Love Fatefully

By Starstories777

Do you believe in Fate? Two people, lived in different lives. One is a billionaire playboy who doesn't belie... More

Sofia
Sean
Sofia
Sean
Sean

Sofia

182 9 1
By Starstories777

The guy who said she's grandmama's​ friend followed me inside the room. I never doubted that my grandmama can be friends with any age but this guy is different. I'm not sure but there's something with him that I can't explain. But, as I have learned in the convent you should never judge anyone based on their physical appearance or what action is shown in the public, they know themselves better than we assume.

"My dear Sofie." A frail voice called me.

"Oh grandmama! How are you feeling?" I went to her directly and grab her hand.

She looks at me and smiled. "I'm fine now that you're here. I missed you so much, my dear." She said sniffling.

"Oh, grandmama I missed you too." I hug her softly. As I look at her she has really aged a lot. She looks so fragile and I feel guilty that I wasn't here to take care of her.

All of a sudden we heard a loud wail.

Bella...

"Aah! Is...is she okay?" A deep voice was heard inside the room.

We all look at the man standing by the door. Even Bella stopped crying when she noticed him.

"Ahmm...Hi?" Sean said hesitantly.

"Oh by the way grandmama, your friend is here to see you." I said smiling at both of them.

"Friend?" Grandmama asked curiously while looking at Sean.

"Whose friend?" Aunt Nina asked looking as confused as well.

"Oh...Ah, Sean, grandmama?" My suspension with this guy became stronger.

They all look confused.

"Eerr...Ahh... The thing is...aah..." When I look back at him he looks guilty scratching his head. So I gave him a strange look.

"Son, why don't you come closer and tell me why you're here?" Grandmama said slowly.

Sean came closer to grandmama's bed. "Oh...ah...well I just want to ask if you know Maria Analisa Miller?" He stood there awkwardly.

"Ana?" Just then grandmama's face brightens.

"So you still remember her right? You're still friends? You never fought or anything right?"

"What?" I gave him a frown.

"Ah...I mean you still contacted each other when she was still alive?" He rephrased.

Grandmama chuckled softly. "Of course we did. She's my best friend."

"You have a best friend grandmama? I have a best friend too and her name is Charlotte." Bella added.

I looked at her and smiled.

"Belle, why don't you come with me to the food court downstairs? I need to buy something." Aunt Nina told her daughter.

"But mom, grandmama is telling a story about her best friend." Bella complained.

"Honey, grandmama needs some alone time with her friend. We'll just come back later and grandmama will tell you all about her best friend."

"Okay fine." As they open the door Bella turned around and look at me. "Aren't you coming with us too?"

"I'll stay here with grandmama so I can take care of her while you're gone." I said.

"But I thought grandmama needs to be alone with...."

"Later honey, let's go." Aunt Nina said before Bella could finish what she wants to say. She pulled her carefully out the door.

"But...that's unfair. I want to stay there too so I can listen to grandmama's story." We could still hear Bella's whining from the hallway.

We all laughed.

"I'm her grandson, Sean."

Huh? Now, why is her grandson here?

"Of course you are. She talks about you all the time." Grandmama smiled at him.

"She did?" He asked.

Grandmama look at the window chuckling. She looks like she's remembering something funny. "Yes, always."

"So, Sean." I look at him with curiosity. "May we know the reason why you're here? How did you know grandmama is in the hospital?"

"Well, uhm...How should I start this?"

"Did Ana visited you in your dreams too?" Grandmama exclaimed.

"What? How did you know?" He looks at her shocked.

"So you did too?" My grandmama laughed.

"No, it's actually my mom but what do you mean too? Did grandma visit in your dreams too?" Sean looks amazed and curious.

"Yes, she did for the past few days now."

"Why is everyone dreaming about her but not me? That's unfair. I wanted to see grandma too." I laughed quietly. He's a full-grown man but he looks like a kid sulking.

He whips his head towards me and gave me a stern look.

I stopped laughing. "Ahm...Were you close with her?" I asked.

"Yes, she basically raised me. I was very close to her."

I smiled. "That's very sweet of you."

He laughed. "You're the first one that called me sweet."

"Ah well...uhm...you seemed sweet?" What? What am saying? Why am I stuttering? Why is his laugh so appealing? It's low and husky. Something sexy? Oh no...Lord have mercy on me. Please forgive me for I have sinned.

"Sofie dear?"

"Yes?" I look at grandmama. She's staring at me oddly.

"Your grandma is asking for water. She seemed parched from talking." He said smirking.

"Talking?" I said blankly. Did I space out?

"Yes, dear. I was telling him about my dream with Ana. How she keeps reminding me of our promise."

"She did?" How long did I zone out?

"What was the promise that my grandma was talking about? My mother told me about grandma appearing in her dreams and keeps reminding her of the promise with you. I came here to know about it so that my grandma's soul will be at peace."

"Well...ahem" she looks at me and Sean. "Sofie dear can you get me the water please?"

"Oh yes, sorry grandmama." I went to the table and took a glass of water for her. Then I look back at Sean. "Do you want some?"

"Sure thanks." I handed him the first glass of water and went to my grandma to assist her in drinking.

"Thank you, my sweet angel." She patted my cheek with her frail hand.

"I'm here now grandmama. I'll take care of you." I kissed her forehead and fixed her blanket. I then went back to my chair and hold her hand.

I caught Sean staring at me. He moved his eyes to my grandmama when he saw me looking at him.

"Ana and I are very close when we were young. We were neighbors and studied in the same school. Do you know that she always protects me from bad boys in school?" She laughed while reminiscing about her past.

"We made a lot of promises to each other and not one has been broken yet. I thought I could postpone this one promise that we made but apparently, she already has someone in mind." She tells the story with a hint of a smile on her frail face.

"What do you mean grandmama?"

"Ever since we were young she wanted us to be sisters. We treated ourselves as sisters but she wanted our blood to be connected in some way. So we made a promise that once we have our own children we will arrange for them to be married."

"What?"

"Grandmama?"

Sean and I are both surprised.

"I know." She chuckled. "We were young, we didn't know what we were thinking back then. I mean I did but apparently, Ana was serious about it. She was upset when I had a girl and she did too. Then my second was a girl again and she didn't get pregnant anymore. Years past and I thought she already let go of the idea because she didn't mention the planned marriage of our family." *Cough*cough*

"Grandmama, I think you've already exerted enough. You should rest now."

*Cough*cough.. "No...no I'm fine. Just give me some water please."

I refilled her glass and assisted her again. I look at Sean to check if he wants more water too.

"No, I'll get it." He went to the table to take some water.

"Until she keeps appearing in my dreams and asking me about the promise. And then I see you here asking for the same."

She stared at Sean as if he knows the answer.

"Okay, what about me?"

"I remember how she talks about you and how good you are to her. She always says you'll be a good husband someday."

"Oh...uhm...me? Really?" He asked looking confused.

As I look at him he looks uncomfortable standing there. He took a glass of water from the table and drink it. I gave back my attention to grandmama.

"Yes, he promised you to be the husband."

Just then loud coughing was heard in the room.

*Cough*cough* "Shit! Sorry, the water went into my nose." *Cough*cough*

"I'm sorry I don't understand. My grandma arranged for me to be the husband? To whom?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520K 33.1K 38
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...
1.7M 98.7K 88
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
571K 53.7K 34
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
657K 34.9K 51
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐎𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 β˜†|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...