Two Rules

By AlexiaArrowood

*Started May 2021* *Completed 6.27.22* *Currently being edited* When Scarlett Nelson applied to Clarkson Univ... More

⭐︎Characters
Chapter One- "Scarlett Newman"
Chapter Two- "Shit"
Chapter Three- "you don't have any exes?"
Chapter four- game one
chapter five: "you are not my boyfriend"
chapter six: "i don't mind saving you"
chapter seven: "what happens now"
chapter nine: "I'm not dating anyone"
Chapter ten: "I'm sorry I killed the mood"
Chapter eleven: "no, coach, she isn't"
chapter twelve: "never have i ever"
Chapter thirteen: Cornell Game
Author's Note!
chapter fourteen: "not coach and captain"
chapter fifteen: "I want to"
chapter sixteen: banquet pt. 1
chapter seventeen: banquet pt. 2
chapter eighteen: Halloween
chapter nineteen: "You belong in an ice arena, not a grass stadium"
chapter twenty: "taking a break"
chapter twenty-one: "They're fucking!"
Chapter twenty-two: "uh, used to be figure skater"
Chapter twenty-three: the start of the end
Chapter twenty-four: "sometimes it can't be about me"
chapter twenty-five: "You're not a distraction"
Chapter twenty-six: "really? It's all over?"
epilogue
Sequel out now!
Bonus Chapter: Andrew and Nat
Bonus Chapter: ECAC Championship

chapter eight: "okay"

17.6K 237 34
By AlexiaArrowood

We had procrastinated our homework more than we had all planned. First Cameron convinced us his stomach "needed to settle after his big breakfast" so we pushed it until after lunch. And then the boys somehow forgot they had film from last nights game at 1:30 so they all had to leave for about an hour while we stayed at their house.

Which puts us just now finishing all of our homework and it was already 7. We had ordered Chinese takeout for dinner and were all finishing the last of our homework for the day.

"ugh, homework kills my brain cells" Bella complained

"sorry B, but I think it actually does the opposite" Chloe laughed

"You know what I mean, my brain needs a break" she said rubbing her temples

"We've taken enough breaks today, once everyone's done then we'll do something fun" Chloe compromised.

We all closed our computers about 10 minutes later and decided to watch a movie.

Once the movie was done, Seth offered to drive all of us back to our dorms since it was getting pretty late and we all had class tomorrow. Once we all got our things together and were getting ready to walk out of the door, Noah grabbed my hand to hold me back.

"Go on a drive with me, I'll take you back after"

"okay, where are we going?" I asked

"you'll see" he winked and went to grab his keys.

"Hey guys, Noah's gonna drive me back in a bit. I'll see you later"

Nat narrowed her eyes at me and gave me a look that said something along the lines of "don't get into too much trouble" and they all said their goodbyes and left.

When Noah came back down with his keys in hand, he grabbed my bag for me and we went out to his jeep. He put my bag into the back and reversed out of the drive way, driving the opposite way of campus.

We listened to music and enjoyed the cool air of the night as we drove in comfortable silence. After about 10 minutes he turned onto a dirt path off of the road.

"um if you're going to kill me and bury me in the woods I guess this would be a good place" I looked at him with a confused smile.

"Nah I would go further away from campus, they'd find you too fast here" he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I watch him drive further from the main road. A minute later we pulled into a small make-shift parking lot next to a small lake, or large pond depending on how you view it. It was breathtaking, especially with the moon light creating a reflection on the water.

"wow" I let out a breath, "this is beautiful. I've lived here my entire life and I never knew this was here"

"it's technically private property so there's really no way you'd ever know it was here"

"God, Noah are we trespassing right now?" I looked around worried.

"no, no. I know the woman that owns the property. She's friends with my father, she lets me skate here when it freezes in the winter. But even when it's warm outside, it's just a good place to think." He said looking out at the water.

He led me over to a small bench on the edge of the pond and I leaned into his side as we watched the wind create ripples on the waters surface.

"You have a lot of secret places Noah Hale" I looked up at him with a small smile.

"I like to be alone a lot, so I try to find unknown places to go" he smiled, "plus taking girls to places they think I haven't taken anyone else is a great way to get them into bed" this time he looked at me with a grin and started laughing.

"I hate you" I laughed as I hit his arm, "and you are not funny by the way"

"aw Scar, I'm hilarious" he laughed and pulled me back into his side.

"So if you're not here to murder me, what are we doing here" I questioned.

"It's a good place to think, like I said, but I figured it'd be a good place to talk about us too. Whatever is going on"

"It'd be complicated, you know that right?" I asked, still looking at the water

"I know."

"You're gonna be busy with hockey"

"I know"

"and I'm going to be busy with school"

"I know"

"plus we'd have to hide it from my dad"

"I can do that, for now"

"okay"

"okay?" he questioned

"yeah, okay. If you want to try then I do too" I said, finally looking up at him.

He smiled back and leaned down and gently grazed my lips with his. I pushed up against him to deepen the kiss and sat up on the bench to get a better angle. Keeping our lips connected, he easily lifted me up to where I was straddling him. He put his hands on the back of my head and gently pulled my hair causing me to slightly gasp. He took that opportunity to push his tongue past my lips deepening the kiss even more.

We both pulled back for air right as rain drops started to fall. I looked to the sky as they started falling more and more. We both laughed as I rested my head on his shoulder, slightly out of breath from the intense make out session. He lifted me off his lap and we ran back to the jeep as it continued to pour. He opened my door and helped me in before running around and getting into the driver's side. We were both already decently soaked and my hair was sticking to my face and shoulders.

Once he was in and the door was closed we both sank in the seats and looked at each other smiling. He reached over and moved a wet peace of hair from my cheek before giving me a peck on the lips.

"I guess I should get you back now, huh?" he asked

"maybe, Nat might send out a search party soon" I laughed

We made the 15 minute drive back to the dorm and he parked outside of the nearest door.

"When will I see you next?" he asked, looking like a sad little puppy with his wet hair and longing eyes.

"Well, you have practice all week and I have class so probably not until Wednesday in writing class" I said with a sympathetic smile.

"nope, too long. I'll figure something out before then" He said smugly.

I laughed and leaned over to give him a quick kiss before going inside. Once I made it up to our dorm, I closed the door and leaned against it with a sigh. I hadn't gotten a chance to think about the last hour until now.

What does this all mean? Did I really just agree to try and make things work with Noah Hale? My dad is going to kill me.

"What the hell happened to you" Nat asked bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Umm, I think I just agreed to be with Noah?" I said hesitantly

"Be what? Friends? Fuck buddies? Girlfriend? I need more details please"

"more than friends, definitely not fuck buddies, but he didn't officially ask me to be his girlfriend. I mean that's too soon right? I guess we're just talking?"

Nat screamed, causing Bella and Chloe to rush into our room from the bathroom.

"what? What happened" Chloe looked at me, "and why are you all wet?"

"Scarlett here just got back from a date with Noah, and they are like together now or something" now it was Bella and Chloe's turn to scream.

"Hold on, you're telling me that Noah Hale, notorious for hooking up with random girls, wants to be in a relationship?!" Chloe asked, "I mean I've been around him for over a year now because of Seth and I've never once even seen him bring a girl home for a date"

"Way to make her self-conscious Chlo" Bella chimed

"No, sorry, that's not what I meant. I'm just surprised is all. I mean aren't you worried that he's incapable of a relationship"

I finally joined in, "I mean yeah I'm worried, but I also feel like I owe it to myself to at least give it a shot. If it blows up in my face then there's plenty of other guys at Clarkson. But I can't just ignore my feelings for him because I'm afraid."

They all nodded in understanding and after squeezing every last detail from our date out of me, they calmed down. We all got ready for bed, happily changing out of the wet clothes, and Chloe and Bella went back to their room.

I climbed into bed and decided to text Noah.

Me: You get back ok?

Noah: no. I crashed and died ;)

Me: ha. ha. you're still not funny

Noah: I'm hilarious, I told you

Me: The girls freaked out when I got home

Noah: jesus, I can only imagine the grilling I'm going to get next time Chloe is over here

Me: lol probably. Goodnight Noah♥︎

Noah: goodnight Scar♥︎

I plugged my phone in and set my alarms for class tomorrow.

♥︎A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Don't forget to Comment and Vote! See y'all in the next chapter ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 4.3K 56
"I wouldn't do that if I were you", I hear Shawzy say as I'm about to turn the corner. I stop before I walk into the conversation. "And why is that...
1.5M 26.3K 51
college hockey player Wes Graham has tormented Adare Wells since they were in the first grade. pulling her hair, breaking her crayons, calling her na...
414K 16.9K 68
"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you gives me god damn butterflies. Hearing...
170K 1.6K 15
This book is currently being rewritten- slow updates- September 2023 Have you ever wondered what the life of a teenager who seems like a perfect Chri...