ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ // ɴᴇᴊɪ...

shazzarra tarafından

(Neji X Reader) Five years ago , their bond was made solely from love . But now ? It's just a empty vow ,tha... Daha Fazla

01 | only you
02 | hold my hand
03 | a little stain
04 | her, from the past
05 | a love worth remembering
06 | the two-faced prince charming
07 | to you
08 | the ugly duckling
09 | the road to somewhere far from here
10 | the devil
11 | loath or love
12 | deliriously
13 | demonic
14 | once upon a time
16 | value
17 | hunting for the devil
18 | perfect
19 | white lies
20 | changing seasons
part two | i will make you suffer
author's note

15 | saviour

114 12 0
shazzarra tarafından

    " N-Neji, is this the place of the event? " (Name) stuttered, her eyes trailing over the humongous hotel that stood in front of her.
It probably could fit people from the entire country, and she wasn't exaggerating. 
    " Yeah. We had to find a suitable venue, as not only the employees will be here, but also partners, investors and merger companies. Ah, the Hokage will be here too, " Neji replied as he linked his arm with (Name)'s. 
     " There's gonna be a lot of people there. I told you that bringing me isn't a good idea! " (Name) protested, wanting to toss away her Manolo Blahnik heels and run away barefooted on the cold asphalt.

   " But I also told you that everything will be fine as long as you're with me. So, don't be afraid, " Neji soothed. " This isn't the MET Gala or anything, but due to popular demands, there is a red carpet and reporters at the entrance. Just smile at the camera, okay? It'll be fine, " he said with a gentle smile.
Swallowing the lump in her throat, (Name) glanced at the reflection on a pocket mirror, and fixed her hair, which was held in a beautiful French braid. She made sure that there were no wrinkles on her dress, and that the accessories that she wore were not out of place.

    " Ready? "

    " Hell yeah."

(Name) and Neji stepped out of the limousine, and immediately, the flashlights of the cameras began to fill her sight.

    " Just smile, (Name), " Neji spoke, but she could barely hear him from the constant click click click sound of the cameras. She closed her eyes for a brief moment, and breathed deeply.
When she re-opened her eyes, those (e/c) orbs flashed with confidence, and she threw elegant smiles at the camera, and the reporters were quick to snap several shots.

    " That was quite a hassle, wasn't it? " Neji asked, a goofy grin plastered on his face. (Name) nodded with a chuckle. " It's not that bad. It made me feel like a celebrity. I could get used to that. "

Neji laughed as he tightened his hold on (Name)'s hand. " Well, there's one more hassle. Do you know Disney's Cinderella, and there's a scene where someone announces your name out loud upon arrival? "

    " Uh-huh."

    " Well, this is somewhat like it. Get ready to be in the spotlight. "

   " Announcing the arrival of Hyuga Neji-sama and (Name)-sama! " the announcer boomed as they strolled inside the hall where the event was being held.
Immediately, almost everyone turned their heads to Neji and (Name)'s direction. 

Neji gave the crowd a curt wave, and (Name) mimicked his actions, her smile still bright and vibrant. Their arms were linked, just like in the olden days, and they descended down the marble staircase gracefully. 

(Name) felt as if she was a princess, and Neji was her prince.
The joy overwhelmed her, and she didn't even hear the unkind murmurs that were spreading across the room. Ignorance, is absolutely blissful. 

   ' Ugh.. What the hell happened last night? ' (Name) thought as she rolled off her bed, her head throbbing painfully. 
She tossed away the thick covers, and strolled outside the room, into the kitchen.

She noticed a small pot on the stove, and a little sticky note was stuck on it.

    ' Reheat before consuming - N. '

Frowning, she took off the lid, and immediately, she was bombarded by a delicious scent of vegetable soup. She turned on the stove and let the soup reheat, and put a batch of rice inside the ricecooker.
As she waited for her meal to be ready, she heard her phone ringing from inside her room.
(Name) sprinted towards her room, and frantically searched for her phone which was hidden by the covers. Finally retrieving her phone, she glanced at the screen, which showed Neji in bold letters. 

     " Hello? " 

     " Are you awake, (Name)? "

She facepalmed from the question.

    " Nah, she's still sleeping. This is the ghost that haunts her apartment. "

    " Hahaha so funny, " Neji replied sarcastically. " By the way, I'm coming to pick you up at nine. You're not fit for driving."

(Name) raised an eyebrow. " Aha excuse me mister. Why wouldn't I be? " 

    " (Name), you fainted last night from one shot of sake. Did you find the soup I made for you in the kitchen? "

    " Yeah. I was just about to eat it, before you called. "

    "  Well then, go on and eat. I'll see you later, " Neji spoke. 

    "  See you later."

(Name) went back to the kitchen, and began to eat her breakfast. Everything was so blissful at the moment, and she felt at peace. 
Too bad that Neji wasn't feeling the same.

    " Neji, the Hayashi clan are demanding that we tie the knot soon. Why can't you just accept Reina as your wife? " Hiashi protested, frustration building up within him. 

   " I will get married, but not with that girl! " Neji argued bitterly, his respect towards Hiashi fading away with each passing second.

   " You refused all the other suitable candidates, and we promised the Hayashi clan that we'll merge our clans together through your marriage with Reina! " 

   " It is you who made that promise, and you never had my consent from the very start!  you cannot force me to marry that girl! She's self centred, pampered and ignorant. Neither of us will be happy with the marriage. "

Hiashi scowled, his hands held into a tight fist.
    " She looks forward to marry you, Neji. The Hayashi clan are already making preparations for the wedding! "

Neji ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. " Then tell them to cancel it! I was against this from the very start, yet you were so eager to merge the clans together! "

Hiashi frowned as he observed Neji's composure. He was hiding something for sure. He was rejecting it because of some reason. 

    " It's because of that (Surname) girl, isn't it? I told you to get rid of her two years ago! Why are you so insolent?! "

Neji rolled his eyes, while a smirk formed on his lips.
    " I will not get rid of her! She will stay with me, Uncle, and you have no right to change that! " 

     " You're making the same mistake your father did. Marrying a lowly woman. I suppose it runs in your blood, " Hiashi taunted. 

    " I'd like to say the same about your prejudice ways, but your daughters aren't that way. It's just you, " Neji replied venomously. 

   " I'm trying to help you Neji! There's no benefit from marrying that girl! She'll only be a burden and weigh you down! " 

   " Well, I don't want your help. And about the Hayashi clan, you finish what you began, " Neji huffed.
He stepped out of the threshold of the clan compound, and entered his car. A sigh escaped his lips as he groaned in frustration. 

His freedom, his life - everything - will be taken away the moment he agrees to marry Reina Hayashi. That moment, he would become a puppet, working for the longevity of the two clans, and silently suffer alone. 
He would be controlled by his wife, and his purpose to live would soon fade.

It terrified him.

Suddenly, his phone beeped, indicating a new message received. 

From : (Name) 
Are you picking me up or not? If you're caught up in something, I'll just drive to work.

    " (Name)," he murmured subconsciously. A smirk appeared on his face as an idea flashed in his mind. " They can't force me to marry her if I'm  already married to another, can they? "

 ♤

   " Neji-nii!  (Name)-chan!" Hinata beamed, calling over the duo to one of the tables near the stage.
(Name) gave her a curt smile, and then she noticed a blonde haired man by her side. 
   " (Name), this is my husband, Naruto, " Hinata introduced. 
Naruto was quite a handsome young man, with golden blonde locks, cerulean blue eyes and sun kissed skin, but he wasn't quite (Name)'s type. 
     " (Name)-chan! It's great to see you! " he greeted. She could see that he was surprised that she was here, but then again, everyone was.
    " Ah, it's great to see you too, " (Name) replied awkwardly, the blinding smile he had on was exuding too much sunshine. 

    " Oi! Neji! " 

Upon hearing that voice, Neji visibly blanched. " There he is, Tenten! Oh look he's being shy! "

(Name) noticed her husband's odd demeanour, especially the ' I'm doomed ' expression on his face.
She peered over to the direction he was looking at, and frowned.

There was an odd couple, waving over at them. The girl was pretty, with waist length dark brown hair, brown eyes, and was wearing an elegant pink modern kimono with cherry blossom patterns.
But for the guy, it made (Name) want to facepalm a thousand times.
His hair was in a bowl cut, and he had questionably thick eyebrows. And his choice of clothing was not any better either. He wore a dark green tuxedo, along with chunky yellow boots, and the red scarf adorning his neck did not help by all means.
But to be fair, he was rather nicely built , with muscles bulging from his tuxedo. 

    " Lee, Tenten," Neji greeted coolly. 

    " Wow, three years passed and you look like a grandpa, " Tenten teased, and Rock Lee followed suit.
     " You're very unyouthful! Ah, did you get the awesome spandex jumpsuits that I sent you last Christmas? "

    ' Who sends spandex jumpsuits for Christmas? ' (Name) sweatdropped.

    " Eh, is that you (Name)-chan? " Tenten suddenly said, averting their attention to the (h/c) haired girl.
(Name) could barely say a word before Tenten violently hugged her. 
      " I heard about what happened. I'm sorry I couldn't have came to see you earlier, " she said.
(Name) simply stood still there, having no idea of what she was supposed to do.
Tenten withdrew her hug, and gave her a warm smile.

    " I'm Tenten Lee, and that's Rock Lee, my husband. We're Neji's classmates since preschool, " she said excitedly. 

     " I'm (Name) (Sur)-, I mean (Name) Hyuga. You two must know him pretty well, don't you? " 

     " We sure do!  I know everything about you, Neji. He might look like a reserved person, but there's more than meets the eye, " Rock Lee smirked mischievously, making Neji's expression darken. (Name), on the other hand, was intrigued.

     " Everything ? " she inquired. 

     " Everything, " Lee grinned. 

Seeing the expression full of mischief on their faces, Neji immediately butted in.
      " You two should go and get a seat. This place will be packed soon. "

As Lee and Tenten rushed to the empty tables, (Name) continued to bug Neji about the supposed ' everything ' that Lee knew.

    " Hmm.. Were you a pervert? " she blurted,  causing the people around them to turn their heads.
    " God, no, " he almost choked. They were at the refreshment table, and (Name) picked up a glass of fruit punch. 
Sipping at the drink, she asked another question. 
     " Were you a player? " 

Neji froze, almost dropping his flute of champagne. 
      " What sort of question is that? Of course not, " he laughed, hoping that (Name) would drop the question. 

Thankfully, she did.

    " Well, it's fine as long as you're not a pervert or a player. I'll whip your ass if you ever do something like that! " she threatened playfully. 

Neji flicked her forehead before he downed the champagne. 

     " Ah, what do we have here? " a sickly sweet voice said, making both (Name) and Neji turn their heads around. 

After the huge drama and conflict that occurred after they broke their engagement, Neji most certainly didn't expect to see her there of all people.

Reina Hayashi.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

110K 4.1K 33
[A/N] UNEDITED!!!! bad grammar, punctuation, etc. I wrote this a really long time ago so please don't be harsh --- The usual Konaha gang had just gra...
4.2K 138 101
Naruto and Hinata felled in love after so many attempts and roller coaster ride...But it wasn't enough when that one incident breaks their life....an...
142K 4.1K 45
You are one of the survivors of the Uchiha clan and had activated your Mangekyou Sharingan at a young age. You fall in love with Neji Hyuga but comin...
50.1K 1.4K 14
After being rejected after so many times just by one person. He changed a lot. His pupose in life, gone. Maybe emotionless but yet he still cared for...