Strangers?Or Not? ONGOING

By _idkhowtowrite_

Fate has brought them to the same city. Unsaid words, incomplete arguments, and a strange promise tie them to... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 - 1
Chapter 16 - 2
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 8

35 2 2
By _idkhowtowrite_

I have a surprise for you!! Please make sure to check out the authors' note at the end ;)

2021

"Good movie," Pragya said.

"Mmhmm, perfect blend of comedy and tragedy," Shreya replied with a laugh.

"Agreed!" I said.

"Nah, it was predictable," Anquit said.

"And why is that?" Shreya raised an eyebrow at him.

"It's always the heroine, no big deal. I don't get why he was so surprised."

"I second that," Rohit pitched in.

"Because he trusted her and she broke it. He was bound to be shocked." Pragya said for all of us.

"I agree," Vishal said.

"Well, if you guys say so; in my 24 years of life, if there's anything I have learnt, it's not to trust people blindly," Anquit replied.

"That's on your trust issues then," Shreya said.

"Indeed, it may be." Anquit shrugged at her.

We were all at the Infiniti Mall in Andheri. Work had been going smoothly for a week and Mrs. Sabharwal had let us leave super-early today. Since Pragya's job allowed her the freedom to leave whenever as long as she worked late to cover up on other days, she could join us too. We decided to go watch a movie followed by dinner since we all had a lot of time on our hands. The plan was so impromptu that we decided to just go to the theater and watch the movie that was playing next. Even if it was a flop. That would give us all a funny memory. The one we did end up watching, however, wasn't. We'd gotten out of the theater just now, and were discussing the plot of the movie.

Just then, a phone started ringing. It was Anquit's.

"I got to take this," He said as he walked a few metres away. We all stood there in a circle, making sure we weren't blocking the way for other people, and waited for him to finish so we could go have dinner. All of us were too lazy to leave the mall so the food court would have to do.

Just then, Anquit came back. He had the phone in his hand, a little away from his ears, as if he and the person he was talking to weren't done yet.

"Yo, Pragya, remember I'd told you you'd get to meet my fiancee soon? Well, she wants to meet all my friends."

He asked all of us, well, the three of us mainly. I guess his colleagues have already met her and wouldn't mind. "Wait, now?" Pragya's eyes widened in shock.

"Yea, if it isn't too much trouble, she could join us for dinner..."

"No, of course not, we'd love to. So she's coming here?" Shreya said.

"Yeah, I guess. She's currently caught up a little at work but she said she can join us soon."

"Oh, that's great!" I replied with a shrug.

I could feel his gaze on me as he resumed talking to his fiancee. I looked at him and gave him a smile, which he returned. Once he had told her that we were fine with her joining us, we headed to the food court.

A while later, Anquit's phone rang again, he picked it up and started looking around; I guess she's here. Just then, we saw a woman walking towards our table. she smiled at all of us. Anquit got up to hug her, asking her,

"Yaha pahunchne mai koi dikkat toh nahi hui?" (Hope you didn't have any trouble in reaching here)

She nodded her head in denial before pulling a chair and sitting down.

All this time, I must have been staring at her. God, she was pretty. It was clear as day that she did not have any makeup on, except for probably lipstick, but she looked like a goddess. It was the kind of effortless beauty you come across very rarely. She had the kind of grace and elegance you'd expect to see in like the royal family. For some reason, she reminded me of Aditi Rao Hydari. The only actress I know who looked so pretty doing practically anything. Both of them were the kind of people who would never have any bad pictures. Whatever face they made, they would still look good in the picture. She was currently catching up with Rohit and Vishal. She was so friendly with them. That's when she turned towards us.

"Hey guys! My name's Saishree. You probably already know this but Anquit and I are engaged to be married in December." She said before extending her hand to Shreya. Shreya introduced herself and Saishree moved on to shake hands with me. Well, the three of us were sitting next to each other in a line of sorts so she was going from person to person.

"Hey, I'm Ishvika,"

Saishree turned to Anquit, raising her eyebrows at him, "From junior college?"

Wait, what? Oh right, they're getting married so they must know everything about each other.

"Yes, the very same," I replied before he could even react.

I wonder if she knows that we're ex-boyfriend and girlfriend.

Then she turned towards Pragya who shook hands with her before saying,

"Pragya, also from junior college,"

She chuckled before responding with a "Guessed as much,"

As the night continued, Saishree engaged in conversation with all of us. And not even for a minute did it feel like we had just met. It felt like we'd known each other our entire lives. Nevertheless, it was clear that Anquit and Saishree were head over heels in love. They could be sitting at two ends of a 100-seater dining table and you would still be able to sense it. It was visible in the rapport they shared. Both of them always knew what the other was thinking. They were completing each others' sentences throughout dinner.

About half an hour later, all of us were on our way back home. The three of us had parted ways with the others at the mall. We stayed not very far away from each other so we got an UberPool. I was checking for any mails from the office on my phone when Pragya asked the both of us, "So, what do you think about Saishree?"

Knowing this was going to be a long discussion, I kept my phone away.

Shreya must have been speaking for the both of us when she said, "She's so good yaar. Did you see how pretty she looked?" (Yaar: Dude)

Pragya also agreed, "Yes, it was like 'Stop with the good looks already ma'am, we're fucking dying here,'"

"Yeah, she's got showstopper energy, and she doesn't even realise it," I said.

"Haina, she turns heads; and doesn't know she does." Shreya agreed with me. (Haina: Exactly)

Pragya was talking almost animatedly by now, "Exactly! And she has no ego about it. Matlab itna down-to-earth kisi ko nahi dekha hai aaj tak." (As in I've never met someone who's so down-to-earth)

We both agreed with her. By then, Shreya's stop was near and she bid the both of us a good night before alighting from the taxi. As we took off from her place, I saw Pragya looking out the window, as if staring at something in the distance.

"Hey," I said softly.

"Hmm?"

"Kya soch rahi hai?" (What are you thinking?)

"Kuch nahi," she smiled tiredly at me. (Nothing)

I knew better though."Looks like someone's jealous," I nudged her.

"Oh shut up! She's engaged. And obviously straight. Besides, you should be jealous, not me."

She could pretend it didn't affect her but the slight redness of her cheeks visible in the dim light of the taxi said otherwise. "So you mean if she wasn't engaged, there would have been hope? And how many times should I tell you, I'm not jealous. I don't have any feelings for him. Just a lot of regret."

"Maybe; none of your business!" she sniggered. "Wait, why regret?" She asked as an afterthought.

"Whatever!" I rolled my eyes at the first part of her statement. "Bola toh tha, because of how everything went down back then. And now I'm worried ki I won't get the closure I'm looking for."

"Aur woh kyun?" She asked.

"Because what if it fucks up their rishta? Matlab, I know ki chances almost negative hai par if I start pulling out skeletons from the closet aise when we already have so much history, aur fir agar unki mangni tut jaayegi ya aise kuch, I would never be able to forgive myself for it. And did you see them aaj? Fucking made for each other." (Because what if it affects their relations? I mean, I know that the chances are next to none but if I start bringing up old things like this when we already have so much history between us and it results in their engagement being called off or something like that, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. And did you see them today? They looked like they were made for each other.)

"But what about you then?"

"What about me?"

"Teri feelings ka kya?"

"It doesn't matter. Itne saal rahi hoon na aise hi. Aur reh loongi." I said with a heavy heart. (I've lived like this for so long. What's a little while longer)

"Okay look, if they are made for each other like you said, then their relationship is stronger than one closet skeleton or one ex making a re-entry in their lives. It's still your choice but that's what I think."

"Hmm true, but I can't be that selfish yaar," I knew she was right but at the same time I don't think she knew all the details of what had happened between us. I could not do that to him.

"Okayyyy," she said slowly before shrugging.

I internally heaved a sigh of relief. At least she wasn't disappointed in me.

"By the way, did you hear his opinion about the movie? He really said it's always the heroine. So predictable! Predictable my ass. Noone saw that betrayal coming," she started saying in an attempt to change the conversation.

"I know right!" I agreed, rolling my eyes.

Wait a minute

The heroine breaks the hero's trust...in his 24 years of life, he's learnt not to trust people blindly.

Fuck!

Could that be because of...

Me?

***

2014

The past few days had gone by so fast. It was like I was stuck in a trance. At any and all times of the day, my mind kept going back to the dilemma I had so conveniently put myself in. I wasn't sure of my own feelings. Did I like him? Or did I just like the...I don't know, attention we got? I couldn't tell any of our friends because I know for a fact that he'll know in milliseconds. I had tried asking myself why I like him but had gotten nowhere. Here's an example of how that went.

Why do I like you-know-who (not Voldemort of course):

He knows how to make me laugh when I don't want to(yeah by irritating you; sure makes a lot of sense).

He's cute(kind of? idk).

We vibe very well.

Pretty sure that list crossed all the levels of lameness. Ugh!

I'm brought back to reality by my mother yelling from the kitchen to come have dinner. The three of us always had dinner together. The only rule being no gadgets allowed at the dining table. And with me being so distracted I doubt I could get away with being lost in my thoughts. My parents love to joke around, especially when we're having dinner, mainly because my father has a very busy office schedule and this is the only family bonding time we get. And they make the best out of it. I love them for it but not today mumma, I'm sorry.

The next day at school too I was lost in my thoughts. I seriously need help.

"Thinking about me?" I heard Anquit saying beside me. All of our friends had deserted us in the classroom. Again. He was smirking at me.

"And why would I do that?" I retorted. If only he knew how right he was.

"Because you're in love with me, That's why, duh!"

"Pfft! Please, not in a million years!"

"So you hate me?" He asks in a fake disappointed voice.

"Maybe," I shrugged.

"Really?" He was full-on sulking now.

"Aww, let's just say I don't dislike you," I laughed at his antics.

You guys Strangers? Or Not? turns one today chwudwfdwhfskjsksk aaaa. I remember first coming up with this idea last year. Back then, a part of me was proud of myself for coming up with such a genius idea and another part of me was convinced that it's the lamest thing on the planet lmao. Eventually, it took me more than six months to grow a spine and actually write something worthwhile. And I'm glad that I did.

Here's a HHHHHUUUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE THANK YOU to every single one of you who's reading this. I hope you stay till the end:) And a little gift from me for y'all to celebrate<3

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6kwjaozRKVnpN8JFnZj3os?si=8b6417559eab46fc (commenting it because I don't think the link would work otherwise)

Also, congratulations! Now you know my real name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 665 60
UNDER VERY SLOW EDITING!! This book was earlier titled as 'Story of two Strangers: from Friends to Soulmates❤'... This book was earlier titled as 'SO...
770K 38.5K 67
Reva Kholi X Ansh Jindal Arrange marriage Love at first sight ______________________________________________ An Indian heart warming love story ...
459K 20.7K 44
Dreaming about the bright future with her husband, she entered in to hell with beast or heartless himself. She was dreaming about him. While his onl...
12.2K 826 28
Parineet Rajeev Bajwa. She doesn't resonate with this name anymore. She can't be married to a guy like him. A pathetic one. What did she do to deserv...