ᴍʏ α΄€Ι΄α΄›Ιͺᴅᴏᴛᴇ // Ι’α΄€α΄€Κ€α΄€ α΄€α΄œ // ᴄᴏ...

By shazzarra

[ Gaara x Reader | COMPLETED ] He had never known a life without pain, without ridicule. He had never felt th... More

01 | meeting gaara
02 | his story
03 | with you
04 | past and present
05 | connections
06 | shopaholic
07 | rainy streets
08 | red velvet
09 | a dirty cheater
10 | his filthy ways
11 | call out my name
12 | utter silence
13 | shatter my heart
14 | beleaguer
15 | brittle voices
17 | ephemeral
18 | everybody's fool
19 | an old world
20 | therapy
21 | remembrance
22 | awaiting
23 | cruelly
24 | who am i
25 | broken wings
26 | a glitch in heaven
27 | demon in the flesh
28 | a love unlike any other
29 | final verdict
30 | dream house
31 | forever
32 | honeymoon
33 | a gift
34 | two's a plenty
35 | wish of eternity

16 | moving on, not!

283 20 0
By shazzarra

Temari's POV

" I was thinking about launching a new line of clothes . Something that is relaxed , comforting and makes you feel confident . You know , I got this idea from (Name) ," I giggled , biting into the peanut butter spreaded toast .
Shikamaru , who was sipping on his coffee nodded . " It's best if you cover all the necessary parts ," he commented .
" Eh ? What is that supposed to mean ? All my designs cover the necessary part . Well , I guess they only cover the necessary part ," .
Shikamaru smirked . " See what I mean ? " . It has been five days since Shikamaru retuned from the hospital . His limbs were still in the cast , but he could move just fine .
In the past , he was rather silent and passive towards me , but now he treats me like someone important in his life . Truthfully , I feel very appreciated .
" Naruto gave me a good two week holiday . I guess we can spend some time together ," he winked . " No we can't . Baby says no ," I grinned .
Shikamaru let out a small groan . A baby bump had developed on my abdomen . It was only two months old , yet very protruding .
I placed two slices of bread into the toaster , and let it do its job . I felt hands creeping through my waist and enveloped me into a warm chest . " Shika .. I'm busy ," I groaned . Shikamaru planted a kiss on my cheek , yet refused to let go of my waist .
" You know .. We should think of a name for the baby ," he murmured .
I bit my lip , randomly browsing the names in my brain . " Just reminding you though , that is much have a 'Shika' at the front . You know , like my father . Shikaku , Shikamaru ..". My expression went blank . " Huh , think of a name ? It's practically a rip off of your own name . I'm starting to think that you are basically trying to name the baby after yourself ,".
Shikamaru shook his head . " No I'm not trying to name the baby after myself . It's the Nara clan traditions ," . I scowled as I grabbed the peanut butter jar , and spread the paste onto the freshly toasted bread.
Simply said all of my children will have a 'Shika' in their names .
But 'Shika' is my pet name for Shikamaru ... I roughly bit into the toast , my lips were covered in peanut butter . " OW !" I burst out in pain .

" Temari ? Are you alright ? " Shikamaru called out from the other side of the kitchen . Slowly , he inched towards me . My hand was covering my mouth , which had a metallic taste in it . " What's wrong ?" Shikamaru asked , taking hold of my hand . " I bit my lips . Hard ," I murmured , struggling to speak .
" You're so clumsy ," Shikamaru voiced , caressing my lips gently . It did not hurt me though , and the words warmed my heart . " Ne , Shika .. Naruto gave you a two week holiday , right ?" I began . Shikamaru nodded , " What about it ?" he responded . " I think I need someone to help out with my new designs ," I grinned widely , looking at Shikamaru's horror stricken face . " Can't you just let the sick man rest ?" he drawled . I simply shook my head .

" Nope . Now , let's begin !" .

Third Person POV

Joy , delight and bliss . These feelings once had a sturdy position in the (h/c) haired girl's heart . Once had , though . Now , all she feels is agony . It was as if she were drowning in a deep sea , vines pulling her deeper and deeper into the freezing water . Slowly suffocating her , choking all the air from her lungs . An event that would eventually lead to her end .

​​​​​(Name) would not mind if that did happen , for she was exhausted - of life . Tears splattered the chartreuse pillowcase , soaking the cotton fabric in the semi salty liquid . A handsewn quilt covered her body , head to toe .
It was a particularly humid night , yet (Name) felt as if she was encased in ice . Her heart was broken , shattered , torn ... The pain she felt was beyond words . Her lungs ached with every breath she took , and every time she spoke her voice was wheezy .

For the past few days , (Name) was able to bottle up her feelings and keep a straight face . But tonight , when no one was around , she opened the bottle lid and let the contents flow out . Her fingers were sturdily wrapped on the duvet .
The (h/c) haired girl often wondered what had become of the scarlet haired boy whom she loved dearly .

' Is he alright ? I hope he is fine .. Is he sad ? I don't want him to be sad . I want him to smile .. Is he happy ? That is a good thing , but why do I have to suffer on the other hand ?'

(Name)'s feelings were jumbled , twisted , turned in odd angles . She could barely think straight , and she could not swallow anything . The bento box Himari brought for her earlier that night remained at the same spot Himari placed it . Her mouth felt bland , and her throat ached . Her muscles felt sore , and her limbs felt like snapping with the tiniest movement she made .
Sobs echoed in the room . They were her sobs , coming from her own mouth .

" Gaara ..." she murmured weakly . Her lungs were pounding and her breathing grew hoarse . A cough racked her body , along with that blood dripped from her lips , staining the bedsheets .

She could feel her measly strength flow away into nothingness . Black specks clouded her view . With the remaining strength she had , (Name) grabbed her phone and dialled Himari's phone number .

" Hello ? Himari ... I need help .. I don't think I'll last long ," she voiced weakly . (Name) did not stay awake long enough to hear Himari's answer , and faded into unconsciousness .

One week later - Konohagakure

" What about GothicParadise ? " Shikamaru suggested . " Gothic ?! Does this look like gothic to you ?! " Temari burst , simultaneously tossing a sketchbook at Shikamaru . " Fine .. Something down to earth ... What about Graveyard ? " .

Temari's expression grew blank . " Grave .. Yard ? " . Shikamaru removed the sketchbook from his lap and placed it onto the coffee table . A copy of Konohagakure : Assets and Business throughout The Millennium was in his hands .

" What is that book about ? " Temari voiced , taking the book from Shikamaru . " In 1882 the second Hokage launched a war on the Land of Tea , which was a victory . In turn , the leader of the land granted one-third of the Land of Tea to Konoha ," . A scowl formed on her face . " This book is such a bore ," she muttered , giving it back to Shikamaru.
On the other hand , the man raised an eye brow . " I expected you to be sprightly . After all , we had our honeymoon at the Land of Tea quarter ," he reminded .

" Hey I have an idea .. What about Etresque ? " Temari began . Shikamaru still had his eyes on the book as he murmured " Decent ...".
Temari pouted as she sat on the leather couch . " C'mon ! Be a little more enthusiastic ! " . Shikamaru scowled as he put Konohagakure : Assets and Business throughout The Millennium on the coffee table .
" Etresque ! That sounds awesome ! Ehmergerd ! " he burst , placing his hands on each side of his face .

" Ehmergerd . You're not Shikamaru ! Tell me who you are and what you have done to my husband ! " Temari shouted , grabbing Shikamaru's collar . " What makes you think that ? " he insisted . " My husband , Shikamaru , is incapable of joking and acting like a sick teenage girl ," .
A thick tension formed in the atmosphere .

" Psh .. It's been a while since we last called to Suna . I wonder how things are going there ," Temari began , whipping out her phone , which was encrusted in padparadsche stones .

" Hello Gaara ! Your Nee-san here ! " she burst , brimming with enthusiasm . " Hello Temari .." Gaara responded coldly on the other side .
" Is everything alright in Suna ? " Temari began . " Splendid ," .
Temari shuddered . She knew something was off - he did not sound like the person he was when she last met him .

Gaara sounded like his old , depressed and lifeless self . " Really ? You don't sound really well ," Temari murmured .
" I am fine . If you have nothing else to say I'm ending the line ," Gaara spoke sternly .
" Wait ! Don't end the line yet ! " Temari blurted . She needed a few more seconds . Something was wrong - it was obvious , but she could not put her finger on it . Usually , (Name) was always with Gaara . He would chat with her and talk endlessly . But today , the (h/c) haired girl's voice is nowhere to be heard .

" Gaara , where's (Name) ?" Temari voiced . She had expected her voice to pierce the speakers , bursting ' Here !' , but it did not came . Rather , Gaara grunted and cleared his throat as if it were a troublesome topic .

" (Name) ? Who is that ? I don't think I know anyone with that name ," he responded , as if he was surprised .
" Gaara you know what I'm talking about ! Is this some sick joke ?!" Temari shrieked . Her brother suffered from a heart disease , surely he didn't suffer from memory loss too!

" I don't know who that is and I don't care who that person is ," . Gaara ended the line , leaving a dumbstruck Temari .

" What's wrong ?" Shikamaru's voice rang . Temari shook her head .
Her lips were pressed in a thin line , and her face clearly read distress .

" Something's wrong in Suna .. I can tell .."..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 297 23
After the War, Sakura is living her life with unexpected love, lust, and pain. Sasuke, Neji, Kakashi?? Though she tries to stay above it all, she fee...
545K 16.3K 38
Three lonely years has passed since Sakura Haruno last seen her long-time crush. And after Sasuke left the village, he finally came back for an unkno...
75.8K 2.3K 6
Hinata Uzumaki is the beautiful wife of the almighty Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki. That's all she ever wanted. For years until his proposal, she could onl...
287K 6.9K 91
𝐘/𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 happy girl with a smile that could light up any room, she had a bright personality and a warm feeling that attracts you to her. She w...