After you left

By niaa_writes

"I don't want to, but I have to let go. It's better for her this way and I cannot have a fucking kid" Hardin... More

Chapter 1 - The start
Chapter 2- Avoiding?
Chapter 3- Trying to improve
Chapter 4- Miss me?
Chapter 5 - Long time no see
Chapter 6 - Nights like these
Chapter 7- England?
Chapter 8 - Manipulation
Chapter 9 - Bookings already
Chapter 10 - Pregnant?
Chapter 11 - Nightmare
Chapter 12 - Letting go
Chapter 13 - London
Chapter 14 - Miranda
Chapter 15 - Enough
Chapter 16 - Addict
Chapter 17- Pete
Chapter 18 - Gender Reveal
Chapter 19 - The mishap
Chapter 20 - Break down
Chapter 21 - Payback
Chapter 22 - Doubts
Chapter 23 - Journal
Chapter 24 - Hearing out
Chapter 25 - Old times
Chapter 26 - Ride back home
Chapter 27 - New neighbor
Chapter 28 - The letter
Chapter 29 - Adjusting
Chapter 30 - Lamaze class
Chapter 31 - The morning after
Chapter 32 - Can we?
Chapter 33 - Hiding something
Chapter 34 - Leaving again
Chapter 35 - Moving on
Chapter 36 - Is it betrayal?
Chapter 37 - Pain more than anger
Chapter 38 - Renovation Party
Chapter 39 - After party
Chapter 40 - Labour
Chapter 41 - After birth
Chapter 42 - Quality time
Chapter 43 - Apologies
Chapter 44 - Bonding
Chapter 45 - Misunderstanding
Chapter 46 - Good day
Chapter 47 - Family dinner
Chapter 49 - The babysitter
Chapter 50 - Irresponsible?
Chapter 51 - Unspoken
Chapter 52 - Distant?
Chapter 53 - Finally
Chapter 54 - Matured?
Chapter 55 - Fate
Chapter 56 - Tired
Chapter 57 - The end
Epilogue
Final author's note
Bonus epilogue (1)

Chapter 48 - A tad longer

3.7K 122 86
By niaa_writes

Tessa's POV:

"Oh my god Tessa!?" The lady comes towards me.

"Hi" I awkwardly smile. I don't remember who is she but she does look familiar.

"How are you?" She pulls me into a surprisingly tight hug.

"I'm- I'm good" I stammer. "I'm sorry, I don't recall you-"

"Oh, I'm Lisa. We met at Blind Bob's months ago" she smiles. "Lisa? Zed's girlfriend" she adds after looking at my clueless face.

"Oh yeah yeah. How are you? You're still dating... Zed?" I ask.

"Yes we're getting serious" she lowkey squeals.

"Listen, we might have gotten on the wrong foot because you know there was Molly- she's a total..."

"Total bitch, yeah" I complete her sentence and she gasps before laughing.

"I've heard so much about you and you looked like the only decent one in all of them" she tells me.

"Thank you..."

"Oh my god is that your baby?" she claps her hands together, covering her mouth.

"Yes"

"She's so beautiful, just like her mom" she pouts.

"Thank you"

I am getting so awkward, I don't even know her and I have no idea why she's trying to talk to me.

"Tessa I actually wanted to ask you something" she says putting the loose strand of her hair behind.

"Yea sure" I tell taking a seat on the bench and she sits beside me.

"I'm not you know, from their group. I was just a first-year.. met Zed at a party and we clicked. But I have to hang out with them too because he's a part of their group. I am so not into drinking and partying like they all are and to be honest, I feel left out and distant. How did you manage to do that? I still remember Hardin standing up for you, saying that you'll never be part of the group because you're too good. Zed never does that, nor does he understands" she sighs.

"I never mixed in with them too. And to be honest, Hardin didn't like me hanging around those guys, no offense-"

"None taken" she smiles.

"Yeah so, Hardin didn't let me go to parties with them. He excluded himself from them for me" I tell her the truth.

"Wow. Zed can never do that. You know I can handle the others but Molly, she's a bit too much" she clicks her tongue.

"Trust me, I know" I laugh reliving the memory of Molly trying to compress me.

"Thank you for listening, you're a sweetheart"

"It's alright. I'm sorry you have to go through this" I say and she nods. "Zed's a good guy. I'm glad you both are happy" I add.

"Thank you, he's actually just around here. He was going to meet me right there. You should meet him, he talks about you a lot"

"Oh. Hardin will be here any minute. And I don't think he'll wait" I chuckle.

Hardin's POV:

We get out of the ice cream parlor and I see Tessa sitting with a random girl on the bench. Tessa's leg is holding onto Emery's stroller.

"Who the fuck is she?" I ask Landon, putting my wallet back in my pocket.

"I don't know" he shrugs and we walk towards them.

"Oh there is the famous Hardin Scott" the girl throws her arms around me.

I want to push her and jerk her away from me. Her fucking perfume scent is so strong that it gave me a head spin.

"Excuse me?" I try to act polite but my voice comes out rude automatically. "Who are you again?" I ask her as she pulls back.

"Zed's girlfriend" she crosses her hand in disappointment as if I should have remembered.

"Oh Rina, was it?" I ask.

"It's Lisa" she shakes her head.

"You're still dating that motherfucker?" I scoff in amazement

"Hardin, language" Tessa scolds.

"Yea I'm still dating him" Rina says.

"Good for you" I end our small talk. "Tessa let's go" I turn to Tessa. I have absolutely no interest in my old life's asshole friend's love interests.

"Yeah" she gets up. "Bye Lisa, it was nice meeting you" she does that formal mandatory Tessa goodbye.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my favorite couple again" I immediately recognize the bitch's voice. "Zed and Liz are the current adorable love birds of the group, but Hessa will always remain a classic" the sarcasm in her voice is making me want to choke her with her own ugly pink hair.

"Hardin!" Zed calls out and shakes my hand, the old way we used to.

"Zed" I pat his back.

"What are you doing here Molly? I thought only Zed was meeting me here" Zed's girlfriend says.

"It's not a big deal. He was just giving me a ride. I have no interest in third wheeling you both" Molly says twisting her fake hair and rolling her eyes.

"Tessa, let's go c'mon" I hold Tessa's hand.

"We're not going to bite" Molly scoffs. "Oh look, you popped your baby out" she says touching Em's hair, who is just looking at us all in confusion.

Tessa, what it looks like, is planning Molly's murder on the spot. She already hates Molly and if she talks anything about Emery, she will kill her.

"Don't touch her" Tessa removes Molly's hand from her stroller.

"Woah chill mama" she rolls her eyes again. "Look at the irony Liz" Molly turns to them. "Hardin and I fucked, god knows how many times.. and poor Tess. Our virgin mary slept with one guy and what 3 times? And got herself stuck with a kid. Look at me, in perfect shape physically and mentally" she chortles boiling Tessa's blood even more.

"3 times?" Tessa scoffs. "You're just telling our 36 hours score" she exaggerates.

What the fuck? Is this still my Tessa?

"Till when are you going to whine about not getting Hardin? Get a life Molly" Tessa spits and walks ahead of me.

I bite my lips together, holding my laugh and start pushing Emery's stroller behind Tessa.

Not even 2 steps later, Molly speaks. "Aw look at that" she shouts and Tessa stops. "Campus' daddy Hardin is a daddy now"

"You bitch, just- fuck off Molly!" Tessa shouts instead of me this time and Emery giggles like she understood what just happened.

"Tessa, Language" I hold her shoulder by one hand and drag my angry woman out of there.

We get back to Landon's house, laughing at Tessa's behavior today. Angry Tessa makes me feel things I don't feel often.

"Come here" I sit down on the couch and open my arm for Tessa.

"I'm sorry for my behavior. I just- I don't know, I feel frustrated" she sits down beside me.

"You have been working non-stop for months and your sleeping schedule is messed up. You need a break" I tell rubbing her back.

"Yeah maybe" she sighs resting her head on my shoulder.

"How about you take these 2 days for yourself. I will take care of Em, yea?"

"Oh please, you get anxiety every time she cries" she scoffs.

"I can do it Tessa. She's grown up now I can handle her alone"

"Really?" she looks at me with twinkling eyes.

"Of course" I kiss her forehead.

"Or we can find a sitter and we can test her these two days before hiring her" she suggests.

"Sure" I say but she starts searching for something on her phone before my answer. "I'll be with Karen if you need me" She tells me and leaves.

Landon suggested I play those bloody video games with him as we have nothing better to do. I accepted his offer because I'd love to kick his ass in it.

"Here" Ken hands me a chilled beer.

"No thanks" I decline.

"Oh, okay" he gives a surprised chuckle and sits down beside me. "How's everything Hardin? Raising a kid huh?"

"Yea it's cool" I keep my eyes on the soccer players I'm controlling.

"I heard Tessa getting upset with you today. This used to happen every day with your mom and me. Parenting is hard as fuck, but these little fights between parents bring them closer"

"Okay?"

"Is there anything you want to ask or talk about being a father? I've been waiting for this day for so long"

I pause the game and keep the controller aside.

"Well there are a few things in which google seems to be of no use" I clear my throat and shift back. "Sometimes I can't believe I have a kid, like an actual kid. You getting me?" I ask and he nods. "I mean that girl looks up to me, she needs me, to be beside me always and she depends on me. It's kind of a pressure you know? I am scared that I will fuck it up. I don't want to disappoint her. I just want to do what's best and I don't think I am" I exhale.

"Well see Hardin, this type of cold feet is very common in a new dad like you. You are doing everything you can and you are definitely not letting her down, I assure you that" he pats my shoulder. "You get to mold her life. I fucked up your time but you, you are doing so good and I'm proud of you. There's so much pressure on you, I know it but you just gotta keep your shit together and just go with the flow"

"Not just Emery, both Tessa and her have so much hope in me and I don't want to let them down"

"You aren't and you won't. You are a way better father than me Hardin. You have nothing to worry about"

I know that Ken.

"Thankyou" I cut the conversation before we get too deep.

....

We just got to Tessa's apartment after a terribly long night. Tessa fell asleep in the car and I was left alone with a 5 month old who wasn't understanding a word I was saying. Eventually, talking and looking at the cars pass by, she fell asleep too, leaving me bored to death.

It's around 10 pm, and I'm tired as fuck. Emery is in full play mode now which is haunting me.

I remove my shirt and walk into Tessa brushing her teeth in her black sports bra and black panties. Holy fuck. Her hair is open, assuming she will brush them now. I am frozen in my position looking at her unreal beauty.

"Hardin!" She shouts with the toothbrush still in her mouth.

"I'll just-" I walk past the sink, towards the toilet, pretending like I didn't see anything.

"What are you doing?" she removes the toothbrush.

"Um, Pissing?" I say continuing my work.

"No, what are you doing here? You couldn't have knocked?" she says pulling a bathrobe on.

"I'm not even looking!" I definitely am.

"There's another bathroom in the house" I can feel her rolling her eyes right now.

"I didn't know you were in here. I'm going, jeez" I zip my pants up and turn around.

She's standing with her back supported to the wall, her arms crossed and her pouty little angry face staring at me.

"You weren't even naked" I wish she would have been.

"But you can't just barge into the bathroom without knocking" she says while I wash my hands.

"Noted" I sigh gripping the door handle. "You could have locked" I tell her. "Like this" I lock the door.

Tessa's POV:

He walks closer and closer to me, and I walk further and further backwards. What is he trying to do?

"Hardin-"

"Tessa" he smiles lightly when I finish walking all the way to the wall and I have no option but to stop now.

"Hardin-" I try to swoop around him but he grips my wrist, his cold hands making me feel ticklish.

"Tessa" he smirks pinning me to the wall and leaving my hand and putting his hand beside me to blocking my way out.

He is not even inches away from my face. His breath feels warm against my face. I can smell his cologne which is causing butterflies in my stomach. He is already shirtless, showing me his perfect body which is so close to me and making my insides tingle. He looks me right in the eyes. His look and abnormal breathing are telling me his intentions right now.

It's like he has done something to my body, some type of his magic. I am unable to move and take my eyes off him.

He holds the knot of my robe and unties it slowly.

"Hardin no" I tell him and he still opens the robe.

He removes it from me and it falls down on the ground revealing my body to him.

"You-" he holds my waist and brings me in front of the mirror. "You are so beautiful Theresa" he whispers in my neck. "This" he brings his finger down to my chest and slowly slides it down "This body" he continues whispering. "This stomach" he stops at my stomach and rubs it. "This is beautiful" he sighs. "You are literal perfection" he tells me kissing my ear.

"I saw you getting insecure about your body but this- this body has birthed a perfect human. These stretch marks and your imperfectly perfect hips, your breasts, your stomach... everything is absolutely stunning. And you stressing about your body is just bullshit Theresa. I mean look, look at how sexy you are even after giving birth" he holds me tight from behind, his chest feels cold against my bare back. "These stretch marks and all bring out an even sexier side of you. They make you hotter than ever, trust me" He buries his face in my neck and tightens his grip. "You are the most beautiful human inside out Theresa" he says against my neck.

He understands me so well, he knows me more than anyone, more than myself. I was feeling too insecure about my body every time I looked at it. But he... he makes me feel good about myself. I don't know how to thank him. I am looking into his gorgeous green eyes, filled with love towards me.
"How- How did you know?" my voice breaks as I hold his arms.

"I just know" he says and I turn to him, untangling myself from his grip.

I want to kiss those perfect lips of his and express how much I love this man.

I gather the courage to finally do so, I step closer to him and grip his arm. He takes my hint and a different kind of shine appears on his face. He holds my face, pushing aside the hair. And his other hand goes on my hip, multiplying the goosebumps all over. Both of our heartbeats are increasing rapidly. We bring our faces closer and closer until our noses touch. We take a moment to adore each other's lips. It's like we both are craving each other and are just about to pounce and have what we want, what we need.

He leans further to enter my mouth and I get ready to welcome him but we are startled and abruptly disturbed by our daughter who starts crying on top of her lungs.

I practically smash my head on Hardin's hard chest and he laughs, hugging me and rubbing my back.

Hardin's POV:

Tessa and Emery have both had their beauty sleep but I didn't sleep a minute and I am tired as fuck. They both have changed into their matching pajamas and are sitting beside me. Tessa is moisturizing and massaging Emery's face, who is sitting on her lap, enjoying it so much. I am loving what I'm watching.

"Hardin now your turn" Tessa tells me, making Em sit in between us.

"I'm not going to do this" I tell her and turn on the other side.

"Don't be dramatic, I just want to moisturize your face. It's good to take care of your skin" she says holding my head and placing it on her lap.

As long as I get to lie on these sexy thighs, I can get a full facial for all that I care.

She applies the cold cream to my face and massages it with her soft hands. Oh this actually feels amazing. I close my eyes and take the full experience of her soft gentle hands, massaging my face muscles that I didn't know could feel this relaxed.

It's not even minutes later when soft massage turns into smacks from my little girl. She is finding it hilarious hitting me on the face with her tiny hands.

Tessa bursts out laughing but doesn't stop Emery from hitting me. I want to but I don't stop her too because her laugh is something I could hear all day.

Tessa's POV:

"Why are we hitting daddy again?" Hardin turns over and picks her up, giving her smooches on her stomach which are making her laugh more. She tugs his hair between her tiny fingers.

They both have such fun almost every night. He's the only one that makes her cackle so much. I absolutely love their fun time, it's the highlight of my day.

"That's it and we're done for tonight" he yawns putting her down. "Night" he tells me before going to sleep.

Emery does not understand why he won't play with her anymore. She's looking at him, waiting for him to wake up and talk to her again. She looks at me with a frown on her face and her eyes start tearing up.

"Daddy isn't playing with Emery?" I whisper and shift near her. "He's exhausted honey, he will play tomorrow" I tell her combing her hair a little but she's still disappointed.

She jerks her head and tries to crawl towards him but fails. I help her by giving her a little push and she reaches him. She calls him, pats his shoulder but Hardin doesn't respond. His little snores have started, meaning that he already fell asleep.

"Em no, don't wake him up" I grab her by stomach but she holds on to Hardin's t-shirt tight.

Hardin takes a turn facing this side and she gasps thinking that she made it happen and he's waking up.

She holds his face and places a kiss on his cheek. Her way of kissing is placing her open mouth on that area and removing it after a second or two. It's the most adorable thing happening to us from a few days. She keeps giving Hardin kisses but he still doesn't wake up.

"Em let's go to sleep, that's enough for tonight" I tell her holding her back.

I hate telling her no to something but I've got to learn to be strict. Hardin can never be strict with her so it has to be me.

She continues trying to wake him up. "Emery I said that's enough" I whisper a little angrily.

"Let her be" Hardin says with his eyes still close and his voice raspy. Hearing his voice brings a huge smile on Emery's face and she squeals holding his hair. He wraps his hand around her and brings her even more closer to him. He moves from the pillow and places his big head on her tiny legs.

She loves Hardin's hair, not more than mine.. she loves pulling my hair too but Hardin's hair comes in grip and gives her that satisfaction. What was mine, is now hers and I don't regret it.

"Well, I'll just go to sleep. Nobody wants me anyways" I dramatically sigh and Hardin holds my hand.

"I want you" his voice is muffled against Emery's thigh, then he tilts his head and looks up at me. "I want you" he repeats and pulls my hand bringing me nearer.

Emery is sitting, resting her back on the bedhead. Hardin and I are lying down below her, with each of our heads on either side of her legs. "I love this" he says taking Em's foot and kissing it. "Me too" I take a long breath and force myself to believe that this is real.

"You know we can always continue what we left off in the bathroom" he says tucking my hair behind my ear.

"No we can't" I giggle.

"We can put Emery to sleep in her room tonight and maybe even-" he gulps "take that bathroom thing to bed"

"No we can't. Hardin we're in such a great place. Everything is going on too perfect to be real. I don't want to lose this. And you know the moment we get intimate in our relationship... something happens and someone leaves and I don't want that. I'm scared to go back in that circle" I tell him and he closes his eyes.

"You're not wrong. But you're not completely right either" he whispers. "It's okay I'll try to keep it in my pants for a little longer" he sighs upset. "But only a tad longer yea?" he adds smirking.

"Even if I wanted to tonight... I couldn't"

"You are on your period. I knew it!" he says with pride plastered on his face.

"No you didn't" I roll my eyes.

"Oh I did. And so did Emery. And so did Karen, Landon and Ken... and Molly" he laughs.

"Shut up!" I throw a pillow at his face.

He holds both my hands and starts tickling me. I try to stop him but he's too powerful. I think I am falling for him again. I am scared but I can't deny it.

Emery shouts looking at us in anger.

"She's jealous" I tell him, still breathless from all the tickling.

"Are you jealous baby?" he asks her putting out his hands for her and she smiles.

And they both are back to playing, they try to include me too but I love to just watch them have fun.

Hardin's POV:

Saturday morning, I'm sitting in my bed, working. My beautiful daughter is asleep beside me with her legs on me and her head near Tessa's stomach. Tessa is working on finding a sitter since she woke up. She has talked to about 4 companies but isn't satisfied with even one.

"You're going today right? For your break?" I ask her.

"Got it!" she shouts, completely ignoring my question. "Sorry what?" she looks at me.

"I was asking you are going out today for your break right?"

"Yeah no, we're going tomorrow. Kimberly and I" she says dialing someone's number.

"Hi Tessa here, Tessa Young. I just called your agency and I liked your profile out of all" she stands up and bites her nails.

"Uh-huh, okay.. Perfect! I'll see you soon" she hangs up and claps her hands.

"She's coming for the trial now" she walks out of the room in excitement.

I love seeing Tessa get excited about these little things. These moments remind me why I fell in love with her.

After 45 minutes of watching her clean the apartment a little, getting ready, bathing Emery and making breakfast... Tessa finally comes to me.

"Everything's ready. She should be here any minute. It says she's experienced with kids, she is a college student working part-time, her rate is in our budget, she has gotten excellent reviews and she loves kids. Who wouldn't love this scrumptiousness" she squishes Emery's face and kisses her face all over.

Tessa's POV:

The doorbell rings and I rush to open it. Hardin grabs Emery and comes behind me like I'm forcing him to do this. He sits down on the couch and shrugs like I expected him to.

I open the door and a gorgeous young lady is standing in front of me. Her brunette straight hair is left open. She's wearing a dark green crop top and black high waist jeans.

"I'm Mia. Mia Perez" her voice has a hint of Spanish accent like on the phone, and she has the perfect smile anyone could have.

...

Author's note-

4000 words... what is this? Hope you liked the quicker update 😋 Thank you for reading, I love each one of you very much!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.8K 2.2K 78
This is a Hardin x Tessa fan fiction, although focuses mostly on their daughter Emery Scott. Finished writing: March 25, 2021. Posting schedule: Tue...
482K 14.2K 113
Tessa and Hardin are finally together and living happily ever after in New York City. But of course, life is not a fairytale. The couple face new and...
52.1K 2.4K 38
Tessa and Hardin are forced to marry by their parents. They are opposite and how it's possible to be together? But what if one day they fall in love...
24.8K 1.9K 13
"I shouldn't have let you go" I whispered slowly. "But you came back" she touched my shoulder. "And now..." "And now what?" I yelled. At least I thin...