Interests (Draken x Reader)

By Takemichiuhh

(Y/N) Tachibana has come to stay with her cousin, Hinata for the next few years. Moving to Japan was a major... More

'What's Your Name?' (chapter 1)
'He's 13?' (Chapter 3)
Crashing a Motorcycle and Other Fun Activities (Chapter 4)
'What Are You Doing Here' (Chapter 5)
'New Fears' (Chapter 6)
'Tomato Juice' (Chapter 7)
'Moebius' (Chapter 8)
Distance (Chapter 9)
'Would It Be Bad?' (Chapter 10)
Trusting and Believing (Chapter 11)
'Precious Memories' (Chapter 12)
'The Only Safe One' (Chapter 13)
'Mr. Whiskers' (Chapter 14)
'Why Am I Here?' (Chapter 15)
'Are We About To Kiss Right Now' (Chapter 16)
Wish (Chapter 17)
'I Love You' (Chapter 18)
Mr. Wiskers Part 2 (Chapter 19)
'Draken'(Chapter 20)
'Take Care Of Him' (Chapter 21)
'Goodbye' (Chapter 22)
'Does It Hurt' (Chapter 23)
'Reverse' (Chapter 24)
'Cold' (Chapter 25)
'<3' (Chapter 26)
'Sleep' (Chapter 27)
(50K Special)
'Tetta Kisaki' (Chapter 28)
'Disrespect' (Chapter 29)
Home (Chapter 30)
'Odd' (Chapter 31)
(100k special)
Emma (Chapter 32)
Betrayal (Chapter 33)
Guilt (Chapter 34)
Fight (Chapter 35)
'The Worst Outcome' (Chapter 36)
Falter (Chapter 37)
Last Breath (Chapter 38)
Ends and Beginnings (Chapter 39)
This Broken Heart of Mine (Chapter 40/ End of Part 1)
Wheelie (Epilogue)

Attention (Chapter 2)

36.2K 1.4K 1.9K
By Takemichiuhh

[Edited] Episode 3 spoiler warning, no TWs.

(Y/N) sits in her last class slumped over her desk only half awake. She daydreams of going back home and playing games with Hinata and Naoto. She's much better than the two of them in most board games. She finds it a bit hilarious when Hinata gets mad about losing.

Hinata. She sits right beside (Y/N), throwing her an occasional glance. Hinata is worried about (Y/N). She hasn't said much about how she's adapting to her new life, but then again, with how (Y/N) is that could be a good sign. She took no comment as no complaints, though could (Y/N) be completely content with her new home? Not a single problem?

"Psst, (Y/N)." Whispers Hinata as she jabs the end of her pencil into (Y/N)'s side. (Y/N) jumps as she snaps her neck around to look at Hinata.

"Ow! What do you want?" Asks (Y/N). She scowls at Hinata as she sits up straighter.

"Don't forget to tell Naoto I'm going to be home late." Hinata says. Ahh yes, her date with Takemichi.

"What do you mean late? You are going with Takemichi before Cram and then coming home your normal time, you dummy." (Y/N) mumbles as she slumps back down. "Ow!" She quietly exclaims as Hinata pokes her again, harder this time.

"Class is almost over and it would be nice if you payed attention for the last ten minutes." Says Hinata with a disapproving look.

"Ten minutes? I could take a nap in ten min— hey, don't point that thing at me." Says (Y/N) as she shields her side with her hand. Hinata has begun pointing the end of her pencil at (Y/N) in a very threatening way. "I'm awake." Murmurs (Y/N) and she would stay awake just to avoid Hinata's jabs.

"Okay good, you need to be paying attention to—"

"Hinata Tachibana, please pay attention." Calls the teacher from the front of the room. Hinata throws her a scowl when some of their classmates quietly snicker.

Once class lets out Hinata and (Y/N) make their way through the school, her looking for Takamichi and (Y/N) looking for her locker. Even after the few days she's been in school, (Y/N) still doesn't know where her locker is.

(Y/N) quietly hopes she finds her locker before Hinata finds Takemichi. She knows she shouldn't worry, but what if he brings up yesterday? It would be a little embarrassing to have to explain how two random dudes saved Takemichi and not (Y/N). She doubted they would find Takemichi soon though. Isn't his last period class on the other side of the school? (Y/N) doubted she would be seeing Takemichi anytime soon—

"Hey, is that Takemichi?" Someone asks.

Dammit.

Hinata stops dead in her tracks as she glares at the scene in front of her. Before (Y/N) could even really take in what she was seeing, Hinata began marching confidently their way. Their, being, Takemichi and the two guys from yesterday who are trapping him between the two of them.

"Hinata!" (Y/N) exclaims just barely loud enough for Hinata herself to hear. Maybe she didn't hear, because she doesn't even hesitate. She stops right beside Hinata.

"'Kay, let's go!" The commander dude says. (Y/N) finds it a little annoying that she doesn't even know their names.

"Hold on." Hinata shouts. (Y/N) sighs deeply as she stands beside her. She straightened her back to make herself seem as tall as possible.

"Who are you?" Asks the boy with the dragon tattoo. His eyes twitch from Hinata, to (Y/N), to Takemichi, and back to (Y/N). He stares at her for a short moment before turning his gaze to Hinata.

"Oh, hey. Sorry, I'm kinda tied up here." Says Takemichi as he scratches the back of his neck, sweat-dropping.

Hinata slowly brings her hand up. (Y/N) realizes what she's about to do, and almost on instinct, grabs Hinata's hand. Hinata glares at her before speaking to the boys.

"Who do you think you are? Showing up to a school you don't go to and trying to take someone out by force." Says Hinata. "Takemichi comes home beaten up all the time...."

"Not our fault," the tattooed one says bluntly. He glances between the two girls.

"I'll do whatever it takes to protect Takemichi," Hinata says, "Even if that means beating the two of you up."

He laughs darkly, "Who do you think you're talking to?" He takes a step towards Hinata, losing all interest in Takemichi.

Takemichi grabs the mans shoulder. The guy stares at him with a confused expression. (Y/N) tightens her grip on Hinata's arm, though it's more to give herself reassurance than anything.

"What are you—"

"I won't let you hurt them! There's just some things I can't lose again." Shouts Takemichi, tears trickling down his face.

Again?

"Again?"

"And here I thought," starts the commander, "that you and I would become great friends. Seems you've chosen to die." His eyes dark, round. He stalks towards Takemichi.

"Just promise you won't touch them!"

"I do what I want." Says the commander. He winds up his fist, following through, and.... "Haha, just kidding!" He begins patting Takemichi's shoulder. "Hah! So gullible! Like I'd ever hit a woman!"

The one with the tattoo hangs his arm around Takemichi and begins talking to him, though (Y/N) can't hear his words. She finds herself a bit too scared to move yet. She does notice, however, that the man glances at her over his shoulder. (Y/N) becomes very curious to know what he's saying, though she decides not to push her luck. The commander makes his way to the door, standing right beside it, he says;

"You're alright, Takemichi."

***

"Thank you for saving me, (Y/N)-Chan!" The commander exclaims while they stand outside the school doors.

"It's no problem. By the way, I never caught your names." Replies (Y/N) with a tiny grin. She is especially keen on hearing about the tattooed ones name.

"Names Manjiro Sano, but you can call me Mikey." The commander, Mikey, says.

(Y/N) turns her head to look at the other one only to find him staring at her. "Ken Ryuguji. Everyone calls me Draken though." He says with a nod.

Draken, like the tattoo.

"(Y/N)-Chan, come walk with me. I'll drop you off at the house before Cram school." Suggest Hinata.

"Can (Y/N)-Chin come with us?" Asks Mikey. His grin is a bit eerie. (Y/N) throws a glance at Takemichi. He still looks a bit shaken up. It would probably be better for (Y/N) to stay with him. At least for a little bit

"Uhm, if she wants to?" Says Hinata, though she isn't sure what to say exactly. (Y/N) shrugs at her and she shrugs back.

"Why?" Asks (Y/N). She tilts her head at Mikey, resting her hands on her hips.

"Because it would be fun." Mikey replies. "Don't you want to hang out with us?"

"Not particularly, no."

"Just ride along." Draken says as he walks up behind her. "If you get bored I'll personally drive you home." He sets his large hand on her shoulder and she can't tell if he's doing it to comfort or scare her.

"Huh." (Y/N) says. She doesn't particularly know if she wants to go or not. It would be intriguing to see where this goes, though she would like to go home and play with Naoto or something. She doesn't have any siblings back in America, so she kind of thinks of him as a baby brother. "What direction are you going?"

Mikey points off down the street, "Over that way. Why do you ask?"

(Y/N) considers this for a brief moment. Maybe she should stand up to her curiosity just as Takemichi had to these two. "Because our place is in that direction. I'll ride with you until we get there, 'Mkay?."

"Deal." Says Mikey. His grin is a little scary. Then again, his existence in general is a bit frightening.

"Okay, well, I'll see you guys later. (Y/N)-Chan, give me your bag and I'll take it to the house." Says Hinata. (Y/N) does as she's told and hands over her school bag.

"Thanks, also could you put that in my room?" Says (Y/N) as her arms drop to her side.

"Sure, bye bye." Replies Hinata with a short wave.

(Y/N) glares at Draken as he settles down on his bike. He doesn't notice her at first, but after a second take on her expression he asks, "What?" 

"I can walk." (Y/N) says. "Home."

"No, no. You already agreed." Mikey says with a smirk. He walks over to Draken's bike and pats the open seat twice, "hop on!"

"What if I fall off."

"You won't." Replies Draken.

"How do you know that?"

"Stop worrying, (Y/N)-Chin." Mikey says with a gentle laugh. "Now sit down on that God damn—"

"Yep, okay!" (Y/N) says in a fake cheerful voice. Slowly, she leans back on the seat. She flinched a little as she feels her back touch Draken's.

"Let's go!" Says Mikey as Takemichi, who he had forced to peddle, pushes off.

"Don't go so fast!" Shouts (Y/N). Her fingers cling to  the seat as if it's the only thing that can keep her from falling.

"What are you going to do? Slap me?" Asks Draken with a laugh.

"Maybe. That's sounding good to me."

"Don't. And stop moving around you idiot. If we crash it's your fault." Remarks Draken as he peddles a bit faster. (Y/N) sits forward slowly before leaning back hard. The back of her head hits Draken hard in the back. "Stop!"  He yells. (Y/N) laughs.

Mikey laughs a little with (Y/N).

"Takemichi, trade?" Asks (Y/N). She smiles at him reassuringly. Takemichi glances between her and Draken, his face turning slightly pale.

"Uhm, I dunno, I kinda like it here...." says Takemichi as he promptly turns his eyes on the road ahead of him. No matter how long (Y/N) stares at him she just can't seem to get his attention. With a sigh she releases her gaze and looks at the area around them.

"Our apartment is down that street." Points (Y/N) once she's decided Takemichi is perfectly fine here. Takemichi and Draken come to a stop right where the street they're on and the one to Hinata's apartment connects.

"Cya, (Y/N)-Chan!" Calls Takemichi. She waves at him and he waves back. She grins at Mikey and Draken.

"Bye bye Takemichi-Kun. Cya Mikey-Chin. Draken-Kun." Calls (Y/N) as she promptly turns around and runs up the stairs. She's surprised to find Draken's eyes on her as she enters the apartment. The second she's inside, the three of them leave.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Word count: 1,955

Ahh, hope everyone enjoyed this chapter :))
I tried my best to hold off on the cringe I swear. The next chapter is going to be the first of many that don't have anything from the anime storyline in it. It probably won't be as long since this one and the one before are both about 2.5k words. I try to make all of my chapters somewhat long though.

Sorry if grammar and spelling aren't the best. I don't look over these before publishing them-

Anyways:

Upvotes/comments/follows are much appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

564K 28.9K 105
โ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค'๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ช๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š. ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™™๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™ข ๐™ค๐™› ๐™—๐™š๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. โž ...
232K 9K 63
#1. Tokyo 07/06/21 #1. Takemichi 07/06/21 #1. Maleinsert 07/30/21 #2. Animefanfiction 08/03/21 #1. Draken 09/07/21 #1. Revengers 01/12/22 #2...
12.1K 427 13
Update: IT'S SO FUCKING CRINGE I CAN'T but if you're in your shitty wp stories era I hope you enjoy and get over it๐Ÿ’€โœ‹ Hanma and y/n have a playful r...