๐–๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐…๐„๐’๐“๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐€, har...

By yourmissdior

๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐š. (๐ฏ.) ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง... More

๐–๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐…๐„๐’๐“๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐€
๐’š๐’“. ๐’•๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’† ๐‘ช ๐‘จ ๐‘บ ๐‘ป
๐‹๐š๐๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐†๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ง, ๐’‰๐’†๐’“.
๐ƒ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ซ๐ค ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐š๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ.
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„ โ”‚ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐Ž๐๐„๐‘ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐™๐Š๐€๐๐€๐
๐ˆ โ”€ hogwarts.
๐ˆ๐ˆ โ”€ fate did us justice.
๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ โ”€ crisp pages.
๐ˆ๐• โ”€ proud creatures.
๐• โ”€ like trying to catch smoke.
๐•๐ˆ โ”€ riddikulus.
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ โ”€ heaven is a place on earth with you.
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ โ”€ nyctophilia.
๐ˆ๐— โ”€ lion vs badger.
๐— โ”€ hospital wings & passages.
๐—๐ˆ โ”€ unveiled secrets.
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ โ”€ lurking in the tenebrous.
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ โ”€ protection by luminescence.
๐—๐ˆ๐• โ”€ phosphenes of onism.
๐—๐• โ”€ basorexia.
๐—๐•๐ˆ โ”€ augury and the demise.
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ โ”€ a marauder's mรกgoa.
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ โ”€ whelve the beauty of the moon.
๐—๐— โ”€ under the veil of secrets.

๐—๐ˆ๐— โ”€ 'tis the end of our year.

1.1K 43 267
By yourmissdior

————. ° ♧︎: *.☽. * :☾. ♕ *. ————

"Harold."

"Harold is unavailable at the moment."

It had been an entire week after the alethiology for Ron, Y/N, Hermione, and Harry. Ron's leg has recovered and Y/N's waist healed with the mirifical work of Madam Pomfrey. 5:27 in the morning, Y/N tiptoed her way up the steps to Harry's dormitory. There he laid sprawled with unruly bed-hair, bed quilt up tugged to his chin, his eyelids fluttering his vivid viridescent hue.

"Is Harold available now?" Y/N whispered.

Harry pushed her face away, muttering, "Harold is getting his serious treatment of beauty rest."

"Shall I help and pull out the diffuser and its oils?" Y/N deadpanned, still whispering, "I'm out of lavender but poison can substitute."

"What do you want," Harry groused, sitting up upright staring at her in the eye.

Y/N silently clapped in accomplishment, picking up his glasses from his bedside table, planting them on the bridge of his nose, "It's what you're going to want."

5:30 in the morning.

Y/N forced Harry out of his dormitory to dart down the stairs, still in their sleeping gowns and nightwear, in hurry to get there before matutine. Harry groggily followed Y/N cluelessly of her intentions. Out the portrait hole, down the stairs, and around a corridor or two.

"Y/N where're we going?" Harry started.

Y/N hushed, "You'll see!"

"Y'know I was in this exact situation last week when you were in the infirmary, chasing Hermione, no answer —"

"You're still not excused for leaving me and Ron out of it all."

"YOUR HIPS WERE COMPLETELY BUSTED — I COULDN'T DO THAT YO-" Harry whisper-shouted, Y/N's eyes widened at seeing filch down the corridor, looking to their opposite direction.

"You're no fit for sneaking," Y/N spun around to Harry, huffing before they could get caught, "Next corridor! Go!"

And so their soles, fashionably out of order, ran on every cold tile of the corridors they raced through from Mr. Filch On Duties. The wind beating through Y/N's slovenly morning hair and Harry's outstretched arms out from his sides. They set foot out of the resting castle, their bare feet meeting the sprouting summer grass, and Harry continued mindlessly following Y/N's aimless odyssey. Just as Harry caught on, the two were chasing the the golden aubade disc of the rising dawn.

"DON'T SLOW YOUR PACE!" Y/N screamed in glee, "WE'RE ALMOST THERE!"

In the flash of a kalopsia catching polaroid, Y/N stopped her run at the boundary of a wide ridge, view of the grassy lands, rippling abluvion waters, and the horizon of the dawning. Harry, panting, followed up his sprint bumping into Y/N's mesmerized figure.

5:49 in the morning.

They were chasing the aurora. The sky showered them in honey glazed rays and transparent rosé haze. Harry's and Y/N's eyes grazed upon every bank of aquamarine morning water, the peaking dawn from windless hills, chirps of empyrean melodies. Never did virgin beauty wake devouter to the bridal feast than these moves in this hour upon the lake in adoration to the east. The breathing of Harry and Y/N linked and softened like the cosmogryal moon depositing the sky's throne in exchange for a subtle sun glow. The young palmer sun blossomed, before their eyes, wilt warm with dove-desire. The two thirteen-year olds soaked the dayspring carelessly; its ocherous firewhiskey scintilla reminded Harry of her, and its medallion fawn morning cinnamon reminded Y/N of him.

"I guess I'm not as mad at you as I was before when you woke me up," Harry breathed out, "for this."

"Yeah, well" Y/N grinned slightly, completely awe-struck, "Mark my words when I say 'It's what you're going to want'"

The hill was just almost out of Hogwarts' bounds, circular edged, and highland. It overhung above a wide still lake coloured of crystal azure. Its ultramarine was nearly threatened by the sunrise's aurora reflecting its waters.

It was just Harry and Y/N with the waters, sun glows, and wildlife.

Just beside them was a sepia lengthy semi-circle log for seating. Y/N pried her eyes off the invariant equatorial renaissance painting blanketing the ether. The thousand glowing embers blazing the furnace with grazes of warm coloured paints made it harder for Y/N to drop her gaze to the now motionless morning water. Walking closer to the edge for a clear eyeshot view, she turned back to Harry with a grin,

"Don't push off, I just want quick glimpse."

"It's not me who's going to be pushing you off," Harry beamingly scoffed, indicating to the brisk east wind higher up ground level.

And so he backed away, still in his awe-struck state, taking a seat on the log with his arms crossed around his knees. Harry's glasses slanted on the bridge of his very nose, his hair gusted by the wind like the grass swaying, his chin propped on the back of his hands lips slightly parted from the euneirophrenia as Y/N sat on the grass a meter or two from where Harry sat. Sitting on the grass with her arms extended behind her for support, her unruly morning hair nurtured by the mountain's gale, and her feet swaying off the edge in the airspace of oneirataxia.

6:01 in the morning.

The sun glow was in motion, indeed, and it left the edge of the mountain, shining over to where the log laid. Chasing its warmth, Y/N sat at the opposite end of the log of where awe-stricken Harry sat, mimicking his position. Both heads propped and titled on their hands wrapped around their knees. Barefooted, two nelipots they were, the grass oscillated beneath their feet embossing them into their virescence.

Harry started, "This is all so —"

"— Unbelievable? dream-like? incredible? Yeah I know," Y/N breathed, averting her gaze to Harry's optics.

"Before he left, Sirius I mean," Harry said, profoundly staring back into Y/N's eyes, "He'd see us very soon. In the near future, Sirius said not to fight any offers? The man sounds like he has it all planned."

"Good characteristics in him, then" Y/N snorted, "It's important all fugitives hold such spirit."

A round of laughter had retreated, and Harry spoke once more, "Aren't you angry? I know how much you dislike when you aren't fully aware of everything thats around you —"

Y/N bit back a roar of laughter, "— What, like magical schools and bleach headed pricks?"

"I mean, have you even consider what you think about Aunt serephine after the current series of events," Harry asked, "Aren't you mad?"

"Of course I'm mad, Harry," Y/N breathed out collectively calmly, "Mad enough to shoot red house pride out of my hands."

"You idiot," Harry said between laughs, throwing his head back freely.

"No really I am mad. But I don't love Aunt Serephine any less for it all. I trust her enough."

"If you don't love Aunt Serephine any less," Harry nodded, "than neither do I."

Y/N turned her body completely facing Harry, at the other end of the log, tilting her grinning face. Harry imitating her actions beginning," I'm gonna miss you over the summer."

Y/N scrunched her face up beaming, turning her gaze to the midst of hazy tangerine summer skies, "Honestly speaking, I have a very tight schedule this summer to be missing certain people, Harry."

Harry gave her a dead stare.

"— I'll miss you too."

"Third year, going into fourth. It's far-fetched," Harry sighed.

"The end of our year," Y/N grinned, inhaling the glee and shouting out between laughter, "'TIS THE END OF OUR YEAR!"

Harry's eyes widen amuse-stricken throwing his hand over her mouth shutting her, "Shut up —"

She whispered behind a will of frisson, "—'tis the end of our year."

And like that, fed up with each other's dementedness, they laughed heartedly in their own whimsical language only them two were fluent in. And only them two. The sun in their laughter beamed through their chests for all of the wildlife to witness in the making of a vorfreude. Although they met under the moon, they obliviously beloved under the sun.

                               And
                        it were just
                 like the                  moon,
    so sparkling, so
full of imper-
fections. but
     just like the
             moon, it                   shined
                    in the time of dar-
                              knees.

————. ° ♧︎: *.☽. * :☾. ♕ *. ————

The sweltering, heat and the end of the exams meant that everyone was taking full advantage of another Hogsmeade visit. Neither Ron, Hermione, nor Y/N felt like going, however, so they and Harry wandered onto the grounds, still talking about the extraordinary events of the previous night and wondering where Sirius and Buckbeak were now. Sitting near the lake, watching the giant squid waving its tentacles lazily above the water, Harry lost the thread of the conversation as he looked across to the opposite bank. The stag had galloped toward him from there just last night... A shadow fell across them and they looked up to see a very bleary-eyed Hagrid, mopping his sweaty face with one of his tablecloth-sized handkerchiefs and beaming down at them.

"Know I shouldn' feel happy, after wha' happened," he said. "I mean, Black escapin' again, an, everythin' — but guess what?"

"What?" they said, pretending to look curious.

"Beaky! He escaped! He's free! Bin celebratin' all night!"

"That's wonderful!" said Hermione, giving Y/N and Ron a reproving look because they'd looked as though they were close to laughing. "Yeah... can't've tied him up properly," said Hagrid, gazing happily out over the grounds. "I was worried this mornin', mind... thought he mighta met Professor Lupin on the grounds, but Lupin says he never ate anythin..."

"What?" chanted Harry and Y/N quickly.

"Blimey, haven' yeh heard?" said Hagrid, his smile fading a little. He lowered his voice, even though there was nobody in sight. "Er — Snape told all the Slytherins this mornin'... Thought everyone'd know by now... Professor Lupin's a werewolf an' told everyone he's Y/N father, see. Also mentioned yer powers, Y/N. An' he was loose on the grounds las' week... He's packin' now, o' course."

"He's packing?" said Harry, alarmed.

"Why?" Y/N questioned, daringly eyes narrowed.

"Leavin', isn' he?" said Hagrid, looking surprised that Harry had to ask. "Resigned this mornin'. Says he can't risk it happenin again. He's so incredibly sorry for wha' happened to Y/N's wais'"

Y/N instantly got up to her feet, and Harry reading her expression effortlessly, he got up on his too.

"Where d'yeh think yeh two are goin'?"

"Seeing Professor Lupin."

"But if he's resigned —"

" — doesn't sound like there's anything we can do —"

"To be fair, I don't I care very much right now," Y/N sighed, focused on pulling her hair up into a tie, "If Harry's willing to come, we'll both meet you back here."

"Wait! We're coming," Hermione shouted for Y/N behind the door, grabbing Ron's hand, bidding goodbye to Hagrid, and chasing after Y/N and Harry's retreating figures.

Lupin's office door was open. He had already packed most of his things. The Grindylow's empty tank stood next to his battered old suitcase, which was open and nearly full. Lupin was bending over something on his desk and looked up only when Harry knocked on the door.

"I saw you guys coming," said Lupin, smiling. He pointed to the parchment he had been poring over. It was the Marauder's Map.

"I just saw Hagrid," said Harry. "And he said you'd resigned. It's not true, is it?"

"I'm afraid it is," said Lupin. He started opening his desk drawers and taking out the contents.

"So it's final? You're leaving?" Y/N asked, eyes blazing on Lupin with each movement he took, "Again?"

Lupin stopped packing and gradually turned around with pursed lips, "I promise you, we'll see each other sooner than you expect. Believe me, it's not any less harder for me blindly to see you grow."

"So why're you leaving?"

Lupin crossed to the door and closed it behind Harry. "Professor Dumbledore managed to convince Fudge that I was trying to save your lives." He sighed. "That was the final straw for Severus. I think the loss of the Order of Merlin hit him hard. So he — er — accidentally let slip that I am a werewolf this morning at breakfast."

"I feel no hesitation in doing the red thing again if that's what Professor Snape's asking for, of course, with your permission," Y/N said robotically, side-eyeing Lupin for granted permission.

"No."

"Yes."

"N—" Lupin huffed, "Tell me, the first time you witnessed the anger to conjure chaos magic, it hurt, didn't it?"

"Yes actually," Y/N bemusedly replied.

Lupin bent down, both professer-ly and fatherly kneeling to share eye-level with his bewildered daughter, "That is exactly why you should not take advantage of your abilities, Y/N. The more extreme, the more affliction. I trust you have self-control over this."

Harry piped in their conversation, his index finger raised matter of factly, "She has no self-control, sir."

"— I have self-control." Y/N impishly grinned, pushing Harry's face out of Lupin's view.

"Don't worry, Professor," Hermione earnestly added, "We'll keep care and eye out for her.

"Hm."

"Moving on forward, this time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving from parents... They will not want a werewolf teaching their children, Y/N. And after last week, I see their point. I could have bitten any of you and I nearly did... That must never happen again."

Y/N read Lupin's expression flawlessly. The vehemence washed away like abluvion, washed into shore with now a traumatized gaze, nauseous even. Lupin's eyes were coated over in thick layers of déjà vu and —

"Do you feel comfortable with the idea of hugs?" Lupin quietly asked Y/N, eyelids drooped and colourless from a certain angle.

"What for?"

"You embody someone I used to know very well. . ."

"I don't despise hugs."

Lupin exhaled, "Neither do I."

Still kneeling infront of Y/N, Lupin engulfed his child in his arms, nervous about what she might think of him, needing this warmth more than anything this universe had to offer. Every void, any galaxy of choice, cluster of unlimited twinkling stars, it was worthless compared to his need of this hug he shared with his daughter he lost of for 13 years gone.

"Know that after what your Aunt Serephine tells you," Remus whispered, "I'm sorry."

Y/N was lost of words, her mind of young viritidy, she was told nothing an was expected to just listen.

Remus began, "Tell Serephine I grant her the permission to tell you everything what happened that night, every detail. You don't deserve to be kept from what's under the veil. I'm sorry. . ."

"It seems like you could use some company over the summer," Y/N spoke tenderly with mellow, "Aunt Serephine is an ever so fond woman and I'm sure she'd wouldn't oppose in having you over in the summer."

Remus looked startled at the saccharine talk that tumbled from Y/N's speech, "I beg to differ, I see she raised you better than I ever foolishly could, but I already caused enough of a burden to your remembrance with the attack and scars that I've left on you."

"These scars?" Y/N spoke enthusiastically, secretly enjoying to speak so sweet-irenically with the reply of Remus' eyes lighting up, "Pfft c'mon, I barely noticed —"

Ron scrunched his face, "—You spent 48 hours in the hospital wing with me—"

"— Like I said, barely noticed them!"

"The offer is very generous," Lupin replied, trying to sugar-coat his response hating to bring down Y/N's aeipathy spirits, "I'll take it into consideration but for now, I am afraid I must leave —"

There was a knock on the door. Harry hastily stuffed the Marauder's Map and the Invisibility Cloak into his pocket. It was Professor Dumbledore. He didn't look surprised to see the quartet there.

"Your carriage is at the gates, Remus," he said.

"Thank You, Headmaster."

Lupin picked up his old suitcase and the empty Grindylow tank.

"Well — good-bye, kids," he said, smiling. "It has been a real pleasure teaching you all. I feel sure we'll meet again sometime. Headmaster, there is no need to see me to the gates, I can manage..."

"Good-bye, then, Remus," said Dumbledore soberly. Lupin shifted the Grindylow tank slightly so that he and Dumbledore could shake hands. Then, with a final nod to Y/N and a swift smile, Lupin left the office.

"Why so miserable, Harry?" Dumbledore said quietly. "You should be very proud of yourself after last night."

Y/N leaned back to be in ear-shot of Hermione and Ron and whispered discreetly, "If you stay very quiet and still. . . he won't even notice you. . ."

"It didn't make any difference," said Harry bitterly. "Pettigrew got away."

"Didn't make any difference?" said Dumbledore quietly, "it made all the difference in the world, Harry. You helped uncover the truth. You saved an innocent man from a terrible fate."

Terrible. Something stirred in Harry's memory. Greater and more terrible than ever before... Professor Trelawney's prediction!

————. ° ♧︎: *.☽. * :☾. ♕ *. ————

Nobody at Hogwarts now knew the truth of what had happened the night that Sirius, Buckbeak, and Pettigrew had vanished except Harry, Ron, Y/N, Hermione, and Professor Dumbledore. As the end of term approached, Harry heard many different theories about what had really happened, but none of them came close to the truth. Malfoy was furious about Buckbeak. He was convinced that Hagrid had found a way of smuggling the Hippogriff to safety, and seemed outraged that he and his father had been outwitted by a gamekeeper. Malfoy seemed to take a liking and advantage in bothering Y/N, chanting about her relation with a 'monster', testing her temper-generated abilities.

The whole of Harry's Defense Against the Dark Arts class was miserable about Lupin's resignation.

"Wonder what they'll give us next year?" said Seamus Finnigan gloomily.

"Maybe a vampire," suggested Dean Thomas hopefully.

It wasn't only Professor Lupin's departure that was weighing on Harry's mind. He couldn't help thinking a lot about Professor Trelawney's prediction. He kept wondering where Pettigrew was now, whether he had sought sanctuary with Voldemort yet. But the thing that was lowering Harry's spirits most of all was the prospect of returning to the Dursleys. For maybe half an hour, a glorious half hour, he had believed he would be living with Sirius from now on... his parents' best friends... It would have been the next best thing to having his own father back. And while no news of Sirius was definitely good news, because it meant he had successfully gone into hiding, Harry couldn't help feeling miserable when he thought of the home he might have had, and the fact that it was now impossible.

The exam results came out on the last day of term. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had passed every subject. Harry was amazed that he had got through Potions. Y/N and Ron were seriously discussing the tragedies and threats Dumbledore must've cursed upon Snape for such generous marks in Potions, taking the Professor's obvious dislike for them into account.Percy had got his top-grade N.E.W.T.s; Fred and George had scraped a handful of O.W.L.s each. Gryffindor House, meanwhile, largely thanks to their spectacular performance in the Quidditch Cup, had won the House championship for the third year running. This meant that the end of term feast took place amid decorations of scarlet and gold, and that the Gryffindor table was the noisiest of the lot, as everybody celebrated. Even Harry managed to forget about the journey back to the Dursleys the next day as he ate, drank, talked, and laughed with the rest.

As the Hogwarts Express pulled out of the station the next morning, Hermione gave the rest of the quartet some surprising news. "I went to see Professor McGonagall this morning, just before breakfast. I've decided to drop Muggle Studies."

"But you passed your exam with three hundred and twenty percent!" said Ron.

"Well I'll be darned," Y/N huffed in seat.

"I know," sighed Hermione, "but I can't stand another year like this one. That Time-Turner, it was driving me mad. I've handed it in. Without Muggle Studies and Divination, I'll be able to have a normal schedule again."

"I'M STILL JEALOUS ABOUT THE WHOLE TWIRL IN TIME THING —"

"— Breathe Y/N," Harry whispered, grinning, almost speaking as if he had already grown into taking responsibility in this saying to her.

"We're supposed to be your friends," said Ron grumpily. 

"C'mon Ron, Neville and Luna are cool, they seem to be one to include their friends in life-changing voyages," said Y/N, seriously.

"VOYAGES! GET A LOAD OF THIS ONE," Harry barked out of laughter.

"Don't you dare. I promised I wouldn't tell anyone," said Hermione severely. She looked at Harry as she heard his laughter slow more subtle, his chin now propped on Y/N's right shoulder who was watching Hogwarts disappear from view behind a mountain. Two whole months before they'd all see it again...

"Oh, cheer up, Harry!" said Hermione sadly.

"What?" Y/N asked, forced to pry her eyes off the retreating silhouette of the castle, "What's wrong with Harry?"

"I'm okay," said Harry quickly. "Just thinking about the holidays."

Y/N nudged a move on her shoulder, getting Harry to lift his rest to stare her in the eyes, "Make me your guys' summer muse. Just you watch how many letters I'm planning on sending. Soon before you know it, they'll be smothering you in your sleep and half of them up for ars —"

"TAME HER HARRY! She's going to start a wildfire with all the letters.But I've also been thinking about them too," said Ron. "Harry, you've got to come visit us.  I'll fix it up with Mum and Dad, then I'll call you. I know how to use a fellytone now —"

"A telephone, Ron," said Hermione. "Honestly, you should take Muggle Studies next year..."

Ron ignored her.

"It's the Quidditch World Cup this summer! How about it, Harry? Come over, and we'll go and see it! Dad can usually get tickets from work. Goes for you too, Y/N. "

"I'd love to!"

"Yeah... I bet the Dursleys'd be pleased to let me come... especially after what I did to Aunt Marge..."

Feeling considerably more cheerful, Harry joined Y/N, Ron, and Hermione in several games of Exploding Snap, and when the witch with the tea cart arrived, he bought himself a very large lunch, though nothing with chocolate in it.

"Harry," said Y/N suddenly, "What's that thing outside the window?"

Harry turned to look outside. Something very small and gray was bobbing in and out of sight beyond the glass. He stood up for a better look and saw that it was a tiny owl, carrying a letter that was much too big for it. The owl was so small, in fact, that it kept tumbling over in the air, buffeted this way and that in the train's slipstream. Harry quickly pulled down the window, stretched out his arm, and caught it. It felt like a very fluffy Snitch. He brought it carefully inside. The owl dropped its letter onto Harry's seat and began zooming around their compartment, apparently very pleased with itself for accomplishing its task. Hedwig clicked her beak with a sort of dignified disapproval. Crookshanks sat up in his seat, following the owl with his great yellow eyes. Ron, noticing this, snatched the owl safely out of harm's way.

Harry picked up the letter. It was addressed to him. He ripped open the letter, and shouted, "It's from Sirius!"

"WHAT?"

"Read it aloud!" said Ron and Hermione excitedly.

Dear Harry,

I hope this finds you before you reach your aunt and uncle. I don't know whether they're used to owl post.

I am currently somewhere. I won't tell you where, in case this owl falls into the wrong hands. I have some doubt about his reliability, but he is the best I could find, and he did seem eager for the job. I am planning on seeing both, you and Y/N, soon.

I believe the Dementors are still searching for me, but they haven't a hope of finding me here. I am planning to allow some Muggles to glimpse me soon, a long way from Hogwarts, so that the security on the castle will be lifted.

There is something I never got around to telling you during our brief meeting. It was I who sent you the Firebolt —

"Ha!" said Hermione triumphantly. "See! I told you it was from him!"

Y/N lifted her head up and beamed at Hermione's triumph before Ron retaliated, "Yes, but he hadn't jinxed it, had he? Ouch!" The tiny owl now hooting happily in his hand, had nibbled one of his fingers in what it seemed to think was an affectionate way.

– Crookshanks took the order to the Owl Office for me. I used your name but told them to take the gold from my own Gringotts vault. Please consider it as thirteen birthdays' worth of presents from your godfather.

I would also like to apologize for the fright I think I gave you that night last year when you left your uncle's house. I had only hoped to get a glimpse of you before starting my journey north, but I think the sight of me alarmed you.

I am enclosing something else for you, which I think will make your next year at Hogwarts more enjoyable. Send my regards to my Y/N. Remember, this isn't the last you'll see or hear from me this summer.

If ever you need me, send word. Your owl will find me.

I'll write again soon.

Sirius

Harry looked eagerly inside the envelope. There was another piece of parchment in there. He read it through quickly and felt suddenly as warm and contented as though he'd swallowed a bottle of hot butterbeer in one gulp.

I, Sirius Black, Harry Potter's godfather, hereby give him permission to visit Hogsmeade on weekends.

"That'll be good enough for Dumbledore!" said Harry happily, shaking Y/N's arm repeatedly in excite. He looked back at Sirius's letter. "Hang on, there's a PS..."

I thought your friend Ron might like to keep this owl, as it's my fault he no longer has a rat.

Ron's eyes widened. The minute owl was still hooting excitedly. "Keep him?" he said uncertainly. He looked closely at the owl for a moment; then, to Harry's, Y/N's, and Hermione's great surprise, he held him out for Crookshanks to sniff.

"What do you reckon?" Ron asked the cat. "Definitely an owl?"

Crookshanks purred. "That's good enough for me," said Ron happily. "He's mine."

Y/N squealed, clapping her hands in eudaimonia, "That's great, Ron!"

Harry read and reread the letter from Sirius all the way back into King's Cross station. It was still clutched tightly in his hand as he, Y/N,  Ron, and Hermione stepped back through the barrier of platform nine and three-quarters. Harry spotted Uncle Vernon at once. He was standing a good distance from Aunt Serephine accompanied by Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, eyeing them suspiciously, and when Mrs. Weasley hugged Harry in greeting.

Mr and Mrs. Weasley greeted themselves to Y/N, Mrs.Weasley's hands on her shoulders, "Lovely to meet you, dear. We've heard great story in the past 7 minutes from your Auntie"

"Aunt Serephine?!" Y/N exclaimed, "Oh where is she?!"

"I saw her around over there! I'll call about the World Cup!" Ron yelled running after the twins as he already bid Harry, Y/N, and Hermione goodbye.

Hugging Hermione goodbye already, Y/N whipped her head around, chanting her and Serephine's anthem to find her in the crowd, "SOMETIMES I WISH THAT I COULD FREEZE THE PICTURE!"

"— AND SAVE IT FROM THE FUNNY TRICKS OF TIME!"

There Aunt Serephine stood, in a black wide brim sun hat, lilac summer dress, and lincoln green sandals. Y/N tilted her head with her radiant overflowing grin, dashing through the crowd into her arms. Aunt Serephine's slender fingers curled around her head as she engulfed her whole heartedly.

Serephine threw her head back in bliss of gezellig, "What did they feed youwhy are you not the same height as you were when I dropped you off last year, 'my you've grown! You're almost up to my bust!"

Kissing her head continuously, Y/N looked up with a wicked grin, "I know everything you safe keeping vault of blood line descendant secrets!"

"What."

"But we can save it for later!" Y/N grinned innocently.

Completely thrown off guard, Aunt Serephine's eyes met Harry's and she nearly yelped at seeing her best friend's son right before her, "OH MY MERLIN, CAN I PLEASE HAVE AUTOGRAPH, I HAVE A PEN AND PAPER READY —"

Harry's beaming smile of witnessing the retrouvaille shared between Y/N and Aunt Serephine immediately dropped in horror.

"nah I'm just kidding" Aunt Serephine snickered, "I'd never do such thing to you."

Harry's retreated smile returned.

Aunt Serephine embraced Harry in a motherly-warmed hug swaying his body in her arms like she did the day he was born in summer. Harry smiled toothily not hesitating, surprisingly, returning the same energetic hug to the lady. The touch felt so ancient, yet nostalgic.

Aunt Serephine had parted herself from Harry and bent on her knees in front of him, cupping Harry's face in her sylphlike hands, smirking at how she exactly predicted what Lily and James' son would look like in potions class back in her days watching James' send love letters to Lily, "Y/N feast your eyes on this beautiful boy, Potter, you did your parents justice, I tell you!"

Aunt Serephine was everything Harry expected from Y/N's stories, and more.

Y/N groaned, laughing in between, "Merlin save me the embarrassment, name the price —"

"She seems deranged," a random man piped in from out of the blue.

Y/N's head whipped around, glaring metal daggers from her eyes to his.

"Ersorry, I'l- I'll just go now."

"Oh how I've missed you two," Aunt Serephine complained eyes shut in rasasvada.

"Who are you?" Uncle Vernon started from behind the lady, who greeted her in his usual fashion.

Aunt Serephine scrunched her nose hearing the vermin in his voice, turned around, looked Uncle Vernon dead in the eye, turning back to Y/N with disgusted wide eyes, turning back to Vernon "The hell are you?"

"The boy's guardian," Uncle Vernon spat, jerking his head at Harry. "You guardian of the girl?

Y/N's eyes lit up in opportunity for a formal greet she has intended on planning for first hearing about Vernon, subsiding the little tinge of hot vexation he conjured. She walked up next to Harry, linked arms with him, and tucking her right hand in her pockets,

"Hm, I'm Y/N Harlow, potentially Y/N Lupin. Daughter of a werewolf and practically comrades with a framed convicted murderer who escaped only the most dangerous prison. And I'm a walking fire simulator if you'd like to add that to perspective too, so how are you doing on this very fine day, sir?"

Smiling unconvincingly amiably, she extended her hand out for him to shake, letting her fingertips emit scarlet flames of witchery for Vernon to shake hands with.

"Oh we are so having this dire talk when we get home," Aunt Serephine breathed out, awe-stricken.

"Demented people. What's that?" Uncle Vernon snarled, staring at the envelope Harry was still clutching in his hand. "If it's another form for me to sign, you've got another —"

"It's not," said Harry cheerfully. "It's a letter from my godfather."

"His godfather," Y/N repeated proudly.

"Godfather?" sputtered Uncle Vernon. "You haven't got a godfather!"

"Bless his soul," Aunt Serephine muttered under her breath, fixing her hat upright.

"Yes, I have," said Harry brightly. "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run, like Harlow said. He likes to keep in touch with me, though... keep up with my news... check if I'm happy..."

"Check if he's exceedingly happy," Y/N taunted ghost-like behind his shoulder, beaming hysterically.

"I'm not sure you're very fond of having Harry around," Aunt Serephine quipped in, "I suggest you could use the break, you look like it too, let him stay over the summer at mines."

"WHAT?" Uncle Vernon shouted, unexpected.

"WHAT!" Harry yelled, on the verge of euphoric tears.

"WHAT?!" Y/N roared through a grin, her mind already visioning summer.

"Yes, well," Aunt Serephine shook her head, chuckling, "I'll care for him over the summer, a room will be given, of course I'll feed himwhat kind of a pillock would I be if I starved a boy, right?"

Harry clenched his jaw, biting back his smile, his chest uplifted hopefully for an answer of approval.

"This has been the worst 8 minutes of my entire life of existing," Vernon huffed in annoyance.

"So be it," Serephine smiled sweetly.

"I only approve for a week, but on one condition," Uncle Vernon sighed in defeat, "You bring him back home, Harry knows the address, 4 Pivet Drive, I'm not wasting gas on you any longer."

"SO BE IT," Aunt Serephine whooped in achievement, "A WEEK OF SUMMER WITH HARRY IT IS!"

After change of events, Harry's trolley followed Y/N and Aunt Serephine to her 560SL beige 4-seat Mercedes Benz. Aunt Serephine was always one to balance Classy-and-Craze. And so Harry found himself shoulder-to-shoulder with Y/N, beautiful genuine smiles painted on their lips dancing with the wind that met with them once more. Y/N always kept her bandanas in the backseats pocket to wear for when she would drive in open highways with Aunt Serephine, chasing the the dusk.

They, Aunt Serephine and Harry and Y/N in the back, rode in the car to their endless summer fun. Blasting 'Life is a Highway' with Aunt Serephine screaming lyrically laughing from seeing Y/N attempting to put a bandana around Harry's head from the rear view mirror. They drove, laughed, sung, chanted, swayed arms, and simply beamed ahead for summer solstice.

"I'm not going to have to miss you anymore!" Harry screamed through the wind.

"I'm never going to miss you!" Y/N hollered back, laughing at the wind beating against her skin.

What they didn't know, was a certain someone's presence, sat on the steps back at Aunt Serephine's large cottage.

————. ° ♧︎: *.☽. * :☾. ♕ *. ————

𝑆𝐻𝐸 𝑊𝐴𝑆 𝐴 𝑊𝑂𝑁𝐷𝐸𝑅
𝑆𝑃𝐸𝑁𝑇 𝐻𝐸𝑅
𝑆𝑈𝑀𝑀𝐸𝑅𝑆
𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑆𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝐹𝐿𝑈𝑇𝑇𝐸𝑅𝐼𝑁𝐺
𝑃𝐼𝐸𝐶𝐸𝑆 𝑂𝐹 𝑃𝑅𝑂𝑆𝐸
𝐴𝑁𝐷
𝐸𝐴𝑇𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝑆𝑇𝑅𝐴𝑊𝐵𝐸𝑅𝑅𝐼𝐸𝑆
☯︎︎

(A/N THIRD YEAR IS DONE- my love goes out to all of my loyal readers who unfailingly always stay hilarious and loving. IVE TORTURED YALLS CURIOSITY LONG ENOUGH- next chapter will be completely dedicated to explaining the secrets that were slowly revealed. Then summer chapters>euphoric memories>fourth year> and say hi to drama. I love you all endlessly, thank you for 15k!!)

𝙄𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙪𝙩 ☯︎︎

level three completed, round four.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 147K 103
โžฅCOMPLETED โFred Weasley! You're such a pain in the arse!โž, she yelled, throwing her hands up furiously, but he just smirked with the usual mischievo...
17.4K 408 38
โ๐–ถ๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—…๐–บ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‹?โž ๐–บ๐—Œ๐—„๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—๐–บ๐—‹๐—‹๐—’ ๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹. โ๐–จ๐–ฟ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž ๐—๐–บ๐—‡๐— ๐—Ž๐—Œ ๐—๐—ˆ, ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐—…๐–บ๐—Œ๐—...
2.9K 73 35
"And I told you that it was a stupid mistletoe! I don't like her anymore!" Violet yelled back, making Harry's glare turn into a surprised look. แดกแดษดแด…แด‡...
120K 3.4K 29
in which james had a son and sirius had a daughter. sounds like fate, right? โญ’ ( โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ฅ ๐‘œ๐‘ )