Beneath The Shadows (BXB)

By Ashe_frost

Liam Claremont studies at day and works in a bar at night, to help his single mother sustain their family. As... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Hiatus
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Proof of Life
Proof of life (2)
Chapter 67

Chapter 31

36.4K 2K 455
By Ashe_frost

Ryder's POV

Liam was out of it the whole morning. After Ian left, he was staring into space before he started crying. I couldn't console him because he looked at me like I killed his pet.

His gaze was enough to send me to hell. I couldn't stay any longer because I was already late, and he said that he wants to spend time with his family.

I didn't know why he was angry at me. This feeling of anxiety is not something I want to feel, so I wanted to read his mind. I didn't make it a habit to invade his thoughts, but I had to do it that time.

"Don't you even dare." He pointed an accusing finger at me like he knows what I'm about to do.

"I wasn't doing anything." I answered innocently and shook my head. My reply was enough to make him explode and I thought smoke would come out of his ears.

"You- You- dogpoop!" He screamed at me before storming towards the door and banging it shut. I looked at the ground before my body began to tremble with laughter.

Dogpoop? Fuck, he was really cute.

*Whistle*

"Move! Move your fucking asses!" Kayne's profanities can be heard from a mile away. When I arrived, he was already starting training.

"Hey." I nodded and gave him a bro hug that he returned. There was a devilish glint in his eyes that made me groan early in the morning.

"I'm very curious to know the reason why you're late for the first time." He tried to hide his grin but I already saw it. I sighed and rubbed my forehead before I turned my attention to the Legion.

"I overslept." Shit. The excuse sounded so dumb even to my ears. We don't sleep much. We only rest when we're injured. I closed my eyes and mouthed a curse.

"Hhhmm, really?" He was mocking me. The asshole.

I cleared my throat and crossed my arms over my chest, ignoring the laughter on his voice.

"Have you seen Liam? He wasn't in his room this morning. I remember bumping into him last night." He asked innocently and cupped his chin, trying to look as if deep in thought.

"Uuhh, yeah. I passed by him on my way here." I shifted my feet and I could hear his snort because of the awkwardness in my voice.

"How was he?"

"Good."

"Was he sore?"

"No."

"How did you know?"

"N-No."

"Did you do it last night?"

"Fuck you."

He cackled and began laughing so hard that he bent over. The Legion noticed and I sent them a death glare which made them ignore Kayne's hysterics.

"We didn't do it last night, you bastard. Besides, how did you know he was in my room?" I asked him but he was on the ground, holding his stomach as he died out of laughter.

"He- He-" He couldn't stop laughing so I kicked him in the gut. He choked and coughed but I ignored him as I inserted my hands on my pocket.

"It was midnight and he said he was on his way to your room to exercise! You two really suit each other. You both suck at lying." He gave me a dirty look and got up from the ground before dusting his knees.

"So, did you at least get some action last night?" He wiggled his brows and did vulgar gestures with his fingers. I rubbed my face with my hands as I sighed.

"Just drop it." I told him and he began laughing again. After some time, he finally stopped laughing and sighed before wearing a serious expression.

"The bloodroom told me that you've been taking more animal blood than usual." I turned rigid at what he just mentioned. I looked at him from the corner of my eye and expressed my displeasure.

"I'm handling it." I spoke coldly. Too coldly than normal. I was more thirsty and more hungry ever since I drank from Liam. I needed more than the amount I usually drank and sometimes I would go hunt when I needed something alive and warm.

Though everything tasted bland.

"I don't want to fight. I'm just saying, you should go ask-"

"Let's just focus on this." I didn't let him finish because I already knew what he was going to say. He looked at me for a couple of moments, contemplating whether he should drop it or not.

He sighed in defeat and proceeded to do what I just said. Training lasted longer because there were some new recruits among them who just arrived this morning.

I was on my way to the north wing of the Palace to check up on things when I heard Dragon barking from a distance.

"Dragon." I called and whistled as I neared him and saw that he was barking at someone.

"What's wrong boy?" I petted his head and looked at one of the Legion who's been here for a time now. I frowned, and wondered why Dragon would bark at him suddenly.

"Commander. I think he's upset." Dave placed his fist over his chest before pointing out the matter. I nodded my head and he stood at ease.

"Yes, it seems to be the case." I drawled and observed him as I stood up from my crouching position.

"Well, you may go now. I apologize for Dragon's misbehavior." I offered him a hand which he looked at somewhat warily before he smiled. I looked at him in the eyes and scanned his memories before letting him go.

Once he passed by us, Dragon wouldn't stop barking and I smirked, knowing the reason why.

"You forgot something." I called out, and when he turned around, I already had a knife pressed at his throat.

"Dave had a mole under his chin."

****

Liam's POV

After I spent time with my family this morning and afternoon, I was able to take my mind of the traumatizing encounter with Dr. Brookes.

I was on the stone white gazebo filled with glass panels, looking out at the mountain from a high vintage point.

There was no denying that it was beautiful here, but I wanted to do something with my hands. I was the type of person who couldn't sit still and not be bored. I kept contact with Matt and Eliza, and told them that my whole family went on a vacation.

I missed working. Even though that's kind of weird. Going to the university is the least of my worries. I could just say I got into an accident and handle the papers.

I sighed and decided that I needed to move. I somewhat memorized my way around since we've been staying here for a while now. I was actually surprised that there were no areas I'm not allowed. Raegan told me that I could go wherever I wished as long as it's in palace grounds.

There was a time that I asked Raegan if there was something to do in the castle. He mistook my kind gesture as boredom and he immediately called his secretary, saying,

"Set up an entertainment room by the end of the day. Find a good place to put it up and make sure that everything Liam needs is in there."

Thankfully, I was able to talk him out of it after a huge amount of convincing. He settled after I told him that I wanted to try my hand at making sweets and instantly on that day, a whole pantry and a brand new kitchen was built up.

Really, he spoils me too much.

I was currently in my own kitchen, baking some cookies now that I had my family with me to try it out. I thought that I burned the building when an alarm sounded.

"Your highness, we need to go." My guard, Chris, called out all of a sudden and I looked around to see if he was talking to someone.

I did a double take and I pointed a finger at myself to see if he was pertaining to me. He nodded and his stance was alert, while looking back at the door.

"B-But my cookies." I pointed to my cookies that were in the oven.

"Your highness..." He seemed so done with me.

"The Castle has been infiltrated." My eyes went wide and I immediately ran to him.

"Why didn't you say so earlier?!" He shook his head and I thought I saw a smile on his face as we exited the kitchen.

He kept me close to his back and covered me with an arm as we walked the halls. I touched my ring and promised myself that I would only use it if the worst case scenario happens.

My family and I were staying at the northeast wing, close to Raegan's residence, so I was slightly relieved because there were many guards.

The one I was fearing for was Ryder. It hasn't been an entire day that we became lovers so I didn't want anything bad happening to him.

We were about to cross the man made bridge that led to the other part of the Castle when I saw a glimpse of him. Ryder was dragging 2 men by their heads and some part of him was covered in blood.

I gasped and wanted to run to him but Chris grabbed my arm and prevented me from doing so.

"What are you doing?! Let me go!" I struggled and kept on pushing and pulling at his arm. He looked at me with a stoic face and I kicked him in the shin which made him jump.

Oh no.

"I-I'm sorry! It's because you keep on grabbing m- Aaahhh!!" I screamed when he grabbed me by the waist and carried me on one arm like a sack of rice.

"Put me down!" I flayed around and kept on kicking. My upper and lower body dangled in the air and I gave up on resisting because of exhaustion.

"I'm going to tell Raegan that you're manhandling me! You'll see, he-"

"Yes, yes, your Highness. Now please-"

"Behind you!" I shouted when I saw someone that looked very suspicious was approaching us. He was wearing a different clothing and he held a knife in his hand.

Chris immediately turned and I yelped when he let go of me. The vampire sprinted towards us and I screamed when I thought that he would touch me, but then he got knocked back because there was something like a force field separating us from him.

"Go, your highness. I'll be right behind you." Chris faced the vampire as he said this to me, and I nodded my head before running towards the other end of the bridge.

I could feel the force field enclosing us as I ran and the vampire kept hissing at us because he couldn't get inside.

We finally made it out of the bridge and I looked at Chris to ask which direction I should go.

"We should proceed to-"

A sudden wave of dizziness hit my head and I dropped to the ground. I winced and saw another vampire hitting the force field around us with only a fist. It looks like he had a strong punch because the force field started to crack.

"Fuck!" Chris cursed and I could see that he was struggling to hold the barrier. I was getting more and more scared because of the fact that no one was hearing us or coming to help us.

"The bastard can hide our presence." He was sending death glares to the vampire who chased after us. His words were proven to be true when some of the Legion scouted the area but didn't see us.

I screamed at them for help but they didn't hear it. It was like we were invisible.

The force field gave in and they attacked us at the same time. Chris grabbed me when the other vampire lunged for me and he pushed me far away from him when the vampire with the strong punch hit the air and it vibrated as it slammed against Chris' body. He went flying backwards and hit the wall with a sickening crack.

"Chris!" I shouted and ran to him. He coughed up blood and groaned but he still kept me behind his back when the two vampires approached.

"I'm sorry *cough*, your highness. You should run!" He apologized and tears welled up in my eyes as I shook my head. He shouldn't be apologizing. He risked his life to protect me.

I used the ring and pricked my thumb to draw blood to use my gift. Chris immediately covered his nose when I heard the click of his fangs.

The nostrils of our enemies flared in response to the smell and I exhaled a ragged breath to calm my heart.

"Stop." I directed a command but they still kept coming closer. It excited them even more and their eyes turned red.

"Stop!" I shouted this time but it still didn't work. I was trembling by this time and I suddenly remembered Raegan's words.

"You need to have a clear mind. Your will needs to be stronger than your fear."

I closed my eyes to try again and when I opened them, the vampire with the strong punch was already in front of me. My breath got stuck in my throat and I couldn't move as he reached a hand to my face. I called out to the first person on my mind.

Ryder...

My back was suddenly pressed against a hard chest and a familiar hand was gripping the wrist of my attacker. A low and deadly voice sounded from the man hugging my body as he spoke.

"Don't fucking touch him."

A/N: I wish I can live inside my own books😩🥺 I mean.... Right?😳 Don't forget to vote!!! Or else I'll be angry 😆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

826K 37.1K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...
180K 5.5K 35
Struggling to pay off his debt, Max makes money through livestreams as a fem boy. What happens when he meets one of his biggest fans in real life? #1...
379K 11.9K 23
Liam Green, an alpha with a secret who's ready to give up on the idea of finding his mate after 6 years of searching. Finely Floyd, a grade A asshol...
1.7M 115K 39
*COMPLETED* (27.12.2020) "What about you?" Parker asked. "I don't think I'm capable of love," I answered. "Did you get your heart broken?" He smirke...