Hide & Seek Marriage (Complet...

By AngelTweet

Two strangers or Two Soulmates One is Fire other is Water. One is emotional other is over practical. One enjo... More

Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Epilogue

Chapter - 1

22.6K 535 101
By AngelTweet

"Congratulations Didi" Swara turned to look at her little brother Rohan and before she knew, she was pulled into a tight hug.

"Thanks, Jiju now this Hitler will be your headache. And now you must bear her tantrums for all your life. So much needed best of luck" Rohan teased breaking his hug.

"Ouch" he screamed as Swara hit him on his back. "By the way, wish you both my heartly congratulations." Rohan turned to Nikhil.

"Rohan watch your words man. Now you are talking about my beloved fiancée" Nikhil wrapped his arms around Swara's shoulder. She wiggled as everyone was watching them with adore.

"What? Just now we got engaged and we have all rights to romance in front of everyone" Nikhil shrugged his shoulders winking at Swara whose cheeks were competing with tomatoes.

Everyone laughed loudly looking at the teasing session.

"Take care of my daughter" Anurag, Swara's father blessed both, whereas Reva, her mother became teary as usual.

'All mothers are the same they have water connection to their eyes.'  Swara became teary with just the thought that within few months she would be married and moved to her in-law's place.

"Ohh come on Swara & Reva, why you both are crying? She is not going far away. She will be just next door where you both can meet each other every day" Sumitra, Nikhil's mother replied understanding.

Today was the most awaited day for Mehra and Chaturvedi Family as it was engagement of their kids. Both families were staying in Mumbai's suburb Borivali's Surya-Kiran Society and shared warm relation.

Swara knew Nikhil from last three to four years. From the day Mehra family shifted to Borivali from Girgaon Chawl.

Mehra family was nuclear middle-class family in which head of the family Anurag was accountant in co-operative bank whereas Reva his wife, was housewife, but she supported her husband with her tiffin service. They both worked hard to build this small one bedroom hall kitchen flat.

Swara was bright student from her childhood. She earned scholarship for higher studies not burdening her parents for her masters. She used to do small jobs while studying to support her family. She completed her Civil Engineering successfully grabbing good rankings from universities. Because of her good ranks she was successful to earn a job as architect in one of Construction company.

Chaturvedi family stayed in next building of same society. Both families became friends during society functions and celebrations.

Nikhil was obstructed with Swara's beauty, it was love at first sight for him.  He became her friend over the years. And one day, he confessed his love to his parents who did not wait for even a day and brought alliance talks on table with Mehra family.

Swara was shocked, she knew he had feelings, but he was so serious about their relation came as shock to her. She was on cloud nine as her long-time crush reciprocated to her feelings. Both families accepted the alliance without doing any drama.

There was no chance for Mehra family's rejection, as Nikhil used to work as software development engineer in reputed IT company which had client base in North American and European continents.

"Nikhil, take this your aunt wants to wish you" Nikhil's father Divakar gave his phone.

"Hey Radhika Aunty. How are you how's everything over there?" Swara heard Nikhil's cheerful voice.

"She was going to come but I told her it will be better if she comes for wedding. It would be too much costly for them to come two times from Canada" Sumitra mentioned to Reva about her sister-in-law who was settled in Canada from last 15 years.

Later both families started enjoying feist arranged by Mehra family. Since it was small family function Reva made all food at home such as pulao, Gulabjam, veg cutlets.

Nikhil went out of flat as he got a call and there was so much noise inside house which was filled with very close relatives and friends.

Post dinner everyone started to leave but Nikhil was nowhere to see. Swara changed into casuals and left for terrace. This was their regular spot to meet and talk about day.

"Nikhil where were you? Everyone was looking for you" Swara saw him sitting in one corner. She sat beside him.

"I lost the opportunity once again" Nikhil gritted his teeth; his eyes were filled with tears.

'Ohh god, I hope this is not something related to his dream' Swara gulped keeping her palm on his shoulder.

"Office chose Jayesh for relocation contract" Nikhil bang his hand on wall with frustration.

'I should keep quiet. He is not in mood to talk' Swara was aware about his anger.

"I was the one who was leading all communication with clients... I was the one who was looking into all applications, I was the one who looked into all solutioning of project, but he got the opportunity" Swara kept on hearing him without saying a word.

'I know how much he worked on his ongoing project. Till morning he was so excited as he was sure that his long-lasting dream to move to US would be fulfilled.'

"You know why he got the opportunity because he had US work visa stamped already from his previous company" Nikhil became helpless.

Swara was aware about Nikhil's craze for settling down outside of India. He chose his career in IT, assuming it will increase his chances for relocation.

"Nikhil, that's fine. You will get opportunity. May be brighter with promotion. Just believe on my words. One day your dream will get fulfill" Swara cheered him.

"You don't understand Swara. Forget it." Nikhil was in his worst moods. He knew her reluctance for settling abroad. This was the only one thing where they both were polls apart.

"You can apply back for visa. May be this time it will get approved." Swara had accepted his decision to move abroad post their marriage on the first opportunity they would get.

"It was already rejected two times. It's not that easy to get it."  He shook his head.

"Nikhil even if we don't get it would be fine. We are fine here." Swara tried carefully to make him understand.

"FINE here. Wow! Have you ever seen the way we both are living? We both work 12-13 hours daily and then also we don't get what we should receive" Nikhil replied irritatingly.

"But everyone does the same thing" Swara tried to contradict.

"Yes, but I don't want to live a life like this. I want to have 9-5 job and then time for my family also earning enough to spend life leisurely. Have you seen Gaurav Bhai's lifestyle? They are settled in Canada. Living separately from his parents, having his own car, good job, every year he and Bhabhi goes for 3 weeks of vacations. I also want the same for us." Nikhil compared his life with his cousin.

"But living here also we can have if we both work hard" Swara responded taking deep breath.

"At what age? When we will turn 50+" Nikhil chided with mocked smile. They both shared painful eye lock which was broke by Nikhil. He moved towards terrace door to go back to his home.

"Please Kanhaji, do something to fulfill his wish. Keep your blessings on every one of us" Swara prayed looking at up in starry sky.

Two weeks later, Swara rang bell of Nikhil's flat. It was their routine to go to their offices together on Nikhil's bike.

"Good morning Swara" Sumitra welcomed Swara inside.

"Good morning Aunty" Swara wished back with bright smile.

"Hey, are you not ready yet? We will be late. It's Monday, you know, I have update meeting with team" Swara dropped her shoulders looking at him dressed in house cloths.

"I am not going to office" Nikhil did not stare back in her wide big doe eyes.

"Are you not feeling well son?" Sumitra asked worriedly.

"No just don't feel like to go" Nikhil replied carelessly.

"What do you mean by that? Last week also you took two leaves without any reason and now..." Swara became perplexed.

"Fine. For your kind information. I have resigned from my job." Nikhil dropped the bomb on both.

"What?" Swara could only mumbled whereas his mother became tongue tied.

"Ma, please arrange my breakfast. I have an appointment with travel agent" Nikhil declared ignoring Swara.

"I am getting late for office. Bye aunty. Bye Nikhil" Swara wished and turned to leave.

It was night when Swara went back to terrace to talk to Nikhil.

"I am sorry. I know you are upset" Nikhil held Swara's hand in his.

"You did not even think to talk to me before taking this big decision" Swara shook her head.

"Swara, you know I want to settle abroad. US, Canada, UK anywhere. I just want to go out of this country." Nikhil took a pause and continued, "I talked to the travel agent he said he will make papers ready for applications."

"Nikhil but what about job? Why you resigned?" Swara asked the question which was haunting her from morning.

"First thing, my company was not giving me opportunity to relocate even after working for all my life. Second, I am thinking to do freelancing. I searched a lot; this will bring work for me from reputed companies from abroad plus if they like my work then they can provide me sponsorship for my work permit." Nikhil sounded confident.

"Are you sure Nikhil? You know we have loan on our head for our new home" Swara reminded about the small one BHK flat they had booked in nearby locality a year back.

"Of course," he responded with nod, "Trust me."

"Yes, I trust you" Swara took deep breath, but lines of worriedness were clearly visible on her forehead.

It had been 6 months post Nikhil had left his job and started doing freelancing. He was successful to grab some projects from overseas, but nothing was like a breakthrough. Swara stood with him as his support along with their family. They even postponed their marriage date as requested by Swara and Nikhil.

But now a day's Swara was observing some tension on her parent's face, 'it must be about marriage postponement' thinking this she used to make her parents understand and assure about her future.

She was getting ready to go for office when she received one courier. She opened envelop and terror started engulfing her after reading contents of the paper. She carefully folded that paper and slipped in her purse. She moved out of home after bidding bye to her parents. She straight went towards terrace sending message to Nikhil.

"Nikhil what is this?" Swara showed him the paper when she saw him coming.

"I have asked Uncle, but he did not listen to me" Nikhil shook his head.

"And you did not bother to tell me this?" Swara asked.

"I did not ask him to become a guarantor for the home loan. He only suggested for lower interest rate as he is employee of the bank." Nikhil explained.

"Are you out of your mind? Why did you accept this? Why did you not inform me? This is loan for our home and..." Swara could not believe.

"Listen... it was you who wanted to settle down in India not me... it was you who liked that home not me... it was your father who readily accepted to become guarantor, I did not force him." Nikhil reasoned out.

"Agree. Totally agree. But you should have minimum courtesy to inform me about this." Swara was on the verge of crying. She took a deep sigh while closing her eyes for a moment, "now how are we going to pay this loan. Bank has sent notice to pay dues in next two months. We owe almost 5 lacs to the bank now. Also how are we going to manage our future EMIs?"

"I am going to meet the agent today. He said he had figured out one way to get residency." Nikhil informed.

Swara looked at him in helplessness dropping her shoulders.

"It's useless to talk to you" Swara shook her head and left for her office, but her mind has started its own calculations for repaying debt.

Three days later, Swara went to terrace as she had received message from Nikhil to meet urgently.

"There is one-way Swara, we will get Canadian Residency but ..." Nikhil broached topic.

"Right now, I am just thinking about the loan" Swara crossed her arms. She was frustrated with Nikhil's impulsive and self-centered nature.

"This will help us to repay loan." Swara turned to Nikhil.

"It's like a contract marriage for residency. If one marries foreign Citizen, then he automatically receives residency permit for that country. Agent said there are few people who do this for some money." Nikhil explained in low whisper.

"Are you out of your mind? Do you want to get marry for this? I just don't believe this." Swara was awestruck.

"It's just a contract Swara. No link ups. No expectations. A pure contractual agreement. Stay in this contract till the time residency is approved. That's it" Nikhil tried to convince.

"Contract... Marriage is a contract for you. I never knew you would think like this. Do whatever you want. I am leaving." Swara was frustrated and turned to go.

"This offer is not for me, but for you." Nikhil declared halting Swara in her tracks.

*******************************************

Thanks for loving this story. Let me know how you found this chapter in the form of your votes and comments.

Please feel free to share this story in your message board as suggestive read if you think that they will enjoy this roller coaster ride.

Love
AngelTweet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 2.6K 35
Kaira Mathur (age 25) sweet & simple Indian girl, who lives with her maternal grandmother after her parents died in a car accident when she was 10. F...
6.2K 886 32
\ əˈprɪs.ə.ti \ warmth of the sun breaking through in winter. "Marry?" asked Ranveer. "Last I remember, you refused me to marry me when asked!" Ranv...
610K 31K 32
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...
158K 6.2K 48
It's a love and forced marriage story of an arrogant young man and a cute dreamworld mesmerised girl.He married her forcefully,... Will they fall in...