Let Me In || Jungwon

By bluexpoem

The youngest son of of one of the richest families in Korea meets the housekeeper's quirky daughter. Will she... More

1 - Let Me In Your Kingdom
2 - Rich Girl
3 - The School
4 - Troublemaker
5 - Suspicious
6 - Curry Anyone?
7 - Eyes on You
8 - My Heart Is All Weird
9 - Unforgiven
10 - Melting The Ice
11 - Heart is For Sale
12 - What Are We?
14 - The Truth Untold
15 - Some
16 - Pucker Up
17 - Enough
18 - The Existence of You to Me
19 - Let Me In Your Heart
20 - Love Language
21 - Enemies Forever
22 - I'll protect you
23 - Sweet & Sour
24 - You're My Warmth
25 - Hello Ghost?!
26 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
27 - Blue
28 - My Biggest Supporter
29 - Moving On
30 - Meet Him Among Them
31 - Scouted
32 - Through the Night
33 - You, Me, Us
34 - Together Always...?
35 - Still With You
Will there be a sequel??
The Sequel Is Out!!

13 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire

6K 288 387
By bluexpoem

I don't know how to feel. I'm not sure if I feel mad, sad, or even jealous.. Jealous? Who am I kidding? I think out of all things I feel angry for him. If it was anyone else, then fine! But Jayun?

I sat in Jayun's old seat. Just last Friday, me and Jungwon were sitting together.

I would steal his pencils even though I had like 5 in my pencil pouch. I would look over at his notes just in case I missed something. I would practically beg for him to buy me soda or I even share my lunch with him...

I already miss it. Now I'm stuck using my own pencil, looking over nobody's notes, and I'm going to eat alone.

Last night I did hear screaming coming from Jungwon's room. I heard a husky male voice also, probably his dad. I wonder what his parents said to them for Jungwon to be acting this way towards me.

"Before you guys leave today, I'm going to announce the students who signed up for the Fall talent show," Ms. Lee announces at the end of the school day.

"After I call you guys names, make sure to tell me what talent you're doing. If you're performing to a song, let me know the song so by the time for rehearsal's, we'll have the song ready for you guys," she explains.

Oh. No.

I signed me and Jungwon up as a duo. I didn't know I was going to basically lose him as a friend today, so I don't know what to do!

Ms. Lee starts calling a few kids from our class...

"Jayun," she then announces. Jayun goes up to her and whispers her talent to her.

Jayun starts walking back to her seat and flips her hair as she passes by me. Pft, she thinks she's all that now she has Jungwon in the bag.

"Next up is.." Ms. Lee starts to say. "Sunni and Jungwon..."

I wince as I slowly turn my head to look at Jungwon who's looking at me with wide eyes.

"Sorry," I mouth then stand up to go up to Ms. Lee.

"Yang Jungwon?" Ms. Lee calls out to him.

He soon comes up. He looks down at me, "Really? Kim Sunni?" He whispers.

"So what are you two doing?" Ms. Lee asks in a whisper.

"Duet," I say not even looking for Jungwon's approval.

"Song?" She then questions.

I didn't even think of a song. Nevertheless, we both didn't. Gosh, I'm so unprepared-

"Some by Soyou and Junggigo," Jungwon suddenly whispers.

Ms. Lee nods, "Good to go!"

I look up at Jungwon who completely ignores my gaze and walks back to his seat. I've never heard of that song before...

"Alright class, I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Ms. Lee says as I sit down.

"Ya! Kim Sunni!" Shouts an obvious Jayun as soon as Ms. Lee leaves.

I roll my eyes. I knew this girl was going to say something.

As soon as I turn my head to face her, she slaps me on my cheek. The class erupts in gasps and whispers.

I instantly get up. "Ya!!" I shout at her as I hold my cheek.

"Waa, you really are a bitch huh!!" She yells at me.

My jaw drops, "B-Bitch? Pardon your language, but that's one thing you can't describe me as!"

"Oh really? Well how about boyfriend stealer, huh? Because that's exactly what you're doing!" She shouts as she glares at me.

This girl is a literal lunatic. She's been Jungwon's girlfriend for like half a millisecond and she acts like this jealous troll already? Well I'd be damned!

Jungwon then gets in-between us, "You two are being ridiculous."

I gasp, "You two?! She's the one who erupted and slapped me in my face!!"

"I'm only protecting my boyfriend from you," Jayun continues to glare.

I scoff, "Really? Me? Jungwon doesn't even like you."

"Oh yea?" She says.

Jayun then grabs Jungwon's face and basically smothers her lips on top of his.

I...

I can not believe my eyes...

Jungwon pushes her off of him and wipes his lips, "Ya!"

I smirk, "I loved how you proved my point." I slowly clap my hands.

"YA!!!" She shouts before she pulls my hair.

I scream then start pulling her hair. Suddenly, I'm getting Deja Vu...

We start moving around in a circle, bumping into desks and people.

"You bitch!!" She yells at me as she tries to kick me.

We bump into a desk making us fall to the ground with me and her rotating on the floor.

The class uproars as they start cheering at us fight. This is not a boxing fight...

"Girls!!" Ms. Lee suddenly comes in separating the two of us.

We're both gasping, looking at each other angrily.

"Principle's office now!!"

*******

"Well, look who's here again," Dr. Choi leans on his desk looking at me.

Me, Jungwon, and Jayun are sitting in his office. Of course, Jungwon is in the middle so we don't fight.

Me and Jayun look a mess from our fight. Practically looked like we got hammered and woke up in a parking lot. I sure prefer that over this right now.

"Hello Ms. Jayun, Jungwon, and our troublemaker, Sunni," Dr. Choi says.

Alrighty, I feel like Jayun has the upper hand. How long do I have to clean the gym this time?

Dr. Choi leans back in his chair, "Now, Jungwon, tell me what happened."

"Sir, Kim Sunni initated the whole fight! She practically jumped on to me and attacked me merely because she's jealous of me and Jungwon," she lies.

I gasp, "Bold of you to lie especially in front of your boyfriend!" Me and Jungwon then make eye contact. He looks away awkwardly.

"I'm not lying, right babe?" She then places her hand on top of his.

If she don't move her hand right this second!!

"Plus, she obviously has issues. Remember how she fought Daehyun for no reason?" She continues to lie.

I am utterly mind blown. I'm surrounded by a bunch of crazies.

"Jungwon, tell Dr. Choi," She demands.

Jungwon sighs, "Sir, I wasn't even in the room."

I snap my head towards Jungwon. He's lying...

"Oh, really?" Dr. Choi questions.

"I stepped out for moment, came back and saw the fight being broken up by Ms. Lee. Can't say who started it," he continues to lie. Why can't he just defend me?

"Jungwon, what are you even saying?" Questions Jayun.

"I'm saying the truth," he says. Liar.

Jayun shakes her head, "Dr. Choi, just believe that this troublemaker over here started the whole thing."

"If I get to have a say in this situation-"

"No you do not," Jayun interrupts. Oh how bad I want to bitch slap this girl.

"Why not? You're dragging me through the mud with no concrete evidence!"

"Girls," Dr. Choi puts up his hand. "Since our class president didn't see who initiated, and school did end, I will leave this as a warning."

I let out a sigh of relief.

"But Kim Sunni, do know that the next time you cause trouble, I will have to call your parents," Dr. Choi warns.

I can't have that happen. My mom will literally remove me from this earth. She brought me in, she could definitely take me out.

We leave the principles office, and just as soon we close the door, Jayun opens her mouth once again.

"Just so you know Kim Sunni, you'll never be me and will never ever get Jungwon," She says right in front of Jungwon as if he's some kind of rare ancient artifact.

I get closer to her, "Sim Jayun, I don't ever want to be you and I will never ever settle for an arrange marriage unlike some people."

She scoffs, "Whatever, come on babe," she grabs Jungwon's hand but he instantly pulls away.

"You have to take me home," She whines.

He nods his head towards the classroom, "You go pack up, I'll be there in a second."

She sends me a glare, "Don't you try to pull anything."

I scoff. She's really a nutcase.

She then walks off looking back at us constantly.

Jungwon stands in front of me. I roll my eyes, "I don't know what to think of you Yang Jungwon."

I then cross my arms, "I just don't understand why you would go through this... I-" I pause. "I really enjoyed our friendship and you just..."

I sigh. I don't even feel like explaining myself. I'm tired of failed friendships.

"Why?" I question. My eyes start to get glossy, "You know you're my only friend. You're my only friend and you didn't even defend me back there."

He steps closer to me but I step back.

"I.." he starts to say. "I come to realize that I really do like Jayun," he finishes but he blinked like 13 times while saying it.

Liar.

"No you don't. Why... why would you like someone like her?" I question but I came to realize that there's no point of arguing with him.

I exhale, "You know what. I hope you have a happy relationship."

I pass by him bumping into his arm.

*******

- Jungwon PoV -

Today had to be one of the most stressful days of my life. Seeing Sunni, look at me so sadly with her eyes... I'm horrible, but I rather have her hate me then have her mom be fired.

Not only that, she would have to move out. I'd sacrifice myself to still at least see her everyday. I just didn't expect for me and her to drift apart so quickly.

I plop myself on my bed and grab Nini, the stuffed sheep.

I remember back to that day where she was so excited to give me the matching dance uniform. That day, I disappointed her too.

"I just want to hold her hand like this," I say to myself as I hold the sheep's hand.

I think back to Jayun. God, I hate her. I hate her so much.

Not only that, I practically rinsed my mouth 50 times when I got home. She slobbered all over me. I wouldn't even call that a kiss...

"If I apologize, you think she would forgive me?" I question to Nini.

"You're talking to the sheep?"

I turn my head to see Jongseong enter my room.

He drops his backpack on the floor and jumps on my bed.

"What's up Jungwonie!" He greets.

I slightly smile. I can't seem to cheer up.

"Hard day today?" He questions me. I nod.

"What are you doing here?" I question as I play with Nini's arms.

Jongseong flinches at my question. I mean, it's not out of the ordinary that Jongseong comes over. My house is practically his second home, but I rather be alone. I can't think of anything else.

"Today must have eaten you out alive to be asking me a that question," Jongseong laughs. "But actually, I need help picking out a place to eat for me and Sunni's date."

I stop playing with Nini.

Did he just say... date?

I sit up, "Date?"

"Oh yea! Me and Sunni are going on a date. I'm thinking about taking her to go eat steak," Jongseong informs.

"But Sunni's favorite food is tteokbokki and fish cakes," I tell him.

He raises his eyebrows, "Really? But as a first date, don't you think I should treat her out?"

I scoff, "Sunni wouldn't like something too fancy though."

"How do you know? Have you ever asked her that?" He asked me.

I shake my head. I just know she rather have something simple. She's the type to get excited over the simplest of things. It's one of the things I like most about her.

"I think steak will do," Jongseong says before grabbing Nini.

I stare down at him as he starts to play with it.

Don't touch my sheep.

- Sunni PoV -

I lay on my bed, legs and arms spread out, looking at my ceiling.

Toto stands on my stomach and starts making biscuits.

"Thank you Toto, I really need this," I softly say to him.

I keep thinking of my last conversation with Jungwon. How short and sad it was.

I shouldn't have reacted the way that I did. I know the situation Jungwon is in, yet I totally just selfishly put myself first.

I know he doesn't feel that way towards Jayun, I just know it. I guess it just hurt the most when he pretended not to be my friend.

Does entering a relationship with Jayun means ending ours? I don't understand.

I want to be there for Jungwon, but how can I when he's always pushing me away...

Just then my phone vibrates next to me...

I quickly grab my phone to look at the notification.

"Jungwon??" I expectedly say out loud.

My nerves go away when I see Jongseong name appear.

Jongseong: Hey, steak for a date tomorrow?

That's right. I told him I'll go on a date with him. With today's events, I couldn't think of anything else.

I guess steak sounds good. Pretty fancy for a first date.

Me: Sounds good :)

Jongseong: I'll pick you up at 7. Can't wait to see you Sunniya

I smile at the last message before putting my phone down.

It's crazy, but everything with Jongseong feels so right but so wrong.

A/N

Hello my loves, hope you all are enjoying the story. Stay tuned, I think you all will really like what's coming up <3

Till the next chapter~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 2.3K 49
ᴵ ʷᵃˢ ˡᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᶠᵒʳ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ , ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷʰᵒ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ COMPLETED
35.8K 1.6K 42
"𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚....." "𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢?" ╰┈➤ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏɴ/ᴇɴʜʏᴘᴇɴ ꜰꜰ Ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣⓔⓓ - 𝟸𝟹 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟹 Ⓕⓘⓝⓘⓢⓗⓔⓓ - 𝟷𝟿 𝙽...
400K 23.1K 36
"𝗦𝗵𝘂𝘁 𝘂𝗽 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶 𝗽𝘂𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵." -- 🚨viewer discretion is advised Content : strong...
389K 17.1K 57
Park Minji just wanted to get through the school year with a flying high scores in every exams. However that's kind of hard to do when her new sworn...