HIS GREATEST BETRAYAL

By Nyanya_Writes

To her , it was his ultimate betrayal but to him , it was her redemption. ... More

All rights reserved
PROLOGUE
BOOK ONE : HOW IT BEGAN
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BOOK TWO: THE ENCOUNTER
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
BOOK THREE : SCARS OF THE PAST
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW BOOK ALERT!

Chapter 64

2.6K 101 3
By Nyanya_Writes

SILVIA'S POV

Claudius pulled his car to a stop in front of my parent's house. He opened the glove compartment and silently handed me a handkerchief. I have been crying ever since l met Jane at the hospital. She looked so broken and depressed over Ferracco's accident. I was also disappointed over Ferracco's critical condition. I didn't love him when we were still together , but l have always been fond of him. He was one of those few people who didn't fake themselves around me .

Claudius pulled me in for a hug. I tightened my arms around him and buried my face in the crook of his neck , breathing in his familiar scent. That has always managed to calm me down everytime l was depressed or angry. He kissed my forehead and cupped my cheeks ,staring at me with sad eyes. Jane was his best friend and l knew Ferracco's accident had upset him all the same.

"I am worried about Jane," l whispered to him.

"Ferracco will be fine. They will both be fine," he tried convincing me.

I nodded my head ,praying that he was right. When my uncle Zac, aunt Debra's husband had an accident , everyone had assured her that everything was going to turn out well until Uncle Zac had to be buried.

"She will be fine. Jane is much stronger than you will ever imagine," Claudius told me ,whilst stroking my cheek.

"Now stop crying, the baby will also be upset."

A smile broke out on my face at the mention of the baby. She was one of the people besides Claudius that made me smile no matter how sad l was. Claudius leaned his forehand against mine as his hand lightly stroked my growing belly.

"Should we find out the sex of the baby," he asked , his forehead still leaning on mine.

"No. I want it to be surprise."

"Seems like we have some company," Claudius spoke out, staring beyond me.

I followed his gaze and my eyes narrowed in anger. My father was standing by the window glaring at us. He threw one last glare at me before closing the curtain and striding away.

Ever since l confronted him on his attempt to buy Claudius, we had grown further apart. I had threatened to run away if he ever attempted to meddle in my affairs. Because of his selfishness, of course my father wouldn't let it happen because he knew that almost 35% of his company's revenue was made because l was the face of Paula Advertising firm. Ever since my threat to him, he had remained low key.

But knowing the type of person he was, l knew his silence was only a calm before a storm. He was silently brewing something and it nerved me to think that I had no idea of his wretched plans.

"I guess that's my cue to leave," Claudius's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I kissed Claudius goodnight and got out of his car . l stood outside for a while as l watched him drive away. I heard my father shouting in his study room as I went up to my room. Ever since my mother divorced him and eloped to Australia with her new lover , he has been acting like some psycho , firing workers for no reason. I knew that he never loved my mother but he was only angry because his might ego has been bruised and moreover his reputation has been tarnished.

Nevertheless , l was worried about him. I went up to his study room. The door was slightly ajar. My father was standing by his desk shouting into the phone. He was clearly drunk. I felt sorry for the person who was at the receiving end of his temper. My father could be cruel and mean when he chose to. I was about to walk in when his next words froze me in my steps.

"Expect your money in your bank account by tomorrow morning. After that go into hiding and make sure no one finds you. I don't want this thing traced back to me and if it happens you are a dead man walking. Got that?," he snarled.

I drew back behind the door with shock and continued eavesdropping. I wondered what father was up to. He waited for a moment listening to whatever the caller on the other side was saying.

"Did you make sure the accident was fatal. I want that damn bastard rotting in hell by now,'' he continued in a sarcastic voice.

My hand clamped over my mouth to muffle my sob. I staggered backwards in shock and hit the door in the process. He raised his face at that moment and our eyes collided. His eyes widened in shock upon seeing me.

"Did you...," I asked him in a wobbling voice.

His lips suddenly turned up into a sneer and l felt sick inside. I felt disgusted staring at his sneering face. How could he smile after nearly causing someone's death. I strode towards him in anger. I stopped mere inches from him and glared.

"Father, how could you? ," l shouted at him with tears streaming down my face.

His face then hardened.

"No one humiliates me and expects to get away with it. Lucas Moretti made a fool of me in front of all Rio. He dumped my daughter and within a week he was saying vows to another woman. I became a laughing stock. Till now l can't show my face at any business party out of shame. He broke your heart and made you so desperate that you ended up getting pregnant by that good for nothing rascal. He ruined us," he shouted back at me.

I shook my head , finding it difficult to believe that he would attempt to end Luca's life based on that reason alone.

"Lucas, didn't ruin us. Your company is going down because of the poor business decisions you made. You are only resentful because l couldn't marry him and you failed to get your dirty hands on his money. And don't you dare use the excuse that he broke my heart because you never cared about me."

" Don't you dare raise your voice at me , young lady!"

I stood there for a moment , glaring at his unapologetic face. Suddenly the urge to get away from the house became overwhelming. I swiftly turned around to leave but his angry voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Are you going to sell me out?," he gritted out.

I turned back and glared at him with all the animosity l could muster. I have never liked him before but l didn't imagine l could hate him so much like the way l was feeling now . He barked out a humourless laughter.

"What if l do?," l challenged him, earning a sarcastic smirk from him.

"Go ahead, princess but know that l won't go down alone, daughter or not. If you ever betray me , l will make sure you go down with me. Keep quite and just think about your baby."

I stared at him unable to believe that my own father would threaten me in such a way. I stumbled out of his study room blinded by tears.

****
JANE'S POV

The next day, Hazel came to the hospital with Elena. Ferracco's doctor performed some tests on her while we waited outside in the waiting room. After an hour of pacing around the room, the doctor came out of the laboratory. We all rushed to him.

"Doctor?," l asked him.

He stared at me through his wire rimmed glasses and shook his head at me. A sob escaped me and l stumbled backwards and Amira caught me.

"Their bone marrow didn't match. They have different blood groups. Elena's blood group is a rare type," the doctor voiced out my worst fears.

I laid against Amira feeling dizzy and weak. As far as l was concerned, Ferracco had no other blood relative alive except for Elena and Elena was no match. I felt sick inside just thinking about it.

"Doctor, how much time do we have?," l heard Luis asking the doctor over the sound of blood pounding in my head.

"We have to perform the surgery within a week. It's in early stages and we have to eliminate it before it spreads to other parts of the body."

I dropped down on the nearest bench sobbing uncontrollably.

A/N: l just want to thank everyone who managed to be patient with me till this chapter. His greatest betrayal is nearing it's end.

Just finished watching Naamkaran 😥. I just can't get over Avneil. I have watched so many Hindi series but for me , Aditi and Zain nailed it. Yooh , such passion!

For me, Naamkaran was not just a show , it was an emotion.

The other actors l can't get over are Octavia and Lincoln from The 100.

Tell me which series you can't get over till now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 137 34
A story filled with love, beauty, and pain. Read to find out...
142K 4.3K 35
******completed****** A man of 5.9 height is walking through the glass door. He was wearing a black suit. The driver opened the door of his BMW. The...
1.4M 45K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
118K 6K 57
[18+] [Photoframe Series Book #1]🦋 [🎖️The Fiction Awards 2020 winner] It's a new adult love story with a possessive, billionaire hero and scandalou...