Right Infront Of Your Eyes

By Peachsk

Everyone around Kayla has always thought she was the rebellious child. No one dared to open their eyes wide e... More

A/N- Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1- Imagine
Chapter 2- You see vandalism, I see art.
Chapter 3 - Your in my personal bubble
Chapter 4- Shooting Star
Chapter 5- Watch it
Chapter 6- Batteries
Chapter 7- New Girl
Chapter 8- Keep Your Mouth Closed
Chapter 9- One becomes four
Chapter 10- One sip turns into many
Chapter 11- Drunken mess
Chapter 12- Leverage
Chapter 13- Late night adventure
Chapter 14- Ditch
Chapter 15- You see me
Chapter 16- Two sides
Chapter 17- Carpooling
Chapter 18- Righting The Wrongs
Chapter 19- Coming over?
Chapter 20- Simular Lives
Chapter 21- Bathroom Problems
Chapter 22- Phone Calls
Chapter 23- Information
Chapter 24- Help
Chapter 25- Stuck up
Chapter 26- A Bump In The Road
Chapter 27- Getting it off my chest
Chapter 28- Thats What They All Say...
Chapter 29- Accused
Chapter 30- Worried
Chapter 31- Shopping
Chapter 32- Not forgotten
Chapter 33- Family Day Out
Chapter 34- Arguments
Chapter 35- Listening
Chapter 37- Opening A New Door...
Chapter 38- Pulse
Chapter 39- Angry Beast
Chapter 40- Long and Lost
Chapter 41- Seeing The Lost
Epilogue

Chapter 36- Mapping it out...

11.7K 383 103
By Peachsk

Kayla Pov

Where should I start? Was the question that pondered my mind.

The endless pen tapping against my forehead in hopes it would knock some sense into me.

Concentrate.

Yes Kayla, concentrate on the test infront of you. Not of your endless thoughts.

"You have ten more minutes until your test is over."

Shit. I wasn't getting this essay finished. My mind was too busy thinking about last night...

Back To Last Night...

The car ride was silent. My attention was only on the seceniory outside the window. The street lights the only thing lighting up our faces as we drove past them.

I didn't miss my Dad's wondering eyes glancing back to me every so often through the rearview mirror. Catching one of his glance I sent him a small smile.

A part of my heart warmed at his wrinkled eyes from softely smiling back to me. They had cared enough to come looking for me. Even to pick up me up and most surprisingly they haven't yelled.

Finally we pulled up to the driveway. The tires of the car pulling in must of caught the boys attention as the front door opened in an instant. There at the door stood Ethan.

My hand reached for the door handle only to find it locked. Louise and Dad hadn't made a move to get out.

"Kayla. When we get inside I think we need to talk. So all I ask is for you not to head straight to your room." Dad had turned in his seat to face me.

Nodding my head in agreement. Dad unlocked the doors letting us out.

I walked straight past Ethan only for him to grab my wrist. Stopping me in my tracks. Turning to face him. I glanced to his hand back to his face. Ethan understood what I was trying to say. He lightly let go of my wrist, dropping his hand back by his side.

We just stared at eachother. Over Ethans shoulder as best as I could see was Dad and Louise getting closer. Not wanting to seem like a fool any longer I turned back around and made my way to the couch.

Dad stood infront of me, while Louise took a seat beside me. Leaving enough space between us.

"Kayla what had you so upset earlier?" Dad questioned. His arms crossed over his chest.

"If I talk are you going to listen and promise not to shout?" I asked, looking between both Dad and Louise. They shared a look to which Louise nodded her head. Encouraging my Dad to agree on my terms.

Dad let out a long sigh, running his hand down his face. He looked tired. "Yes Kayla I will listen. I promised you I would be better."

Nodding my head. I swallowed thick lump of saliva that seemed to grow in my dry mouth.

"So why did you and your brothers fight earlier?" Clearly someone caught Louise up.

"They found out I'm back in contact with Wyatt Merlind and they don't like it." I explained. I rested my back more into the couch feeling my tired body relax as I did.

Behind Dad standing at the kitchen entrance was Ethan. I had full view of his expression. Him being the most readable one out of my brothers I found myself unable to read him.

"Wyatt Merlind? As in the one who you vandalised that building with?" Dads jaw was tensing.

"Yeah him." I nodded my head.

"Kayla what are you back in contact with him? I thought you had moved on." Louise had inched slightly closer to me. She tried to do it on the down low but I saw her every move. Even when she tried to rest a comforting hand on my knee but I had inched away.

Crossing my arms over my chest. I couldn't tell them the full truth. Parents or not, trust is earned. "I did. We had both moved on so I thought. The thing is when you lose someone you only realise how much you should of appreciated them." I bit my tongue from saying anymore. If Dad found out Wyatt was doing drugs, he definitely would have a conniption.

"So what your trying to say is you need him? Like you miss him?" It was like Dad was trying to figure this all out in his head.

I shook my head. "I don't need him. He needs me."

"Kayla is there something your not telling us?" Louise questioned. I could her shared glance between her Dad. It is like they can read eachothers minds.

"I agree, you seemed more upset. I know it wasn't over a boy because I know you wouldn't get upset over one." Dad was nodding his head to himself. The pieces in his head seemed to be making sense.

I raised my eyebrow. I held a scoff in, I wanted to express. "Sometimes the people who are suppost to love you first are the ones to show you what real heart break is." I muttered. My eyes stared past Dad and shot daggers at Ethan.

Dad's and Louise faces contorted to confusion. Dad caught my death stare, looking behind me. He raised a questioning eyebrow at Ethan. "Care to explain?"

I watched as Ethan stood up straight. He was caught, I watched as he swallowed hard. His eyes darting between the three of us.

"Yeah Ethan care to explain?" I taunted.

"Kayla. We are being civil remember?" Dad warned.

"We are just trying to look out for her." Ethan shrugged. His hands stuffed into his tracksuit bottoms.

"Okay. But do you care to elaborate? These one line answers aren't getting us anywhere." Dad sighed. Once again ran a hand over his eyes.

"We are just trying to look out for Kayla so she doesn't make a stupid mistake. She doesn't like it." Ethan explained.

"Did you forget to mention how you are only trying now?  How you only seem to care now because you are feeling guilty? Have you all forgotten how you all isolated me? Made me feel like I was a nuisance. Life is shit and I understand that. But you can't change a person, just because they remind you of someone else. You just have to look at whats right infront of your eyes. " I spoke, my heart beated out of my chest because for the first time in a very long time. They were listening.

"Kayla_"

The door opening caught our attention. In walked Gavin, who held the door open for Harvey who followed behind.

Present Time...

"Times up! Please put your pens down and hand up your tests. You are free now to leave." Mr. Will called out. He stood at the top of the room as people rushed to gather their things. Handing over the sheet.

I bit my lip when I realised I hadn't finished. My mind had been too distracted to care about this test. Might aswell take the punch. I gathered up all my things, slinging my bag onto my back. Walking up to Mr.Will I held out my paper to him.

"Kayla can you stay back for a minute?" Mr.Will asked as he took the paper off me. Looking around I caught Gabbys questioning stare. "You go ahead." I mouthed to her in hopes she would understand. She nodded her head leaving the room. Turning my attention back to Mr.Will who was waiting for my answer I nodded my head. We waited until the last student came up handing their paper in.

Taking a step back, Mr.Will fixed the stack of papers before placing them on his deask. Moving around so he was closer to me he leaned on his desk.

"Kayla, how have you been? I noticed you started to be more present in my class but in also others."

I pulled my bag straps closer to myself. "Yeah, well I had been caught so I'm on careful watch lately."

"Good. Well I'm glad to see you have started to care about your education. I know school can't be the best place for some people but the rules are in place for a reason. I hope you understand that. We do care." Mr.Will said.

"Yeah I know." I smiled.

"Well I'm glad you know that. Also Kayla my classroom door is always open. If you ever need to chat, I'll be looking forward to see how well you did on your test." Mr.Will smiled, he stood back up straight.

While I chewed on the inside of my cheek. I definitely didn't do that well on the test.

"Well I better not keep you long Kayla. You have lunch to attend. Enjoy."

"I will. Thank you." One last apperaction before I left. Exiting out of the classroom only for Gabby to be waiting outside the door.

"What was that about?" She asked. In her hands was a copy.

"He just wanted to see how I had been getting on. Nothing intresting." I shrugged as qe walked down the crowded hall.

"Oh well, so how was the test? I think I did okay_" Gabby chatted away. While my eye caught a familiar someone. I hadn't even gotten the chance to reply to his message last night due to everything that happened.

"Kayla? Earth to Kayla?" Blinking a couple of times I hadn't even noticed we had stopped walking.

"Sorry Gabby. I'll catch up with you later. I just need to give my brother something." I glanced between Gabby and Wyatt.

"Do you want me to come?" Gabby suggested.

Shaking my head I could already feel my legs moving in the direction of Wyatt. "No, I'll be fine. Thanks Gabby." I waved her off. While she just stood there with a confused expression.

Looking over both of my shoulders to make sure no one was following me. I pulled out my phone texting Wyatt to let him know to meet me under the stairs.

I watched from a distance how Wyatt instantly checked his phone. How he looked around, catching my stare. Nodding his head he started to make his way towards the stairs.

Once we were both under, the halls were mostly quiet since everyone had moved to the cafeteria.

Wyatt shook his head. "You never texted me back."

"I know. I had shit to deal with yesterday. I never got the chance." I explained.

"It's fine. Kayla this is fucking hard. My pen exploded in my mouth today from chewing on it so hard." Wyatts voice sounded strained. He looked stressed the way his eyes would dart here and there. His usual curly brown hair was all tussled.

"Wyatt you can do it. I told you I would help. Anytime your having cravings I need you to text me and I'll be there. I promise." I took a step closer. Enclosing the space between us.

Wyatt closed his eyes. He brought his hands up to his face. Rubbing his eyes. "Why did I do this to myself?!"

"We do stupid shit for stupid things." I smiled lightly at how ironic my comment was.

"Thanks for the reminder." Wyatt mumbled.

Rolling my eyes, it only came to my mind about how close I was actually standing to him. Taking a step back. I awkwardly pulled my bag straps to myself. "Wyatt I mean it. Call me at any time." Just as I was about to leave Wyatt called me back.

Looking over my shoulder I waited for what he had to say.

"Can I have lunch with you?" Wyatt asked.

My mind told me no. My gut told me no. But my heart told me yes and when have I ever listened to my mind. "Sure."

****

"What is he doing here?" Lee questioned as his eyes ran up and down Wyatt. Who stood beside me.

"I invited him." I said. Discretely elbowing Wyatts side so he would go with it.

"I don't mind if he joins. Do you India?" Gabby was the first to break up the tension.

India's eyes carefully looked over me before looking at Wyatt. Shrugging she replied with a sure. Not to bothered by Wyatt joining us. But I didn't miss the smirk hidden in the corner of her lips.

While Lee look at us in disbelief.
Gabby moved over so we could sit down beside her on the bench.

"Thanks guys." Wyatt replied.

"It's okay. A friend of Kayla's is a friend of ours. Isn't it guys?" Gabby smiled. She searched for an answer off Lee and India but they just continued to eat. Gabby let out a sigh. "Don't mind them two. They are just not as friendly."

"Ow!" Lee grunted. Gabby sent him a smile. Looking between them I couldn't help but not laugh. They really did deserve eachother.

"So did you give your brother that thing?" Gabby asked.

"Um yeah. I did." I sent her a forced smile.

"Gabby I think giving something to her brother is code word for meeting up with Wyatt here." India pointed out. Sending her the glare while Gabby made an 'O' shape with her mouth.

"There is nothing going on." Both me and Wyatt said at the same time. Causing the table to go silent and all eyes on us. Lee's felt more like a glare not directed to me though.

India put her hands up in a mock surrender. "Okay don't get your ninny's in a twist." A dead smirk still on her lips.

Rolling my eyes. I muttered to Wyatt. "Don't mind her."

"Noted." He whispered back.

"You know what I'm heading to the library. I have a test." Lee stood up, slinging his bag onto his back.

"But I thought you studied for it last night?" Gabby questioned.

"I got a bit distracted." Lee's eyes fell onto me and then back onto Gabby, before leaving.

"Do you know what is wrong with him?" Gabby watched as Lee walked off towards the school. Disappearing into the building.

"No clue." India said as she threw a piece of popcorn into her mouth.

****

Okay, these are all the places. Each one is only one or two blocks away from eachother. I mean we have the car but I want to do this my way.

If I want them to understand me. If I want them to see me.

There we go Chapter 36...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. To say we got a little bit of progress and there is so much more to come in the next couple of chapters. Sorry for the long wait.

I just want to mention if you want to keep with up-to-date more detailed updates. They will be on my insta. At Peachsk_wattpad.

So give it a follow :)

What do we think of how Lance and Louise handled Kayla??

What's up with Lee?? And is Wyatt willing to try??

What do you think will happen in the next chapter?? Or what do you want to happen??

Any suggestions??
Any theories??
Any questions??

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412K 7.6K 38
(Book 2 of the MOPB series) Monroe Nelson was physically and sexually abused by her father and uncle, making her be afraid of men since she was young...
68.6K 1.8K 28
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
1.6M 53.6K 73
Alexander, James and Skye were triplets. They were stolen from their family at the age of 4. The family searched for them day and night never giving...