A Different Kind

By CaritaCrafford

Alexandra or Alex for short leaves Mystic Falls to live with her Uncle Charlie Swan, the half brother of her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 37

2.9K 67 4
By CaritaCrafford

The Volturi were....scary .

But after someone like Klaus Mikealson they seemed less so to Alexandra .

Yes they were in a different league of scary than Klaus  and yes she should probably be scared of them . But she wasn't .

Not even seeing their guard and their own witnesses that fairly outmatched the Cullens' meagre bit of witnesses .

They were dark . Not in skin ,but their clothes and the aura they​ shone out .

Evil was one word .

Alexandra felt cold . It was probably how Bonnie had felt touching Stefan in their Junior year . She didn't know .

It wasn't fear ,though . Just the cold ,dead feeling .

She stood listening to Aro ,the more vocal one of the three Volturi kings, talk to Edward and Bella .

She watched the proceedings of Edward and Renesmee showing their memories to Aro .

She held onto her son , hoping that she and him didn't have to do that .

She felt overwhelmingly overprotective of the child that clung to her .

She mentally cringed at the thought of that man touching her .

How could Edward and Renesmee stand it ?. How could Bella be so fine with Aro being so near her child . 

A hand touched her shoulder and she looked up at Carlisle who gave her a reassuring look .

There was even a little smile on his lips that irked her .

This situation didn't deserve a smile , however small it was.

Then without any warning _

" Carlisle, I presume that the newborn​ standing beside you is your mate and that she also had a child while human?. Edward's mind didn't show me anything about her or the boy's birth . Why is that?".

" I wasn't there," Carlisle said truthfully, his voice clear and strong as he spoke ," A Witch helped her give birth normally like any human would . She didn't die because of giving birth . She got bitten by the newborn baby  . A Nightwalker tried to help her by giving her his blood, but the venom still spread and she became both of our species. "

Aro's eyes held a glint that Alexandra would've associated with a mad scientist . She could almost hear the cogs turn  in his mind as he thought .

" Fascinating . If the situation wasn't so different , I would've loved talking to her about how she felt being of two different species at once . However ,My dear , I would like to read your mind to gain a firsthand account of what had happened to you . "

He held out his hands to her and she felt her body tense and heard her mind scream to not go near him .

But she had no choice . She had to go to him even if it was something unpleasant .

Her legs moved without her bidding and soon enough Aro's hands enfolded hers . She had to steel herself not to pull away as he held her hand.

To be near him like she'd once been to Klaus was a lot worse than she'd ever thought .

Aro didn't take long to finish reading her mind . He stepped back a step and looked at her.

" You've known of the Nightwalkers and Witches for a time , I see. And of course of the one Original that is feared by many ,even by some of our kind . You're a Döppelganger ?. I have met one long ago . Her name was Daria . I think she might've been older than the Katherine Pierce you know from your experience with the Nightwalkers. Such a pretty little thing . But then again she died at the hands of a Witch who saught more power than was worth . Tell me, the sun does not bother you ?. You are after all half of them . "

" I don't find the sun an irritation . However , I don't sparkle like your kind either . A compromise , perhaps ? . Between the venom and the blood that changed me ?. I can't say that I hate being both . "

He gave her a smile that were eery and she didn't like it .

She stepped back to be pulled into Carlisle's arms .

She didn't feel safe in his arms . Not at all . She knew that his arms won't save her if the Volturi decided to fight .

But she did feel comforted . Like a child would feel over a Teddy bear .

Her eyes saught out her son who had moved to stand by Emmett . The boy actually liked the gentle giant .

Aro moved back to take council with his brothers.

Bella moved closer to her to take her hand while leaving Renesmee with Jacob.

" You okay ?", Bella asked softly .

" Yeah. You?".

" Not really. "

She nodded . She understood . Bella was afraid .

" Stay calm ,Bells ", she whispered lowly ," And focus on protecting everyone dear to you ".

Bella nodded , squeezing her hand before moving back to Edward's side .

Aro returned . On his face she read his frustration that things couldn't go otherwise .

Just as he opened his mouth to speak , a group of Nightwalkers appeared .

Amongst this group was Elijah and....Klaus .

This confused the girl and by the looks of it everyone else.

" Who are you ?. You have no business meddling_" one of the other Volturi kings started to argue ,but Klaus cut him off quickly.

" I'm only here for my Döppelganger ,Old Chap . Besides ,she is half of us ,so we do have business here . Isn't it a pleasure to see you again ,Love . I must say Immortality has made you more ravishing ".

Carlisle let out a soft snarl at the man's audacity to flirt with his mate .

" Can't say it is a pleasure, Klaus ," Alexandra countered while rubbing Carlisle's arm to calm down ," Don't you have Hybrids to make ".

Klaus let out a laugh at that ." Haven't you heard ,Love ? . I don't do that anymore . I'm all for live and let live now . "

She snorted , but didn't comment ,her eyes roaming over the others , stopping on Elijah who gave her a tight-lipped smile .

" Anyway , what's your verdict ,Old Chap ?. Or I can just tell you now that you're wasting your time here . Hybrids aren't all that bad . Look at me . I've got some Wolf and I've got some Vampire . Some might call me the big bad wolf ,but I'm really not that bad . There are worse things in the world than children born like these two kids . Or are you afraid of change ?. Is that it ?. Or are you afraid of losing your  power?. It's quite stupid ,you know, considering that all of us are the product of some Witch's experiments . I've seen the first of your kind. Don't you think he has the right to be here and maybe have a say in this?. I can call him . Just know like all Originals . If he dies . You all do . Because his venom flows through you . Vladimir , wanna come out and join us ?."
             👣💋💋👣
Vladimir looked even worse than the Romanians Stefan and Dmitri . Powdery like skin . Dark red eyes . Hair as white as snow .

The Volturi seemed to fear him as much as any other of the Cold Ones on the field and yet he wasn't the authority . Or well ,he is ,but the Volturi didn't acknowledge it .

" Change is inevitable ", he spoke in a deep bone chilling voice ," We must evolve if we want to survive . Why squabble over half Vampire children when there's Hunters out there hunting us ?."

The Volturi grumbled amongst themselves . They didn't expect Vladimir to take notice of their business . They were well aware that they couldn't kill him . If they wanted to live .

" If we have evidence that the children won't be a threat to our survival ,we might reconsider our decision," Aro spat out ," I see no _"

" I have evidence ", Alice Cullen's voice rang out startling some of the people around the field ," I'll show you ".

She walked right up to Aro and showed him what she meant .

For a moment Alexandra feared that it wouldn't work ,but then Aro stepped away from Alice fear upon his face .

He then asked her something that confused everyone a moment until a man , clearly a half Vampire , accompanied by a full Vampire came walking out onto the field and it was like magic because he seemed to be the key to the Volturi not attacking, though, the arrival of the Originals must've spooked them too . But it was beside the point . The man just saved them from a huge fight .
             👣💋💋👣
She sat with her feet dangling off the back porch ,staring into space .

She was happy . Really happy . The threat on her child's life was just gone .

Her child was safe . Nothing could bring her more joy than that .

She looked up when her cousin appeared beside her , sitting down uninvited , though she couldn't really be angry because she was on Cullen turf.

" Hey ", the girl said giving Alexandra a soft smile .

" Hey ," she returned.

" So...what you gonna do now ?. Carlisle said that you might go to the UK again to see your cousin Harry ."

" I might do that . I did say I'd go see him ,after all . If we survived . Why ?. Wanna come with?".

Bella shook her head . " No , we're just gonna laze around for a while . We'd probably move away in a couple of years. We'll see . Anyway, I hope you and Carlisle reconcile now that things are good again . He really are sorry for everything. He really loves you . It hurts him when you keep him friend-zoned ."

Alexandra sighed. Just when she felt happy someone comes to poke holes in her mood .

" Bella, things won't ever work for me and him again . I love him . I do , but I can't trust him. So , please don't speak of it again. I'm sorry , but I'm not you who can forgive so easily ".

With that she stood up , walking away to find her son who sat eating sweets with Renesmee of all people.

" Come ,Gray , we're going home ", she said to him , ignoring Renesmee's disappointed look .

The boy readily stood , saying goodbye to Renesmee .

Carlisle and Edward appeared beside them and she felt a little uncomfortable under their stare .

" Aren't you going to stay from now on ?", Edward asked .

" No , my Uncle needs me . Besides that , I don't belong here . I'm not family , remember ?. Gray isn't either .So , we're just gonna _"

Carlisle grabbed her arm , silencing her ." We need to talk . In private . This has gone on for too long ."

She snorted . Of course it has . She's just not someone who's​ a push-over . She's seen too many women be like that .

" I'm sorry , but I'm tired and Gray needs to go sleep in his own bed ", she said , pulling away from Carlisle ," Goodbye ."

She was about to pick up her child and leave when Rosalie came running to her .

" Alex , wait!", she called out ," I've got some great news that I wanna share with you ".

Alexandra smiled at her excited face. " What's up , Rosalie ?", she asked.

Rosalie smiled brightly . " I'm pregnant ."

Alexandra made a choked sound as surprise settled inside of her heart .

By the way the other two looked , especially Edward, they didn't know either .

" Well, congratulations ", the Döppelganger blurted before hugging the blonde girl with all the gentleness she could muster ," I am very happy for you . Of all the people you deserve it . "

Rosalie hugged her back, thanking her .

" Will you stay ? . Please ?. I really want you here for the birth ", she said hopefully .

Alexandra smiled. " Of course . For you . Anything ".
              👣💋💋👣
Hope you liked . 👣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 273 11
Hi my name is Bella Marie swan, after Edward and his family left me I went else where, I told Charlie I wanted to go stay with my cousins in mystic f...
1.8M 44.3K 23
Eleanor Mae Swan - informally known as Ellie by her friends - has always been the "ugly" twin compared to her sister Bella. Bella didn't have to try...
40.9K 1.2K 68
Elena's twenty-one year old aunt moves to Mystic Falls after the death of her brother; she live Seth Elena, Elena's brother, and Elena's other aunt...
774K 17.3K 38
Amy is Elena Gilbert's older half sister. She left to live with her Uncle John after the accident at Wickery bridge, when her parents died. Now her U...