Secrets

By bub940

A 15 year-old boy and his friends take on criminal masterminds as agents of Pheonix. More

Target Acquired
Shots Fired
HQ Log 22857
HQ
Blast from the Past
Avengers Assemble
The Boat
The Kansas Boarder
A Slight Detour
Belly of the Beast
You Only Live Twice
Here we go Again
HQ Log 63598
Bits and Pieces
Chapter 16
Some Things Never Change...
A Brief Interlude
And Some Things Do
Take Me Out, to the Black
Tell 'em I ain't Comin' Back
Burn the Land and Boil the Sea
Making Plans
Extracurricular Activities
Festivities Cut Short
The Final Frontier
Prolouge
Author's note

Good Talk

17 2 0
By bub940

I push past Geoffrey and Sara and walk towards The Cage, a large holding cell that even Thor couldn't break through. Inside was the girl. Short, tan, wild hair. She was a brown haired girl with brown eyes that seemed to darken when she was upset and light up like twin suns when she wasn't. Now they were veritable black holes.

"How're you feeling?" I ask, building up to a cynical opener. "I trust they didn't treat you too harshly, after all you've been through you could use some rest and a bandage. Oh that's me. Sorry."

"What do you want?" She asks casually. No change in her expression.

"I want my father back!" I yell with a semblance of a Spaniard's accent. She looks confused. "Princess Bride? Inigo Montoya? No? Oh well, I thought it was funny."

She repeats herself. "What do you want?"

"A couple of fingers would be nice." I say waving my hand about. "Or an explanation. Maybe some information. That'd cover it. Where's Kara?"

"I wouldn't tell you that even if I knew." Before I can ask she anticipates my next question. "She hires and sets up a contract. At another meeting point she pays. The location isn't set up until 12 hours before the exchange."

"So when will you know?" I ask, the interrogation is going better than I had planned.

"Anytime I can check my computer." She answers.

"What do I check and where is it?"

"My laptop recieves private communications from Kara when we meet. It should be there. You confiscated my backpack though so look in that."

"How do I get in?" I ask. She's being very cooperative, I like it.

"It reads my thumbprint. You need me to get in." She answers. So there's the catch, I think to myself.

"Fine but as soon as that's done hand it back and I wont shoot you."

I get her laptop and bring it to her. When she gets it she says, "I have something important to tell you. But I forgot what."

"You forgot?" I ask skeptically. "People don't just forget things like that so what is it?"

"I really forgot. Oh, there's also a password on the computer, let me write it down for you." I hand her a peice of paper and, without looking, she writes something down on it. Something much longer than a password.

When she hands it back I read it silently.

     I'm being forced to cooperate with Kara. There's a lens in my eye that shows her what I see. If I dont do what she tells me she'll kill me. Help.

I think for a second before looking at the computer and entering the password she wrote at the bottom of the page, the girl doesn't look at me.

I see a message on screen from Kara, the Kopylow Hotel, Paris. Eighteenth floor, room B9.

"Let's go to Paris." I get up and walk away from her wthout looking back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32 0 15
High school student discovers supernatural powers and joins a group of others with similar powers to protect his hometown from creatures born from pe...
39 0 15
In a future where nanotechnology has granted humans supernatural abilities, a boy granted with the strangest one of them all attempts to become the g...
32 0 1
A teenage boy is forced to participate in a fight to the death for his country.
109 1 9
This is the tragic tale of 5 high school teens who were at a Halloween party but what they did not know was that the party was going to summon someth...