Sean

"Are you sure this is the place? If you wasted my time I'll hang you." I said to my assistant over the phone. Ralph who's been with me for four years now knows if I'm threatening, pissed, or just being me, unfiltered.

"Yes sir. I forwarded everything the investigator sent me to you." Ralph said confidently.

"Is she sick or something?" I look outside the window of my town car. "West Medical Center" I unconsciously read the signage name of the hospital allowed.

"Yes sir, as per the information she was sent there when she got an accident. All the information you needed is in the email, sir."

"I know that! Are you saying I'm not reading my emails?" I asked with a hint of threat in my voice.

"Of...of course, not sir. I'm just saying..." I could hear his voice trembling.

"What?"

"That you should go now sir because you still have an important conference meeting in two hours?" Ralph said nervously.

"Fine. What's her complete name again?" I asked.

"Maria Florencia Perez sir."

Hmmm... I guess that's one of the reasons why my grandma is close with this lady. They have the same first name, Maria. I thought.

"Okay then, I need to go." I cut off the call and got out of the car.

As I entered the building I went directly to the reception and ask the nurse about the room of the patient which she gave me a hard time, telling me that relatives are only allowed to visit unless the patient knows me. Why can't they just give the room number and be done with it? As if someone will do something bad to their patients. She asked who I am so I told her I'm the in-law. She gave me a once over looking at my navy dress pants with my white long sleeves which I rolled up earlier when I was working on my laptop on the way here, my jacket was long gone.

"I'm the husband of her granddaughter." I lied. I gave her my sexy smile. Hope this works.

She looked at me again and gave me a weird look. "You're the husband?"

"Aah...yes. Is there something wrong?" I asked arrogantly but deep down I was nervous. Shit! I should have said I'm her grandson. I'm not sure if she has a granddaughter or even a daughter. Fuck! What if she hasn't been married? I should have read the information that the investigator gave me.

You're way too young for her. I heard the nurse mumbling.

Huh? "I'm sorry, what did you say?" I asked the nurse again, maybe I heard it wrong.

"It's room 362." She said looking at me with disdain and mumbled something to the nurse beside her.

I nod and left but before I can reach the elevator I heard the other nurse beside her say something loud enough for me to hear. "The question is, how did the Sister allow such scandalous act? Pfft. Lucky cougar." Then they started giggling.

Ah, what? Cougar? So her granddaughters are both old? How old is this Florence lady anyway? I thought they were just the same age as my grandma? So they might be thinking I'm a boy toy? Whatever, I don't care as long as I got her room number.

As I reached her floor I started to become hesitant and anxious. I don't know this woman and I don't know if she and my grandma are still friends. What if they fought a long time ago and swear to not see each other again? I mean, I couldn't remember her mentioning the woman during the last few years of her life.

Well, I have to admit that for the past ten years after I graduated I was busy building myself up and had barely any time to see my grandma. I was so desperate to prove to my dad that I can be better and richer than him and that leaving me was a big mistake. During those times all I did was despised them but then when my grandma got really sick it changed me. I started to make amends with my parents which made my mom happy. Though they were not the good parents that everyone wants they still supported me financially during my studies so I think that was enough. I realized I should be thankful to them because they sent me to the one person that made my childhood memories better.

I didn't notice that I'm already standing in front of her room. Shit! I don't even know where to start. What should I tell her? Hi, I'm the grandson of your long-lost friend...or is it an enemy? My mother always dreams of my grandma and she keeps saying your name.

"Aghh... This is bullshit. Why did I even listen to my mother in the first place?" I said mumbling to myself.

"Excuse me. Are you lost?" I heard a very soft voice behind me.

I was startled that I turned around quickly and bump into the person behind me.

"Ouch.!" She exclaimed while covering her nose.

"Fuck! I'm sorry. You startled me!" That must be painful as I hit her nose with my elbow.

"No, it's okay. I'm fine." She said while still holding her nose that is turning red.

I approach her and tried to check if her nose is bleeding. "Shit! Is it bleeding?"

I noticed that she moved back from me. God, this is embarrassing. "Fuck, I'm really sorry. I wouldn't have hit you if you weren't standing near me. This is your fault too. No, you startled me so technically this is all your fault." I reasoned.

"I said I'm fine. Don't worry about it. And please stop saying bad words." She said softly.

I stop and look at her. Is she serious? She's not even mad at me? Wait. "Are you a Nun?" I asked.

She laughs. Even her laugh is soft. "If you notice I'm wearing a habit?"

"I'm Sister Sofia." She extends her hand and smiled at me.

Wow, she's too pretty to be a Nun. I reached for her hand to shake. And she has soft hands and a very sweet smile too. Am I a bad person to admire a Nun? I think I'm going straight to hell for this. I thought.

"Uhm...can I get my hand back?" She said awkwardly.

I didn't even notice that I'm holding her hand tightly. "Shit, I'm sorry. I'm Sean." I smiled sheepishly."

"Nice bumping into you, Sean. And no swear words in here please, some kids might hear you." She looked at me with those sweet warm smiles again.

God, why did you even took this one from me? If she's not a Nun I could have asks for her number and take her for dinner tonight and then to my hotel room. Shit, bad thoughts Sean. She's a Nun! God will strike me with lightning if he knows what I want to do with his follower.

"Ahem." A cough brought me from my reverie.

"Sorry!"  I said sheepishly feeling embarrassed. I have never been embarrassed in front of a woman or to anyone. I'm a fucking billionaire for christ's sake.

"Are you lost?" She asked me again.

"I'm sorry?"

She laughed softly. "Why do you keep saying sorry? I'm just asking if you're lost as I noticed that you are standing there for a few minutes already."

"Oh? Ahm...No, I'm not lost. I'm visiting a friend of mine here." I pointed toward the room of my grandma's friend.

She smiled brightly at me. "I didn't know grandmama has a young friend like you."

"Ahhh..." I don't know where to start. So, is she the granddaughter? And I said to the nurse I'm the husband of her granddaughter. Is that why they were laughing and whispering at each other?  Well, just great then.

"Wait, sorry. I meant that her friends are all old and you are...well, very young and a guy as well. She didn't mention meeting a young man you know." She said with full of enthusiasm.

Does she have suspicious feelings about my existence? Why is she smiling like we're long-time friends? Are Nuns really like this? They're too innocent and friendly for their own good.

"Oh, aah. Well, let's just say..." I was not able to explain myself because the door to her grandmother's room opened.

"Sofie, mom's awake and she's looking for you." A lady in her fifties told her.

"Oh praise God." She was about to follow the lady inside when she remembers me.

"Come on. You said you want to see her right? She's awake now. The doctor said she's been sleeping more often lately. We're worried, but the doctor said it's normal for her age." She explained while I follow her inside.

Well, this is it. I should be fine. Everything will be fine.