The Devils Love

By nataleet3

"Now I know why they call you the devil" "I told you I was anything but good Angel" - Two people that could h... More

Chapter One - Tattoos
Chapter Two - Angel
Authors Note
Shots - Chapter Three
New Home - Chapter Four
Car Ride - Chapter Six
Tasks - Chapter Seven
'The Devil'- Chapter Eight
'Please Me' - Chapter Nine
'Good Girl' - Chapter Ten
Scratches - Chapter Eleven
Scary Thoughts - Chapter Twelve
Shooting Range - Chapter Thirteen
'The Most Dangerous Drug' - Chapter Fourteen
Sleepless Nights - Chapter Fifteen
Giovanni - Chapter Sixteen
Risqué - Chapter Seventeen
Little Blade - Chapter Eighteen
My Girl - Chapter Nineteen
Captive - Chapter Twenty
Rescue - Chapter Twenty•One
Bath - Chapter Twenty•Two
Twisted Puzzle - Chapter Twenty•Three
Getting Away - Chapter Twenty•Four
Foreign Country - Chapter Twenty•Five
Steaming Shower - Chapter Twenty•Six
Beach Day - Chapter Twenty•Seven
A Night Out - Chapter Twenty•Eight
Beautiful Views - Chapter Twenty•Nine

Kian - Chapter Five

3.2K 78 7
By nataleet3

Davina King

An hour.

That's how long I had been sitting in this bed not wanting to move. When I had woken up I had hoped that the previous night had all just been a dream. I had hoped I would wake up in my own apartment, in my own room, in my own bed. Instead I woke up in a random guys apartment, in his spare bedroom. Too top it all off I'm hiding from someone that apparently wants me dead now because of a handsome stranger.

A stranger. Fuck I'm stupid.

That's all he was. A random guy. I didn't even know his name and I'm staying at his place. I just met him not even a whole day ago. I'd like to think I was a fairly smart girl but this, this is just complete stupidity. I know I chose to stay last night but was that really the right choice? I mean after all this man was being shot at and no one gets shot at for no reason.

I finally decided to get out of bed to figure out who the hell this guy is. I shivered as I removed myself from under the bedding, still being in my clothes from last night didn't help any. As I entered the living room I could already see him sitting at the kitchen island in only a pair of black sweatpants.

Damn he's good looking.

His hair was a mess, looking like he had just ran his hands through it. The sweatpants were sitting low on his waist exposing his deep v-line. His tattoos spread around his whole upper body. The muscles on his back contorted every time he would bring his coffee mug to his lips. In his other hand he held a lit cigarette.

"Mmm coffee and cigarettes, sounds like a good breakfast" I teased him.

"The breakfast of champions." He lifted his cup towards me then took another sip.

I started to look in the different cabinets for a cup. While he could have helped me by telling me where they were he just at sat there and snickered at my frustration until I found them. I made myself a cup of coffee and then sat down leaving a stool between him and I.

My common sense finally started to kick in and I knew I had to start talking to him about everything. "So tell me what I need to know."

"Excuse me?" He turned to face me with a confused look.

"I'm stuck here because there are people that could kill me, I've come to realize you're probably some sort of bad person that could also kill me, I don't have any stuff from my place so I have to walk around here dressed like a whore and freezing my ass off. I don't know your name, what you do, or why the hell people were trying to kill you, so please I would like a fucking explanation for how my life has came to this in less than a damn day." I was shocked at myself for going off the way I did but once I started I couldn't stop.

He put his cigarette out in the ash tray and then started speaking. "First of all, you need to watch that attitude of yours before I have to put you in your place. Second of all, my name is Matteo Romano and I own many businesses in which I am very successful so I have a lot of enemies and a lot of people want to take me and those businesses down. And lastly, we can go to your place so you can get whatever you need but you're not going alone and if I am not with you I at least need to know where you'll be."

I had to laugh at a few of his remarks cause he must think he can control me. "So possessive already and we haven't even hooked up." This got me a hard stare from him. "And the thing about my attitude, that's not gonna change. This attitude of mine is what helps keep me safe from random creeps at the club, so do what you want but it's not going anywhere."

"Well on the bright side of things because I'm fucking stupid you now know exactly where I live, the floor number and the apartment number, so I can't really just let you go back to the club. I can find something for you but it'll be within one of my businesses where I can keep a close eye on you." He has got to be fucking with me right now. He's just gonna take my job away from me and stick me in a whole new one.

I was about to respond when a loud knock came from the front door. It caught both of our attentions as we turned to look at the door. Matteo got up from his chair and walked out of view and into the foyer. I was going to get up and go back to what I guess is now my room but I heard a deep laugh sounding from the door. I had already heard Matteo's laugh so I knew it wasn't his.

My curiosity got the better of me because I wanted to know who the laugh belonged too. Instead of retreating to my room like I had originally planed to do, I stayed put in my spot at the marble island. Matteo was the first one to walk into the room. Following behind him was another man who looked to be in his early twenties.

He was attractive like Matteo. They looked kind of similar in some ways actually. They both had shorter brown hair, both were tall and muscular, Matteo only had about two inches over this guy. While their facial structures were fairly different, one of the biggest differences to me were the eyes. Matteo had bright blue almost grey eyes, and this guy had darker green eyes that looked to be blended with a hint of brown.

Both men walked in the kitchen, Matteo went back to his cup of coffee and the other guy just stood there eyeing me for a moment. "Well I would certainly hope you didn't just pick up some random chick after nearly being killed. Although it wouldn't be the craziest thing you've done." He said and nudged Matteo's shoulder.

"Actually it is sort of something like that. However, unlike just being a random chick, I now have to stay here." I responded before Matteo could. I could tell this pissed him off as he sent me a glare.

"Oh well now I need to hear this story. I should have known something was up, you always kick 'em out right after you're done with 'em." The guy took the seat that was left on the other side of Matteo. I rolled my eyes at his comment which I knew was about Matteo hooking up with random girls.

Honestly so disgusting how some men just use women.

"By the way, my name is Kian, Love" He sent me smile and in return Matteo sent Kian a glare.

Matteo and I spent the next fifteen minutes explaining how I ended up here. It would have went by much quicker had Kian not interrupted us every two seconds to laugh at Matteo or call him a dumbass. It was quite enjoyable for me to see though. I mean he was constantly getting called out for what he did wrong and I hadn't had a word said negatively towards me.

I could get used to having this guy around.

Matteo Romano

He would pick now of all times to show up. Typical.

Kian has been my right hand man for as long as I can remember. Even as kids we were attached at the hip. While we are cousins in a way, most people thought, and still think, that we're brothers. We were raised as brothers. I was adopted when I was just a baby because my mother had been told that she wouldn't be able to have her own children. 

However, when I was six years old she got pregnant and died giving birth to my brother Cailum. Her death turned my father cold and ruthless. He had already been a widely successful businessman, but he started getting power hungry and so he 'expanded' his businesses and started getting further and further into the underworld. He had the funds to do whatever he wanted and eventually he found the man power to support it. I am the oldest so my father always groomed me to take over his businesses one day when he could no longer run them. 

His death occurred when I was just twenty-two. Part of me wanted to just ditch everything as revenge on him for making my life hell, but the other part of me wanted to take what he had and make it mine. So that's exactly what I did. How I made a name for myself. Now I'm twenty-eight and have accomplished so much more than he could have ever dreamed of. 

This was my revenge on him. Becoming more than he ever could be. 

Kian entered the picture when I was about eight years old. He was my fathers nephew, but both of his parents had bad drug problems. I don't know if my father offered to take Kian or if they had just dropped him off and disappeared, but non the less he just showed up one day and never left.  

One of the plus sides of being so close to him is I can read him like a book. He loves to joke and he messes with everyone, so the fact that hes not doing that to Davina means one of two things.

One- He doesn't trust her. Which if that were the case I know he would tell me later but privately because while he does like to joke he is damn good at always having my back and doing his job.

Two- He's gonna try to sleep with her. Now this I've seen a million times. He won't joke or insult them. He'll try to be nice so they think he's some kind of gentlemen, but in the end he's the same as me. He'll fuck then leave or fuck then kick them out.

I hope that neither of these will be the case because I can see both leading to a bad outcome.

If he doesn't trust her, there is a possibility I'm already fucked and she's actually working against me. If he tries to sleep with her and she lets him, he'll be an asshole afterwards and then I'll have to listen to Davina go on and on about him being an asshole. So basically I was fucked either way. I just hoped that if he does try to sleep with her, she'll be smarter than any of the other girls he's been with.

"Well Love, I think it's about time someone takes you to your place to get your stuff. I can't believe my own cousin would be so inconsiderate as to leave you in those clothes. My day is pretty much free so I can take you." He looked to me to see me already staring him down. "That is of course, if it's okay with my cousin here." He grabbed my shoulders and I pushed his hands off of me.

So he is trying to sleep with her. Figures.

I was ready to tell him that he can fuck off and I would take her later but once again she spoke up before I even had a chance to open my mouth. "He's not my father, I don't need his blessing for anything, and since you are his cousin I'm sure you're trusted enough to take me." An evil little smile came across her lips and the girl I had called Angel now looked and sounded like a demon.

She's lucky we weren't alone here. With as much as she's pushed my buttons already today, I couldn't help but think about taking that all out on her.

I know I was internally scolding Kian for wanting to sleep with her, but she did have a nice little body that would be easy to just throw around and use however I please. The way she got nervous when I got close to her in the elevator told me that might be the only way to get her to lose the attitude. I practically had to rip my mind away from the thoughts of what I could do to her and her body to get her to shut up. 

"Fine you two can go but hurry the hell up and don't make any extra stops." I could tell Kian was surprised I agreed but my mind flashed back to last night at the club where she was constantly trying to pull her skirt down to cover herself. She seems to have enough self respect so I'll hope she doesn't fuck him, but just in case...

She had went to her room to grab her shoes and Kian was waiting by the door for her. I walked back to her opened door and leaned on the frame crossing my arms over my chest. Her back was turned to me so she could put her shoes on but I guess she heard me.

"Is there something you need?" God, the attitude that constantly dripped from her voice would cause me to go crazy.

"Just don't fuck him." My words were plain, simple, and to the point.

A light giggle came from Davina as she stood up and walked towards me now with her shoes on ready to leave. She walked to me with a sense of confidence in her step and she stopped when she was only a few inches from me. One of her hands came up and gently placed itself on the upper left side of my chest. That same evil smile playing on her lips again. She leaned in close to my ear just to wispier her few words before she walked out to Kian leaving me dumbfounded.

"To bad you can't stop me."

-A/N-

Hey y'all I wanted to make this chapter a little longer since I know the past two chapters have honestly sucked and I didn't update for like two weeks previous to the last chapter coming out. Anyway I hope you all liked this chapter and if you want me to start doing longer chapters like this please let me know. As always, I love you all thank you for all the support you guys are showing me and the book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 5.6K 45
"All this was a misstake. I thought I would get help and be free but I threw myself into another nightmare." My voice barely a whisper. ------- She h...
The Arrangement By ☆

Mystery / Thriller

468K 10.3K 48
𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how much I've had to refrain myself from fuckin...
155K 3.6K 32
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
12.3M 371K 38
__❤︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❤︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...