We are one - HTTYD FanFic (Th...

By ZombieBeheader

I turn to the boy as he thrusts his flaming sword towards me. I dodge and I kick the sword out of his hands a... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1 - Blood bruises and scars
Chapter 2 - Getting to know my friends...and foes
Chapter 3 - Meeting the Chiefs mother
Chapter 4 - Hiccup actually cries
Chapter 5 - Wildsouls
Chapter 7 - How does whips and chains sound?
Chapter 8 - Shirtless
Chapter 9 - Hugger
Chapter 10 - Banished
Chapter 11 - The pain of love
Chapter 12 - Vigilantes
Chapter 13 - Take a leap of Faith or a fall of Fear
Chapter 14 - A trail of kisses
Chapter 15 - The fall of the Night Fury
Chapter 16 - Blue Tattoo?
Chapter 17 - Pain...it hurts
Chapter 18 - Splitting skin
A/N
Chapter 19 - Dragon Racing with style
Chapter 20 - Take my heart
Chapter 21 - Burning skin
Chapter 22 - The Heart of a Chief and the Soul of a Dragon
Chapter 23 - Shirtless...again
Chapter 25 - Teeth and claws
A/N - Writing Tips
Chapter 25 - Rogue and Blind
Chapter 26 - Finding a cure
Chapter 27 - The missing Harmony
Chapter 28 - Snoggletog
Chapter 29 - ...Uh?
Chapter 30 - Stolen Child

Chapter 6 - Talking about the perks of puberty

2.3K 71 375
By ZombieBeheader

Chapter 6 - Talking about the perks of puberty

Its been a few days since I have arrived here on Berk. And in those few days, I haven't met anyone new.

Okay, let me explain.

I have stayed at Hiccups place, helping Valka with the things that Valka does. I have swept, cooked, cleaned, sown, washed dragons, played around with Cloudjumper, read, write, lying on a bed, bored. I have been out a few times, only to get ingredients and stuff for Valka. Hiccup has been doing Chief stuff, so he hasn't been around as much. He eats at Meade hall, but sometimes eats at home. He promises that he will show me around more when he gets a free day.

He and I have gotten close.

Friend wise.

Two nights ago, I had a dream. Or a nightmare. It was when Hiccup was punched, and he cracked his head open.

But...but in the dream...he died.

I had sat up, screaming, tears falling past my cheeks. Hiccup got up and sat on the bed with me and he started talking to me, to clam me down. He ended up giving me a hug because I was so freaked out.

He told me about the Red Death and how he met Toothless. Toothless grumbled through the whole thing, saying things like, 'No, I didn't' and 'actually, Astrid did that' and 'Im not a useless reptile. If it wasn't for me, it wouldn't just be your leg that is missing.'

He also told me about Drago, but I already knew heaps about him. He was the reason I was on the run.

Let's just say that Drago can hold a grudge.

Everyone thinks he's dead but Hiccup knows he's not. I know he's not as well. Drago doesn't die that easily.

Hiccup told me about how he met his mother, and how he found out more about dragons than what he could fathom.

And, I told him a few things.

I told him my life in the wild. But I left out the Wildsoul part, and the boys I nearly killed, and my encounter with 'Whoes name I shall not say.' I mean the back-stabbing-hair-twirling-mother-hugger. Remember him?

Actually, I left out a few things. But I felt comfortable sitting there, talking to him. He didn't ask about the dream, he totally avoided the topic of dreams.

I haven't had a dream...like...like that...that detailed before. That vivid. It was...it was scary.

I have been wondering about that lady I found in the tunnels, but I haven't really been worrying.

She stays down there, and I stay up here.

Simple.

And that girl I saw with the mead...I have to her more details on her. I haven't asked Hiccup yet, for I am worried that something will happen to her if I did.

I showed Hiccup the burn mark on my arm, and since I was in my Wildsoul form, it didn't hurt as much as it would If I was normal Ember.

Hiccup's jaw nearly feel off when he saw it.

And, when I was getting changed the day after, right in my shoulder blade of the slashed wing are three massive, claw marks that standout on my skin.

I didn't show Hiccup those.

Right now, I am in the bathroom, looking at my suit that I am wearing. I have made a sleeve and sewn it on, and I didn't bother with more armour pads. I sigh as I look at the two large holes on my shoulder blades, and the hole at my tail bone.

You should wear it more often he had said. It suits you.

I like it. I'll admit that, but what of the holes? I can't seal them up because this is what I wear in my Wildsoul form.

Just cover them then!

I face palm my forehead and I grab a cloth from the basket of material Valka has and I cut a hole in the middle. I return to the bathroom and I put my head through the hole and smile. Now, a rag covers my shoulders and shoulder blades, and it matches my outfit.

Now what about the tailbone one...

Clicking my fingers, I dash upstairs and grab my belt and put it on. It covers the hole, and, it can just shift upwards to make room for my tail.

I look to my bare feet.

"Oh, I have the perfect shoes for those!" says Valka as I walk into the kitchen.

Before I can say anything, she rushes into her room and I hear some banging and she returns with these black boots that clip up on the sides.

"You like?" asks Valka. "Made 'em myself back when I was your age. Didn't know that Stoick still kept 'em."

Sighing, I slip on the shoes and clip them up. They fit nicely and they are surprisingly comfy and light, easy to run in.

"Oh, thank you" I say. "Thank you."

She beams, then hits her head. "Yak milk! I totally forgot! We need yak milk!" She hands me two runes and shoos me out the door. "Go! Get a bottle. MAKE SURE ITS THE GOOD STUFF!" she calls.

Nodding back to her, I venture into the streets of Berk.

I want to meet people. I really do, but it would be better with Hiccup because he would know the person, and he is Chief. He knows what to do.

I look to the runes in my burnt hand.

If you weren't in Wildsoul form, you would still be suffering. Actually, you would of died.

Sighing, I place the runes in my little pouch on my belt and I enter the markets.

Lately I've been thinking about that rouge thought of mine that happened a few nights ago...when I thought...um, that...that Hiccup was gorgeous.

It doesn't matter of I think he is or not, he's with Astrid, and it's safer for him that way.

I'm not...I wouldn't want a relationship with him anyway.

Some dragons walk past, giving me a brief nod before walking off.

Oh, remember with StormFly and Toothless, how I closed my eyes and then opened them and they knew I was a Wildsoul? Well, I had made my eyes turn to slits, so that's how they figured it out.

I walk past a bunch of children playing, and one bumps into me, making me stumble a little.

"Oh! I'm sorry" she says tapping my leg.

I smile. "It's okay, I'm clumsy too."

"What's your name?"

Her hair is black and it spills over her small shoulders. Her brown eyes are wide and curious. She looks around six or seven.

"The name is Ember."

She giggles. "My name is Ester. WE BOTH START WITH E!"

I smile. "Isn't that lovely!"

She giggles again, then runs off to catch up with her friends, shouting "SEE YA E-BUDDY!"

I slightly wave and I keep walking towards the stall selling yak milk. The plump lady looks at me, her cheeks rosy. Her brown hair is tied into a bun and she wears the classic Viking helmet.

"Hello, what would you like?" she asks, her accent Scottish like most Vikings.

"One regular jar of yak milk please " I ask and she bends down and grabs a bottle, placing it on the table.

"That'll be three runes."

"Three?"

She nods. "Prices gone up, sorry kid."

I sigh, annoyed.

For one, she called me kid. And two, she's charging me three runes.

"Since when is it three runes?" I ask.

She sighs. "McMillar down dat road is sell'n some yak milk and I ain't doing good business lately. Had to make the prices go up."

I dig into the pouch and pull out the two runes. "But I only have two."

She shrugs. "It's three or nothing."

Groaning, I pull out another rune from my pocket. Valka has been paying me for my services so I have money to use for things that I want, like clothes and weapons. Not yak milk.

I hand her the two runes and I am about to pass her the third one when someone grabs my hand, stopping me.

Warmth ripples through me at his touch and I know who it is already.

"It's okay" says Hiccup. "I'll pay."

Standing there like an idiot, I watch Hiccup pay for the milk and he gives me the two runes back.

"Keep'em" he says and I slip them into my pouch.

"Thanks" I say as we walk away from the lady. "The milk is for your mom anyway."

"Another bottle? She had like, three yesturday."

I laugh. "Well, looks like your moms a Milk-aholic."

He rolls his eyes, then clears his throat. "Toothless!"

Toothless comes barging through the crowds and he licks Hiccups face, making him cringe. Ruthless is not far behind, pouncing beside me before licking my face.

"Ew!" I exclaim and she laughs.

Hiccup flicks the excess saliva off at Toothless and he straps the bottle to his harness and he looks him in the eye. "Take this back to Valka in once piece, co-peesh?"

He said her name again. He didn't call her mom.

Toothless nods and trots off towards the house, Ruthless right behind him.

Hiccup clears his throat. "Toady is my free day."

I smile. "Really?"

He puffs out his chest and speaks in a low, Scottish voice, "A Chief should spend his free time wisely" he says, walking with wide arm swings.

I laugh. "Yep. Very wise to spend it with me."

He nods, returning to his normal self. "My thoughts exactly."

"So" I say, clasping my hands together. "Where to?"

"Gobber."

"Who?"

"A friend."

"Who names their kid Gobber?"

"The people who are afraid of gnomes and trolls."

I roll my eyes and we walk to Gobbers workshop. I walk beside Hiccup, our shoulders just touching when we make our way through the crowd, making heat ripple through me.

"So you wore it" says Hiccup, looking down at my clothes. "The cloth draped over the shoulders just adds your creative flare."

I smirk. "Yep. I think it suits me nicely."

He points to my shoulder armour. "Hey, we match. One arm of armour."

I feel my cheeks reddening so I look away. "Oh yeah, I just realised."

More silence follows as he takes me to the metal shop. We walk through the entry way and I immediately duck my head out of the way of some metal hanging from the roof.

"Oh Grump! You stupid dragon!" exclaims a voice. "Do you not listen?"

I hear a grunt. 'Nope.'

"You can be sorry all you want but I won't forgive ya."

I hear a grunt. 'I didn't say I was sorry.'

"Nah" says the voice. "I'm not listening to you."

I stifle a laugh and Hiccup makes it around the corner and I see the man and the dragon.

Gobber is a round man with his jaw thick and square. He has a long, blond moustache that dangles from under his nose and he has a metal tooth. He has a peg leg, awkwardly made as it thin and brittle looking on his thick, chunky body. He also has a wooden arm and his shirt is ripped, making him look scruffy and he is covered in ash and soot.

Grump is a Hotburple. A large, lazy dragon that it's in the boulder class of dragon.

Gobber spots us and smiles, screwing a hook onto his arm piece. "Well Hiccup, is this the Redhead Night Fury girl with enchanting purple eyes you were talking about?"

Redhead?

I think he means well, but I don't think he's one of those people that actually think before they speak.

Hang on.

Did he just say Enchanting purple eyes?

Hiccups face reddens slightly. "Y-Yeah. Gobber, this is Ember, Ember, Gobber."

Gobber holds out his undamaged hand and I shake it.

He yawns, stretching his back. "Well, I would say something about myself but I'm an open book."

"That's strange" says Hiccup, doing his weird shoulder shrug "since, I don't think you can even read."

Gobber gives Hiccup a cold look, then turns to me, tapping his hook onto Hiccups chest. "Don't be fooled by his devilish looks Ember. He used to be a little squirt when he was younger. Puberty just did him a favour. A big one at that."

I bite my lip to contain my laughter and Hiccup blushes further.

He puts his hands on his face. "Oh Gobber--"

"I tell ya, Astrid wouldn't of given two hoots if Hiccup looked like...like little...well, little-er Hiccup."

I smirk. "That's one of the perks of puberty."

Hiccups face goes even redder. "Guys, can you please just sto--"

Gobber grabs Hiccups arm and jiggles it about. "He's even got a stringy bit of meat on his bones! That's a new record!"

Hiccup groans. "Gobber--"

"Actually! I think it's muscles! Oh my, what a favour puberty did for ya."

"You are worse than Valka" groans Hiccup.

Ther he goes again. Calling her Valka.

Then Gobber tries to take his shirt off.

"Gobber! What you doing!" exclaims Hiccup, pushing the Viking away from him, trying to hold his shirt down as Gobber tries to undo it.

"You have to see his muscles Ember! If I were a girl, I would be all over him. Lucky Astrid!"

I start laughing, a blush creeping up on my cheeks.

Hiccup pushes Gobber away from him, fixing his shirt. "News flash Gobber, Astrid has never seen me shirtless. Never."

"Hang on, what about last week? What were you doing that night? I hear commotion from your room--"

"T-That was Toothless trying to tackle me! Gobber! It wasn't--"

"Sounded more like you and Astrid were trying to tackle each other" he says, wiggling his eyebrows.

My face goes red.

"GOBBER--!"

"Here" says Gobber, handing me a sheet of paper, ignoring Hiccup. "That's what he used to look like. None of"-- he gestures to Hiccup, looking unsure--"this."

"But you just gestured to all of me" replies Hiccup.

"That's right" says Gobber. "None of...none of...all of you."

He has really bad grammar.

I unfold the piece of paper and I smile when I see what it it.

A young Hiccup.

But my smile fades as I really look at the painting. He...he looks familiar. I can't remember where. But I have seen him before...when he was this age. But...but where? And when?

"That was when he was fifteen" says Gobber.

I snap back into reality and I feel my mouth drop open.

Fifteen. Where was I when I was fifteen?

With the back-stabbing-hair-twirling-mother-hugger.

Oh, right.

"No. Not fifteen" I say.

"Oh yeah."

"Awwww" I say, jumping from one foot to the other. "Hiccup. YOU LOOK SO ADORABLE! You're so cute." He stares at me weirdly and I clear my throat. "Like puppy dog cute."

Hiccups face was rounder and he wore a simple green shirt, brown leggings and brown, fur boots with a brown fur coat.

I have definitely seen him somewhere. But when? Why can't I remember?

"I can't believe you were fifteen" I say.

He rubs his neck. "Yeah. Don't have to rub it in."

"I'm sorry, you just...you were probably the cutest Viking. Ever."

"And the smartest" he murmurs.

"Wow" I say. "Puberty really did slap you in the face hard. Wow."

Hiccups face reddens and I smirk at his reaction. Gobber smiles and throws his arm around Hiccup. "Yep. The little munchkin of Berk actually grew up to be a fine specimen. The finest."

"Seriously" says Hiccup, a little annoyed at Gobber.

I flick my hair our of my face. "I wouldn't say the finest specimen. I mean, sure, he's got that square jaw and that stubble that most normal girls would fall head over heels for. And he's got a pretty lean build and stuff. I would say he's average, but I wouldn't say he's the finest."

"Wait what?" says Hiccup. "Y-you are saying that this"--he gestures to himself--"this, isn't the finest?"

No.

I pucker my lips. "Yep."

"Then who is?" he asks.

"Hmmm..." I tap my chin and look to the roof. Then I click my fingers and look back to Hiccup. "Snotlout. Definitely Snotlout" I smirk.

"You M'lady are blind" he says, pointing at my eye. "Very, very badly blind."

I roll my eyes. "Hiccup, just cause Astrid said you were good looking, doesn't mean you are."

Oh, but he is.

"Pfft" he says, waving me off. "She isn't the only one who has said that."

I smirk. "Your mother doesn't count Hiccup; they all say that, doesn't matter how ugly you really look."

He glares at me. "You're...you're just...mean."

"Aw" I say, patting his shoulder. "I'm sorry for speaking the truth."

He sighs and a smile creeps onto his face. Hiccup and I are like this, always joking around with each other.

That's the thing about Boys, they are easy to insult because they don't take it personally.

But girls. It's like they are on their period everyday! It's so frustrating! I can't say a thing without them snapping at me and storming off! What is with that?

Hiccup rakes his hair with his hands and looks to me. "Did you look like a five year old at the age of fifteen?"

I remember my round face and big eyes. I have always had a lean build, but being a Wildsoul gives me strength and looks. But I still did have a baby face at fifteen.

Actually...I didn't look too different from Hiccup, like with my body frame and such.

I snort. "You betcha! Puberty slapped me so hard. That's why your are drooling as I speak."

Hiccup looks shocked and he rubs his hand on his lip and I laugh.

"You weren't actually drooling Hiccup" I laugh. "I was joking."

He blushes further. "Oh." He clears his throat and turns to Gobber. "Okay, enough about Puberty, is the study free?" he asks.

Gobber smiles. "Yep. Just don't do any funny business up there" he says, wiggling his hook in front of my face.

Hiccup and I both roll our eyes and I put my hand on my hip, lean forward and I wiggle my finger in front of his face. "And you best not be doing any funny business down here. We have to walk back through here, you know."

Gobber chuckles, slapping Hiccups back, making him stumble forwards before catching himself.

"Oh my!" says Gobber in fits of laughter. "I like this one Hiccup. She's a keeper!"

Rolling my eyes, I follow Hiccup through the shop and he leads me up some stairs. He opens a door and inside is a small room with a desk and strung across the walls are sketches and designs of so many kinds.

I see some sketches of armour, suits, swords, machines, a Night Fury tail fin.

I whistle in awe.

Hiccup smiles, grabbing a candle and lighting the room up further, revealing more sketches and drawings.

"This is where I invent" he says. "When I have an idea, I write it in my notebook then it is straight back to the study to write it out."

I see some designs of a flying suit and I smirk when I see it.

Looks like I've found another free spirit.

As I look at the sketches, something catches my eye.

I close in on the bit of red that is concealed by other sketches. I bend down and move the pages out of the way and I stare at what I see.

Me.

Red hair covers my shoulders and my eyes are red with fire, the corners flickering with small flames. My skin is pale and three, thin scars lay on the corner of my left eye. My skin has bright green veins crawling up my neck and they stop on my jaw. Some peek out from my bangs. My face looks like I am sad, like I am stuck. Like I am in trouble. Actually...I look scared. Scared is a better word to use.

"W-What's this?" I ask, grabbing it off the wall and showing him.

Hiccup freezes when he sees it and he just stares at it.

"Hiccup?"

He gingerly takes it from my hands and he peers at it closely.

"Hiccup" I whisper.

It's me. The red hair, the flames, the scars. That's all me. The veins are another thing, but it's me.

It's me.

How does he have a picture of me?
Did he do it when I was at home with Valka? Did he draw it?

"Hicc--"

"I had a dream."

"A dream?"

He nods, peering closer at the image. "A few nights ago. The night before you had your Nightmare."

Yeah, and you were in it.

"When I was here?"

He nods. "I saw...her" he says, nodding to the image. "She was crying, she was scared. She was surrounded by burning buildings and roaring fire. I...I drew her. I can never place who she is. She looks so...so familiar."

Silence.

"Hiccup. It's me."

He peers at the picture closely. "But the scars--"

I move my hair away from the left side of my face and Hiccup stares at the scars that lay there.

They cut into my skin like small rivers, and I remember the dragon that caused it, and I remember the pain. I shudder.

He jumps back, finally seeing what I am seeing."Woah."

"This is unexpected" I murmur.

He takes the image from me and scrunches it up and throws it in the bin. He rolls his shoulders and turns to me.

I stand here shocked.

"It was junk."

"It was a good drawing."

"Isn't it a little freaky? I drew a picture of you, from a dream. That's beyond creepy."

I sigh. "I guess--"

"Good" he says, raking his hair with his hands. "Cause that is just freaking me out."

I rub his back encouragingly and warmth ripples through me at his touch. He sighs, blowing a bang out of his eyes. He slightly smiles and I then slowly grab his arm, giving it a friendly squeeze. Heat ripples through me once again.

"Hiccup, it's not weird. It's not like there is something wrong with you. You just dreamt about me."

He snorts. "Yep. Dreaming about people is totally normal."

"It means you care about me. I'm not some girl who you have to be with, and you have to show around. You actually care about me. I'm your friend."

He smiles. "Yeah, you are."

I release his arm and I place my hand on his shoulder. Warmth ripples through me. "And you know Hiccup, there isn't many people around who actually care about me."

"Tuffnut, Fishlegs ans Snotlout do."

I punch his arm playfully and he laughs, rubbing the spot.

"I'm being serious" I say, blowing hair out of my eyes. "So far, it's really only you. Maybe Valka, but she's a mom. She's like...years older than me. But we are the same age."

"We were born on the same day" he says, slightly smiling.

"Exactly!" I say, throwing my hands up into the air. "Since we are the same age...exactly, we are best of friends."

He smiles. "Sometimes it's hard to wrap my head around the fact that I've only known you for like...four days."

"Four days? Feels like an eternity."

He laughs. "If only."

I open my mouth to say something but then Gobber yells up "Oi! What are you guys doing up there? I hope you guys aren't snogging each other."

Hiccups face goes red and I burst out laughing. "Oh Gobber! You can do magic!" I rush down the stairs and to him. "You can make Hiccup turn red!"

Gobber starts laughing his head off uncontrollably. "Oh Hiccup...y-you...oh my...oh...Hic-Hiccup you are...are...--"

"Maybe you should stop Gobber before you seriously hurt yourself."

He chuckles again. "Oh my!" he laughs. "This girl is going to be the death of me!"

Sighing, I wave goodbye and Hiccup and I walk out of there as quickly, but as politely as we can.

I stifle a laugh. "Wow."

He groans. "Gobber can...well...he's just...Gobber."

I let out a small laugh. "He reminds me of Gerdrim."

"Who?" asks Hiccup.

"Gerdrim was the guy at my old village that used to make the metal. He was like Gobber. Just the way he acts and such. He made me these small axes for me once, and I remember always throwing them around. He was so...so kind."

I don't realise I have a tear running down my face until Hiccup wipes it away. Warmth ripples through me at his touch and I smile.

"Thanks" I say, regaining myself.

He shrugs. "I think I'll take you to see Gothi now. She's the--"

"Oi Hiccup!"

We both turn around and a man lands with his dragon, a Rumblehorn. He has blue markings under his chin and thick, bulky muscle. His brown hair is back into a pony tail and his voice is slightly British in accent.

No.

"We found that nest of dragons up west. Took us bloody forever. I don't get how--"

"YOU!" I roar.

Before I know what I am doing, I rush at Eret and I punch him in the jaw, sending him flying backwards. I kick him in the stomach, sending him flying a few metres.

He gets up, swaying a bit and he looks to me. Recognition crosses his face. "Emb--"

I roar and punch him the nose, making blood spurt out and he stumbles back. I thrust my leg up and kick him in the jaw, making him stumble further back. I land a jab to his jaw, then another, and another so fast, I don't even see my fists contacting Eret's skin.

Strong arms lock around my arms and warmth ripples through me, making me instantly calm down.

Eret wipes blood from his nose and mouth, looking at me like he's seen a ghost. "I didn't--"

"Shut up!" I snap. I feel tears threatening to spill but I blink them back. "Shut up Eret! OR I WILL SHUT IT FOR YOU!"

"Ember" says Hiccups sweet voice. "Calm down, you're making a scene."

I take a deep breath and I calm myself. Some people stop to see what is going on.

This is the last thing you wanted to do; make a scene.

I stop moving and Hiccup slowly removes his hands away from me.

"Why are you here?" I snap at Eret.

He crosses his arms over his chest. "Believe it or not princess, I am a good guy."

I laugh. "Eret, son of Eret, a good guy? Last time I saw you, you still liked stalking young girls."

His face hardens. "You were the only girl and I had orders."

"TO KILL ME!"

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey" rushes Hiccup, placing his hand on my shoulder, making warmth ripple through me. "Don't spaz. You don't want to beat Eret up anymore."

Eret's dragon snorts. 'He deserved it though.'

"You have a dragon?" I ask, scoffing. "That's just a piece of--"

"His name is Skullcrusher. Used to be Stoicks and...and I took it over for him."

"If I were Stoick, I would rise from my grave and strangle you for even breathing on my dragon."

"Whoa whoa whoa" says Hiccup. "What's this about?"

"He tried to kill me" I spit.

"She nearly killed Drago. It's her fault."

"It's not my fault! It was his fault that he took those dragons! I was just helping them--"

"No, you just had to be the hero and save them. Then Drago was on your tail for years. It was your fault."

"Why you little--" I take a step forward towards Eret but Hiccup grabs my arm and warmth ripples through me.

"Now hold on" says Hiccup. A few people have gathered around us, to see what the commotion is about but one look from Hiccup sends them scurrying away. "You nearly killed Drago?"

I nod, a little calmer now and Hiccup releases me. "Yeah. Nearly. He was supposedly buried in a glacier collapse that I triggered, but then a month later I have Trappers from Drago on my tail! And guess who was in charge."

Eret rolls his eyes. "It's not like I wanted to kill you. Drago made me. He hated you for nearly killing him and he wanted because your a Wil--"

"Slim it" I spit and Eret raises an eyebrow. "Just. Slim. It."

Hiccup furrows his eyebrows. "A what?"

Eret smirks. "Because she was a wild one. He likes feisty women."

"You...you tried to kill...Ember?" asks Hiccup, eyes wide.

Eret raises his hands up in surrender. "I only did it because I was forced to. Believe me, I'm not that guy anymore."

"You better not be" I spit. "Because if you are, I'm going to reconstruct your face with my bare hands. And you know I can."

I stalk away from Eret and I feel the tears coming back but I chug them down.

Don't cry. Don't start crying.

I wrap my arms around myself and I hear the roar of thunder and I look up to see dark clouds swirling above me.

Oh, the gods hate me.

A Monstrous Nightmare runs past, hitting me with it's tail, making me stumble back and in to the mud.

And then it starts to rain.

Thanks Thor. Thank you very much. I love rain, did you know that?

I lay there in the mud, taking deep breaths in...and out. Warm hands grab me and lift me up, making warmth ripple through me, and I know who it is.

"Hiccup" I sigh. "Leave me in the mud."

He sighs, looking up to the dark clouds and the rain. "But I don't want you in the mud."

"But mud is warm. But mud is calming. Mud is mud."

"I'm warmer" he says, smiling.

"But mud is pure. And mud is welcoming. Mud is mud."

"Are you going to start writing a poem about mud?" smirks Hiccup.

I smile, wiping dripping wet hair out of my face. "Yep. And you are going to be in it."

His eyebrow furrows at my devious look. "What--"

I push him into the mud and laugh. He grabs my leg, tripping me up so I fall into the mud. I pick a clump of it up and throw it at him, getting his face. He stands, kicking some mud into my face.

"Come on" says Hiccup. "We should go home now."

We both head home. The rain picks up and we are absolutely soaking, and we haven't even walked that far. I slip on some mud and Hiccup grabs my hand, steadying me. Warmth ripples through me at his touch. I grip his hand, afraid that I will fall flat on my face.

We make it to Hiccups place and we burst through the doors, laughing, soaking from rain and mud. Valka comes around the corner and her gaze lands on our conjoined hands.

I slowly let go of his hand and the warmth recedes.

"Friends can hold hands" I say as I walk past her and to the bathroom.

That's right, isn't it?

________________________

OOOHHHH...LOOKS LIKE ERET KNOWS SOMETHING!

AND WHAT OF THESE DREAMS HICCUP IS HAVING...?

AND HAS EMBER ACTUALLY MET HICCUP BEFORE...?

WILL BE MORE AND WILL BE MISTAKES!

<-------PIC on side is Hiccup & Astrid from HTTYD and httyd2. Puberty has done it's job well.

I was just writing one of the later chapters and I started crying!

UGH! THE EMOTIONS!!!!

YAY!!! SOMANY VIEWS!! MAKE SURE TO SPAM THAT LIKE BUTTON AND COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

Oh, and seriously, there's a war going on. Hiccstrid vs Hiccber.

I FEEL SO SPECIAL! <3

And I need a name to call you guys...should I call you guys dragons, riders or wildsouls?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

708K 16.3K 57
It's the story of a young Viking. Actually, he isn't that young anymore. He's 23 years old now. His name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. 8 years ag...
72.6K 2.1K 18
ᯐ 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟐 ( 𝙷𝙾𝚆 𝚃𝙾 𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙸𝙽 𝚈𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙳𝚁𝙰𝙶𝙾𝙽 𝟸 ) ─────────────────── ❝ 𝐈𝐌 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈'𝐌 �...
36.3K 614 10
A Nightlight a species of the 'Unholy' offspring of death a Night fury and a Light fury, this is Y/n she is a Nightlight and a very powerful one, she...
461K 6.7K 41
A story about Hiccup and Astrid on Berk. They are now 21. Takes place after httyd 2. This is my first story ever so please don't hate. Sorry if I hav...