Thalassophile // JJ Maybank

By 22_rayna_22

๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š•๐šŠ๐šœ๐šœ๐š˜๐š™๐š‘๐š’๐š•๐šŽ : ๐š•๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŠ Franklin moves to the Outer Banks after a tragic a... More

๐–ข๐–บ๐—Œ๐—
๐–ฏ๐—…๐–บ๐—’๐—…๐—‚๐—Œ๐—
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42๏ฟผ
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue
Shout Out
Update!

Chapter 34

3.4K 60 26
By 22_rayna_22

I knew today the Pogues were planning on going after the gold. Guilt had consumed me all day, knowing I wasn't even allowed to step outside, let alone help them.

Both my parents had to work today, leaving me home alone with the dog. I sat on the living room floor, Flynn's head in my lap. I scratched behind his ears as he stared up at me. I think he could sense the extra stress I was putting on myself.

The day was long and boring. I missed home, I missed my mom. And I missed my brother.

"Come on." I say to Flynn, standing up.

I grab a ball from the toy bin just outside the back door before heading into the backyard. Flynn follows after me before running big circles around the yard excitedly. A small smile forms on my lips as I toss the ball to the retriever. He jumps, catching it, before bringing it back over to me.

Before long the sun was starting to set, turning the sky a mix of pinks and purples. The sun glowing a vibrant orange as it disappeared into the horizon. You could hear the waves crashing against the rocks from my back yard, creating a serene environment.

I hear the back door slide open. My dad's loud voice cutting through the quiet air.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I turn, looking at him. "Getting fresh air. You're home early."

"Get inside, now." I roll my eyes as I stand up, following the man back inside. "Do you not realize how irresponsible you're being?" He questions.

"You can't keep me trapped in here all day."

"I am your father and you will do as I say."

"I don't get it. You didn't care about me at all until right now."

"That's not true at all."

"You haven't been around at all since I got here. And as soon as I start to fit in you take that away from me."

"Your actions have been very disappointing lately."

"Well I'm sorry that I'm such a fucking disappointment to you!"

"Watch your language!"

"Look, I'm not who you think. I'm not some stuck up, straight edge Kook from Figure 8. I'm a competitive surfer from Australia. I live with my single mom because my dad decided we weren't good enough anymore."

"Franklin Elle Taylor!"

"My last name is Young. Young! I'm barely even your daughter."

"God dammit, Franklin!" My dad shouts. "You need to stop hanging out with those damn Pogues."

"What did you just say?" My voice drops in pure anger.

"I don't want you seeing them anymore."

"Why? Because they believe in something other than money?"

"Don't talk to me like that, young lady."

"Those are my friends dad. That's all I have here. All you do is tell me I'm doing everything wrong and that I'm a disappointment to you."

"Franklin." My dad warns.

"No, Dad! You don't get to decide what's best for me anymore. I'm done." I whirl around quickly and run up the stairs to my bedroom. Angry tears were burning in my eyes, threatening to spill over.

I collapse onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I missed my mom, and I missed Australia, but I couldn't leave my friends. And I loved the Outer Banks.

Soon enough, the emotional exhaustion from the day takes over my body. I fall into a deep sleep, curled up on the edge of my bed.

I'm woken up a couple hours later when a light knock sounds from my window. I pick my head up to see JJ squatting in front of my closed window.

I get up from my bed and make my way over to him. I slide open the window, allowing him inside.

"Franklin! Holy shit!" He voices excitedly. "We got it!" JJ cheers quietly, closing the window. "We got the gold."

"Oh my god!" I say excitedly. JJ let's out a laugh, picking me up around the waist. He spins around with me in his arms making me giggle. My laugh fades as he sets me back on the ground. My smile falls from my face, guilt once again setting in.

"What's wrong?" JJ asks, noting my change in mood.

"I missed it all."

"That's okay."

"No, they already all don't like me. Kiara hates me because I'm a Kook or whatever. Sarah, I have to be friends through association. I'm no use for anyone. My dad hates me, my stepmom barely knows me, my mom shipped me off to another country and my brother killed himself. I'm useless."

"That's not true."

"I'm just a big disappointment." I sigh. And I truly believed it.

"Hey, don't say that. I didn't know what it was like to have someone put you above everything until you. You make me feel safe and at home." JJ sucks in a shaky breath. I could see tears welling up in his eyes. "I didn't know how to fix myself, my chaos, until you. You ground me like no one ever could."

"JJ." I say simply. No one had ever talked about me like this. Meeting this boy was the best thing to happen to me in a really long time.

"And holy shit, you're so goddamn beautiful. Like it blows my mind that you exist because you're just so perfect. You have these big blue eyes, and the most adorable dimples. And you're so caring about everyone and I love that about you. Your voice is my favorite sound in the whole fucking world. And I could never get enough of your fucking laugh, and your smile and everything about you."

Tears had begun to form in my eyes. This boy had stolen my heart. He steps toward me, taking my hands.

"Franklin, you are perfect. Everything about you is fucking perfect."

I pull my hands out of his so I could wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into me. I smash my lips into his, kissing him feverishly. His arms wrap tightly around my waist, pulling me flush against him. He kisses me passionately, moving his lips against mine. I let out a soft breath as he pulls me even closer. His hand settles on my hip, holding me in place. I latch my hands onto his t-shirt.

He pulls away, looking at my face. His breaths are fast, his chest heaves up and down. JJ wipes at the tear that had started to make it's way down my cheek.

"You're no disappointment, all right?"

I nod at him. "Thank you." I whisper.

JJ presses another kiss to my lips. "Everything's gonna be okay." He grabs my hand, pulling me over to the bed.

JJ pulls off his t-shirt before handing it to me. I pull off my dress, leaving me in just my bralette and spandex shorts. I throw JJ's muscle tee on before sitting on the edge of the bed.

The blond glances over at me from where he was sat on the bed. "Franklin, talk to me."

"I'm fine. I just got in a fight with my dad. He doesn't want me seeing you guys anymore. Which I'm obviously not going to listen to."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm not. I have you." I meet his gaze. I can't help but feel butterflies rise up in my stomach as we make direct eye contact. JJ grabs my chin with his thumb and pointer finger before leaning down to press a gentle kiss to my lips.

"Come on." JJ lays down on the bed, pulling me with him. I lay my head on his toned chest. His finger tips graze my arm before settling on my hip. "You know I'm not going anywhere, right?"

"I know, J."

"Good." He presses a soft kiss to the top of my head before relaxing into the pillow. "Because I've wanted this since I first saw you."

"What?" I ask softly, slight confusion edging my voice.

"Us." A small smile makes its way to my lips. I look up at him. His eyes trained on mine, full of a familiar look. He had always looked at me the same, eyes filled with adoration. I just hadn't realized until now.

I slowly fall back to sleep, listening to the sound of his beating heart.

a/n: teheheheheh they smooched

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 944 40
At seventeen, Emerson Slaney thought she had everything she wanted with her life in Outer Banks, North Carolina. That is until she finds out a secret...
5.1M 112K 40
โ your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. โž โ i like the noise you make when you shut the fuck up. โž outer banks { jj...
603K 11.9K 69
๐˜ˆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค...
355K 4.4K 38
ยซ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐ข๐๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐’๐š๐ฆ?ยป ยซ ๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ? ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ยป She had never told her secret to anyone, but maybe...