An Unexpected Phone Call

It's been a few months since I snapped my fingers and we got Nat back. Wanda has gone who knows where about a week ago. I think she needs to adjust to not having Vision. I am chilling in my room and I get a phone call. It's an unknown caller ID. I pick it up because it could be someone important. "Hello?" I ask. "Hi, is this Hadley Maximoff?" asks the man on the other end. "Yes. It is." I say. "Perfect. Hadley, I'm Tyler Hayward. I am the Director of SWORD." says the man. "Hi, Director Hayward. What can I do for you?" I say. "Hadley, are you alone right now?" asks Hayward. "Yes. I am in my room. Everyone else is downstairs." I say. "Perfect. I don't know how to put this. There's no way to sugar coat it, but Wanda has stormed our facility and now she has created a false reality. Hadley, you are the only person we can think of that can help us fix this. When is the soonest that you could get to our headquarters?" asks Hayward. "10 minutes tops. Should I suit up?" I ask. "Sure," says Hayward. "Perfect! I will suit up and teleport to SWORD headquarters. What should I tell my parents? They will want to know where I'm going." I say. "Tell them that you have a mission and you need to be briefed at the SWORD headquarters. Please don't mention it's related to Wanda. Since your parents are Natasha Romanoff and Steve Rogers I am sure they will understand that you can only say what you are allowed to say," says Hayward. "Thank you! I will teleport to the headquarters lobby. See you in 10 minutes." I say. "See you in 10," says Hayward, and we hang up. I immediately throw on my suit and grab my phone. My Avengers watch is always on so now all I need to do is tell my parents. I teleport to the living room and they are sitting on the couch talking. "Mom, Dad, I need to talk to you for a minute," I say. "Hads, what's up?" asks Nat. "I have a mission and I am off to go get briefed at the SWORD headquarters," I say. "Ok. Be careful," says Steve. "I will be," I say. "Thanks for telling us now you should get to the headquarters," says Nat. I smile and nod and I teleport to SWORD Headquarters.

I arrive in the lobby. I see a tall man standing in the lobby looking around for someone. He must be Hayward. I walk over to him and he says "Hadley! Nice to meet you!" We shake hands. "Nice to meet you too!" I say. "Follow me," says Hayward and he leads me to a car. I get in the passenger seat and he drives us out of the facility and we arrive at a makeshift base outside of a small town around sunset time. We get out of the car and I notice that in front of the town is a clear yet sort of reflective rainbow wall that looks impenetrable considering the amounts of drones and things that are trying to be flown in there and a few of them are succeeding. "Hadley, follow me. You will be working with Darcy Lewis who is an Astrophysicist," says Hayward. I follow him inside one of the buildings and he leaves me with a SWORD worker. I follow the Sword worker to a room with a view of the wall and I see a woman sitting down watching a show or something on an old TV. "Hi, I'm Hadley Maximoff. You must be Darcy Lewis." I say. The woman gets up and says "Yep! Hi, I'm Darcy! I can't believe I'm actually meeting Hadley Maximoff!" I smile and I say "I'm happy to meet a fan! Now, what are we looking at here?" "I was doing a scan and I got a colossal amount of CMBR," says Darcy. "Do you know what CMBR is?" asks Darcy. "Yes! I have lived with Tony Stark and Bruce Banner for most of my life. Of course, I know what CMBR is. I also know lots of other terms too. Now please continue." I say and Darcy nods and smiles "Intertwined with all of that I read a TV signal. So I had SWORD pick up an old TV and here we are." says Darcy and she points to the TV. My jaw drops when I see Wanda on the screen. "It's a sitcom starring my sister! Well, congrats Wanda on your dream sitcom life." I say and Darcy laughs. I can tell that working with Darcy is gonna be fun. We call Hayward and some other SWORD members over and we show them what Darcy found. "You? What is this? Where's this coming from?" asks Hayward. "Out there," says Darcy and she turns back to the sitcom. "You didn't answer the back door. For your upside-down cake," says Agnes handing Wanda a pineapple on the TV. "Is it authentic?" asks Hayward. "I'm not sure how to answer that," says Darcy. "Is it happening in real-time? Is it recorded, fabricated?" asks Hayward. "I don't know. I don't know. And I don't know." says Darcy. "What do you know?" asks Hayward. "My equipment registered an extremely high level of CMBR. That's..." says Darcy. "Relic radiation dating back to the Big Bang," says Hayward. "Yeah, entwined was a broadcast frequency. So I had your goons pick me up a sweet vintage TV. And when I plug this bad boy in, voilà, sound and picture." says Darcy. "Dinner is served," says Wanda on the TV. "So you're saying the universe created a sitcom starring two Avengers?" asks Jimmy Woo who is an FBI agent and he going to be working with Darcy and me. "It's a working theory," says Darcy. "Get me a transport back to headquarters now. Are we recording this?" says Hayward "Never stopped." says Darcy. "I need immediate analysis. Now, people. Let's go!" says Hayward and he and his other workers leave. "He's a charmer," says Darcy. "Great work," says Jimmy. "Hey, thanks," says Darcy smiling, and Jimmy leaves. "Maybe I could get that coffee now?" says Darcy. "I could get you coffee. What type do you want?" I say. "Thanks, Hadley," says Darcy. She tells me what she wants and I teleport and I grab it for her and I teleport back. "Thank you!" says Darcy. "My pleasure," I say.