ππ‘π„π„π™π„ππ‹πŽπ‚πŠπ’β”€β”€β”€β”€...

By fioryxvs

ππ‘π„π„π™π„ππ‹πŽπ‚πŠπ’. ꧂ She may contain the urge to run away but hold her down with soggy clothes and ... More

BREEZEBLOCKS
DISCLAIMERS
00. prologue
01. welcome to outerbanks
02. dangerous pogues
03. shut up, whipped ass
04. sure thing, barbie
05. romantic rafe
06. why is this our fault
07. it's always her way
08. hello, ghost girl
09. kate can be a bitch sometimes
10. summon the demons
11. mr sandman
12. expensive bracelet
13. sarah cameron, the home invader
15. i saved you dad
16. time to get this asshole

14. the least favorite

745 27 18
By fioryxvs

──── CHAPTER FOURTEEN, the least favorite

THE NEXT DAYS, the couple had a routine where Kate visited her boyfriend in the morning, then in the afternoon and in the night, sometimes she would stay to sleep; she preferred that than being home with her mom. She would bring Rafe some food stolen from her kitchen, she didn't know how to cook but there were some snacks, enough for Rafe to survive until he comes back home ━━ assuming he will.

After eating they would watch some movies while hugging, kisses and forget about what's happening outside that house; just a couple in their 20's trying to live the best of their life.

One night, Kate couldn't make it and Rafe decided to bring some beer and weed at the house because of how overwhelmed he felt, he haven't really talked to his father and he doesn't think he will by the way Ward treated him but he could try... he could try win his father back, again. He will show his father a lesson and give him a bunch of reasons why he should be the favorite, not Sarah, it was always meant to be him the favorite, he's the first born after all.

The guy ended up so drunk and high he would say meaningless words and talking to himself about how much he missed Kate and went through his phone pictures to see some pics of them together, some were way before she left for college, both looking so young, he even remembers every event before and after those pics, wether the fought or were at their best as a couple, the guy was too in love with the blonde; the only girl or even the only person who would bring out the best of him.

And he fell asleep in the balcony, with his phone on his chest.

The following day, Kate arrives ━━ quickly, thanks to Rafe who gave her a copy of the keys. And the first thing she does is to look for her boyfriend, she obviously missed him as clingy as that can be, according to her. She looked for him everywhere except the balcony, where she went last and saw a sleepy and drunk Rafe, she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not here and the first thing you do is getting drunk, how nice Rafe." She goes for a glass of water and pour the water to his face, he immediately got up and looked confused.

"What the hell? What are you doing?" He asked with his raspy voice, taking the water off his eyes. For him, she could act like a mom sometimes adorable and sometimes horrible.

"Seriously? I'm not here for one night and you decide to get drunk and fucking high!" She took some beers that were in front of him in the table and throw them away.

"Hey" she ignored him. "Babe" The girl keep taking the bottles to throw them. "Katherine, you have to stop that". She ignores, again. "Kate!" He yelled at her and the female blonde finally stopped, turning her head to him.

"You know what I've been through, please don't do that. Don't act as if I did something wrong and now you're disappointed of me. Not you." He took her by the side of her head. "It's painful enough to have my dad feeling that way about me but It would kill me if you felt like that about me" he was obviously still drunk, that's what she thought.

"I'm not. It just feels like ━━ I have to take care of you every single time and I know that's what we're supposed to do, to support each other but, it's exhausting to think something could happen to you if I'm not there" she already had watery eyes and her hands taking him by the waist.

His took some parts of her hair off her face. "Listen, nothing's gonna happen to me" Kate rolled her eyes and about to speak but he interrupted. "Nothing. The only reason why would happen something it's if you ever decide to waste our years together and leave me, for good." Her face went down completely when she heard him, his voice sounded completely different and serious.

"I wouldn't leave you" she responded dryly.

"I know babe, that's why I'm sure everything's gonna be great between us" he left a kiss in her nose and walked back to the balcony, sitting in the big couch, waiting for Kate to sit down next to him.

The couple now next to each other kept silent, Kate crossed her arms until she saw a magazine with tons of naked girls and she stared at Rafe. "I don't even wanna know" she forced a smile, pursing her lips, taking the magazine to throw it somewhere else.

Rafe only laughed and puts his hands on her waist, leaving kisses on her neck; trying to get far than that but a girly voice interrupted him.

"Rafe!" The couple turned their heads and Rafe took his hands from her. "This is a sweet crib. How'd you con the Glissons into letting you crash here?"

"I, uh..." he turned his head nervously to Kate who was also interested in his answer. "I didn't tell them is how, all right?" And before the Thornton one could protested he continued. "They're in sun valley all summer, so keep a lid on it, please." He excused.

"I mean, as long as you let me stay here whenever I want."

"Yeah... dad trying to kick you out too?" And Kate raised a brow, he wouldn't do that to a 13 year old right?

"Wait, is he doing it to you too Wheezie?"

The younger girl sighs. "No, he's doing worse. I'm officially the least favorite daughter" she sits in front of Kate.

"Huh, welcome to the club. You're not alone in this" Kate throws herself back in the seat and crosses her legs, making Rafe resting his hand on her knee.

"Funny right? All three of us, but yeah, Sarah and dad are going to the bahamas and did they invite me? Nope." Kate felt kinda bad for Wheezie, she is too young to experience that feeling, the one where your own family ignore you and make you think you don't exist and don't deserve love.

The blonde girl instantly felt Rafe's body tensing, his hand in her knees tighten a little bit and he looks at her as 'can you believe it?' look.

"Wait. They're ━━ they're going to the Bahama house? In summer?"

"Yeah. I mean, according to Rose, it's 'business'" nah, it has to be something else why they're going.

The couple instantly look at each other, knowing it could be mean something else. Maybe about the gold. "I mean, they're all up in some new development, and for some super-secret reason, they're going to the Bahamas."

"You know, I know about like, a billion times more about the business than she does. What━━ what is this?" He gets up from his seat causing for Kate to chew her inside cheek.

"Ugh, we're the black sheep. Get used to it, Rafe. You should know about that more, I mean, I just noticed it but you've been feeling it since the day Sarah was born, besides there's the fact that Kate is also the least favorite, you know, mommy issues... baaa!" Ouch, hurtful but it was true, Kate can't even remember her mom telling her how much he loves her or something that a regular mom would do.

She didn't realize how bad the situation with her mom was until Wheezie talk, yeah, she's well aware their relation is toxic but calling it 'mommy issues?' that's gotta be something big, if only she'd gone with the therapist on time.

"Hey! Shut up!" He grabbed his sister. "Wheezie, I told you to shut up, okay? Don't say anything about my girl like that"

"Don't tell me to shut up!" The silence could be heard until the younger Cameron throws money to Rafe's chest. "Here, my life savings".

And Rafe losing his dignity picks up the money from the floor, barely doing it, he still had a headache from last night, and after doing it he returns to his seat. "I'll pay back"

"Whenever" Kate was never that close to Wheezie but they kind like each other, but how could they not? She's been dating her brother for many years, and yet she well knows Rafe's little sister got scared a little bit.

"Thank you, Wheezie. For real, you and I are the only ones who are actually helping him and not taking him for granted." Kate licked her lips and looked at the younger girl.

Rafe clears his throat "I know this looks really bad right night and everything, but... like, I'm gonna get my shit together, okay? Like, I will. I'm gonna get it tight, like you know" he bangs his knuckles against the table. "Like real tight. You'll see" that didn't make any sense, maybe a little bit but it was obvious he wasn't in his 5 senses.

Kate faked a smile "Thank you, again, Wheezie. For coming and you know, help him. You want me to get you back home?" She got up once the kid nodded and Rafe takes her hand before she could walk away.

"Don't leave me. You promised you won't leave, baby, don't do it please" his look is lost and brighter, as if he was about to cry.

"I'm not, I'll be back. I'm just gonna leave her at home all right? Make sure she's okay." She calmed him and leaves a kiss on his cheek. "Let's go, Wheezie."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ONCE KATE PARKED IN FRONT of the Cameron's mansion she didn't know Ward and Rose were in the back of their house, talking about his escape with his daughter. They were so into their drama they didn't notice their younger daughter living the house to give her money to the older one, who's trying to live by himself.

"You know" kate sighed. "It gets worse, you know? being the least favorite, the feeling of being alone that no one get it and you're by yourself drowning in a glass of water, yeah, I kinda get it but when you're a teen, it's terrible, those years are the worst. Any tiny problem you think of it as the biggest of all, you feel attacked everytime." She was looking in front of her, having little flashbacks.

"What's your point, Kate?" The younger girl was confused by the blonde's words.

"My point is... take care of yourself because it'll get worse. Be strong." She smiled at Wheezie, trying to make her feel better. Again, she's not a good adviser but she tries, only for the people she can care about.

"Thank you, I guess━━ now I fully know why Rafe is into you, besides the pretty look" Wheezie pointed up and down towards Kate with her hand, making the last one laugh a little bit.

"Aw, you think I'm pretty?" The older Thornton was really trying to cheer her up. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you were nice to me."

"Yeah, well, you're not that great with advising but at least you're pretty" and she got off the car. "Thank you for the ride, Kate"

"No problem." She responded even if the girl was already inside the house, she stayed for a few minutes.

She's realized she has to go back to Rafe and help him to clean and for him to look a little less messy, she felt mentally exhausted to be angry at him. He has to stop doing drugs but that wasn't on her hands, she's tried to help him but it seems nothing would work, everything has been in vain. She felt incapable to rescue her boyfriend from that feeling, the one you have when you think you're doing everything in your hands to make the most important person important person in your life proud but they don't appreciate it, they don't care.

All she could think about was, how would Rafe react once he knows her plan? Would he be a comprehensive boyfriend just like the movies or the asshole who doesn't get it, break up and everything gets weird.

Kate heard her phone, letting her know Rafe sent her a message. She immediately frowned and put her phone down, driving home. What could it be about?

I'll pick you up. Be ready.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

950K 31.6K 58
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
94.8K 1.8K 29
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
1.5M 48.1K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
258K 5.7K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.