Together Forever (a Superman...

By shelbylynn9921

I thought that my best friend and boyfriend was just an ordinary guy from the day we started dating in 8th gr... More

Together Forever (a Superman love story)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Author's Note
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
*ANNOUNCEMENT*
Chapter 8
Authors Note
Chapter 9 Part 1
Chapter 9 Part 2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Authors Note
Last Authors Note

Chapter 6

3K 45 12
By shelbylynn9921

*Edited*

   I'm lying on the floor in front of the TV with my head in my hands. My bare feet are cold on the hard wood floor beneath me and the only thing that is swirling around in my mind was He lied. He lied to me and it put himself in danger. He couldn't have survived that. He lied. He lied to me. 

   "What do I do?" I say over and over to myself, out loud. I am trying to figure what I should do. Should I try to find where they are keeping him captive, or should I just wait? He's not dead, he can't be. I mean it's possible.... Wait, no, what am I saying? I've seen him survive way more than this. He isn't dead. He isn't. I just have to find a way to see him. The only place I can think of is jail. Where else would they keep him?

   "Hi, is Clark Kent allowed to have visitors?" I ask the lady at the front desk. My head starts pounding again, along with my heart. 

   "No ma'am. Mr. Kent isn't allowed to have visitors at this time. Or any time for that matter. Would you like me to give him a message?" She asks. I shook my head.

   "No no no, you don't understand, you have to let me see him." I beg.

"I'm sorry, I just can't allow it. Officers orders. It's my job sweetheart." She sighs, putting her glasses back on and going back to whatever she was doing before I got there. I have to think fast. I get into my purse and take out all the money I have in my wallet, which is about 195 dollars. Hopefully that's enough to please her. I just have to see him. As soon as I get it out of my wallet,  I slam it on the counter and look at her. She stares in aw at me. I just shrug. She grabs the money and takes me where ever Clark is.

   "Clark." I breathe, as I run toward him and give him a hug.

   "Ow!" He backs up a bit and I look down to his abdomen. He had about 20 tiny bullets stuck in his suit. 

   "But how did they not kill you?" I ask. 

   "This thing is thicker than it looks." He laughs, pointing to the bullets. I giggle. I completely forgot about what he did, because I am distracted by the fact that he is actually alive.

   "So why did you lie to me?" I question, sitting in the chair across from him. We are in this dark, small room with barely any light with the most dirtiest table and chairs, sitting in the middle of the room. I watch as a red light blinks, on the camera in the right corner, indicating they are recording  we do. 

   "I did it to keep you safe." He says leaning forward in the table with his hands together and his elbows up on the surface.

   "I get that, but there has to be another reason why? I am perfectly safe. And even if I wasn't, I am more than capable of keeping myself safe. If anyone needs saving, it's you." I lean back in my chair and cross my arms. He laughs and looks away from me.

   "What? What's so funny?" I demand.

   "It's nothing, just..... You don't understand how much danger I am putting you in. With you being with me might just get you killed." He says. All of a sudden, without moving his body, just his neck, he looks over at the glass that is between us and the police men, and I'm going to guess the FBI.

   "Is there anything you would like to ask me, because now is the time. All I have is time now. So go ahead." We hear a little click, then a voice comes on over the intercom.

   "Where did you come from?" A deep, man voice practically demands.

   "I came from a planet called Krypton. Far far away from here." Clark says not looking away from the glass. He looks to his hand cuffs and then back towards the people behind the glass.

   "Why did you come here?" A slightly higher man voice says. I see Clark clenching his jaw.

   "My parents sent me here for refuge. My planet was dying and this was the only planet that had signs of life that I could be compatible with. They sent me here so I could live a better life. I was just a baby when all of this happened." He said softly. There was a long pause. Then the click sound.

   "What..... abilities do you have? You obviously can fly." This time a woman asks the question. Clark takes a deep breath, then answers.

   "I have 'super strength' if you will. I have heat vision. I can heal with the heat vision. My ability to hear things is extraordinary . And I am able to see things that other people can't. Through bodies and buildings. Anything like that." Clark takes a deep breath, setting his jaw. There is a very, very long pause before we hear the click for hopefully the last time.

   "Are you able to see us?" The woman asks again, her voice unsteady a little bit.

   "Yes." He says flatly. Another long pause.

   "How?" She asks again.

   "Like I said, I can see things that others can't." He pauses "I am not a threat. I have been living here, blending in for 30 years. I have been helping people believe it or not. That's all I want to do. Help people. Save lives. And if you are just going to keep me locked up in here forever, then a lot of those lives are going to be lost. So please just let me go." Clark pleads his case . Another long pause. All of these pauses are really getting annoying. All of a sudden, the door pops open.

   "Go." we hear the man demand. Clark grabs my hand and drags me out of the room. "Go before they catch you!" I hear him yell while we were running away from the room we were in. I'm guessing other people will not like what he just did. My heart is pounding so fast, and I could feel the sweat beginning to seep through my pours, every minute I run the other way. Clark is barely huffing and puffing. We ran down three flights of stairs. I finally just stop and try to catch my breath. I feel my legs start to give in and I stumble to the ground. 

 "Are you okay?" Clark asks softly, reaching out his arms for me as I fall to the floor.

 "I'm fine." I groan. What is happening to me?

 "Seriously, are you okay? You've been acting strange lately." He says, helping me up.

 "I wonder why." I scoff. He looks at me with a sort of hurt look on his face, but I ignore it. He can handle a little rudeness. Especially after what he did to me. I dust my hands off on my jeans, but I start to feel light headed. 

   "Wouldn't it just be easier if you carried me while you do the thing you like to do?" I ask, leaning over and resting my hands on my knees. He looks away, but then looks back at me.

   "Right, yes." He picks me up, and sooner than I know it, we're gone in seconds.

***

   "Where are we?" I ask, looking around in confusion. He lands in the middle of a flower field. The flowers are purple, and pink, and yellow. They are so beautiful.

   "Hawaii." He smiles. My heart stops. Hawaii?? I gasp inside my head. I slowly turn around.

   "Where in Hawaii?" I sort of demand, when I finally look at him in the eyes.

   "Well actually it's an island near Hawaii. This place will keep you and me safe. Welcome to your new home!" He says pointing to the nearest mountain that had a house on top of it. I look at him with an angry look and his smile fades.

   "We're staying here? Why? No, no, no, we are not staying here! Take me back!! Right now. I don't want to stay here. Take me back to New York, where my home is." I start to pace and throw my hands up into the air. "What about my family, and your mom, and my friends? What about all of that? I just can't leave them behind!" I start to struggle with my words. It's like my brain wasn't working as fast as my mouth is. "No take me back! TAKE ME BACK RIGHT NOW!" I scream. I have never been this mad before. He's being selfish. I didn't agree to this, and I didn't think I was actually that mad at him, but apparently I am. This is just too much to handle.

   "Why? I thought you wanted this?" He said, stepping closer to me. I put a hand up. I start to feel angry tears well up. Just when I thought I couldn't cry anymore, I cry again. 

   "No I didn't. I never said I wanted to live on a deserted island with my boyfriend, who which, by the way, is wanted to be executed by the whole entire freaking planet! I new this was a bad idea. I have no idea why you would do such...such...such a selfish thing . I can't just pack my bags and live in the middle of no where. I can't do that, Clark!"  I take a deep breath, and shake my head just replaying everything I just said in my head. No regrets.

   "Now! Take me back right now!" I whisper. He looks at me with confusion and guilt in his eyes. Then walks over to me, picks me up bridal style, and we're off.

***

   He takes me back to my apartment. Now, I'm stumbling with my keys, trying to get away from him. I can sense him wanting to comfort me, but doesn't. Thank god.

   "Here let me...." I turn around with fresh tears seeping out of my eyes.

   "No!" I put my finger in his face. "No! You were selfish when you left. You were selfish when you came back after years and years. You were selfish when you left again. And you were even more selfish when you turned yourself in!! You can't just pretend nothing happened, even though we escaped. Something happened Clark!!" I scream. He gets closer to me and I move back until I can't move anymore. "You lied to me! You lied and said that you promised you wouldn't turn yourself in, you promised me! And you lied! All I wanted to do was keep you safe, keeping your secret that you've tried so hard to keep for the last 30 years and I'm sick of it!" I wipe away my tears and move towards him, feeling this confidence move inside me. 

   "I have had enough with the lying, enough with the selfishness, and I am done with the secrets. I can't take it anymore Clark. It's too much pressure for someone like me!"

   "Stop yelling so we can think this through." He whispers. I start to feel anger rise in me. I've never felt this way before. I don't really understand, myself, why I just keep getting angrier and angrier by the second. 

   "No, I will not stop yelling. I don't care if the whole damn neighbor hood hears me yelling at you!! Then they would hear me say we are over!!!" I open my door and slam it as hard as I can, without breaking the door. I drop my things in front of the mirror next to the door and look at myself. My hair is a mess, in tangles. My mascara is running. I look like I've been crying for hours and never bothered to wipe it off. I run into my room and slam my head into the pillow. I scream into it as loud as I can. The power of my scream, scrapped the inside of my throat, causing it to burn the more I scream. After I am out of breath, I start to cry more. I didn't think I could do that anymore. I cry and I cry and I cry until, I can't breathe. I lift my head and see two huge pools of black tears. I roll over on my back, and my mind is so blank that I don't think about anything. I get up and go over to the door to see if Clark was still there, and he isn't. I slump down in front of the door, with my head in my arms.

   After a couple minutes, I get up and go into my bathroom. I take off all my clothes, wipe off all of my make-up and turn the shower on. I get into the tub and sit down right underneath the water. I start to feel all of my hair become wet, and the hot water moves over my face and body giving me a feeling of relief. I feel the light water on my back. It's like I'm in the rain. It feels good. I can almost forget about what has happened the past nine years or so, but then I start to think about it. I move my legs up to my chest and I wrap my arms around my knees, and just let the water fall onto my, small, vulnerable body. I start to stare of into space, not thinking about anything in particular. The only thing I had to tell myself was to breathe.

   Just breathe.

***

Hey guys, so I hoped you liked it. Sorry it took so long. Like always, I didn't know what should happen next so this chapter may be more boring or childish to some people. Maybe not to other people. I don't know, but thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote, add, and comment. I love seeing nice comments on my story. It gives me good motivation. And feel free to tell me what I need to change, or how can I make it better. If you didn't like it, then still comment telling me that you didn't like it. I can take no for an answer:) :) Thanks guys!! :) :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

900 37 27
Connor Hunter's life was as normal as everything was. He attended school regularly with his two best friends. He had average scores which for a guy o...
216K 15.8K 60
I didn't ask to be born into this world, none of us did but we make the best of it. I'm a twenty-five year old single man. Why you may ask? Because I...
1.5K 31 20
Twelve years ago, he drove away with my heart in his hands. I've moved on since then. Or so I thought. Growing up in a small town, there weren't too...
184K 5.8K 56
... I didn't know what to do... so I did nothing. There I was, sprawled onto the ground. Just looking at the sky. Wishing... praying... pleading that...