Chapter 6

*Edited*

   I'm lying on the floor in front of the TV with my head in my hands. My bare feet are cold on the hard wood floor beneath me and the only thing that is swirling around in my mind was He lied. He lied to me and it put himself in danger. He couldn't have survived that. He lied. He lied to me. 

   "What do I do?" I say over and over to myself, out loud. I am trying to figure what I should do. Should I try to find where they are keeping him captive, or should I just wait? He's not dead, he can't be. I mean it's possible.... Wait, no, what am I saying? I've seen him survive way more than this. He isn't dead. He isn't. I just have to find a way to see him. The only place I can think of is jail. Where else would they keep him?

   "Hi, is Clark Kent allowed to have visitors?" I ask the lady at the front desk. My head starts pounding again, along with my heart. 

   "No ma'am. Mr. Kent isn't allowed to have visitors at this time. Or any time for that matter. Would you like me to give him a message?" She asks. I shook my head.

   "No no no, you don't understand, you have to let me see him." I beg.

"I'm sorry, I just can't allow it. Officers orders. It's my job sweetheart." She sighs, putting her glasses back on and going back to whatever she was doing before I got there. I have to think fast. I get into my purse and take out all the money I have in my wallet, which is about 195 dollars. Hopefully that's enough to please her. I just have to see him. As soon as I get it out of my wallet,  I slam it on the counter and look at her. She stares in aw at me. I just shrug. She grabs the money and takes me where ever Clark is.

   "Clark." I breathe, as I run toward him and give him a hug.

   "Ow!" He backs up a bit and I look down to his abdomen. He had about 20 tiny bullets stuck in his suit. 

   "But how did they not kill you?" I ask. 

   "This thing is thicker than it looks." He laughs, pointing to the bullets. I giggle. I completely forgot about what he did, because I am distracted by the fact that he is actually alive.

   "So why did you lie to me?" I question, sitting in the chair across from him. We are in this dark, small room with barely any light with the most dirtiest table and chairs, sitting in the middle of the room. I watch as a red light blinks, on the camera in the right corner, indicating they are recording  we do. 

   "I did it to keep you safe." He says leaning forward in the table with his hands together and his elbows up on the surface.

   "I get that, but there has to be another reason why? I am perfectly safe. And even if I wasn't, I am more than capable of keeping myself safe. If anyone needs saving, it's you." I lean back in my chair and cross my arms. He laughs and looks away from me.

   "What? What's so funny?" I demand.

   "It's nothing, just..... You don't understand how much danger I am putting you in. With you being with me might just get you killed." He says. All of a sudden, without moving his body, just his neck, he looks over at the glass that is between us and the police men, and I'm going to guess the FBI.

   "Is there anything you would like to ask me, because now is the time. All I have is time now. So go ahead." We hear a little click, then a voice comes on over the intercom.

   "Where did you come from?" A deep, man voice practically demands.

   "I came from a planet called Krypton. Far far away from here." Clark says not looking away from the glass. He looks to his hand cuffs and then back towards the people behind the glass.