Let Me In || Jungwon

By bluexpoem

The youngest son of of one of the richest families in Korea meets the housekeeper's quirky daughter. Will she... More

1 - Let Me In Your Kingdom
2 - Rich Girl
3 - The School
4 - Troublemaker
5 - Suspicious
6 - Curry Anyone?
7 - Eyes on You
8 - My Heart Is All Weird
9 - Unforgiven
10 - Melting The Ice
11 - Heart is For Sale
12 - What Are We?
13 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire
14 - The Truth Untold
15 - Some
17 - Enough
18 - The Existence of You to Me
19 - Let Me In Your Heart
20 - Love Language
21 - Enemies Forever
22 - I'll protect you
23 - Sweet & Sour
24 - You're My Warmth
25 - Hello Ghost?!
26 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
27 - Blue
28 - My Biggest Supporter
29 - Moving On
30 - Meet Him Among Them
31 - Scouted
32 - Through the Night
33 - You, Me, Us
34 - Together Always...?
35 - Still With You
Will there be a sequel??
The Sequel Is Out!!

16 - Pucker Up

6.2K 300 575
By bluexpoem

"I'm afraid to interrupt them.."

Me and Jungwon move our gazes from each other to see Jungwon's buddies surrounding us. 

They're giving us mixed facial expressions from Sunoo's jaw being all the way to the floor to Jake giving us a cheesy smile. 

"Jungwon, what's going on??" Questions Heeseung leading the others to laugh.

Jungwon scoffs and gently lets go of me. 

No, please don't.

"Sorry that I've never told you guys," Jungwon says.

"Had me fooled. I never thought you and Sunni would date," Sunoo says with almost everyone agreeing.

I don't think Jungwon and Sunoo are talking about the same thing.

"I thought you were dating Jayun," says Niki.

"He is," Jayun announces as she shoves through Sunoo and Heeseung. 

Great. The jealous girlfriend is back. 

Jayun grabs Jungwon's hand, "Don't be mistaken. This man is mine."

Jungwon's buddies look at each other. I guess I would be confused also.

Jungwon doesn't say anything despite us having a clear moment. Was I wrong about him having feelings for me also? I swear his eyes told me the answer I was dying to know.

"Take me home," Jayun demands to Jungwon.

Without even letting Jungwon answer back, she forcefully pulls him out of the waiting room leaving me and the guys.

"That was quite something," Sunoo comments.

"So, you two are not dating?" Heesung questions.

I shake my head. "You guys got the wrong impression," I awkwardly laugh it off. Even they saw it. I'm not hallucinating.

"I didn't know you OR Jungwon can sing," Jake changes the subject. "You two were really good up there."

"Thanks," I say with a smile though I am a bit sad.

The guys give me their congratulations and go about their day leaving me pouting alone backstage.

Me and Jungwon never talked about what would happen if we won, but I would've thought we'd celebrate. I didn't even have a conversation with him before he got pulled by Jayun.

Even though Jungwon obviously doesn't like her, I still feel... embarrassingly jealous.

You know what?! Whatever! Why do I have to be jealous?

I am Kim Sunni!!

Kim Sunni who's alone though.

*******

"Toto! We won!!" I exclaim as I hold Toto in the air.

"Meow~" He lets out making me giggle silly. Oh how I love my cute black cat. 

I think I love him more seeing how he looks like Jungwon. 

I let out a sigh and lay on my bed with Toto on my belly.

"Toto, we won, but I feel so down," I start to say as Toto begins to purr. "You know Jungwon... he left with his," I pause. "Girlfriend! Ugh... now I'm here... with only you to keep me company."

"Isn't it unfair Toto? We've worked so hard for him to not even buy me tteokbokki," I pout.

I then flinch from a sudden plastic bag being sat beside my head.

I look up to see Jungwon smirking at me. 

"You don't know how to knock?!" I yell at him.

"And you're talking to Toto as if he's your therapist?" He laughs at me.

"Pfft, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with your beloved Jayun?" I frown.

He sucks in some air, "Well, I dropped her off.. got yelled at for being with you and winning...picked up some tteokbokki.. and now I'm here."

My eyes widen from hearing tteokbokki. I quickly sit up to look through the plastic bag and saw that it was indeed my favorite food.

I beam at the rice cake dish. 

"There you go changing your mood within seconds again," Jungwon says sitting down in front of me on my bed.

I slowly look up at him with a smile and shoot him finger hearts. 

"Thank you!~" I say excitedly.

He bites his lip trying to hold his smile. 

"Okay!" I clap my hands together. "Since you bought me tteokbokki, what do you want?"

He looks up trying to think what he's going to say.

Instant regret fills my body remembering how devilish Jungwon can be. Gosh, maybe I should've put some limits.

"Ah," he lets out then gets close to my face only leaving maybe an inch apart from us.

"A kiss," he says seriously.

My heart starts to beat fast. 

"Yang Jungwon," I softly say looking into his eyes. Well this escalated. 

His eyes move from my eyes to my lips. He slowly starts to close the small gap between us and closes his eyes.

Is he really going to?...

"Yang Jungwon," I say again.

With our lips almost touching, I close my eyes thinking.. that he's actually going to...

*rING RIIING*

I wake up with a gasp. My face feels all icky and I look down to see that I'm still in my school uniform. I must've knocked out once I got home.

I put my face in my hands and groan. It felt so real. Too real.

This is the first time Jungwon has ever been in my dream, and to be dreaming something like that. Like a kiss?! I must have lost my mind to be completely swoon over him.

I hear a couple knocks at my door before it opening to reveal Jongseong in a suit and tie.

My eyes widen, "Jongseong!"

He looks at me up and down, "What are you doing?!"

Huh??

"W-What am I doing?" I question stuttering.

"I sent you a text message like over an hour ago to get dressed!"

I groan, "I just woke up!"

He presses his finger between his eyes, "I felt like this was going to happen since you weren't replying."

He then leaves my room for a split second before returning with a dress that is straight out of a fairytale. 

A beautiful light lilac color, A-line gown with tulle draping on the shoulders, tied with bows and a stunning laced up back. I'm in awe.

"J-Jongseong," I say to him finally getting up from my bed to look at the gown. "I'm confused."

"Remember that masquerade ball me and Jungwon were talking about?" He asks.

I nod.

"Well it's today and it starts in 30 minutes," he informs. 

"But why-"

"Listen, I know Jungwon didn't tell you because he didn't want you to be mixed up with his family affairs but," Jongseong eyes get serious. "I believe you should be there."

"If Jungwon doesn't want me there then I shouldn't-"

"He wants you there. Though he doesn't say it or anything, his facial expressions sure does," Jongseong says before handing me the dress.

"Now get ready, you got a ball to be at..."

*******

"Park Jongseong sir," says the security guard as he checks him off the list.

"She's my plus one," Jongseong says to him. 

The guard nods and signals the other two guards to open the double doors for us.

As expected, the venue is to die for. When we walk in, we're greeted by many servers and cameras that were waiting to take our pictures even though they can't tell who we are because of our masks.

The venue replicates a vintage ballroom from the 1800s. Gold from the stairs to the chandelier, this isn't no joke.

My jaw is practically to the floor when I see women dressed as if they were from that time era. 

We approach the stairs going down to the main floor where I can easily spot Jungwon on the ballroom floor dancing with who I suspect Jayun.

Only he has those kind of shoulders, not to mention his very smooth dance moves. 

"Care for a dance?" Jongseong asks me as he pulls out his hand.

I smile, "It'll be my pleasure."

I take his hand and walk down the stairs onto the ballroom floor. I don't take my eyes of Jungwon who's twirling Jayun around.

I roll my eyes seeing her be all giggly towards him. That should be me, but Jongseong isn't too bad. He was my crush for a long time after all.

Besides, to be at a place like this, wearing this exquisite gown, is ultimately a dream come true. Even if I'm not by Jungwon's side tonight, at least I feel like an absolute princess.

We past by Jungwon, and he takes a double-take when he sees me. 

I smirk, I got his attention. As I should! I mean look at me..

The song changes and I'm caught off guard by everyone doing the same routine.

"Just go along with it," Jongseong says.

The music starts off slow and sweet, but it gradually gets faster. 

With each twirl, we switch partners going around in a circle. 

"Hey you," says Jungwon as he becomes my next partner. 

"How'd you know it's me?" I ask him as he gives me a twirl but doesn't switch partners. 

"You're the only one with un-styled short hair," he replies making me scoff.

"I came here short noticed," I defend before he picks me up in the air and sets me back down.

Does everyone just know what do with this song? This is so new to me.

I let out a laugh from this sudden dance move. "Surprised you can pick me up," I joke with Jungwon.

He scoffs, "I did Taekwondo when I was younger."

"Eh?" I say shocked.

He gives me another twirl and continues to not switch partners.

"You know I was supposed to have danced with two other guys by now?" 

He purses his lips and shakes his head, "No, I think you're supposed to stay with me."

I then shake my head, "You say that now but left me alone yesterday."

Another twirl.

With that last twirl he brings me closer to his chest making me gasp.

"I-I'm sorry," he says.

"You could've at least visited me in my room after you came home," I tell him sadly.

"I did," he starts to say making my eyes widen. "But you were out."

Another twirl.

"Lets get some fresh air," he says suddenly grabbing my arm and leading me upstairs and outside to the balcony.

"What if someone sees us Jungwon?" I question him.

He and I lean on the railing and look at the beautiful scenery of the trees and stars.

I look at Jungwon who doesn't answer my question. Instead he's smiling as if he's content.

I then smile. If he is, then I am too.

He scoots closer to me, "Who did you come here with?"

"Jongseong," I reply making Jungwon snap his head towards me.

"Jongseong... he invited you?" He questions.

I nod, "Mm, he came into my room with this dress in his hand and told me I had 30 minutes to get ready."

Jungwon laughs, "Yet, you look the most beautiful here tonight."

I look at him and he looks at me.

My heart starts to race. Now why did he have to say that? He can probably hear my heart.

I clear my throat and look away.

"You know I had a really weird dream last night," I start to say fiddling my fingers.

"Oh, yea?" He questions. 

"You were in it," I say looking over at him.

He raises his eyebrows, "What an honor." I playfully push him before looking back out to the scenery.

"You bought me tteokbokki for winning the talent show and I asked you what did you want and you said you wanted a kiss," I quickly spit out.

Silence.

"You almost kissed me and that's when the dream stopped," I let out an awkward laugh. "Isn't that absurd?"

I then look over at Jungwon who's looking at me seriously. I gulp.

He turns his body towards me and I do the same.

"What's so absurd about that?" He questions me.

"H-Huh?" I let out. "I don't know... it's just... w-why would you w-want that from me?"

If you stutter one more time Kim Sunni...

He slowly moves closer to me.

"I-It's not like you like me or anything... right?" I question as I look up at him with wide eyes as he gets so close to me.

He cups my cheeks and lifts my head up slightly.

"Do you want an answer for that?" He questions softly.

I nod.

He moves his face closer to mines with his eyes closed.

Someone pinch me. This can not be a dream. No way...

I close my eyes as his nose touches mines. I can feel the warmth of his lips getting closer and closer to mines.

"Jungwon are you out here..." 

We both quickly move away from each other as we turn to see Heeseung looking at us shocked.

"She's not Jayun," Heeseung says pointing at me.

My cheeks get warm from knowing that Heeseung almost saw us kiss. Also the fact that he said that. Even though Jungwon doesn't even see her as a girlfriend, it's not right for me to be doing this.

"What's up?" Jungwon asks him dodging his previous statement.

"Your parents are looking for you," Heeseung answers. 

"Alright, I'll be down in a few," He says then looking back at me.

"I can't go back down without you," Heeseung then says.

Jungwon exhales with his eyes closed. 

He opens his eyes, "Okay, I'm coming..." 

He looks at me, "I'll answer you later..." he smiles at me then goes off to leave with Heeseung.

I let out a deep breath. I can't believe we almost kissed. I can't believe it... we almost kissed and Heeseung got in the way! The butterflies in my stomach are still flying around down there.

I stomp my feet. I can't do this. No matter how much I want it, it's not right...

I go back downstairs to the ballroom to maybe socialize or dance. I can't wait for Jungwon forever.

I eat a few of the appetizers that the waitresses were serving. That's when they caught my attention...

Jungwon and Jayun are smiling and giggling in front of clicking cameras. I guess he has to do this for the publicity, but I can't help but to still feel jealous.

I chow down on more little appetizers as I continue to watch them be all lovely dovey.

"Faker," I let out with my mouth full.

Suddenly, I almost choke from seeing the most disturbing, gross, ugliest thing ever...

Jayun wraps her arms around Jungwon's neck and kisses him. Not like her ugly slob kiss from weeks before, but a nice one. So nice that Jungwon kisses her back, eyes closed and everything.

I was supposed to kiss him. 

The cameras go crazy from their moment. I can't stand to watch any longer.

I run to the back of the venue where there was a quiet library. 

Maybe I should not have come. Jungwon definitely didn't want me to probably for this exact reason, and though I do feel he reciprocates the same feelings, I can't help but feel sadden about what I just saw.

"Well look who's here.."

I turn my head to the voice to see Daehyun approaching me with a smirk and his mask in his hand. 

Great, I should've known he would be here. 

"Can't you just leave me alone?" I glare.

He shrugs, "I could, but I don't want to."

He just loves to torment me for fun. Like dude, get another hobby!

"Kim Daehyun, we're not at school, so I can definitely beat your ass right here and right now if I want to," I warn.

He puts his hands up, "I come in peace." Yea, right.

He gets closer and closer to me making me walk back into a wall.

He puts both of his hands on the wall in-between me. What in the drama?

"I think you look stunning," he whispers. 

My ears are bleeding from this. 

"Kim Daehyun, if you don't move-"

"Hey hey hey... don't like a little compliment?" 

I scoff, "Coming from you? Quite fake, now move!" 

I try to move away from him but he grabs my shoulders.

"Ya!!" I shout at him.

"Lets just, enjoy the moment," he closes his eyes and starts move his face closer to mines.

"Ya!!" I shout again trying to squirm away from his grasps.

"Get away from her now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.1K 1.6K 51
[ENEMIES TO LOVERS] "I hate you." "You can never hate me." In which the most feared leader in the country falls for a girl who's not willing to bow d...
399K 23.1K 36
"𝗦𝗵𝘂𝘁 𝘂𝗽 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶 𝗽𝘂𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵." -- 🚨viewer discretion is advised Content : strong...
622K 14K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
85.1K 2.3K 49
ᴵ ʷᵃˢ ˡᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᶠᵒʳ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ , ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷʰᵒ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ COMPLETED