The Alpha's Mate Reads Too Ma...

Autorstwa Avaleon

Alyssa is a werewolf. Abandoned as an infant, all she knows about her own kind is what she's gained through h... Więcej

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10

Part 9

2.7K 240 29
Autorstwa Avaleon

Alyssa had never been in a fight before. At least not with other wolves.

Don't worry, I got this. Her wolf took over and leapt at the nearest attacker. Gary and Bridget were to either side of her, their much larger wolves defending her flank.

"There's a lot of them, but I think we've got control." Gary communicated calmly, his frantic attacks never slowing.

"They seem disorganized. " Bridgett's silent voice conveyed her disapproval. "Did they come here just to die?"

As her wolf continued to fight, leaping nimbly in between the snarling wolves, Alyssa studied her surroundings.

This is too easy. They're injured... starving... what have they been doing in their territory?

Her wolf had no sympathy. Bad alphas make bad packs.

She looked around in the chaos. Everywhere she looked wolves were snapping at each other. Blood stained the cold ground, being trampled into the dirt, churning it into mud. Howls and whines of pain filled the air.

"I don't see him." She communicated to the other pack members.

"Who"? Gary trampled his enemy into the mud, his jaw locking on the throat of the other wolf. "Lewis?"

"No. Benjamin. I don't sense an Alpha in this group. Shouldn't he be larger or stronger than the rest? Where is he?"

"Maybe the Southern Sector? An Alpha fight?"

"No." Alyssa's mind was racing. "He doesn't seem like the type to respect Lewis enough to fight him head on. 64% of the stories show the villain attempting some sort of sneak attack. The South Sector was a distraction... and so is this. They sent their weaker, injured members to fight us."

That means....

She took off for the main house.

Alyssa! Bridgett called out. Where are you going?

To where the real fight is.

She crashed into the house, skidding to a halt at the sight of Lewis and his mother.

No... it's not Lewis.Their faces were very similar, but everything else was wrong: his scent, his expression, his posture.

He smells dangerous... aggressive... Her wolf complained. He's everything our mate isn't.

I don't like him.

Me either... he's scary.

We should be careful.

She kept a defensive posture, her hackles raised, her teeth bared.

Benjamin looked down at her with a mocking smile. "Ah. The princess is finally here!"

His mother glared at him, holding a gun in her hand. To Alyssa's shock there were already two large wolf bodies on the floor, cooling blood spilling from multiple bullet wounds. "Don't you look at her, Ben! You came here for me."

"It's Nightfang now, Mother." Ben laughed. "And you can't tell me what to do. Not anymore. You lost that right when you betrayed me to side with my weak brother."

Alyssa advanced closer.

"Oh don't give her that crap, Benjamin. You might pretend to be mysterious and evil but you're just pathetic. You aren't Nightfang, or Eveningclaw or even Morning-freaking-wood. You are Ben. A bitter little boy who is mad at his mommy and daddy for giving the pack to your brother." She kept her gaze on his, and his green eyes had trouble continuing to look into her own. "Never understanding why they made the choice, even though it's obvious to anyone else."

"Oh really?"

"I've only known you for a single minute and I wouldn't trust you to be in charge of a self-cleaning litter box, much less actual people's lives. "

"Well, well, Princess. That's just needlessly cruel. Trying to rile me up? Distract me?" He shook his head sadly. "That only works in stories. It's true that I'm very disappointed in my parents' choice. They thought I was too violent to lead. That I didn't care enough about the pack. But I did. I'm the only one who does."

"Sure." She circled around, spotting one of her bags close to the wall.

"Be careful, Alyssa." Lewis's Mom called out, still pointing her gun at her own son. "He's dangerous."

"You used up all your shots in the initial attack, Mom. Don't embarrass yourself by pretending it's still a threat." Benjamin reached out and took the gun from her. "I forgive you for killing my men. But you should some respect when addressing her."

"What are you...?" She looked over at Alyssa, who stayed silent.

"You didn't tell them? ...Interesting." He rubbed his face, a mocking grin starting to form. "Maybe you don't even know?"

"Shut up. " Alyssa leapt forward, reaching for his throat. Throwing himself backwards, Benjamin shifted as he moved. At the change she miscalculated, slamming into the much larger wolf, her teeth closing on only the fur around his neck.

"You want to fight? I'll fight." His wolf charged, snapping at her flank while she twisted desperately to avoid him. He was larger, stronger... but she was definitely more agile.

This isn't a winning strategy. We can't face him head on. Her wolf was directing the movements, keeping them alive from moment to moment as Benjamin pressed the attack.

I know that... Circle around towards the back of the room. I have an idea.

They growled, running in and taking a small chunk out of his foreleg before darting in the direction Alyssa had spotted earlier. Benjamin howled in pain, slamming her with his weight, throwing her smaller form enough to slam her against the wall. At the impact she shifted, turning into her more vulnerable form.

I don't like this. We're easier to kill this way.

"Not excited about being naked either, but it's necessary." She muttered, her hands working quickly.

"He should have protected you better than this." Benjamin laughed silently in her head. "He didn't even realize what a treasure he had."

SLAM!

A grey form jumped through the air, landing on Benjamin and knocking him to the ground. As they straightened up Alyssa recognized her mate with a sense of terror and relief. Relief that he was here. Terror that he was now in danger.

The two alpha wolves circled each other.

"You should have just found your own territory." Lewis silent voice was grim, full of his authority as Alpha. "Even with your treachery, I was willing to let you go."

"That's because you're weak. This is MY territory. MY pack. You are the one who has to die. And as for your lovely mate who you know so little about... how about I take her too?"

He sighed at his brother's words. "You're forcing me to kill you."

"Lewis, push him my way!" Alyssa called out silently through their connection.

"That'll put you in danger!"

"Trust me!"

Lewis ducked his head, the almost submissive posture throwing his brother into confusion. As Benjamin hesitated, Lewis charged forward, aiming not for his throat or other vulnerable points, but at his feet. Throwing all his weight behind it, Lewis tripped him up, pushing him back- straight towards Alyssa.

"Here you go! Be careful!"

"Thanks!"

"You just put your mate in harm's way! She's defenseless!" He snarled, turning his attention to Alyssa's vulnerable state. "Fool!"

BZZZT

His form seized for a brief moment and collapsed to the ground,

"Nope!" Alyssa grinned and held up her Taser. "He just trusts me!"

"..."

"..."

There was a brief stunned silence.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" Lewis' mother leaned against the counter, looking relieved.

"Just one more thing." Alyssa held up a finger. Reaching down, she grabbed her overly loaded suitcase filled with her research books.

BAM! And raised it over her head, slamming it down on top of Benjamin.

"Oof." Both Lewis and his mother winced, but made no move to stop her.

"That's for attacking me. Not to mention what you've done to Lewis!" She then reached down and pulled an ampule out of one of the pockets, stabbing Benjamin in the arm with it.

"What is that?"

"Tranquilizer." She answered, making sure the drug injected okay.

"It's very effective." Lewis laughed silently in their heads, and then slowly shifting back to his human form. His green eyes met her own, and neither looked away for a long a moment.

"Are you okay?"

"Are you alright?"

They asked at the same time. Alyssa smelled his blood and panicking, ran over to look at him closely. "Where are you hurt?"

She grabbed his arm, finding a small cut there, and continued to look at his limbs.

Lewis froze. "Umm... Could we do this with clothing on?"

"..." Alyssa stepped back, rubbing her forehead as she realized that they were both naked and she had been feeling him over. "...Sure."

"...Well" Lewis's mother broke the silence with an awkward cough. "I'm going to go see to the pack. You two... talk." She gave them a thumbs up and slipped out.

THIS IS A PERFECT CHANCE TO DISPLAY YOUR GENITALS! WHY ARE YOU RUINING IT?! Lewis' wolf spoke up, frustrated.

"That's not even a wolf mating ritual." Lewis hissed. "Will you leave it alone?!"

Don't worry! Her wolf chimed in. We don't think you're impotent anymore!

"See..."

So we should just get straight to the mating!

AGREE!

Lewis and Alyssa sighed slightly at their wolves' excitement, and looked down at Benjamin, still unconscious on the floor.

"What do we do to him?" She asked, feeling tired.

"Do you still have some of those chains?" Taking the object she handed to him, Lewis bound the now human form of his brother, sneaking in a single kick in the process. "We'll send him to the Council. He's broken every law that I know of."

"... You know in all the stories where he's not killed the villain escapes and causes trouble again."

Lewis sighed at that. "I know it would be safer to kill him. But... I..." He trailed off, looking conflicted.

"It's okay." She patted his arm, avoiding the injury she found before. "If you were able to kill him easily you wouldn't be you."

"I worry sometimes that I'm too weak to be an Alpha."

"I know. And I'm sure there's probably some perfect balance of strength and mercy... but you don't have to have everything figured out right away."

"...Thanks."

She shrugged. "Besides, isn't your sister still out there? Maybe the council can use Benjamin to figure out where she is."

After handing Benjamin off to Gary and Bridgett to guard (And having them both fuss over Alyssa to make sure she was okay) the two went back to their rooms to change. Alyssa stared at the wall of her temporary bedroom, feeling conflicted.

"We should tell him."

He's our mate. He'll understand.

"I know. And that's what scares me."

Finishing her brief hesitation, she walked over to Lewis' room, knocking on the door.

"Come in."

"We need to talk."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1M 20.1K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
166K 4.4K 26
A girl named Emma has gone through a lot of problems. One day she is given a chance, to start a new and fresh life with her father. Emma won't pull a...
81.4K 6.7K 48
After Jared's mate, Amelia, left him for good, he had given up all hope of ever finding love again. That was until he discovered the Moon Goddess had...
675 5 48
Claire always dreamt on having a normal life but never had one. She grew up in a small town but moved to a city when she was ten with her stepmom and...