Legacy - A Ducktales Fanfic.

By MagentaMisery

Part 2 of the 'Louie Gold' series. 7-months after the Kovax debacle, Louie and his gang are after their next... More

1. Brawl At The Ball.
2. Morning Meetings.
3. An Encounter In Belarus.
4. Dancing In The Dark.
5. Rooftop Scuffle.
6. Friend Or Foe?
7. Coincidental Confrontation.
9. Maria St. Claire.
10. Partnership?
11. Growing Tension.
12. Nearing Greatness.
13. Down Time.
14. Captive.
15. Acrophobia.
16. No Rest For The Wicked.
17. Road Trip!
18. Brothers in Arms.
19. Broken Bonds.
20. Home Sweet Home.
21. Castle Mazur.
22. Deadly Duel.
23. Start of the Trials.
24. Tricks and Trap-Doors.
25. Guardians of the Guild.
26. Final Exam.
27. The Tale of Leo Galló, Pt.1
28. The Tale of Leo Galló, Pt.2
29. The Tale of Leo Galló, Pt.3
30. The Tale of Leo Galló, Pt.4
31. The Start of Something Great.
32. Education and Ego's.
33. As Good as His Word.
34. FOWL Intentions.
35. Return of an Enemy.

8. Family Reunion.

622 22 12
By MagentaMisery

*I just wanted to mention, that one of my favourite Louie fanfics 'Legendary' by SarcaSticdamSelX0X0 has began posting again, and I implore you to check out, it's got a similar premise to 'Legacy' and 'Destiny' but more spy-thriller than action-adventure crime book, plus their writing is like 10X better than mine, it's in both my reading lists, so please check it out!*

 Louie could feel his teeth grating against one another as his old life and current life clashed, he had gotten lucky 8-months ago, when he had been imprisoned at McDuck Manor, and eventually escaped, he had managed to keep his friends away from his family. But it looked like his luck had finally ran out.

"So, how did you know where to find me?"

"Oh well we we're looking for a book at Archibald library, and Webby ran into your friend Tommy," - Huey explained, clueing Louie in to who to give a death-glare. - "And he introduced himself and told us that he knew you, before bringing us here."

"Really?" - He questioned with faux enthusiasm.

"Yep." - His older brother who, somehow did not notice Louie's glaring sarcasm, did spot a large scientific device across the room. - "Is that a ScopeTech synthesized Ocrumite engine?" - He asked excitedly.

"Yep," - Amelia proudly answered. - "The energy it producers powers my entire workshop."

"Amazing." - Huey admitted earnestly. The two quickly began talking in technical terms, which Louie tuned out, after all he was a thief not a scientist.

"Tommy!" - He called, attracting the bulldogs attention. - "Quick word." - He smiled, gesturing over to a more secluded area of the workshop.

"Sure."

Once they were at a distance, far enough that no one would be able to hear their conversation. Louie turned to Tommy. - "Why did you bring them here?"

"What? I thought you had made up with them?"

"I did, but that doesn't mean I want them mingling in my business."

"Look I'm a people pleaser, it's why I'm so good at my job, I figure out what people want and I make it my mission to figure out what people want and then try and give it to them. And they," - He vaguely gestured over to the McDucks. - "Want to get to know you."

Louie watched as Scrooge chatted with June, while Webby talked with Lucy. Della and Dewey were in his car, fiddling with the numerous switches, at one point a portion of the hood lifted, revealing the two luckily unarmed missiles launchers Amelia had designed.

Huey and Amelia's conversation also seemed to be going south.

"I've been petitioning for my bosses lab to get one of these for ages, it's just crazy expensive. How much did you pay?"

Amelia gave him a look. - "Pay? Uh, we stole that out of the back of a truck."

"Dammit." - Louie hissed, watching as things began to go wrong. - "I need you to continue working on heist preparation. I'll get them out of here."

"Got it." - He turned around  Amelia, Lucy, June, come here!"

The three passed by Louie, and each gave him a look. A look he knew only could mean one thing.

'Now I understand why you left.'

"Where are they going?" - Webby asked.

"They had to get back to work, so I think you go somewhere else, and allow them to work without distraction." - Louie suggested, hoping to get them out of the workshop.

"Like where? we visited a load of tourists attractions earlier."

Louie subtly ushered them over to the exit. - "Well what attractions did you visit?" - He questioned, hoping to probe information from them, that he could use to figure out where he could take them.

"The Statue of Liberty, Central Park, the Empire State building, Times Square-" - Huey counted off.

"We went to this little pizza restaurant called Marco's for lunch. That apparently had the best pizza in New York." - Della added. - "I mean what are the chances? First trip to New York, best pizza in city!"

A pizza shop called Marco's that sever the 'best pizza in New York'? There had to have been a least 30 of those in Brooklyn alone. No matter how high the chances were, it did mean that bringing them to lunch, or on a tour of the city, was out the window, 

"Well, is there anywhere anyone want to visit?"

"Do you think you can get us into Broadway?" - Dewey asked excitedly, and Louie inwardly cringed. 

He wanted to get them out of the city, not sit through a three-hour show with them. But he also didn't want to hurt their feelings. - "Uh probably not... Uh they're usually sold out ages before." - He bluffed, hoping that Dewey hadn't done any research.

"Oh okay."

Thank god.

"So where else do we go?"

Louie had an idea. It definitely wasn't his best idea. It possibly was the worst idea he'd ever had. But at this point it may have been been only option.

"How about we go to my place?" - He asked, and everyone readily agreed.

---------------

 As the McDucks followed the thief, as he led them to his home, Louie was waging war in his own head, on one side, he couldn't believe he'd invited his family to his apartment, on the other hand, Duckburg was on the other side of the coast, they'd be there in his home, for about an hour, and then they'd be gone, they wouldn't be crossing through American every weekend... Would they?

He managed to pull himself from his daydream, as they arrived at the foot of his building.

"Here we are!" - He announced.

Louie's building was more modern than the surrounding ones, but managed to not look ugly or out of place, it stretched high into the sky, and was made of grey brick pillars and large glass windows.

"Whoa!" - The group remarked in awe.

"How much money do you pay to live here?"

Louie smiled. - "Not that much actually. Come on." - He ushered them in to the lobby, which had dark hardwood floors and a bunch of kids sitting on sofas and on their electronic devices.

"Afternoon, Mr. Gold." - The doorman greeted.

"Afternoon Javi."

At the mention of Louie, caused the kids who weren't wearing headphones to look up, which in turn, caused the kids who were to look.

"Hi Louie!" - They cheered.

"Hey guys, enjoying the free Wi-Fi?"

"Yeah!"

"Great." - Louie replied, the kids turned back to their devices, while Louie lead the family to the elevators.

"You know all these kids?" - Della questioned, confused by what she had just saw.

"Of course," - Louie answered, calling the elevator down. - "Most live in my building."

As they were waiting for the elevator to descend from one of the upper-floors, a tall nervous deer came up to them.

"Uh... Mr-Mr.Gold." - He stuttered. - "I know rent is late, but, my son- son Johnny got sick, and we had to pay hospital bills, so- so if you give us a few extra days, we'll-"

Louie cut him off. - "No problem Richard, if you had to pay medical bills, you had to pay medical bills. Taking care of family care of family comes first." - He smiled.

"Thank you Mr. Gold, I'll try and have it in by Friday." - The deer said, before he walked off, a big smile on his face.

"You own this buildin'?" - Scrooge asked in amazement.

"Yeah, a few months ago, my landlord wanted to retire, so I offered to buy the building from him. He agreed and is now sipping pinna coladas on his own yacht." - Louie explained, as the elevator doors opened and the group stepped in.

"With a bit like this, you sure gotta' make a lot of money."  - Scrooge asked, as the doors close and began travelling towards the penthouse.

Louie shrugged. - "It's actually a bit of a money hole actually."

"Well maybe, you should increase the rent?" - The businessman suggested. - "How much is it now?"

"It ranges. Usually two-hundred to two-hundred and fifty."

"Well maybe you should you sell this place, if your making two hundred-thousand per apartm-"

"Hundred-thousand?" - Louie repeated incredulously.

Scrooge gawked. - "Did you mean a hundred-million?"

"No, a hundred, as in a hundred dollars."

"Your renting these apartments for two-hundred dollars?" - Scrooge asked, somehow believing it less than the two hundred-million."

"Yeah. Why did you think I was renting it for two-hundred million."

"Why?" - Webby questioned. - "This is New York, an apartment in this type of building, goes for a lot more money than two-hundred dollars.

"Yeah, but the residents in this building aren't renowned lawyers, or big-time celebrities. They're poor parents who have multiple children."

"Like Uncle Donald and us." - Huey commented. 

"Yeah, but unlike us, these kids aren't not sleeping in a shared bedroom on a small fishing boat. They have space, and their parents, who would have been paying for motel rooms when their cheap pipes burst and flood the house, have the money to put them in clubs and give them the chances we didn't get."

The McDucks stood in silence, not knowing how to respond to Louie's declaration of giving these kids a better childhood than he had.

Softly Webby spoke. - "That's very noble, Louie."

Louie's guard fell for a second, but was quickly put back up. - "I'm not doing it for the praise." - The elevator doors opened, and they stepped out.

 The top-floor was divided into three sections: The penthouse, which took up about 60% of the floor; the penthouse balcony and pool, which Louie had allowed any tenant to use, due to it going unused most of the time, due to Louie frequent trips. It took up about 35%; and the small hallway connecting the elevator, Louie's door, and the door to the balcony.

Louie pulled out his keys and unlocked his door. He felt something was amiss, but rationalized it as apprehension to letting his family into his life, and his distraction meant he missed many obvious signs.

The door swung open, allowing everyone to see a woman sitting on the sofa in the middle of his apartment.

"I figured you'd be back soon, but I didn't imagine you'd bring guests." - She quipped, while Louie visualized, him putting his head through the wall.

"Hey Maria."

Thanks for reading Ch.8 of 'Legacy' Quick reminder, my other Ducktales fanfic 'The Winter-Soldier' penultimate chapter should be posted next, so maybe go and give that some love as well as 'Legendary' Anyway, I hope you comment, vote, follow me and read Ch.9 -MM

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 75 9
Della is back and figuring out what to do with her life now. Donald's friend from Brazil stays for a few days while Dewey recovers. The duckburg 90th...
10.5K 303 16
After an adventure goes wrong and a McDuck is lost, the family is finally recovering, that is until FOWL's mysterious super soldier begins going afte...
15.6K 461 20
Dewey has never felt like he stood out enough. Suddenly, one day he disappears without a trace. Follow Dewey and the rest of his family through this...
3.1K 69 16
Reunited, the McDucks seek new adventures to finish the work of Scrooge's childhood idol. New enemies arise, secrets are revealed, and the fate of th...