505 | Arctic Monkeys

By illstickaround

"I'm going back to 505 If it's a seven hour flight or a 45 minute drive" More

\|1|/
/|2|\
\|3|/
/|4|\
\|5|/
/|6|\
\|7|/
/|8|\
\|9|/
/|10|\
\|11|/
/|12|\
\|13|/
\|15|/
/|16|\
\|17|/
/|18|\
\|19|/
/|20|\
\|21|/
/|22|\
\|23|/
/|24|\
\|25|/
/|26|\

/|14|\

363 13 3
By illstickaround

The bus had stopped in-front of the venue and by now Alex was awake, with Elizabeth still asleep in his lap, snuggled up against his stomach.

"Liz..." He said softly, "We're here."

Liz dug her face into Alex's stomach and wrapped her arms around him, signalling that she didn't want to leave just yet.

"Okay... Five more minutes." Alex said, chuckling softly.

Alex watched as Nick and Jaime walked off the bus, getting their belongings from below. Matt however walked over to Alex, wondering why he was hanging back.

As he walked over he noticed that Liz was asleep in Alex's lap. He decided to mask the way he truly felt about seeing the two of them together.
"Assuming she wanted a few more minutes?" Matt asked.
Alex chuckled softly, looking down to her and smiling softly, pushing a loose strand up hair out of her face.
"You know how she is." He said.

It was odd watching Alex act like that — smiling down to his sister with this look of love in his eyes, and pushing away her hair with his finger carefully as if not to wake her.

"We'll be out in five." Alex said.
Matt was snapped out of his trance and nodded, walking off the bus, joining Nick and Jaime.

Alex looked down to Elizabeth and studied her features carefully. Her chocolate brown hair fell softly on her back, with her necklace dangling to the side. Her skin was smooth and Alex had a sudden desire to run his finger against her cheek, but her long eyelashes fluttered open as she began to wake up.

"Hello sleepy head." He said, smiling down to her.
She stretched and sat up looking to Alex and giving him a tired smile. She then turned and looked around the bus, quickly panicking that Alex were late.

"D-Did I hold you up? I'm so sorry!" Elizabeth said, beginning to take her leather jacket from the seat.
"Relax, darling." Alex said as he placed his hand over hers, "I'm always late and besides, it doesn't matter what time we roll in."

Elizabeth smiled and sat down beside Alex. She looked outside and noticed many fans piled up against the fence, hoping for at-least a glimpse of the Arctic Monkeys.

"How about let's go on a little adventure?" Alex asked, standing up and taking Elizabeth's leather jacket.
"Where to?" Elizabeth asked as she stood up beside him.
"We'll see eventually." Alex said, taking Elizabeth's hand and guiding her down the tour bus aisle.
"So you don't know where we are going?" Elizabeth asked as they jumped off the tour bus, and suddenly there were a mountain of screams as fangirls noticed the lead singer.
"Of course not." Alex said, a wide smile plastered across his face.
"Bu-But don't you have to do a soundcheck soon?" Elizabeth asked.
"Later I do, yes." Alex replied, leading Elizabeth through a crack in the fence and out onto the sidewalk.

Elizabeth smiled as she looked over to him, remembering what would happen when they would tour when they were younger. Alex would take detours with Elizabeth, wanting to spend as much time with just the two of them as possible. She wondered if this was the same.

Eventually they were walking side by side, their hands still entwined despite not running anymore, but neither of them noticed. It felt normal.

Alex and Elizabeth turned a corner to see a massive market, with stalls lining the streets selling goods from clothes to jewellery and food to drinks.

Elizabeth smiled as she examined all the little handmade jewellery, Alex watching her bright smile as he trailed behind her, still holding onto her hand softly.

She then stopped and kept her eyes on a necklace with a small red diamond in the middle, dangling from the chain. She kept her eyes on it for a few seconds before continuing on.

Alex however stayed back, and she felt their hands slip away. She turned back to him.
"Aren't you coming?" Elizabeth asked.
"I'll catch up with you, these little things are fascinating." He said, holding up a bracelet with a fake eyeball.
Elizabeth laughed softly before turning around and continuing to walk down the street, examining all the little beauties within each stall.

Elizabeth smiled as she saw a band t-shirt stall and noticed an Arctic Monkeys t-shirt.

They really have gotten big, She thought to herself.

Elizabeth felt someone's hand slip back into hers and she smiled as Alex was back by her side.
"How would you feel if I pierced my ear?" Alex asked, looking down to Elizabeth.
Elizabeth chuckled.
"I think a dangling daisy earring would suit you perfectly." She said and Alex laugh softly.
"Very manly."

The pair continued to walk hand in hand, marvelling at all the stalls before them before Elizabeth had convince Alex that they should make their way back.

Alex brushed his finger over Elizabeth's hand and suddenly they were bombarded with fans, running towards them from all directions.

Alex tried his best to sign as much things as possible before he took Elizabeth's hand again and pulled her away, the two of them running back to the venue, where the fans were shut off by the fences and security

Alex got his guitar case from below the bus and the pair walked inside, being greeted by crew members.

Alex's hand slipped away from Elizabeth as he shook people's hands and introduced and reintroduced Elizabeth to people. She had this feeling of sadness flow over her as his hand was no longer holding hers, but then again, she realised how it must have looked. She then wondered if friends holding hands were a normal thing... Was it?

"Elizabeth, this is Tyler, he's our manager." Alex said.
Elizabeth smiled and held out her hand to the manager. He shook it with a soft grip.
"Nice to meet you." Elizabeth said.
"Nice to meet you too." Tyler replied, "Alex told me you were willing to be some sort of assistant for the band?" He then stated.
Elizabeth nodded, smiling.
"It would be great to be around the guys again. After all, I was their assistant type person many years ago when they were starting out, and I think I've made quite the impact." Elizabeth said, smiling cheekily to Alex.
"And that you have, the boys have told me stories." Tyler said, smiling softly. "We'll contact you as soon as possible with more details regarding what you're required to do, but no doubt you already know what has to be done, it's just a friendly reminder of sorts." Tyler explained, "And then soon enough you'll be back to working with them again, like the good old days." He said.

Elizabeth smiled, the good old days.

Tyler was then dragged away from the group by a crew member and Elizabeth turned to Alex, smiling to him.
"Thank you so much for this, I don't know what I'd do without you." She said, smiling to him as the two began to walk down the hallway.
"You know I'd do anything for you." He said as he opened a door, gesturing for her to go inside first. Elizabeth walked into the room, soon noticing that this is Alex's own, personal room to get ready in. She looked around, noticing a notepad and pen on the table, as well as all the stuff he needs for his hair on the desk below the mirror.

Alex placed his guitar beside the couch and went over to the mini fridge, grabbing a beer out for himself, before asking Elizabeth if she wanted one, which she kindly denied. Elizabeth goes over to the couch and sat comfortably on it, with Alex soon joining her on the settee.

"It's crazy how big you guys have gotten. Look at this... Your own dressing room! Last time I was with you guys you only got one to share." Elizabeth said.
Alex smiled, remembering back to those days.
"It was cramped that's for sure." Alex said.
"I regret not being with you guys through everything. I wish I could've experienced the change from smaller gigs to now entertainment centres and stadiums." Elizabeth said.
Alex frowned.
"Don't worry about it, love. You're here with us now and that's all that matters." Alex said.
Elizabeth smiled softly and rested her head against Alex's shoulder.

"Where did all the years go? It feels like only yesterday we were sixteen, desperately wanting to be older, and now we're here, we want to be younger again." Elizabeth said.
"It's gone quick that's for sure." Alex said, "I remember when we used to ditch class in the winter and go to our park bench, then having snow fights."
Elizabeth smiled, "I miss that."
"Me too."

Elizabeth remembered when Alex would tackle her into the snow and lay on top of her, the two of them laughing despite how freezing it was.

She then wished that her and Alex would have made more memories these past years, but unfortunately the only main ones they have is him stumbling to her doorstep drunk.

She hoped that they'd make many more great memories with him in future, preferably not an intoxicated doorstep visit.

As if Alex were reading her thoughts, he then said, "I'm sure we'll make some more great memories in the future."
Elizabeth smiled to him softly.

I sure hope so, she thought to herself.

Alex then rested his head against hers and they stayed like that for a short while, being comforted by simply each others presence.

There was then a knock on the door, and Alex lifted his head, apologising as he stood up and walked over to the door.

"Oh thank god, I've been looking everywhere for you mate." A voice said from the hallway, and Elizabeth quickly realised it were Matt.
"Do y'know where Eliza is?" Matt asked.
Alex moved out of the way so his best friend could see her.
She smiled to him softly and got out of the seat, going to stand beside Alex.
"Sorry for stealing her away, we just decided to go on a little detour." Alex said, smiling down to Elizabeth, and she smiled up to him.
"Well we're about to do soundcheck so it'd be good if you could join us." Matt said in a certain tone, which Elizabeth recognised all too much.

Matt then turned away and walked down the hallway.
"Did I do something?" Alex asked.
"No he's just being an idiot... I'll catch you later, okay? I'm gonna go talk to him." Elizabeth said.
Alex nodded and watched as she ran down the hallway, catching up to Matt.

"What was that all about?" She asked him, "You acted like a prick."
Matt sighed, "I'm sorry, Eliza. But I can't help but notice how close you two are getting. I mean the bus... And now sneaking away with him?" He questioned.
Elizabeth looked at him in confusion.
"What is your problem with the two of us spending time together?" She asked him, "He's my friend too, not just yours."
"It's not because I have a problem with you being friends with him. We've both known him since we were kids so of course you're going to be around him, it's just how close you guys have gotten recently. Don't you remember what I said about him to you?" Matt asked.
Elizabeth sighed and looked up to him, "Yes, I do remember."
"Then that's why, okay? He's different Elizabeth, he'll hurt you and himself in the process." Matt said.
"Nothing is there." Elizabeth said sternly.
"But if there was... Just know that you shouldn't pursue it any further." Matt said, "I love you sis, and I love Alex, he's my best mate. I just don't want to see either of you getting hurt."
Elizabeth nodded and looked up to him, "Okay."

Matt smiled softly and brought his sister into a hug.
"I'm gonna go join the lads on stage." Matt said as he pulled away.
Elizabeth nodded and watched as her brother walked down the hallway to the stage.

Matt had always said to Elizabeth that he didn't like the idea of the two of them being together and she wondered if he had ever told Alex that.

Despite Matt telling Elizabeth that however, it never held her back before, it most likely wouldn't hold her back now.

She smiled as she remembered the days of her and Alex sneaking around, fearful that Matt will find out, yet also finding a thrill in running around in secret.

Elizabeth was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a familiar voice outside the room. "Alreyt!" A man yelled, with an accent similar to hers.

She ventured down the hallway and noticed a familiar face by the side of the stage, the friendly face of Miles Kane.

Her face lit up when she saw him, and she rushed over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Miles!" She exclaimed.

Noticing who she was, Miles picked her up and swirled her around in circles. "Lizzy!" He said happily, before setting her down and looking over her again as he hasn't seen her in years.
"I almost forgot how stunning you are." He said.
"Oh what about you Miles? You look on fire!" She said examining his outfit.

He was wearing white jeans, a bright pink top, the top three buttons unbuttoned, some fancy brown loafers, and a brown leather jacket. As well as some golden chains to top off the look.

"Darling, no one can compare to you." Miles said, imitating a chefs kiss.
"Are you two done or what? Kinda gotta get through here." Alex said, Miles turned around and he smiled at his best mate standing behind them.

Elizabeth smiled as she watched Alex and Miles hug and ask how the other had been. Soon Alex had moved past her and onto the stage, not before giving her a quick peck on the cheek as he ran up the stage, making her chuckle lightly.

Miles joined Elizabeth beside the stage, putting his arm around her.
"How have you been, Lizzy? I haven't seen you in ages!" He exclaimed.
"I'm holding up, yourself?" She asked.
"Never better." He said with a grin, showing his perfectly white teeth.
"How's the music been going Miles?" Elizabeth asked.
"Well we haven't really done anything in like two years, but we did release an album around, what was it? Three years ago now?" Miles asked himself, "'We' being The Last Shadow Puppets."

Elizabeth smiled, remembering their songs vaguely as she had listened to them numerous times on vinyl, perhaps even went to a show, where Alex had seen her in the crowd and proceeded to keep eye contact with her the entire night.

"The Age Of The Understatement." Elizabeth said.
"That's the one." He said, "You know, Alex wrote almost all the songs in there about you." He revealed, and Elizabeth felt her heart beat faster, looking over to Alex on the stage, the two making eye contact. She watched as something came over Alex, and his once sweet expression turned sour.
"I wrote some about you too." He then said at a whisper by her ear.

Elizabeth stayed silent. How could she respond to that? Both Alex and Miles have written songs about her? She wished that she could wiggle her way out of his arm.

"But I'm about to release an album." Miles spoke up, breaking the tension.
"Th-That's exciting, Miles. I'm so happy for you." She said, smiling to him softly.

Elizabeth couldn't help but feel a little bit awkward after knowing that Miles had written songs for her. And here he was having an arm wrapped around her.

The boys cycled through a few songs, Alex constantly looking over to Elizabeth and Miles during the sound check, feeling sick as he watched Miles hold her close to him.

Eventually they walked off stage, all of them piling into a shared dressing room. Despite all of them having them own, it just makes sense that they have a shared one too. Every had sat down, chatting away as they had an hour to kill, however Elizabeth had waited for Alex to come through the door, yet he hadn't yet. So she excused herself from the group and went down the hallway, she couldn't see him anywhere so she decided to push the fire escape door and there he was, leaning against the brick wall with a cigarette hanging loosely from his lips.

"Why aren't you hanging with us in the dressing room?" Elizabeth asked, walking up to him.
Alex shrugged and stayed silent. Elizabeth knew something were bothering him.
"What's happened?" She asked.
Alex looked over to her and sighed, "You and Miles look a little too comfortable." He said.
Elizabeth chuckled, "You're jealous." She stated.
"I am not." Alex said.
"Are so." Elizabeth said, smiling.
"Fine, I am jealous. So what?" Alex asked as he looked over to Elizabeth.
She smiled softly and placed her hand on his arm, looking into his eyes.
"There's nothing to be jealous of. You know how Miles is, he just gets comfortable with anyone like that." Elizabeth said, reassuring that nothing was there between her and Miles.
Alex smiled softly, "You're right." He said.

Elizabeth then wondered that if Alex was jealous, does that mean he has some sort of feelings for her?

You're getting ahead of yourself, Elizabeth thought to herself.

"Let's head inside and join the rest of the guys." Elizabeth said, and Alex threw his cigarette on the ground and stomped it with his foot before following the young woman inside.

They joined the group in the dressing room where they killed the hour by just chatting and having a drink or two, before Tyler entered the room, earpieces in his hand, handing them to each of the boys where they placed them in their ear. They all got their instruments as Tyler told them they were on in 5.

Elizabeth could already hear the crowd from the dressing room, roaring in anticipation as they awaited for the Monkeys to roll on stage.

The group walked out of the dressing room and down the hallway where they waited next to the stage, peeking out every so often to see just how many people were there.

Elizabeth looked out into the crowd and was shocked to find that the whole stadium was packed with people.

Alex then appeared beside Elizabeth, "It's crazy, huh?" He said into her ear.
Elizabeth looked up to him and smiled.
"It's a lot different than when I last was backstage looking out into the crowd." She said, "I have no doubt that you'll be great."
Alex smiled, "Thanks, Liz."

"You're on lads!" Tyler then called out from behind him.
"Have fun." Elizabeth said, looking to Alex and he quickly pecked her cheek before running on stage to join the rest of the boys.

The crowd roared, and Elizabeth found it crazy how much sound so many people could emit, the ground was shaking, it was wild.

"How are we today Sheffield!" Alex asked through the microphone and the crowd cheered, signalling that they were excited for the show.
Alex then began to play his guitar, specifically the start of 'Cornerstone' and away the boys went.

As they breezed through their set, Elizabeth realised just how many songs Alex had written about her, and she found it weird that they were about her, that Alex would write about her, meanwhile the crowd would sing these songs with him, despite not even knowing who these sons were about.

Alex then looked over and smiled to Elizabeth, to which she smiled brightly back.

"So when are you two getting together?" Miles asked from beside her, and she looked over to him, confused.
"What do you mean?" Elizabeth asked.
"Oh c'mon. I see the way you two look at each other, Lizzy. There's no denying something is there... There's always been something there, we can all see it." Miles explained.
Elizabeth furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, and just as she were about to ask another questioned, the crowd had gotten louder, as they cheered the boys off the stage.

Alex came running to Elizabeth, he picked her up and twirled her around before setting her down, their giddy laughter filling the room.

"You were amazing!" Elizabeth said happily.
"Oh don't exaggerate too much, love." Alex said.
"I'm serious! You guys were amazing... Especially you." She said, smiling to him softly.

Elizabeth didn't realise how close they were standing to each other until she felt his hot breath against her face.

"Guess what time it is!"
Nicks voice broke her out of the sudden trance, and she turned to face him.
She watched as Jaime's face lit up, and he yelled "Pub crawl time!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.7K 2.4K 16
| Alex Turner/Reader | An eccentric hotel owner and an inquisitive writer find solace in each other when they both seemed to be at the edge of rock b...
212K 5.4K 50
"You got a middle name?" "Arabella." (Under editing)
9.1K 80 11
"alex turner one shots" requests are open! other socials: tumblr - yourstartreatment instagram - yourstartreatment tiktok - yourstartreatment
14.1K 371 16
β˜…γ€‚οΌΌο½œοΌγ€‚β˜… 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐗 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 β˜…γ€‚οΌο½œοΌΌγ€‚β˜… . . . β‡’ ˗ˏˋ 𝐼 𝐢𝐴𝑁𝑇 𝐸𝑋𝑃𝐿𝐴𝐼𝑁 π΅π‘ˆπ‘‡ 𝐼 π‘Šπ΄π‘π‘‡ 𝑇𝑂 π‘‡π‘…π‘Œ ࿐ྂ...