A Different Kind

By CaritaCrafford

Alexandra or Alex for short leaves Mystic Falls to live with her Uncle Charlie Swan, the half brother of her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 36

2.7K 54 1
By CaritaCrafford

She watched as Bella trained to use her shield .

It had turned out that Bella had the neat ability to shield others from harm . The only problem was that she wouldn't be able to shield others from being decapitated by other Vampires .

Near her Grayson sat playing with cars that Emmett had given him to play with .

Often than not she'd look at him to make sure that he was safe and content .

She looked up from her perch on the porch swing when Rosalie plopped down next to her .

" Carlisle's looking for you ," she said .

Alexandra frowned slightly. He obviously know where she is . Why haven't he come to her by himself?.

" I'll watch Gray. You go to him . He's in his room".

Sighing softly the Döppelganger stood up , walking into the house with a brisk pace .

He was indeed in his room and stood watching the on going training from his window .

" You could've come to me yourself ," she grumbled as she stepped up to stand beside him .

He smirked amusedly.
" I know ,but where's the fun in that?. Anyway , a letter arrived for you in the post today . Your Uncle brought it to me at the hospital . It's from Harry . "

" Oh , did you read it ?".

He shook his head ." No and I'm not going to . But that's not really why I asked Rosalie to fetch you.  I wanted to spend time alone with you . As friends, of course , but I was hoping a little bit that you'd be willing to ...."

His voice trailed off and she understood clearly what he wanted . It was useless to even think otherwise.

" I'm sorry . You and I are friends only . I don't think spending time together as something else would be appropriate . Give me the letter so that I can read it ,please".

" It's in the drawer in my desk in my study", he said  ," I'll go get it . Stay here . This conversation between us isn't over ".

She wanted to tell him that it is ,but didn't want to waste her breath even though she didn't have a breath to waste anymore.
             👀👅👅👀
Carlisle and she didn't finish the conversation between them because Carlisle was needed elsewhere.

The days after that went by quickly . So did Christmas and then there were suddenly no time at all before the Volturi would come .

Alexandra wished that she could be somewhere else . Somewhere where she didn't have to deal with the three Volturi kings and their guard .

She asked herself why she even became a Vampire if she knew she'd have to deal with them personally.

She wished in the few days before the big bad  day that she had her own family with her . Namely Elena.

But Elena haven't contacted her in a while . Nor did anyone else and she began to think that they've written her off as nothing to them .

The day before the Volturi would come their was a big camping event going on where the Wolves and the Vampires came together to just talk and have fun .

Grayson and Renesmee slept in a tent that Bella and Edward had erected .

Alexandra wasn't happy about her child being near the Cullen girl , but she let it go when Carlisle promised that the kids won't be playing together . They would only sleep in the tent .

The lazing​ around the fire thing brought on nothing but silly war stories .

She sat around feeling miserable and bored out of her mind . Carlisle sat beside her ,his arm slung casually over her shoulders as he listened to the war stories  .

She'd tensed up at first when he had thrown his arm around her shoulders ,but then she'd relaxed when he didn't try to do more .

She was grateful for that. She didn't need him to force their relationship any further up the ladder than it was already .

It wasn't long before Bella asked her to take a quick walk with her .

She welcomed it ,but Carlisle looked disappointed when he had to pull his arm away .

They walked as far away as they could to get out of earshot of all the Vampires and Wolves before Bella spoke up.

" There's a contingency plan in place if things goes south ," she began pulling an envelope​ out of her coat and holding it out to Alexandra to take," Jacob and Leah will be running the kids to safety . Alice left me a message in a book and she gave an adress of an attorney that could help us forge this documents. The documents were already ready when I met up with the attorney , but I was shocked when there were only four passports and the checks for Jacob ,Leah and the kids . I'm sorry ,but it gave me the idea that Alice thought that we aren't​ going to survive this ".

Alexandra felt her heart constrict in pain ,anger and fear .

She had been there before when Klaus had come to Mystic Falls ,but then she had hope .  This gave her no hope . That's why she was afraid .

" Does Carlisle and Edward know ?", Alexandra asked carefully , knowing that sometimes Bella just liked to keep stuff to herself .

Bella shook her head . " No ,and you're not telling them".

Alexandra scowled . " They have the right to know , Bella. Look , I won't tell Edward , but I'll be the judge of Carlisle knowing. It's not knowing that broke our relationship . He's my friend now . I'm not risking it . You be the judge of Edward knowing . I'll respect that ."

Bella sighed then nodded . Alexandra was right . Carlisle and Edward had the right to know.
              👀👅👅👀
" Alexandra , what is this ?", Carlisle demanded softly as she handed him the passports of Leah and Grayson.

" Alice's contingency plan ", she answered simply ," Bella gave them to me . I thought you have the right to know ".

Carlisle stared down at the documents in his hands . Said hands trembled as his thoughts caught onto what this might mean for them .

" So there's no hope for survival ?  ," he whispered sadly.

Alexandra reached out to pat his shoulder . " Maybe , but we can't give up . We should stay strong and fight for your family and Grayson. We can still survive . It isn't​ over yet ".

He looked at her ,his eyes intense like it used to be when she was only a human girl ." How can you believe that when Alice put this contingency plan in place?".

" You forget that I've been through a lot worse and I survived , Carlisle. Don't worry , we'll get through tomorrow and if we don't we know that we've tried our best. Come on . Let's go check on Grayson and forget this for the moment . We can talk again before the Volturi comes . "
             👀👅👅👀
I know it's a little shorter than the rest . Sorry.👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 1.2K 36
I am Miranda Gilbert The II and also the fraternal twin sister of Elena Gilbert and older sister of Jeremy Gilbert. I live in Mystic falls and this i...
166K 4K 32
Elena and Zoe Gilbert are doppelgänger twins, sharing the same features, but not personality Zoe has more of the rebel type, but doesn't mean she car...
774K 17.3K 38
Amy is Elena Gilbert's older half sister. She left to live with her Uncle John after the accident at Wickery bridge, when her parents died. Now her U...
22.2K 353 37
Everyone knows the story of Elena Gilbert what people didn't know is that she has a younger twin sister name Alexandra. The Gilbert sisters have alwa...