|| Distance Between Hearts ||

By Mamree

#Standalone... Two Childhood Friends and their journey towards love.. The Journey of finding each other.. A c... More

Disclaimer
Story Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1 : Arrogant Boy & Monkey Girl
Chapter 2 : Reality or Fairy Tale
Chapter 3 : Cute Apology
Chapter 4 : Memorable Day out
Chapter 5 : Heartbreak & Healing
Chapter 6 : Promise To First Kiss
Chapter 7 : Unexpected Turn
Chapter 8 : New Found Bond
Chapter 9 : A New Beginning
Chapter 10 : Down Memory Lane
Chapter 12 : Chocolates and Cuddling
Chapter 13 : Changing Life ~1
Chapter 14 : Changing Life 2
~ Character Sketch ~
Chapter 15 : Anything For Love
Chapter 16 ~ Our Story ~
Chapter 17 : Innocent Dream
Chapter 18 : Whispers of Hearts
Chapter 19: My Solace
Chapter 20 : Unexpected Turns of Events
Chapter 21: Challenges
Chapter 22: Upside Down
Chapter 23: Life is Not a Bed of Roses
Chapter 24 : Together We can Win
Chapter 25: Distance Between Hearts
Chapter 26: Mon Amour
Chapter 27 : Life Goes On
Chapter 28 : Disappointment

Chapter 11 : Hold My Hands

2K 340 217
By Mamree

**********

Not Proof read... Ignore the mistakes

**********

Chapter 11 : Hold My Hands

Khushi's House .....

Kolkata....

Late Afternoon...

3 years Later....

Khushi re read the email of Arnav and then started to reply..

" Hello Arrogant Boy..

Who told you to give up on your dreams, your painting and photography? It's just that you have to put more efforts, a little more efforts... fulfilling Aunty's dream is your responsibility and living your dream is your desire... Don't kill your desire for your responsibility..instead imagine the headline of news paper few years after.. " India's most successful business tycoon got rewarded with prestigious most talented Painter of the year or may be best photographer of the year..."

Dream is the way which makes us alive.. Which is our hope... so don't ever think to give up on your dream Allav... Hold onto your dream, it will give you the motivation to live...

Well, I don't have much to say about me.. as usual the same life.. and regarding, " Boy-friend".. No there is no chance as last time the way you scared Vivan in the Bidhan nagar mela, that had spread to all over our school and locality... everyone knew, I am some scary substance... and I thank you for that.. I am much interested to focus on my studies, my singing and other stuff, no need for other entertainment...

Lastly, about Sneha's proposal.. I really don't understand why you asked about my opinion... It's not my place to decide... You are the one who will decide and choose...Whatever your hearts want...

I will try to come Delhi in Puja Vacation... But can not promise... I have a cultural program here too...

Anyways, take care Allav...Take your medicines on time..

Wish to meet soon..

Your Monkey Girl

Khushi"

Khushi read and re-read the email and press the send button with a smile.. She is feeling a mixed emotions, as a friend she is happy if Arnav feels comfort in Sneha's presence, may be he consider her more than friend.. Khushi thought with a sad smile.. Since last 3 years, she has got a grip on her emotions, her emotions which was all over Arnav.. But now she has learnt to share...She will always cherish her relationship with Arnav as a friend, and she is determined not to ever give an idea to Arnav regarding that soft corner of her heart, which craves some more other than friendship, which selfishly demands Arnav's attention all the time..

Taking a deep breath Khushi focused on her other emails and soon she got busy with her works...

************

R.C Mansion...

Delhi...

Another 5 months Later....

Night at Terrace...

It's been 4 days that Khushi and Piya had come to R.C Mansion along with the Basu and Dasgupta's.. This year, they all planned to celebrate Puja Vacation here in Delhi...

Khushi was actually forced to come few days earlier to attend Jayati and Nik's drama, then there is Arnav's basket ball match but most importantly there is Bhaidoj, and she wants to spend with Shyamal... at the 2nd day of Khushi's arrival in Delhi, she had visited Shyamal and his mother, along with Avantika and surprisingly Arnav too...

Khushi can well connect her emotions with Shyamal as she herself had lost her parent.. Khushi was amazed to see Shyamal's maturity and Shyamal's mother's composure, specially the way she had talked with Avantika who is surely drown in guilt till now...

Another major observation Khushi did in this time is, Arnav's behavior towards Shyamal... the adoration, admiration and a silent appreciation in Arnav's eyes when he converse with Shyamal made Khushi very happy.. At least Arnav still has the golden heart and sharp eyes intact, irrespective of his mother's constant insistent... Money and power still not polluted Arnav's heart...

The young gang are chatting anonymously in the gathering at terrace...Today was the drama date and the drama " Romeo and Juliet" went very well.

" Nik... I still can not imagine, you did so well.." Piya said smiling to NIK..

" He is always good in his work, it's that we ignore him.." Khushi said while ruffling Nik's hair who had a dreamy smile on his face while he is constantly looking at the photograph which was taken during the drama.. " His and Jayati's"

Khushi looked at her friend, her good friend NIK... The admiration, the smile and the contentment which is flashing over his face says it all.. Nik loves Jayati..

" Nik... don't you think, you should talk to her?" Khushi whispered slowly.. Though Aditya and Piya are talking with each other sitting at a corner completely involve in their world.. Arnav was busy discussing regarding his basket ball match final with Amar which will be held on tomorrow...

"Khush.. I am scare.. I.. I like Jayati very much.. She is so nice by heart, she is so well mannered and so beautiful..Her dimple, I like her so very much.. But I am scare, if I say that I like her, may be she will get angry and stop talking with me, I can not risk that.." Nik said slowly which Khushi nodded her head..

"But what if she also likes you then?"Khushi asked while Nik frown..

" Why she will like me? There are so many smart boys in our class, and I am ... like your best friend HULK said, I am an idiot.. Neither I am good at studies like Aditya Bhai, nor I am smart and dashing like Nannav... we are cousins but they are so better than me.." Nik said while sadness depicting in his voice..

" Nik.. First look at me..." Khushi forced Nik to look at her and then Khushi whispered, " You have a golden heart which is filled with kindness, it is so rare Nik... remember our first meet, you extended your hands towards an orphan little girl who was total stranger to you.. It requires lots of strength.. You have always thought about others before your own need.. You are a good human being Nik and you know we all are very proud of you..." Khushi said smiling..

Nik smiled but said, " Khush, I feel Jayati is too good.. She will never choose me specially when she will grow up and will expose to bigger world.."

Khushi smiled and said, " Why are you taking decision on behalf of Jayati? Let her decide you are best for her or not? But you should prepare yourself that if Jayati not accept you, then you will not manipulate her decision, she is your friend and she will be always, it's not necessary that she will feel the same for you.. But it also not right to abandon or break the friendship on mere assumption.."

Nik looked at Khushi for a while and then said, " Thank you... and Khushi, now I understood your change behavior... You too have adopted this behavior, right?"

Khushi could not say thing but the silence said it all..

Before Nik and Khushi could converse anymore, Arnav came and drag Khushi with him to the poolside..

************

Poolside...

Few moments later...

Arnav looked at Khushi who was frowning as if asking him about his behavior..

Arnav cleared his throat and said, " Well, I was calling you for four times but you were so engross talking with that idiot, I did not have any other options.."

" First of all Arnav, he is not an idiot, he has a name.. He is my friend, I was talking with him.. You too were talking with Amar, right? Then?" Khushi asked in a serious voice which made Arnav surprise..

" I was talking with Amar regarding basket ball match.. That is important.. Not like you, gossiping.." Arnav said in an irritated tone..

"Gossip or what.. That is my choice and for me that was important.. So, don't always impose your decision on me.. I am a human being and I can make my choices.." Khushi said and Arnav became silent...

There was a pin drop silence spread between them.. None of them spoke anything... Then both broke the awkward silence in unison..

" Sorry.."

" Sorry"....

Arnav and Khushi looked at each other and then laughed aloud..

" Well Khushi... I was just trying to tell you that tomorrow is a very big day for me.. I just want to win... and I am confident that I will win, because you are here to cheer up for me.." Arnav said smiling..

" I know... You are born to win.." Khushi said and then the two friends converse about many more things.

*********

Next day ...

R.R.Birla Stadium...

Noon....

The crowd was cheering for their own school group... That was the final match between K.V Delhi and Saint Thomas Delhi.. For the last two years it was Saint Thomas school was the winner.. this is the year for them to strike a hattric....and the situation for their school is like do or die... On the other hand, K.V. Delhi had first time playing in final and they are playing with their everything.. Arnav being the captain is playing like a tiger... Till the interval both the team had scored equal but just after interval the Saint Thomas taken a lead... now only few minutes are left...

That very moment Amar scored a basket and now both the team are equal.. It was only 5 minutes left for the match to finish... The audience was getting berserk..

Khushi was nervously praying to her Devi Maiyaa for her Allav... From the family, it was the youngsters all has come to watch the match... and Arun has come from Kolkata to attend it... surprisingly Reshmi did not come to cheer up her son because she felt her Kitty party was a little too important than Arnav's school match.. Though Arnav still did not know that his mother is absent in the auditorium irrespective of her numerous promises...

The temperature of the auditorium was increasing with the last minutes nail to nail fight between the two teams and just before 38 second to finish the match, Arnav scored a basket...

There was a pin drop silence just after the basket and after few minutes there was a loud roared across the whole auditorium... K.V.Delhi finally beat the last two years champion and everyone is cheering for Captain and Vice Captain Arnav and Amar.

Arun had a proud feeling looking at his son.. Aditya, Piya, Nik, Avantika all were cheering for Arnav .. Khushi was very happy.. They all went towards the dressing room where the teams are celebrating their victory...after waiting for few moment, Arnav came out and was surprised to see his father there..

" Dad, you came? When?" Arnav asked smiling..

" Today morning... I am so proud of you Arnav.. Not because you just own the match but the way you played.. Your never ending attitude of giving up.." Arvind said thumping his son's shoulder in encouragement..

Arnav looked at everyone around and then asked, " where is mom?"

And there was silence, none of them said a single word... Arun finally broke the silence and said, " your mother is planning a big party for your victory.."

Arnav makes an eye contact with his father and smiled sadly.. He felt happy that his father still loves his mother so much that he is covering up for her and simultaneously he is feeling sad that his mother never valued the true love of his father... Arnav now easily figured out about his parents estrange relationship.. He is after all not stupid, he is very intelligent as per his age..

Nodding his head he finally bid bye to his mates and walk towards the car along with his cousins, father and Khushi.. But he felt heaviness in his heart realizing that his mother chooses her kitty party over his important match...

************

Evening...

R.C Mansion...

Living Room...

Roy Chowdhury mansion living room was illuminate with bright light and bursting music.. Elite from Delhi has came to join the very private celebration hosted by Reshmi Roy chowdhury for her son Arnav's victory.. Though Arnav protested initially with the idea of celebration, infact his mother's absence in the match somewhere made him disappointed.. and today, when Reshmi threw the party, Arnav feels like it's all about showing off.. but at the last moment he had to agree for Reshmi's insistence and mainly for Arun's advise..

"Your mother has already organized the party, don't make her awkward by denying about the party.. I know you are disappointed with your mother behavior earlier in the stadium, but don't behave like her.. You are sensitive enough... Be present in the party and definitely with a smiling face..."

Arun's those words once again made Arnav realize that how much Arun loves Reshmi and how much Reshmi is unlucky to lose this love, but above all how much he and Avantika have suffered due to Reshmi's stubbornness...

Today, to respect his father's words, Arnav got ready to attend the party in his tuxedo... He was standing in front of the mirror and looking at his own reflection... a young adolescence with good look, a powerful background but who is he? What is his identity? Arnav stood still for few moment.. Whenever this thought come across his mind, he feels so suffocated... Today after this grand victory, it was supposed to be a happy day for him but he is feeling caged...

Few moments later when Arnav came down in the living room in the party hall, the party was in full swing.. Reshmi's eyes fell on Arnav and she just drag him towards the center.. Reshmi started to praise her son and flaunted him in front of everyone close to her, Arnav felt as if he is a show piece, his mother to proudly showing him off.. Arnav still tried to control his temper and irritation but when Reshmi told him to accompany Mr Rathod Daughter, Arnav lost his cool..

" Maa, I want to talk with you.. please come here.." Arnav said Reshmi who accomplish her son's wish immediately not really understanding what he is going to say, but the moment the mother son due, went at a private corner, Arnav's words froze Reshmi,

" Maa... I don't want to accompany Mr Rathod Daughter.. You can orient her if you want but I can not.. My friends are here, I want to spend my time with them..." Arnav said in a compose voice..

" Your friend? That means that Khushi? Because your school friends have not come as they all are celebrating in their own house separately and Mr and Mrs Kayal are not in the city.. So, my dear Sneha baby is also not here... That means you want to ignore Mr Rathod Daughter for the down market Khushi?" Reshmi said while gritting her teeth..

Arnav chuckle a little and asked, " Maa.. I am your son.. Why you always treat me like your bet? Am I a trophy to you? I am not a robot, I am human beings and I too have some right to select my friends.. and maa, if you considered Khushi as a down market girl just because she is orphan and poor economically, then sorry to say maa, but few years before papa's business also fall down, we also became poor, because of the sudden back stabbing of Dasgupta's business partner.. that means you also were a down market woman? You and papa got divorce on that time, is it because he became less rich and you can not live without luxury ?" the words came out from Arnav's mouth in extreme frustration but the moment those words came out Reshmi froze in her place and Arnav regretted his words..

" Maa.. I am.. I.. am sorry.." Arnav said and was about to go towards Reshmi but she just holds her hand up indicating Arnav to stay away..

" I want to be alone Arnav.. You go.. back to the party and you can mix up with whoever you want.." Reshmi said and Arnav nodded his head vehemently and was not ready to leave his mother there but a voice from behind stop him,

" Arnav go back to the party... I am here with your mother..." Arun said in a composed tone.. though his words was towards Arnav but his eyes were on Reshmi.. Arun could easily sense how much Reshmi is hurt today, because of Arnav's behavior.. Who is right or who is wrong is not the matter to judge at present, but all Arun wanted to comfort Reshmi at this moment.. Because he knew his ex wife needs him right now...

Arnav once again looked at his father and watching Arun going towards his mother, he finally turn back towards the party..

Suddenly he felt cheerful... though he had hurt his mother but may be this turn a new page in his parent's life...

Or maybe his life as well..

***********

The party...

Living room...

Arnav was about to go towards his cousins and few other family friends but his eyes landed on the Girl in yellow floral salwar standing near a pillar...

Arnav observed her keenly, Khushi was looking a bit tense and uncomfortable, his eyes caught Khushi's and Arnav smiled but soon his smile wipe away ... Khushi was having tears in her eyes.. Did someone hurt her... Without wasting any more moment, Arnav took long stride and soon he was in front of Khushi...

" Khush... why are you standing here? All your friends and others are at party enjoying.. Jayati and Nik was searching for you... Are you crying Khushi? What's the matter? Did anyone hurt you?" Arnav asked while wiping Khushi's tears which roll down from her eyes...

" You are scaring me.. what happened?? Tell me Precious.." Arnav said coming more close to Khushi who had her back plastered into the pillar...

" Allav... I... Don't... know... I ..it's paining a lot... I can not tolerate anymore..." Khushi said hiccupping... Arnav frown a little and then suddenly his eyes landed on an area of Khushi's dress..

A red spot on the yellow dress and there are few more..

A ...RED.... SPOT....

Arnav snapped his eyes to Khushi as realization dawn upon him... He is in class eighth standard and he understood what happened to Khushi..

Quickly Arnav open his coat, and covered Khushi and hold her shivering hands in his, " Hold my hand Precious... Everything will be alright.. I will take you to dadi and Nani... come with me..."

Slowly, Arnav took Khushi from the hall and walks towards his dadi's room...For the first time, Arnav felt a sense of RESPONSIBILITY and a new kind of PROTECTIVENESS for his PRECIOUS....

To be contd...

**********

Author Notes:

Thank you all for your motivating words in last chapter...It means a lot..

I am just trying to show the transitional phases of life, of two childhood friends... how their journey goes ahead.. Many readers had commented that this story is in slow paced.. I agree, but I have planned the story in this way, its about two childhood friends, their growing up and their emotional journey..

Hope this chapter is okay...

Take care.... Be safe..

Your story teller

Love,

Mamree

21.06.2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 2.8K 13
Its the story about the couple fighting with their fate. one to be together and the other one who wants to go away. peep in to know more
67.3K 2.5K 22
From childhood to adulthood. Childhood friendship is the most beautiful memory that can't ever be replaced. Join me on the journey with our ever-gr...
13.8K 777 18
Pain is what every one says everyone has experienced also but pain of a girl who doesn't know what is love from her childhood what happens when she...
6.7K 472 16
This standalone story follows the journey of two morons - Arnav and Khushi as they navigate from childhood best friends to husband & wife.