Millionaire's Hot Secretary

By GiftOdulesi

Highest ranking: #1 in Millionaire- 28/04/2021 #8 in Romance- 04/05/2021 (Out of 1.33 Million stories, WOW... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
EPILOGUE
NEW BOOK!

Chapter 58

7.6K 279 21
By GiftOdulesi

~ LILA ~

It had been a month since we've been in Dubai but I was still damn scared of Kade's gentleness.

Of course he had always been a gentle and kind boss but it had become excessive.

To worsen things, we were in the same hotel room, but different bedrooms, just like Hames and Imogen in Australia, but only one bathroom. Thankfully, we hadn't had a bathroom clash since we've been here.

I flinched at the sound of the door shutting.

Kade strutted to me. I was thinking of running to my bedroom immediately but something still made me stay back.

He dropped to sit beside me and I flinched again.

"You're always flinching." He smirked.

I forced a smile at him and quickly rose to my feet, ready to leave his sight but he held me back. "Don't go, stay a little longer."

My phone started to ring from the center table. I glanced at the screen and sighed after realizing it was Jovi. Knowing fully well that it was going to be another stupid threat call, I ignored it.

"I have to leave."

"Stay." He insisted in a very calm tone that urged me to succumb to his words.

I sighed and sat again, turning the television on to distract myself from him.

I was gazing at the screen but I had no interest in whatever was on it, I was only noticing Kade staring at me, through my sideways glance.

"You're beautiful." He commented and a weird feeling struck my heart, making it palpitate faster.

I still didn't look at him, just pretending to not have heard him due to the sound from the TV.

"I know you heard me. You're a very beautiful woman and..." he trailed off, finally earning my gaze at him. I was curious to know what he wanted to say. "Let's go on a date."

"Right now?"

"Yes, to a fancy restaurant."

"I don't think it's reasonable to go on a date with you."

"Why not?"

"How many times do I have to remind you that Ihave a boyfriend and you have a crazy girlfriend who's about to slaughter me for being here with her boyfriend." I didn't want to raise my voice at him but I was forced to.

"I don't think your boyfriend is good enough for you. He hasn't called you since we've been here for a month now."

"That's not true. He calls me all the time." I lied, I lied so bad. Dash had only called me about once or thrice, but the last time he called was a week ago and he sounded somewhat angry so the call ended abruptly. He never answered the call whenever I called him first. It was so frustrating.

"I don't think so. I'll also break up with Jovi if you want."

"No! I don't want that. Can't you just let me be? I'm just your employee and we're here on a business trip so let it remain that way."

I rose to my feet and walked really fast before he could grab my wrist again.

"Wait!" I felt him walking behind me but I didn't stop, I was almost by my bedroom door but of course he was faster and caught up with me, appearing in front of me.

"Why are you being so stubborn?" He smiled, a smile that was very angelic and could make anyone's heart skip a few beats.

"I- I... I'm not... you..." I began to stutter after realizing his smile had become more angelic and he was leaning his face closer to mine.

I started moving backwards but he was advancing to me till my back hit a wall.

He placed his hand on the wall beside my head, locking me against the wall.

My heart was pounding really fast in fear, I was trying to search for any object I could use as protection but there was none. He closed the gap between our lips and my fear was replaced with another emotion I was unable to describe.

It felt like I had never been kissed in my entire life. My brain was spinning at how good his lips were against mine. The collision was mesmerizing, like a moment that could last forever but unfortunately it ended.

"Why, Kade?" I frowned. Why? Was it because the kiss ended or because he kissed me? I was confusing myself.

"I'm sorry, I was just curious to know how those beautiful lips of yours tasted." He smirked, another action that affected my brain and could make me giddy.

"Don't you understand that I have a boyfriend?! You have a girlfriend that might kill me if she realizes that you just kissed me. What is wrong with you, sir?" I didn't mean to raise my voice but I was beyond frustrated.

"Let's forget everyone and focus on the fact that you liked the kiss. I really like you, okay? And I'll get you, no matter what. I want you so badly, and you'll be mine very soon, that's a promise to you."

I glared at him from head to toe and was heading to my room but once again, his hand went around my wrist to stop.

"Now what? Kissing a woman without her permission isn't enough for you? You want to do something more crazy?"

"I'm not going to take advantage of you, woman. Remember, we have to work. Let's go to Hames." He lowered his hand to intertwine our fingers, making a shiver run down my spine.

I tried to ignore the physical contact till we got into Hames' hotel room and I yanked my hand out of his grip.

Hames was sprawled on the floor with bottles, papers, clothes, pillows, around him. What sort of mess was this?

"What's wrong with you, man?" Kade sighed, sauntered to him then I did the same, curious to know what was going on.

"I miss her." He muttered, placing his forearm over his forehead.

Who did he miss? It was obviously Imogen but what if it was another woman? Oh no!

"Then go back to her if you miss her so much."

"I can't. I want to be far from her, very far away."

"You've been away from her for a month, isn't that enough?"

"No, I need to fix things first before returning."

"How are you supposed to fix things from here? You can't fix the mistakes you've already made. All you have to do is tell her the truth."

"She won't forgive me."

"How can you be certain? She claims to love you then she'll obviously forgive you. Just tell her the truth. If she figures it out from someone else, she'd be broken and might not forgive you."

I was so confused right now. What was Hames hiding from Imogen? Also, had they forgotten my presence?

"I can't let her know till I fix it."

"Don't you get it? You can't fix anything. Be with your wife. The further you are away, the more she'll lose interest. Her love for you is still new, what if it fades?" His words earned a death glare from Hames.

"She won't stop loving me. I just want to be far away from her for now, I don't want to see her. This business trip isn't helping in getting my frustration out, I don't even care about the stupid trip. I miss Imogen so fucking much. As much as I want to be with her, have her wrapped in my arms, kiss her all day long and explore every inch of her, I just can't. I need to..." he trailed off, burying his face in his palm.

"I heard Tyler is now in town again. Remember last time we saw him and he said he has a thing for Imogen? What if he takes advantage of the fact that her so-called husband is not with her and does something you wouldn't like?"

Hames growled, jerked upwards and gripped Kade's collar. "What do you mean?" He asked venomously.

I was trembling at how angry he looked and sounded but Kade seemed totally unaffected by it. "All I'm trying to say is that she'll be missing you so much and it'd be obvious for any man to notice, even Tyler."

"Are you trying to say Imogen would cheat on me? I trust her more than anyone in this world."

"Let go of me." Kade said authoritatively.

It took a few more seconds before Hames let go of him and sat on the floor. "Sorry for overreacting. I'm just so perplexed. I'll make sure to call her."

"She needs your presence, not just your voice, and the truth. We're both aware if the fact that Tyler who is now back in town would stop at nothing to-"

"Tyler can't take my place, I'll rip him apart. He'll just be sent away from her like I did to her last boyfriend wh-" he stopped after his gaze landed on me.

I didn't know what to do so I forced a smile. "Hi."

"You've been here the whole time listening to our conversation?" He glared at me. "She's Imogen's best friend, oh my goodness." He threaded his fingers through his hair.

"She won't say a word, right Lila?" Kade asked and I nodded.

He pointed his index finger at me. "If you utter a word to my wife about anything I just said and ruin our marriage or cause a misunderstanding, I won't ever forgive you." He threatened, his brown eyes were burning with flames of different emotions; anger, fear and frustration.

"Don't be so mean to her. You were dumb enough to blurt things out while forgetting her presence." He held my shoulder.

Hames sighed again. "I'm really sorry but please don't say anything to her, just pretend you heard nothing. I promise to fix everything." His voice was calmer.

"Remember there shouldn't be secrets between married couples. Sort things out, the sooner the better." Kade added.

How could I keep a secret from my best friend? I also didn't want to say anything that could harm their marriage either so it was going to be best to keep quiet? Darn, this was going to be so hard for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 5.7K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
480K 17.5K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
23.2M 760K 53
What is he doing? "Embre." I'm still pressed up against him, my breath quickening by the second. "Yes?" I ask breathlessly, he placed his hand in my...
2.2M 88.1K 52
"Get the hell out of my room", he shouted as soon as I entered his room. Is he for real? How can he be this peaceful when I'm not able to sleep a win...