A Rejected Princess (Complete...

By Mys_AJ

"I, Alpha Asher Reed, reject you as my mate and Luna." He didn't blink. He didn't show a spark of remorse. He... More

A Rejected Princess
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Author's Note
Epilogue
Sequel
Spin-off

Chapter Nine

511K 16.3K 5.6K
By Mys_AJ

Asher

"So this is my fault," Genevieve asked exasperated.

I nodded. "Pretty much." She could've saved herself from the hurt if she just accepted my rejection and moved on. Obviously she moved on, but she didn't accept my rejection.

Her fists clenched at her sides. "You fuc-"

"Eve!" a voice shouted, cutting off whatever insult she was about to throw at me. Ryan rushed into the kitchen. "The castle. Its under attack," Ryan barely finished his sentence when Genevieve took off running. I followed them into my backyard, where they all shifted. Ryan's wolf was a large black, Alpha wolf. Shawn's wolf was a light brown color. And Genevieve. Her wolf was pure white.

Then it hit me. She doesn't have Alpha blood. She has Royal blood. My mate is a Royal. 'Brian' I called through the mind-link.

'That is my name,'

'Did you know?' I questioned the smart ass.

'Know what?'

'That Genevieve is a Royal,'

'What?!' Brian exclaimed. I told him everything. Starting with yesterday, and ending with seeing her shift. 'You idiot!' Brian shouted at me.

She could probably kill me, and just leave my pack to be rogues. I can't believe that I rejected a Royal. God, I'm so stupid. I was chosen to have a Royal mate, but I ruined it. The Moon Goddess is probably frowning down at me as I speak. 'I wouldn't have rejected her if I knew she was a Royal,' I argued. The Royal family would have every reason to destroy me.

'I'm not talking about that!' Brian snapped.

'Then what?' I asked.

'You are so stupid! Alpha Ryan said that the castle is under attack!' Brian told me.

'So?'

'Your mate is a Royal. And where does the Royal Family live?' Brian asked, like he was talking to a child.

'They live in the castle' I stated. Then I put it all together. 'Her family is under attack!' I shouted. 'What do I do?' I asked Brian for advice.

'Sorry, man. But you can't do anything. You rejected her. You don't have a say in what happens now.'

'I can't just sit here and do no-' I was cut off when I started gasping for air. It felt like I literally got the air knocked out of me.

'Ash?' Brian asked. I blocked him out and steadied my breathing. For some reason, I felt like crying. It was weird. I shut my eyes and saw blood. A lot of it. Blood and dead wolves. I snapped my eyes open when my phone started ringing.

I pulled it out of my front pocket and looked at the number. It was out of state. I answered it. "Hello?"

"Alpha Asher?" Shawn's voice said through the phone.

"What do you want?" I hissed. He better not be calling to tell me I'm an asshole or something.

"It's Genevieve. I think she nee-" There was a piercing scream that lasted almost a whole minute. I heard a thud, like he dropped his phone. I strained my ears to hear what was going on. People were calling my mate's name. There were a lot of footsteps. And a child was crying. I heard shuffling, and Shawn's breathing filled my ears.

"What happened to her?" I asked frantically.

"You need to get over here," Shawn demanded.

I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder as I started walking closer to the forest. "What happened?" I repeated.

"She's weak. She needs her mate" Shawn said just before he ended the call.

'Brian!'

'What happened?' Brian asked.

'I need to help Genevieve. You're in charge of the pack,' I told him. I didn't wait for a response, and I blocked him out. I walked into the forest and shifted into my black wolf. I ran to the castle.

I have no idea what was going on, but I had a feeling that it wasn't good. I got to the Royal Pack Lines and about twenty wolves came out. Some in wolf form, others human. They all got in a fighting stance. One man stepped forward.

He had familiar features, but I couldn't quite pin-point who he looked like. "Who are you?"

"Alpha Asher Reed of the Blue Moon Pack"

"Dad, let him in," Shawn's voice said. He walked out from behind the other men and motioned for me to follow him. I trailed behind him while the warriors watched me warily.

"Shawn. Why is he here?" Shawn's father asked.

"He's Genevieve's mate. Whether we like it or not, she needs him to survive" he replied stiffly.

"How would he help?" a warrior asked.

Shawn sighed. "Just by being near each other, mates give each other strength. Whether it be emotional or physical. Genevieve needs both." Everyone was quiet as we walked to the castle. What the hell is going on?

Shawn led me in the castle and we walked through hallways, until we stopped in front of a plain door. I could feel my mate's presence. Her scent was strong. I listened through the door, her heartbeat was weak. Shawn opened the door and we walked inside. Genevieve was lying on the hospital bed with machines and wires attached to her.

"What happened?" I asked Shawn as I took one of Genevieve's hands in mine. She was cold. I rubbed my thumbs on her hand, hoping to give her warmth.

"She's in a coma," Shawn stated.

I frowned as I got an achy feeling in my chest. "How long until she heals?" I asked.

"The doctor said that she may never heal," he said sadly.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Sit down" Shawn demanded. I sat in the chair by the bed. "I'll tell you what happened, but no interruptions" I nodded in agreement. "She was weak after you rejected her. She got even weaker when you slept with that redheaded slu-"

"Wendy. Her name is Wendy." Shawn glared at me for interrupting.

Shawn continued his story. "You damaged her wolf. She wasn't responding at all. The doctor believes that her wolf is close to death. And without her wolf, Genevieve would be unable to survive. It only got worse" he sighed and rubbed his face. "The castle was attacked. The King and Queen didn't survive. We killed all the attackers, except those who were inside with the King and Queen. We decided that the Princess will choose what to do with them."

"I don't understand what any of this has to do with Genevieve," I stated.

"I wasn't finished" he stated. "We ran all the way over here. The fight was over, but Genevieve saw the King's and Queen's dead bodies."

"So she fainted at the sight of it," I concluded.

Shawn shook his head. "She fainted because she was hurt." I looked at my mate, checking for scratches or blood. "Not physically," Shawn assured me. "The King and Queen were her parents. And she saw what happened to them. She had to heal mentally. Unfortunately, her body thought it would be best to slip into a coma."

"She saw her parents' dead bodies?" I asked. Shawn frowned and nodded. "So where do I come in?" I asked.

"She will need you near her. You can help her heal, and you wolf might be able to contact hers," Shawn explained.

'Can you do it?' I asked Gavin.

'I'll try for our mate' Gavin responded stiffly. He's obviously still mad at me. Well deserved. 

"I have to go," Shawn said as he walked out the room. Thank the Moon Goddess he left. I don't wanna be in the same room as my mate's boyfriend. That's just awkward.

I heard the door close and I scooted my chair closer to my mate. I took her hand in mine and rubbed my thumbs on the back. "I'm so sorry. This is my fault. You wouldn't be here, like this, if I didn't reject you," I whispered to her still form. Guilt, sadness, and worry filled my whole body.

"I don't know if you can hear me or not." People say that when you're in a coma, you can still hear things. "I am so, so sorry. I take it back. I take it all back." I gently kissed her hand. "I take back the rejection. I take back saying it was your fault. Its not. Its my fault. I was an idiot for hurting you. And I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you. I promise I'll be a better mate. I'll do whatever you want. Just please wake up," I begged on the verge of breaking down.

She didn't show any reaction as I spoke. I felt guilty, angry, and worried. Its my fault that she was weak when she got here. I was so pissed at myself for doing this to her. And I was worried that she would never wake up from this. I looked at her face and pushed her hair away from her eyes.

"Please."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 14.9K 12
There was never a story of an alpha being rejected, it was unheard but he was the exception. Alpha Sean Dawson had everything in his life, a strong p...
596K 15.1K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
9.6K 271 30
When a werewolf prince comes of age the royal family must hold a ceremony at which 30 girls will go to the castle and live there until he choose's on...
1M 43.3K 47
Davina's soulmate rejects her, but he has no idea she is his future queen. *** Davina Andonov is...