome man who I expected to be Jimin also bowed to greet us. He was so gorgeous in person.

There were other groups of people- obviously their fans- gathered around them while taking pictures and murmuring at each other but tried to maintain their distance to give their idols some private space.

Just then, I spotted the person I longed to see at the same time, the person I was most afraid to meet- Jungkook, who was desperately looking up at the photo on display- making me start to tremble on my knees and become lightheaded with his presence. I inhaled, gathering all my strength and courage, ready for any consequences. I didn't want to think of what could happen next if he recognized me.

"Sorry for troubling you. I already explained to my friend that it is not for sale, but he doesn't want to listen," the BTS leader explained.

I gave him a nod, telling him that it was alright. But when I glanced at the photo, dang. I nearly stumbled. I realized why Jungkook wanted it so much. It was the promise I wrote at the treehouse with my handprint on it. I took a picture for display, never expecting that Jungkook would come and lay his eyes on it! He must be flustered because only the two of us knew about that place.

"Jungkookah," RM gave him a nudge, distracting him from his thoughts and eventually turning his head to our presence. "She's Lee Shanshan, the owner of this gallery."

I held my breath, praying that he would not recognize me. But when he slowly blinked and met contact with my eyes, my heart skipped a beat. "A piercing?"

What a surprise. My best friend was so innocent before I left him. Now he had a tattoo and an eyebrow piercing too?

"Ah, neh," Jungkook bowed. "N-nice to meet you... Ma'am."

"We have the same age. There's no need for formalities," I answered almost with a sigh while I kept glancing at the piercing that added to his attractiveness. I was relieved that Jungkook wasn't surprised to see me, but I still prayed that he would not recognize me afterward.

"Whose... whose work is this?" Jungkook asked, pointing at the photo. "I wish to meet its artist."

"The artist is anonymous," I quickly lied, my hands fisting into a ball with guilt. "Calm down. Shanshan."

He looked at me again, my heart pumping faster at his glance. "Then may I ask where you bought this?"

"Is he interested in the photo or the artist?" I didn't know what to answer. I could not focus. I felt like I was going to faint because of his presence. "I should think of a wise answer fast." Calmy, I crossed my hands behind my back before answering. "This was just donated that's why we can not sell it, and the photographer's name was written as anonymous, so we don't really have any idea where it came from."

"Ah," he replied with disappointment. He scratched his neck and sighed, revealing more tattoos hidden in the sleeve of his dark sweater. "I really want to have this. I wonder why this thing is here," I heard him mumble to himself, making me bite my lower lip with a bad conscience.

"Jungkookah, why are you so interested in that photo?" Jimin stepped in and patted his shoulder. The older hyung couldn't understand why he wanted to take the artwork so much. "Cheer up! There are lots of more beautiful paintings you can choose around the hall."

"That's true. Listen to your hyung."

"They're photos, Jimin," RM corrected him.

"We are really sorry we can't sell this to you. If you like, you can see other works in the hallway," I suggested while observing Jungkook quietly. "Can't he really recognize me?"

"Hm. Sorry for troubling you." He eventually gave up. He took a brief glimpse at the photo before Jimin pulled him away from the place, a disappointed expression taking over his face while they left. 

I let out a soft gasp of relief and turned my attention to the rapper artist, who was scratching his forehead with embarrassment. "I'm really sorry about that. I don't understand well why he suddenly wanted this photo. He's also passionate about arts but I never saw him so interested in an artwork."

"It's okay," I just smiled at him. "Anyway, you made it to our exhibit. I guess you have a day off today," I chuckled. "Thank you for coming. It's such an honor to have BTS come to our exhibition."

"Yeah, my friends wanted to see some inspiration in writing their songs, so I thought of bringing them here." He answered, his eyes glistening. "Our eyes and mind are blessed with your creative displays. I guess I could finish writing a whole song tonight."

Suddenly, someone nudged me on my side. I almost forgot that Lily had been standing with me decades ago. Looking at her puppy eyes trying to indicate something, I made a silent scoff before clearing my throat and facing the rapper again.

"Uh, uhm... this is my friend Lily, a pro photographer." I introduced her to him, although I felt sorry for Min-ho, who was looking at me with strong disagreement. "Gosh, I could smell something burning. The smoke of jealousy already entering my nose."

"L-lily...? Ah," the artist bowed to her.

"Nice to meet you! I wish to work with BTS one day," she greeted enthusiastically. "You're so handsome in person, oh my goood!!" She threw her hands on her cheeks, cupping them with glee while I watched at them with pursed lips.

Kim Namjoon chuckled and looked on the ground, unable to control his shy smile. "I know you! I look forward to working with you too. You were the photographer behind the concept photos of Got7 last year. The photos came out great."

"Oh really, you saw my works??!" Lily was thrilled.

Min-ho and I waited for them to exchange conversation while I grinned at Min-ho's face forming an uncomfortable expression observing them.

"Rapmon-hyung!" Jungkook's voice echoed through the hallway. I saw him motion RM to join them after realizing that his voice was too loud.

"Oh, I have to go now," Namjoon said politely, ending his conversation with Lily. He looked at us again and bowed. "Thank you. We'll visit again next time."

We said farewell and watched him leave with the other two members until they turned around the corner and were out of sight.

Lily was still in cloud nine as Min-ho stepped towards the display.

"Why is Jungkook so desperate for this photo?" He wondered loudly while examining the photo like it was a big deal.

I sighed and shook my head. "Wrap it and give it to him before they leave."

"Eh?" Min-ho and Lily turned to me in surprise. "Suddenly?"

"Just tell him it's a gift," I said stubbornly while crossing my arms. I didn't want them to ask any more questions before they could learn about my past friendship.

I looked at the photo again. "I wanted to make up for lying to him."

^^. . ^^

^^Photo: by Fact Fact No Mi

https://discover.hubpages.com/entertainment/BTS-Bangtan-Boys-Omelas-Theory ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 1.1K 48
"Promise me to stay by my side. Believe me while no one does and hold my hand while I am falling apart. Can you?" "Yah...what with that? It's weird...
5.8K 410 33
He was young, but he knew pain beyond his years. She was innocent, but she didn't shy away from darkness. They grew up together. Separate hopes and...
208 41 14
"Could you never feel that it was always you and no one else. I mean yes, I do hang out a lot with him but he has always been just a friend. And that...
1.1M 47.5K 78
Him: If you were not his daughter you would not end up here y/n: what are you saying.. let me go Him: you wish Y/n: aahh stop please it hurts Him:...