Chapter 33

"What are you doing here?" I ask confused."Are you okay?" I ask. I reach up to his lip, my finger lightly grazes over the cut splitting his lip.

JJ pulls me into a hug, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm okay, alright?" JJ whispers into my hair. I nod against him, pulling him tighter against me.

"I needed to give something to Sarah from John B."

I pull away so I can look at his face. I knew confusion was evident on my own. "What's going on with John B and Sarah?"

"They're macking."

"Wait, what?" I ask shocked.

"Oh they're definitely hard core macking. Anyway, John B has a plan. The g-game is back on."

I shake my head in disbelief. "What? How?"

"I'll explain later, okay?"

"Okay."

JJ starts slowly pushing me backward as we dance. A smile on his face as he watches me. He grabs my hand, spinning me. My dress flares out, catching some eyes of watching Kooks. He pulls me back in, I feel a piece of paper slide into my palm.

"Sarah is behind you." JJ informs me. He dips me, I lift my hand over my head, extending my arm out to Sarah who swiftly takes the note from my hand when I tap her.

Our dancing is brought to a halt when Rafe makes his way over to us, Kelce trailing behind, harassing JJ. Rafe grips his shoulder, whirling JJ around. JJ releases me immediately, avoiding dragging me with him.

"I'm wondering if you could get me a mai tai, my friend."

"Pogue, how about you make that two?" Kelce demands.

"Kook, why don't you fuck off?" I speak up.

"You watch your mouth, little girl." Rafe spits.

"Or what?" I demand. "You'll knock me on my ass again? Go ahead. Do it right here in front of all these people."

"Look, I'm on the clock right now." JJ interrupts. "You guys look spiffy. You know, uh, I got a couple of orders ahead of you, so why don't you guys just go ahead and wait by the bar? Til then, why don't you help yourself to some hors d'oeuvres."

"Guys, JJ's gonna serve us some hors d'oeuvres." Rafe taunts aloud, waving over more Kooks.

"Well, here are the hors d'oeuvres." JJ says before taking off running toward the country club.

I follow after Rafe, catching up so I'm just behind him. My heels click loudly as we reach the solid flooring of the building. The noise echoes through the hall as I run.

I follow them into the men's restroom but I'm stopped when an older man steps in front of me.

"Ma'am, you can't be in here." A man informs me.

"I don't care, my friend needs me. Move please."

"No, I won't let you in." The man steps in front of me.

"My friend is in trouble." I inform the man. When he doesn't budge I push past him. He tries to grab my hand but I yank it out of his grasp and run after the group of boys.

When I finally reach them, I find them surrounding JJ while Kelce has him in a headlock. Rafe stands in front of him, pretending to swing a golf club at him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!" I yell over the boys voices.

"If you could please stop talking? It's very disrespectful. I'm trying to hit a ball. Learn your etiquette, my friend."