The Life of Hadley Maximoff

By InMyRepEra7

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way." What if Wanda and Pietro Maximo... More

Character Aesthetics
A Very Interesting Day
Powers
New York?!?!
My New Home
Training
A Few Weeks Later
One Year Later
The Team
The Hulk Encounter
The Battle of New York
Another Mission?!
On The Run
The Truth About Shield
Long Time, No See
Stopping Project Insight
The Mission is Where?!?!
Sokovia Misson
Our New Enemy
The Next Mission
One Step Closer
The Battle of Sokovia
Milestones
The Mistake
Lagos
Sokovia Accords
Choosing Sides
Vienna
Rescue
The Hardest Battle
The Raft
Galactic Conflict
The Problem With The Mind Stone
Aftermath
Five Years Later
The Time Travel Plan
Testing
Getting The Stones
Backfire
The Fight of Our Lives
I'm Still Alive?
An Unexpected Phone Call
Westview Intell
Intell on Wanda
Testing and Confrontation
Inside Westview
I Smell Trouble
This is Helpful, How?
The Scarlet Witch and The Golden Witch
A Night Out In The City
A/N
Hadley in the Multiverse of Madness Trailer
Visitors From The Multiverse

The Battle of Wakanda

294 7 0
By InMyRepEra7

We leave within the hour and fly on the Quinjet. We are bringing the Hulk Buster suit Tony used on Bruce a few years ago when Wanda and Pietro were on Ultron's side. We fly for hours, and Wanda sits next to Vision holding his hand, and I pace the jet. As we enter Wakanda, I look out the window, and I see the most beautiful landscape ever! "Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0," Steve tells Sam, who is flying the jet. "I hope your right about this. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to," says Sam. We fly through a barrier and into the real technologically advanced part of Wakanda. I am awestruck at the sight of the city as we fly. I love technology and I appreciate the design of Wakanda.

We land and are met by T'Challa and his guards called the Dora Milaje. We get off the jet, and Steve says, "Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." and he and T'Challa shake hands. The Dora Milaje nod to me, and I smile. Bruce clears his throat and bows, and T'Challa says, "We don't do that here. So how big of an assault should we expect?" "Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault," says Bruce. "How are we looking?" asks Nat. "You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." "A semi-stable 100-year old man." finishes Bucky. Steve and Bucky hug and Steve asks, "How've you been, Buck?" "Uh, not bad, for the end of the world," says Bucky smiling.

We go to a special lab in the jungle next to some waterfalls. We meet T'Challa's sister Shuri, and she has Vision lying on a special table, and she scans him with her Kimoyo beads, a special type of Wakandan tech developed by Shuri herself. "Whoa," says Bruce when the beads project Vision's stone. "The structure is polymorphic," says Shuri. "Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially," says Bruce. "Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" asks Shuri. "Because we didn't think of it," says Bruce. "I'm sure you did your best," says Shuri. "Can you do it?" asks Wanda. "Yes, but there are over two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time, brother," says Shuri. "How long?" asks Steve. "As long as you can give me," says Shuri. We hear a trilling, and this time it's not Vision's stone. It's actually Okoye's Kimoyo beads. Her beads project a globe, and she says, "Something's entered the atmosphere." "Hey, Cap, we got a situation here," says Sam on comms. He is waiting outside with Bucky. "We got more incoming outside the dome," says Rhodey. We all look out the window and watch as weird ships land outside of the barrier. "It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now," says Vision sitting up and getting off the table. "Vision, get your ass back on the table," says Nat. "We will hold them off. Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head, you blow it to hell," says Steve. "I will," says Wanda. "Hadley, stay here," says Steve. "No! Absolutely not. I want to fight! Besides, you could use someone with my powers on the battlefield," I say passionately. "Steve, she's been fighting for half of her life, and she's made it out of all of them alive. If she wants to fight, I trust her, and I am letting her," says Nat. "Fine. Just be careful," says Steve. "Evacuate the city. Engage all defenses and get this man a shield," says T'Challa pointing to Steve. Before we go, I hug Wanda, and she hugs me even tighter. We stop hugging, and she holds my shoulders, and she says, "Hads, please be careful! This isn't just two aliens. It's hundreds." "Wanda, I am always careful in battle. And clearly, you don't remember the story about me fighting in the battle of New York at age 6. This isn't my first rodeo," I say. Wanda smiles, and I leave to fight.

We ride on open ships, and Bruce is in his Hulk Buster suit. "How are we looking, Bruce?" asks Nat. "Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it," says Bruce, then he tries flying and does it successfully. Then he runs and trips over a rock falling flat on his face or, should I say, the suit's face. "I've got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line," says Rhodey. We get to a certain point, and we get off the ship, and it turns around and flies back into the city.

We are in the front row, and I am standing in between Steve and Nat. T'Challa, Nat, Steve, and I walk to the barrier to talk to the aliens. The girl alien from last night and the same type of big alien from the news. The girl alien who I have learned is named Proxima Midnight tries to use her weapon to weaken the barrier but no such luck. We get to the barrier, and Nat asks, "Where's your other friend?" "You will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone," says Proxima Midnight. "That's not gonna happen," says Steve. "You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood," says T'Challa, and I stick my tongue out at Proxima Midnight. "We have blood to spare." says Proxima Midnight and raises her arm that is holding her weapon. Her ship doors open, and we watch for a minute and walk back to our troops.

We see hundreds of four-armed aliens come running through the tree line, but they can't get through the barrier. "What the hell?" says Bucky. "Looks like we pissed her off," says Nat. I am again standing in between Nat and Steve. The aliens try to get through the barrier but can't, and some of their arms fall, some of them are chopped in half, etc. Some do make it in. "They're killing themselves." says Okoye. Then as the ones who made it run at us, the Wakandans use their capes to make shields. Then everyone starts shooting at them. The ones outside of the barrier start to run around the side. "Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us, there's nothing between them and Vision," says Bruce. "Then we better keep 'em in front of us," says Steve. "How do we do that?" asks Okoye. "We open the barrier. On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen. On my signal," says T'Challa into his comms. "This will be the end of Wakanda," says M'Baku. "Then it will the noblest ending in history," says Okoye. Steve activates his shield. T'Challa says something in Wakandan.

Then we make our way in front of the Border Tribe who made the shields, and T'Challa says, "Wakanda Forever!" crosses his arms over his chest in his trademark pose, and we all charge forward with Steve and T'Challa in the lead. T'Challa says, "Now!" as he runs and part of the barrier opens. I keep an even pace with Nat and Okoye, which says something since they are adults and have longer legs than me as a 10-year old. We meet the aliens and start fighting. I use my powers to rip some of them in half, and I use my weather powers to get many of them at once. I hear T'Challa speak into his comms and ask, "How much longer, Shuri." I can only hear T'Challa's end, but I am guessing they have barely started since we have only been down on the battlefield for 20 minutes, give or take a few. "You might want to pick up the pace," says T'Challa, then he continues fighting, and so do I. I fly up in the air to get an ariel view, and we are majorly outnumbered. I land and use my telekinesis to fight since my weather powers take up a lot of energy, and I can tell that this will be a long battle. Two aliens tackle me at once, and I try to cover my face. They are a lot bigger than me, and I can't use my powers against them since I am pinned down. I move my head a little, and I see Nat in a similar situation. Someone, please help us, I think to myself.

Then a big ball of rainbow light hits the ground, and a ax flies around with lightning coming from it, knocking all of the aliens off of us, and I stand up and see Thor holding a new and much bigger ax looking hammer, a raccoon holding a gun, and... a tree? Bruce takes off his helmet and laughs and says, "You guys are so screwed now!" "Bring me, Thanos!" says Thor running and flying up in the air and summoning lots of lighting, and he hits the ground, killing lots of the aliens around him.

I fight next to Thor and Steve, and we hit a pause in between fighting and Steve and Thor look at each other, and Steve asks, "New haircut?" "Noticed you've copied my beard," says Thor. "Hey Thor, long time no see. Since the last time you saw me, I got 11 new powers, and the majority of them are weather powers," I say. "Cool!" says Thor, then he says, "By the way, this is a friend of mine, Tree." "I am Groot." says the tree. "I am Steve Rogers," says Steve. "I am Hadley Maximoff," I say, then I return to fighting. I spot Nat, and I fight back to back with her.

Then suddenly, the ground starts to rumble, and hills start to form, and spiky wheels shoot up from under the ground. It splits into about ten separate wheels, and they go in different directions. Five massive ones and five smaller ones. More and more of those wheel contraptions start coming making it very hard to fight because you are constantly looking over your shoulder.

Nat, Okoye, and I are fighting some aliens when one of those big wheel contraptions is about ten feet away from us. I try to use my powers to stop and destroy them, but I can't; I can only slow them down and slightly levitate them. We are seconds away from dying. Then out of nowhere, Wanda lands and uses her powers to levitate them pretty high, and she looks over her shoulder and sees lots of those aliens coming, and she throws her arms down behind her, and the wheels miss Okoye, Nat, and I but it kills lots of the aliens.
"Why was she up there all this time?" asks Okoye. I smile and high-five Wanda and hug her, and then we keep fighting.

Wanda and I team up and fight back to back. After a minute or so, Sam says, "Guys, we've got a Vision situation here," "Somebody get the Vision!" says Steve. "I got him!" says Bruce. "On my way!" says Wanda, only to get hit in the head by Proxima Midnight's sword in the same spot as last night. Wanda rolls down into one of the ditches from the spiky wheels. "Wanda!" I say, and I get hit by Proxima Midnight's sword as I try to go down to Wanda. I roll down the hill and land next to Wanda.

Proxima Midnight grabs Wanda by her shoulder and rolls her over, and Midnight says, "He'll die alone. As will you." "She's not alone," Nat and I say together, standing behind Proxima Midnight. She turns around and glares at us. Then she looks the other way and sees Okoye with her spear ready to attack. Okoye nods at Nat, and Proxima yells, and we start fighting again.

Nat hits her with her baton, and Okoye comes up and around and uses her spear. Then a spiky wheel rolls over our ditch, and we all duck. It passes, and I use my powers to try to take away Midnight's weapon. I do so successfully, only for her to punch me really hard knocking me to the ground, and she takes her weapon back. Then she kicks Nat and throws Okoye. Nat turns her baton into two and keeps fighting. I get up off the ground and try to help her with my hand-to-hand combat skills. Midnight throws me and pins Nat to the ground, and she tries to kill Nat with her sword. Then Wanda uses her powers and lifts Midnight into the air, and a wheel kills Proxima Midnight. Midnight's blue blood splatters and got on Nat's face, neck, and outfit, and she says, "That was really gross."

Then Wanda and I fly to where Vision is, and she runs over to him. He looks worse than he did last night, and he looked pretty bad after last night. Right now, he has wounds, and his body is flashing yellow lights. Then his stone glows yellow and lets out a high-pitched ringing sound Vision groans, and Wanda says, "What? What is it?" "He's here." says Vison. Then out of nowhere, the wind starts to blow, and everyone looks at me. "I promise I'm not using my powers." I say. "Everyone, on my position. We have incoming." says Steve. We all look up, and Nat says, "What the hell?" Hear a weird sound, and I look and see a blue and black fog-looking portal form, and a purple man steps out of it. The man is huge and is wearing a gold gauntlet with the other stones in it. This must be Thanos. Wanda is standing in front of Vision with her powers ready, and I am standing in front of her with my Telekinesis ready. Right now, Telekinesis is the least draining power and the easiest for me to use. "Cap. That's him." says Bruce. "Eyes up. Stay sharp." says Steve jogging towards Thanos.

Thanos uses the blue Space Stone and makes Bruce able to go through him, and Thanos sends Bruce still in the Hulk Buster suit into a rock and sticks him there. He uses the purple Power Stone to throw Steve effortlessly. T'Challa jumps, and Thanos grabs him by the neck, punches him, and T'Challa hits the ground. Sam flies at Thanos and tries to shoot him, but Thanos uses the Space Stone and makes Sam's wings turn really flimsy, and he crashes.

"Wanda. It's time." says Vision. "No." says Wanda, and she turns her back to Vision. Vision grabs Wanda's arm and pulls her, so she faces him, and he says, "They can't stop him, Wanda, but we can. Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone." "Don't." says Wanda. "You must do it. Wanda, please. We are out of time." says Vision. "I can't." says Wanda. "Yes, you can. You can. If he gets the stone half, the universe dies. It's not fair. it shouldn't be you, but it is. It's all right. You could never hurt me. I just feel you." says Vision. Wanda is crying right now, and there's nothing I can do. I have to guard her while she destroys Vision and the stone.

Wanda actives her powers and starts to destroy Vision and the stone. If I knew she wouldn't get mad at me or something, I would do it for her, so she doesn't have to go through that, but I know she would rather do it herself. She starts using one hand. I watch as Thanos uses the Space Stone and freezes Rhodey, and throws him. Bucky runs at Thanos, who uses the Power Stone on him knocking him to the ground. Okoye throws her spear at Thanos, and he stops it and throws her with the Power Stone. Nat runs at Thanos, and he uses the Power Stone to pin her down with a lot of tree bark. "Nat!" I scream. I try to use my Earth powers to free her but they don't work. The power of the Infinity Stone outdoes my powers. Groot uses his plant powers, and Thanos just breaks the branches around him.

Wanda looks at me and everyone, and she looks at Thanos and has to use both hands. Steve comes and fights Thanos again, and I try to help, but Steve shoves me out of the way to avoid getting hurt. Thanos punches Steve really hard, knocking him to the ground, and Thanos comes towards me. I am standing in front of Wanda, using my powers to make a shield. Thanos uses the stones to break my shield, and he grabs me, and he throws me, and my head hits a tree and crumble to the ground. I most likely got another concussion. "Hadley!" screams Wanda. I get back up, and I see Wanda using one hand to stop Thanos, who uses all five Infinity Stones to make a mini shield, and she is using her other hand to destroy Vision and the Mind Stone. "It's all right. I love you," says Vision. I watch as the Mind Stone and Vision start to crack, and they both explode, knocking Wanda over.

Thanos walks over to Wanda, and he says, "I understand, my child. Better than anyone." "You could never." says Wanda, crying, emphasizing you. Thanos touches her head, and I say, "Don't you dare touch her!" I walk over to them, and I punch and kick Thanos, then I use my Telekinesis on him. Thanos gets annoyed and grabs my arm and throws me a little. How I am surviving his throws is a mystery. I get back up and walk towards Wanda and Thanos. "Today, I lost more than you could know. But now is no time to mourn. Now is no time at all." says Thanos, and he uses the Time Stone and makes a circular motion and Wanda and I watch in horror as Vision comes back to life, and Wanda screams "No!" and she tries to run over to them to stop Thanos, but he hits her sending her flying. He grabs Vision by the throat, and I use my powers to try to get him to let go, but my powers are too weak compared to the other five stones. Thanos rips the stone out of Vision's head, leaving a big hole. The second the stone is ripped out of his head, Vision turns a lifeless grey.

Thanos throws Vision's lifeless body and puts the Mind Stone in his gauntlet. Thanos screams and tilts his head back as the power of the stones gets into his body. Wanda crawls over to Vision's lifeless body, drapes herself over it, and cries.

Then lightning hits Thanos, and Thor throws his new hammer, Stormbreaker, at Thanos, and Thanos tries to block the hammer from coming using the power from all six stones, but the hammer overpowers them, and it lodges itself into his chest. Thor lands and walks over to Thanos, and Thor says, "I told you, you'd die for that." Then he pushes Stormbreaker deeper into Thanos's chest, making him scream. Thanos says weakly, "You should have... You should have gone for the head." then he snaps his fingers, and Thor shouts, "No!"

I can't believe it. We lost. For the first time, I lost a major battle against a bad guy. Now half of the universe at random is gonna die.

"What did you do? What'd you do?" yells Thor. The gauntlet is almost destroyed and parts of Thanos look burned. Thanos makes a portal and leaves through it. Stormbreaker drops to the ground with shiny purple blood on it.

"Where'd he go? Thor. Where'd he go?" asks Steve. I am hugging and trying to comfort Wanda. Her body is shaking with sobs. I am rubbing circles on her back and trying to get her to take some deep breaths. "Steve?" asks Bucky. I look up and see him dissolve into dust. No! Not Bucky! I think to myself.

"Wanda, I love you for Infinity no matter what!" I say. "Love you too, Hads." says Wanda through tears. Then to my horror, she starts to turn to dust. "Wanda, please! I can't lose you!" She looks at me one more time. Then she fully disappears. Her face looked almost relieved. "Noooo!" I scream, and I start crying. I am sitting on my knees, crying the hardest I have ever cried. My body is shaking with sobs. I can barely breathe. Wanda's gone. I am the last Maximoff now. Nat and Steve run over. Between my sobbing and the fact that I can barely breathe, I can barely say, "She's gone. Wanda's gone." Nat goes to hug me and I scoot away from her. "Hadley?" asks Nat. I catch my breath and say, "Sorry. It's just that everything I touch dies." "What?" asks Steve. "My original parents, Phil Coulson, Pietro, Wanda, Vision, Sam, Bucky, and probably more people because of the snap. I don't want to lose you two too because I hugged either of you," I say as I count on my fingers while fighting back tears. "Oh, Hadley. None of that was your fault. Your original parents died from a bombing, Phil died because of Loki, Pietro died because of Ultron, Wanda died because of Thanos's snap, Vision died because of Thanos, Sam and Bucky died because of Thanos's snap and anyone else you're probably thinking of either didn't die or they died from Thanos's snap," says Nat. "But Thanos snapping is my fault. I could done more to stop him. Instead, I stood around watching Wanda do everything," I say. "Hadley, that's not true. I saw you fight him with and without your powers. You got thrown twice. 90% percent of the population would have died from being thrown once. You got thrown and got right back up like nothing happened and you continued to fight," says Steve. I nod and relax a bit. Nat moves to hug me again and I let her hug me this time. Nat says, "Everything is gonna be okay, Hads." She pulls me onto her lap, and I cry into her chest while she rubs my back. Nat switches to stroking my hair. "Everything's gonna be okay," says Nat softly. I feel a few of her own tears hit my back. Wanda is her and Steve's adopted daughter, just like me. At least she's with Pietro and my original parents.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 4K 37
Book 1 Wandaxreader Enemies to lovers You are Tony's daughter You join the avengers after gaining powers Set after age of ultron I don't know if Pet...
103K 1.7K 30
This is a story about you being Tony Stark's daughter. But one day while you were working down in the lab something happens. But then when it gets cl...
345K 8K 17
A Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver love story. Have you sometimes felt ... different. Like you weren't normal. Aurora James has always found that people w...
29.7K 1.1K 40
21 year old Y/n just moved across the street from the Maximoffs. You are successful at a young age working for Stark Space Administration. Wanda is...