𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈 ─ a marauder's mágoa.

————

————. ° ♧︎: *.☽. * :☾. ♕ *. ————

Y/N's mind had gone blank with shock. The four of them stood transfixed with horror under the Invisibility Cloak. The very last rays of the setting sun were casting a bloody light over the long-shadowed grounds. Then, behind them, they heard a wild howling.

Oh how revolting it was for Y/N's youthful eyes to first see such death of a beloved memory being executed into nothingness. The same animal Harry and Y/N soared on over the sky with was the same animal that had been slashed right before their eyes of sheer saudade. The blare of the axe cutting through the memory reverberates in Y/N's head, ricochetting off the transparent walls in the hollowness of her wiped mind.

Hermione's whimpers were melancholic cassettes hollered against everyone's dense atmosphere. She nestled her head into the curve Ron's neck, hands enfolded around him, and his sweater dissolving her tears into its knitting.

It wasn't took long after Harry took one glance at Y/N's crest-fallen, appalled expression before he embosomed her in an embrace, took ahold of the back of her head, and lowered it into the crook of his neck. His aroma soothing every nerve in her, Y/N enclosed her self around his tremulous body letting him leave a tristful kiss on her temple.

"You're okay," Harry muttered into Y/N's hair.

Hermione's breathing was shallow and uneven.

"How — could — they?" she choked. "How could they?"

"Come on," said Ron, whose teeth seemed to be chattering.

They set off back toward the castle, walking slowly to keep themselves hidden under the cloak. The light was fading fast now.

By the time they reached open grounds, darkness was settling like a spell around them.

"Scabbers, keep still," Ron hissed, clamping his hand over his chest. The rat was wriggling madly. Ron came to a sudden halt, trying to force Scabbers deeper into his pocket. "What's the matter with you, You stupid rat? Stay still — OUCH! He bit me!"

"So audacious," Y/N sniffled, "We'll see what the minister will have to say about this when he hears us all."

"Honestly! Ron, be quiet!" Hermione whispered urgently. "Fudge'll be out here in a minute —"

"He won't — stay — put —"

Scabbers was plainly terrified. He was writhing with all his might, trying to break free of Ron's grip.

"What's the matter with him?"

But Harry had just seen — stinking toward them, his body low to the ground, wide yellow eyes glinting eerily in the darkness — Crookshanks. Whether he could see them or was following the sound of Scabbers's squeaks, Harry couldn't tell.