15. i saved you dad

──── CHAPTER FIFTEEN, i saved you dad

        SINCE DAY ONE OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP, Kate and Rafe would protect each other from the others; nothing new. But it's because of all the problems they had in the past, since both of them were kids they would experience parenting abandonment not necessarily physically but mentally, the worst kind. When they started to date, they developed a strong attachment to each other. But of course they would, both looking for the feeling to be important and loved by someone, if their parents aren't giving them that, they would do it for each other.

        For the couple it's them against the world.

        Rafe showed in front of her house to pick her up and once she got in, he started to drive fast; but not as usual, the girl could notice something was happening.

        "Rafe what's going on? Why are you driving so fast?" Kate could feel her heart racing, she was a fan of speed but not in a street where they could crash in a house or with a car.

        "I'm following my dad, he has to know I'm the better son, I should be the one in that plane with him you know? I... I've been supporting him since day one, helping him with business, keeping all together, I was doing something Kate ━━ I DESERVE EVERYTHING!" He never slowed down, not even with his girlfriend in there. Rafe was too focus on what his dad was doing, who he was choosing, for him it's been always that way, even after everything he's done, Ward will always prefer Sarah.

        Kate kinda understood she's been feeling like that since her mom wanted her to be the way the older woman couldn't, but at least she had Topper to rely on, Cynthia never had a favorite children that's the difference; she's been always so distant to her kids that they're not used to paternal love and they look for love in their partners, just look at Topper and the way he got so in love with Sarah that he still loves her and tries to get her back; he got so attached to her and Kate is also that type of person but if they wanna leave it's okay, sometimes she feels she doesn't deserve the love she gets. She won't beg for them not to leave, he could be hurt but never begging.

        Once the couple arrives where Ward is, Rafe opened the car glove box and took a dark bag where he had a gun which made Kate open her mouth and eyes, she never had a clue he would have a gun in his own truck, all this time they went out there was a gun hid in somewhere, they guy gets out of the car and opened the door for Kate who is still shock, Rafe takes her arm.

        "Rafe, what the fuck are you doing with a gun?" She asked in a normal voice and Rafe shut her down putting his index finger on his mouth, hiding behind a plane while holding the gun behind him.

        Was he gonna use it? Why are they there? and most importantly why is sheriff Peterkin accusing her father in law of a murderer, everything went crazy, everybody is but since when there's been a lot of drama in the outer banks? She missed when everything was normal, she was having a normal life, bothering her brother, spending time with Rafe and her friends, what the hell happened?