Let Me In || Jungwon

By bluexpoem

The youngest son of of one of the richest families in Korea meets the housekeeper's quirky daughter. Will she... More

1 - Let Me In Your Kingdom
2 - Rich Girl
3 - The School
4 - Troublemaker
5 - Suspicious
6 - Curry Anyone?
7 - Eyes on You
8 - My Heart Is All Weird
9 - Unforgiven
10 - Melting The Ice
11 - Heart is For Sale
12 - What Are We?
13 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire
14 - The Truth Untold
15 - Some
16 - Pucker Up
18 - The Existence of You to Me
19 - Let Me In Your Heart
20 - Love Language
21 - Enemies Forever
22 - I'll protect you
23 - Sweet & Sour
24 - You're My Warmth
25 - Hello Ghost?!
26 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
27 - Blue
28 - My Biggest Supporter
29 - Moving On
30 - Meet Him Among Them
31 - Scouted
32 - Through the Night
33 - You, Me, Us
34 - Together Always...?
35 - Still With You
Will there be a sequel??
The Sequel Is Out!!

17 - Enough

5.8K 292 442
By bluexpoem

Daehyun is suddenly pushed against the wall by Jungwon. 

His eyebrows are furrowed and his lips are pursed together. I've never seen Jungwon this mad before. 

"What are you doing to her?" He questions.

Daehyun puts his hands up, "Just a friendly kiss. Shouldn't you be out there with your girlfriend, Jayun?"

Jungwon scoffs, "Friendly? My ass..."

"Hyung, we didn't do anything!" Daehyun yells. 

Jungwon doesn't buy it and pushes Daehyun out the exit.

He walks back over to me still looking angry. He sits on the edge of the library's desk and exhales.

I walk over to him, "T-Thank you for defending me."

"Daehyun... that jerk... he tests my patience everyday," he says looking down.

He then looks up at me, "Are you okay?"

"Physically or emotionally?" I question back. He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Jungwon, I-" I pause. I haven't even said anything yet I feel so embarrassed.

He reaches over and grabs my hand to pull me closer to him.

"What's wrong?" He questions softly.

"This," I say pointing back and forth between the two of us.

"Jungwon, we almost..." I pause again. "Kissed up there," I continue in a whisper.

"I still need to give you my ans-"

"No," I cut him off. "Jungwon, you have a girlfriend. Whether you actually like her or not, whether you want to be in a relationship with her or not, it's not right for you to almost kiss me and then go downstairs and kiss her!"

He stands up and looks down at me, "Sunni, that was for the cameras. I didn't mean it-"

"See? And how would it make you and I look? Our whole school knows that you and Jayun are dating. Your parents, your friends, and the whole nation," I say. "Did you see how Heeseung looked at me earlier? 'Oh you're not Jayun'."

I sigh, "No matter how much I li-"

I stop myself from continuing my sentence. Though it's quite obvious that I do, in fact, like Jungwon. Saying it out into the universe is a whole different thing. 

"No matter how much you what?" He questions. "Finish your sentence."

I shake my head, "It's not important."

"To me, it is," He says softly.

"No, Jungwon... just go back to Jayun," I say before walking out.

*******

"Hey Sunni!"

"Sup Sunni!"

"How ya doing Sunni!"

I walk through the hallways of school being greeted by almost everybody. Smiling faces and many waves by so many people I've never even talked to.

What's up with this new found fame?

This is good start into the morning coming from the sleepless nights I've been having. Since Saturday, I couldn't think about anything else but Jungwon and it's driving me insane!

I wish my life was simple when I was still living in our tiny one bedroom apartment and I still attended Inhun. Life was amazing... but then I wouldn't have met Jungwon.

Gosh, why is everything so complicated?

I make my way into my classroom and  see Jungwon and Jayun already seated at their usual spot, once was mine.

I make eye contact with Jungwon, but I quickly look away.

As soon as I sit down, Daehyun sits next to me.

What the heck?

"Can you not sit next to me you jerk?" I say to him with attitude.

"You know you love me," Daehyun replies back. 

"No, I actually don't," I say back seriously.

Daehyun doesn't budge and decides to sit there throughout the first period. 

As much as I would've loved to ignored him, he kept staring at me throughout class making me feel mad uncomfy. Like what's his deal?

First him trying to aggressively kiss me then to him looking at me while he's actually sitting next to me? I rather for him to pour a smoothie over me.

"Now class before I hand out the permission slips for our class trip this weekend, I would also like to remind you guys of our semester dance happening this Friday," Ms. Lee announces.

That's right, I totally forgot. 

Ms. Lee announced the class trip and the formal weeks ago, but  I was too focused on the talent show to pay any attention to it.

"Different than the Spring, this is a boy's ask dance, so ladies be prepared to receive a special flower throughout the week, and boys keep in mind, you only get one flower to ask that special girl," Ms. Lee explains.

Ms. Lee then starts to pass out the permission slips for the school trip.

Luckily, the cost is covered by our tuition fees which Mrs. Yang covered. Unluckily, I'm basically on my own during this trip.

I already know Jungwon is going to give his flower to Jayun. I mean, it's not like he has a choice. The flowers are given directly from the boys themselves.

I start to think how depressing it's going to be when no one hands me a flower.

*******

"Here ya go!" Exclaims Daehyun as he puts a soda on my desk.

I look at him confused with gimbap in my mouth.

I push the soda away with my chopstick, "No way, you poisoned this."

Daehyun chuckles, "It's not even open."

"That's how sneaky you are now leave my sight!" I yell then stuff another piece into my mouth.

He huffs then gets close to my face, "You gotta little something here," he then places his thumb on his lips.

What the-

I smack him with my chopsticks making him bump back into the desk in front of mines. 

What a literal psycho to touch me! 

"Ya!" He shouts at me.

I look at him unbothered and continue to stuff my cheeks with gimbap. 

He pushes the soda can in front of me, "I bought this for you! Now drink it!"

I roll my eyes. I knew his aggressive behavior was going to come out sooner or later. This weird act he's trying to pull off is not working.

I grab my gimbap roll and stand up.

"I can get my own soda," I turn around and walk toward the exit of the classroom all sassy like. 

Who is he to talk to me like that?

I approach the exit, but I'm blocked by a chest.

I know exactly who this is.

Jungwon grabs my hand and puts a soda can in it.

He looks off into the classroom, "Don't let anybody buy you soda except for me," he says then looks back down at me.

I scoff, "Why? You want to seem special to me or something?"

He smirks then grabs a piece of gimbap.

"Exactly," he says then plops the piece into his mouth.

"Jungwon," I whisper. "Did you forget the conversation we had? You can't be treating me like this."

He purses his lips together and looks up, "Mm, you know what I realized? You have no right to be mad at me."

"Eh?" I let out a little too loudly.

He leans down to me. "The only reason I'm dating Jayun is for you and your mom," he whispers.

"But Jungwon, this is a commitment you decided to make on your own. I'm grateful, but at the same time this is your life at stake," I whisper before taking breather. 

"You forget that not only am I not going to be living with you forever, but because of this commitment, you're actually going to have to marry her," I finish.

Jungwon then looks down. 

I sigh, "Me and my mom will be fine, but if you're going to still continue with this, don't lead me on."

I give him back the soda can and leave the classroom to go to the vending machine.

- 3rd Person PoV -

"Ms. Kim come in!" Says Mrs. Yang to Ms. Kim.

Ms. Kim seats herself down in Mrs. Yang office, confused at the matter since the last time she was seated here, was when she got hired for another position.

"I have to talk to you about something," Mrs. Yang says.

Whatever it may be, Ms. Kim expectations are low considering Mrs. Yang loves to give surprises. Surprises that aren't too shocking for Ms. Kim however.

Mrs. Yang continues to hover and spy on Jungwon, and she does it with no remorse knowing how much her son hates it.

Mrs. Yang pulls out pictures of Jungwon and Sunni from when they first practiced together to when they were dancing on the ballroom last Saturday.

Luckily, Jungwon was able to sneak away from the spiers when he and Sunni went to go "talk." Otherwise, Mrs. Yang would've let all hell loose.

Ms. Kim picks up the pictures hesitantly. 

Her eyes goes crazy, looking at each picture of Sunni with Jungwon.

Of course she thinks it's a bit odd for someone like Jungwon to be hanging out with someone like Sunni, but what is making her blood boil is these pictures of Sunni that was taken without her permission.

"I was a little skeptical of the last picture since she was wearing a mask, but I'm pretty sure that's indeed your daughter," Mrs. Yang says pointing at the ball picture.

"I don't understand," Ms. Kim says. "Why do you have pictures of my daughter?"

"Now Ms. Kim, I certainly only spy on Jungwon, but he happens to be with her a lot which is kind of a problem, " Mrs. Yang answers.

Ms. Kim puts down the pictures and furrows her eyebrows.

"Now how is that a problem?" She questions.

Ms. Kim, out of all people, is confused of their friendship, but to see Jungwon smiling the way that he is in these photos makes Ms. Kim feel like Sunni is a wonderful addition to his life.

"Well as you know my son is dating the daughter of CEO Sim Jaehyuk who runs a huge construction company. With our partnership, Yang industries will be unstoppable," Mrs. Yang starts to explain.

Ms. Kim still remains confused.

"I concluded that my son has... quite a liking to your daughter, and I find that unacceptable. With someone as suitable as Sim Jayun, we can not afford my son to run away from an opportunity like this," Mrs. Yang finishes.

Ms. Kim is taken back by her words. "Excuse you?"

"Excuse me?" Mrs. Yang questions.

"Are you saying that Sunni isn't as suitable as this Jayun chick?" 

"Chick?" Mrs. Yang repeats in question. 

"Yea "chick,"... you're saying my daughter isn't suitable!" Ms. Kim yells.

"If I'm being honest. She doesn't have class nor is she from a wealthy family-"

"Now I'm going to stop you right there," Ms. Kim then stands up. "My daughter is quite the funky one, yes I have to admit that! But to say she isn't from a wealthy family is solely on you!"

Mrs. Yang eyes widen from Ms. Kim's words.

"I've worked for you way before both of our children were born. Not only was I your only housekeeper, but I was your housekeeper who busted her ass before sunrise till after sunset!" Ms. Kim yells.

"You've underpaid me for nearly 20 years! I've known teenagers who got paid more than me from just working at the grocery store! Just my rent alone would've been you spending a dollar!" Ms. Kim continues.

"Now Ms. Kim-"

"No!" Ms. Kim puts her palm up. "My daughter is suitable for anybody despite her class! I won't tolerate this anymore!"

Ms. Kim starts to make her way towards the door.

"Ms. Kim where are you going?!" Mrs. Yang shouts.

"I quit!"

*******

- Sunni PoV -

"Why are you walking with me?" I ask Jungwon as we're on our path to go home.

Jungwon hasn't walked with me home in what seems like forever. Now that I basically told him to back off, he does the opposite.

"I'm simply walking home," he answers.

I roll my eyes at him, "Walk ahead of me or behind me. I don't want anybody to see us together."

"Are you going to practice when you get home?" He asks me completely ignoring my previous statement.

Jungwon's stubbornness is coming out and I don't like it one bit.

"Why do you care?" I ask him with attitude.

He scoffs then stops in his tracks.

"Kim Sunni," he says seriously facing towards me.

I stop walking to look at him.

"I have feelings too you know," he says. "Just because you tell me to turn them off doesn't mean they automatically go away."

I exhale, "Well distance yourself from me. You've done it before...I'm sure you can do it again."

I continue walking, not waiting to hear his response.

The rest of the way, Jungwon stayed behind me. 

I do feel my heart clenching from what I said to him. He's the last person I would want to be distanced from me, but it's for the better.

I unlock the front door and open it to see me and my mom's suitcases lined up.

What is going on?

I stop in the doorway, shocked at the familiar scene. 

"Why are you just..." Jungwon's voice fades as he approaches behind me.

"What's going on?" He questions me.

"I wouldn't know," I answer with my body and face still.

"You're the only person I trust!!" We hear in the distance.

We then see my mom come downstairs with more luggage with a distress Mrs. Yang following behind her.

My eyes widen to see her in such a state.

For the first time I'm seeing her without her heels and her hair down looking like a mess.

Did the queen get overthrown?

My mom approaches me and forcefully puts the luggage handle in my hand.

"Lets go honey, we're leaving," she says.

"What?!" Me and Jungwon shout.

Mrs. Yang grabs my mom's arm.

"See your daughter doesn't want to leave, so reconsider your decision!" Mrs. Yang pleads.

My mom shakes her off, "I'm tired of your ass. I hope you're happy in hell!"

My mom starts to push me out the door moving Jungwon out the way.

"But mom, Toto!!" I shout.

"We'll get him later!" She shouts and opens the cab door for me.

My mom rushes to put our luggage in with Mrs. Yang basically begging for her to stay.

My mom ignores her and tells the cab driver to take off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 15.6K 33
"𝗹𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗮 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲... 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘀." school's troublesome student tries to lead on one of t...
35.7K 1.6K 42
"𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚....." "𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢?" ╰┈➤ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏɴ/ᴇɴʜʏᴘᴇɴ ꜰꜰ Ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣⓔⓓ - 𝟸𝟹 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟹 Ⓕⓘⓝⓘⓢⓗⓔⓓ - 𝟷𝟿 𝙽...
427K 20.4K 43
"jungwon.. c-can you do me a small favor..?" "depends. what is it?" "be my boyfriend."
238K 11.9K 14
𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ✓ 𝙱𝙴𝙶𝙸𝙽 : RUN AWAY ? ❝ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝, 𝐡𝐲𝐮𝐧𝐠. 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮...